Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ideology Breeds Misery

Stepping off the shuttle, Sera glanced around as an eerie feeling washed over her. In her 22 years of life, she had never stepped foot on her race's homeworld. She had seen, read, and heard so much of it from her parents who immigrated from here to Cambria, but had never truly experienced it for herself. So many Twi'leks congregated in one place was a bit overwhelming. She had never been near so many of her own people. She felt sort of at home among her race, despite not knowing anyone.

After wandering about the starport in Kala'uun for some time, she decided to explore more of the sprawling city as it were. There was much activity on the streets, and it seemed to be a much simpler planet technologically than most of the Republic. She enjoyed the sights and smells, wondering what life would have been like having lived here instead of Cambria. Though she could do without the few petty drug dealers offering to sell her Glitteryll from alleyways. She had no use for them, but knew that stopping their sale would do nothing for the planet, herself, or the perpetrator, so she simply declined.

Ryloth was home to some of the best, most famous dancers around, an art she appreciated entirely. A number of clubs and cantinas in the area touted the best dancers in all of the known galaxy, and so she decided to head into one, order a drink, and enjoy the entertainment.

Despite enjoying the bit of time she had to spend here, she couldn't help but feel something was...off.

[member="Ash Valente"]

Ronan Nakasla

R
Ash sat there, in the corner of the bar, analysing the Jedi in his mind. How did he know she was a Jedi? Well truthfully, he didn't. HE just labelled her based on the light rolling off of her. It was a very base way to come to terms with what affiliation a person had, but these days everyone seemed obsessed with titles. They were what made the galaxy slowly get swallowed into the supermassive blackhole, he supposed. Whatever. His interest in her only went so far as to wonder how she would react to his presence. Before everything that had happened, he would've been a bright beacon but on a calm and neutral level. These days his energy rolled and flared like a red sun. He fed off the Dark Side like many a Sith Lord of far-gone ancient times. Was he evil? Not by most standards. As he came to conclusions based on the girl's alignment, however, so too did he expect she would once she noticed him.

For now, though, he would have another drink. She didn't feel that powerful, so he could get at least a little tipsy. He paused. Stared into the glass. His fascination with alcohol reminded him of his mentor. Maybe the drunkenness was associated with feeling alone...? He shook off that eerie feeling of following in Norongachi's footsteps and downed the shot. Some drink to remember, some drink to forget, and others drink to live. Where was Valente? Not even he knew.

[member="Seraphina Shel'tah"]

The music was relaxing, relatively upbeat, and entertaining, though something sinister crept up the back of the Jedi's spine, which made her spasm for a split second. Something was amiss. It felt...wrong. She slowly scanned the crowd once more, investigating more closely the patrons as they sat about gingerly enjoying their drinks and company. It clicked, her eyes focused on the man sitting toward the back of the room. Her eyes closed partway as she focused her sight. Her teeth gritted as she felt what had been bothering her. She could taste it. She could smell it. The Dark Side.

She slowly stood, leaving her drink on the table as she wandered toward where he was sitting. She wasn't exactly sure how tainted this one was, whether he was in fact Sith, or some other atrocious variation that claimed to be different. Sera had yet to meet a single Dark practicioner who wasn't out of their mind, rotten to the core, and fed off of other people's misery. She expected no different here, She sat down without a word or invitation, she simply looked him in the eyes for a few moments. She leaned forward and spoke quietly, she did not want to involve any of the other patrons or attract unnecessary attention from the bounty hunters that were sure to be strewn about the cantina. "Most of your kind visit Ryloth for one reason. Slavery."

The Padawan wriggled her nose, a small frown appearing on her face as she spoke. "My people are not glamorous toy servants for the rich or the powerful."

[member="Ash Valente"]

Ronan Nakasla

R
Ash's gaze flicked to the girl he'd recognised earlier. It didn't surprise him in the least she'd taken notice, but it did surprise him that she'd be so forward and so presumptuous. He allowed himself a half-amused half-grin and downed the last of his glassful, before sitting up in his seat and glancing about the area at the local patrons. Most were under their own intoxication be it for their partners or their drinks. That made discussions easier, since they went unnoticed. He turned then, and spoke.

"I figured you'd jump to conclusions. Nice to meet you too," he paused, milling over her apparent disdain towards slavery, and continued, "I personally have no interest in slavery. I doubt anyone could live up to my standards in such a regard anyway, unless they were a machine." his mouth quirked at that comment, though in amusement of irritation wasn't discernible.

He shifted in his seat, anyone with a brain realising he was positioning himself in such a way he could move quickly if he needed to, but (probably) against the young Jedi's assumptions, he made no sudden moves. His aura was stronger than ever in close proximity, and it would be likely she'd perceive his instinctual absorption and release of the excess Force flowing from everything. Like a sieve that tasted the energy like a serpent would taste the air. It was as though he breathed with the Force. A result of far too much science at an early age. Yet even with that natural movement, he gave off no aggression. A level of amusement and annoyance certainly, but his feeling remained passive. Like a Jedi with pent-up aggression. He was coiled.

But would she make him strike? He didn't know.

"At any rate, I wouldn't know anything about how your people are treated. Maybe I can go off and find a bounty placed on a slaver if it's as bad as you say..." his thoughts wandered for a moment before snapping back to the present.

Sera's eyes burned as she looked at Ash. He seemed overly confident, cocky even. Was she blinded by the idea that so many of her sisters typically fell victim to slavery at the hands of bounty hunters and Sith? Likely. But the sarcasm hidden in his response did nothing to change her mind otherwise. Her fists clenched slightly as she continued to stare him down. The girl could practically taste his darkside signature. It made her feel ill. Even if he weren't here looking for a slave, it was highly unlikely he was here for any noble reason. She had yet to meet a single darkside wielder that wasn't as poisonous as a snake.

"Your humor doesn't amuse me, Sith. Or are you going to try and convince me that you're not one of them?"

[member="Ash Valente"]

Ronan Nakasla

R
"Sith is such a crude term." he snapped without even thinking of the response himself. Reflexive... was his initial musing on his own action before he cooled himself and returned to his passive, if coiled, demeanour.

"The universe is more than red and blue, miss Jedi." he smoothed over. He wasn't going to try and convert her to some fairy tale of the Grey Jedi and loose morals. There were plenty out there who could do that, and much more convincingly, than he. Besides, the fact of the matter stood that she was pure and simply unworthy.

"Then why not kill her, Sigma?" came an unwarranted voice. Ash twitched slightly. The voice wasn't Rhoujen. It was... something else. Apparently he wasn't the true root of the system that dwelled within the body. There were worse demons than the one who took hold now. That would have to be corrected. Later. Unfortunately for him, it would have been likely for the girl to sense that spike of hostility, such was the detriment of being so obvious through the Force. It was likely only a matter of time, now.

Sera scoffed at the snarky rebuttle to her statement. "Crude term? Crude term?!" The girl was nearly fuming with anger at his refusal to answer any question with a straight answer. Her tone was steadily raising as she spoke, until it neared shouting levels. "The galaxy is filled with volatile, oppressive beings like you that wish nothing more than to conquer or enslave!"

A quick shiver ran up the Twi'lek's back, and she noted the momentary spasm of the man's body before her. It was subtle, but followed with a surge of darkness. Her hand positioned itself toward her belt as she leaned in towards him, a cold stare nearly milimeters from Ash's face. "Red or blue? No, but there is darkness, and there is light. The color of your soul has already defined you."

[member="Ash Valente"]

Ronan Nakasla

R
"Yes. Crude. It's a generalisation that Jedi use to categorise the galaxy of anyone who doesn't shine like a diamond." Sigma snapped back.

What was wrong with him? He supposed that, despite the obvious heartfelt convictions, he felt that she was so blinded by her beliefs that she would refuse what he felt was the Inevitable Truth: There was no inherent light or dark. Merely power and those who had the will to take it. He felt that near hatred for blind faith welling up inside him, and he fought to quell it. If he could avoid clashing blades with the girl, he would. He hadn't come to Ryloth with any intents than to have a drink and watch people be people. Now he was in a heated debate with a Padawan and getting all worked up. How... inconvenient. At this impasse of opinion, Sigma adjusted his weight to stand.

"Well, we appear to be getting nowhere. So I'll be on my way, and you can take your aggression elsewhere... Jedi." he slid that final snark in there without realising.

Some subconscious part of his being craved her to make the first move. It was against his personal philosophy to be unnecessarily violent. Too much wasted effort. Still, just the right slip... his internal struggle was likely obvious to a Force User's senses. Perhaps it could even be perceived as weakness by a Sith or a moment of advantage for a Jedi. A window of opportunity either way, but despite his internal wrestling, his fury rested on a hair trigger that need only be touched.

"It's not crude. It is a generalization because the facts are there to support it. Please spare me the argument of there being any kind of righteousness in your use of the hatred behind your dedication to the dark side. When has it ever been about peace? When has it ever been used for the protection of innocents? Never. It is a tool for destruction and pain. You can call yourself whatever you want, but in the end, you're all the same. Power hungry, arrogant, hateful monsters."

She watched as Ash stood. Aggression? A darksider is accusing me of aggression? When his entire connection to the Force is based off of such feelings? "You make me sick."

[member="Ash Valente"]

Ronan Nakasla

R
Insolent child... Ash sighed mentally.

Really, was the benevolent self-righteous speech truly necessary? He glanced down at her, and he could feel the hatred she spoke of. However, it was not from him. It wasn't even from the living Force he drew on so readily. It was from her. She held such disdain for what manner in which he used the Force that she was allowing such feelings to come over her instead. Despite his better judgement, he stepped and turned to face her. His eyes flicked up and down her form appraisingly, and his mouth quirked with a mild amusement he couldn't fully contain.

"I make you sick?" he probed, "The girl who is preaching self-righteousness and benevolence is getting so hateful over me, and here I was minding my own business." he let his words squirm inside her for a moment.

There was no Force behind it. He was no mentalist -- he was unable to even perform a simple Mind Trick -- so any feelings she had over that were her own. Was the Dark Side infectious? It could be. Under someone else's control, or in a natural nexus. However, Sigma was no unruly bloodletter who let his presence wash over others. His feeling was of being, not of imposing. For her to be infected by his alignment would require her to feed off it in some regard or to be incredibly weak-minded.

"Perhaps you should reconsider your convictions," Valente added at the end, "Before you succumb to hypocrisy." he finished, and scooped a shot glass from the tray of a passing waitress and knocked the alcohol down his throat. He took a moment to pay for his drink while whatever emotions ran through his conversation partner.

Sorry for the delay. A lot of threads going on.

Looking directly into the eyes of the man she raised her hand, pointing directly at him as if she were a judge and jury, condemning the man for merely existing and serving the dark side. She was a zealot of the light, and no amount of coercing would change that fact. Those who stood on the side of the darkness would never understand that it was simply evil. The crimes committed in the name of power, knowledge, and self-betterment were nothing but lies made to justify the end goals of those who walked that path. She would have none of it.

"I've nothing to reconsider. You speak as if you have nothing to defend. Your very draw from the Force is from hatred, anger, and passion. No, I'm not getting hateful over you. I am appalled that you would stand there when confronted and attempt to play me like the Jedi are some self-righteous egomaniacs when we've nothing to do with the horrid acts of violence carried out by followers of the dark side."

Her voice lowered in tone and volume as she completed her speech. "You will come with me to face trial by the Republic, and the Order."

[member="Ash Valente"]

Ronan Nakasla

R
That was his limit. Did he strike out? In a way, though it was likely in a way that was less expected than what could have been. He laughed.

"Go with you? Girl, I have no interest in any trial designed for the animals I'm sure you corral regularly." he retorted, his tone somewhere between sarcasm and sincerity. Mocking? Not quite. "At least you're observant enough to know what accusations are being thrown at you. Some are blinded by what they think is right all they hear is 'Blah blah Darkside blah, onetwothreekill'." really, that statement to go with her put him in a great mood. Maybe it was the alcohol.

No matter.

"Anyway, unless you're in the mood to prove me right about your anger and aggression issues and decide to do something violent, I believe I've had enough of this place." he said, as he took a parting step and slid away, "Good evening, miss Jedi."

Does he take me for some child that he can simply brush aside, scoff at, and continue on his merry way?

"You will come with me. I needn't use violence to force you."

Her left hand stretched outwards towards the exiting dark jedi. Eyes closing for only a moment while she concentrated on his body. Tendrils of Force energy would radiate through her and outwards towards him as she concentrated on the task at hand. Invisible hands that, through the Force, would attempt to Grip him and restrain his intended exit.

"I needn't hurt you, if you simply yield."

[member="Ash Valente"]

Ronan Nakasla

R
[OOC: Sorry for the delay. Life came up.]

Ash frowned. This was clearly a novice, and she thought she could restrain him? In truth, if he were a willing captive, it would be enough of a... gentle... touch to make her fell secure, but as it stood now? He waved his hand at her advances and countered her telekinetic tendrils with a barrier that pushed back at her power and left him unmolested.

"Don't do that." he said curtly.

This Twi'lek Jedi was beginning to become annoying. He knew, somewhere, that she meant well enough in her own delusions. The problem was that he didn't care her reasons. He was not going to be hauled off for some kind of inquisition. If she didn't back off, he'd have to bring her to yield.

[OOC: If you don't want to continue this, fair enough. Otherwise, let's continue.]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom