Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech ID: DLL-28 Anti-Tank Guided Missile

Status
Not open for further replies.
lmm_missile_zpsklplu3kp.jpg

Image Source: http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/contract-kicks-off-production-for-thales-small-lmmfasgw-l-missiles-06829/

Intent: To develop an anti-tank guided missile that counteracts hostile anti-missile technology and countermeasures.

Development Thread: If Necessary

Manufacturer: The Galactic Republic

Model: DLL-28

Affiliation: Military Use

Production: Mass Produced

Material: Alusteel, Circuitry [Gold, Platinum]

Classification: Missile

Size: Man-Sized (like a safe)

Length: 1.4 meter

Weight: 23.5 kg

Ammunition Type: Anti-Tank Guided Missile

Ammunition Capacity: 1

Effective Range: 3,500 meters

Rate of Fire: 1 per launching tube

Special Features: Dummy Led Launch

Description:

=The DLL-28 (Dummy-Led Launch) is a dual-stage anti-armor guided missile system. One missile is capable of penetrating stock armor installed on an All-Terrain Assault-Transport, though as most armor is later modified by the buyer, 2 missiles are more commonly used.

=The fire pattern of the DLL-28 ATGM consists of primary lock-on to the target hostile, followed by a dummy round fired forward of the missile.

=This system is used to fool hostile targets into initiating countermeasures before the live missile is fired, so munitions are not wasted or target acquisition lost.

=After hostile countermeasures have dispersed and acquisition is once more possible, the lock-on is reattained and the queued missiles reorient toward their target.

=The missiles strike areas of the enemy vehicle where the armor is weakest. Strikes against the top sections of hostile vehicle armor are most common. Scanning systems installed with the weapons themselves into their host vehicle allows for this area on the hostile vehicle to be determined before firing the dummy munition.
=The DLL-28 Missile is primarily a projectile weapons, and as such is not hindered by energy shields, only particle shields.

=These munitions travel with enough speed to puncture many types of stock deflector shields and armor plate, using a primary explosive forward of the main charge. With stock shielding systems, the shield is weakened enough to allow the main charge to strike the armor of the vehicle.

=Considering common modifications to defense systems, multiple rockets and missiles are often necessary to destroy or disable a single target vehicle.
Primary Source: N/A

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
<p>RESEARCH REVIEW<br /> <br />Star Wars Canon:<br />Pending initial review<br /> <br />Starwars Chaos: <br />Pending initial review<br /> <br />WITHOUT DEV THREADS<br />Pending initial review<br /><br />WITH DEV THREADS<br />Pending Initial review<br /><br />SUGGESTIONS<br />Pending Inital review</p>

[member="Ali Hadrix"]

So far, this submission appears fairly strait forward, and I'm loving the "dummy round" idea. Very clever.

The damage potential and sophistication of the weapon are not overly advanced compared to conventional missile systems and I see no reason to request a development thread.

Though I do feel compelled to clarify the intended platform for these missiles...
They are to be used from emplaced turrets, vehicles, and gunships/starfighters? Correct? Not shoulder-launch systems?

Currently they will be applied to ground vehicles and aircraft (spatial and atmospheric). Would I be required to produce anything extra to make them useable for personnel?

[member=War Hydra]

[member="Ali Hadrix"]

I'm so sorry! I missed your post somehow.

As far as the use of these things... these are 1.4 meter long missiles. That's fine for a vehicle or an aircraft, but that's just way too huge for a shoulder-mounted weapon.
Well... ok, the javelin missile is 1.1 meters long, weighs around 50lb, and costs 240,000 US dollars. Kiiiiiiinda plausible to make a shoulder-mounted launcher system for this...

But... that's a very big, very powerful toy for an infantryman to be hauling around.

As a vehicle grade missile? I can approve this without edits.

But if you want to do a shoulder-mounted launcher for these missiles, you'll probably need 10-20 posts of dev behind it. (the launcher, not the missile)

It's simple... but it's big. And makes a lot of boom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom