Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ideas/Feedback/Suggestions

"I have a few ideas, but those ideas seem like they would be improbable... I'd like for his race to have traces of a draconic ancestor, nothing that would give him extra abilities save perhaps for a higher tolerance for hot temperatures and a sensitivity to colder temperatures, mostly for physical characteristics that would make him stand out. In certain lighting, he would appear to have scales on his temples extending from the outside corners of his eyes and disappearing into his scalp, along with the back of his neck. His eyes would also have vertical slits in them, and (possibly) the ability to change color depending on his mood. He would also have a sensitivity to light, as they would be a species that would have recently emerged from underground after having lived in caves near active volcanoes for hundreds of generations.

The issues I'm having with this, mostly, is placing this species on a planet to call their homeworld. There would need to be volcanoes and a lot of untouched wilderness. There is the option to have a sort of myth surrounding his people, like they snatch children or are a precursor to bad things happening to you/your loved ones. It would add an interesting racial tension for those who knew of his species. The other more obvious issue is having him share an ancestor (albeit way, way in the past) with a dragon. I know that most dragon or dragon-like species are forbidden on this site for playing, so I don't really know if that's a stipulation extending to species sharing a very distant relative and taking a more humanoid evolution."

This is a direct quote from my brainstorming thread, which I've now realized I've posted in the wrong place for the assistance I'm looking for... DX My bad, y'all.

Not necessarily; it could have been a very gradual change over a long period of time, kinda like how people don't look like chimpanzees despite having a common ancestor. Does that make sense?
[member="Fatty"]

There is a fine difference between a gradual between an ape turning into another ape-like creature, than there is between a dinosaur and a humanoid.

Additionally, "dragons" in canon, at least in the recognizably reptilian sense, are most usually semi-sentient... so really smart animals.

Your ancestors would be "gradually" committing to beastiality.

Why not just make a humanoid species that has draconian characteristics. It doesn't have to be complicated and genealogically explained. You could even make a belief of this species being that they are related to some mythical beast of the past, perhaps even on a personal level. One's name deriving from what they perceive their "dragon" to have been.

If ya catch my drift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom