Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ICU Helmet Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
ICU Helmet Sensor

halo_reach_eod_with_cnm_by_hyperballistik-d4dg4qc.jpg

Image source: Bungie Studios, Ghost Recon Future Soldier
Intent: To create a cool and helpful gadget for the operator on the frontlines or in espionage.
Development Thread: NA
Model: ILF-5000 Lifeform Scanner
Affiliation: Red Ravens/Open Market
Manufacturer: Red Ravens, Stargo Defense Enterprises
Modularity: No
Production: Mass
Material: Copper wiring, durasteel, ILF-5000 Life solar battery, energy storage unit, reinforced miniature antenna. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/ILF-5000_Life_Form_Scanner
Special features:
•Can connect to your HUD

Description:

Adding more products to Stargo Defense Enterprises Augmented Warfighter line, a large groundbreaking idea was formed and brought into reality through the perspiration of a few engineers. The thought of seeing people through walls has always been a trick of force users, to be able to sense and use their space magic to know where their opponent is. Well the none force users of the galaxy are upgrading through the power of technology. In comes the cleverly named ICU helmet sensor. This beauty of a product is a simple re-skin of the more commonly know ILF-5000 Life Form Scanner, but with a few added flavors.

How it works is very simple. Attach the sensor to your helmet of choice and link it to your HUD, once that is done you can toggle it on or off at any time. Using the life sensor it scans ahead of you and targets life forms. Once the life forms are picked up by the scanner it reconfigures the imagery Into your HUD to create a form of vision as seen bellow.

GRFS_SP__2012-04-24_Breach_magnetic.jpg

This illuminates organic targets in a room beyond walls and has range of about forty meters. This means that you can see your enemy and track them with ease. But this does let you see targets behind walls, it does not let you see the interior of the room. You can only see the highlighted life forms. This also can not see non organic targets such as droids.

The scanner sends out out pulses that pick up organic materials such as flesh and bones, it furthermore helps this process by picking up heartbeats and pulses in what it senses and returns to the scanner much like a radar. However there is a way around this, stealth suits that have defense against scanners will find that this product does not pick up targets such as these. Once the sensor has picked up the target and painted it's size and shape the CPU inside of it looks through it's saved knowledge of alien life forms and identifies the species. However some life forms that have not been discovered will not register in terms of identification. Another way to counter the radar is to cover ones self in material such as mud, or dive into water where the sensor will not pick up the target. Water disrupts it's pulse

And while it is an amazing product Jammers can cause this device to become hazy and even stop working until the jammer is destroyed or out of range. Weapons such as EMPs and ion blasts will also fry the wiring and leave it useless.

2012-07-09_00002-400x225.jpg

However all and all this is a great tool for everyone from bounty hunters to soldiers. It will perform well and is compatible with most Heads Up Display systems. It will illuminate life forms and allow you to see them beyond walls and other various forms of cover. But be warned that this will not show droids, or the interior of the room beyond.

[member="Patricia Susan Garter"] - First thing is first before I get to ANY other points.. How does this life sensor work? The Force? Nanoprobes? Infrared? Echolocation. That needs to be decided first, no handwavium now! ;)

[member="Patricia Susan Garter"] - After consulting with some others, i'm still going to ask you cement in the description how the canon item works. As it stands there are some major potentials for abuse with this and i've decided to come down a little less leniently because of that. You don't detail how it works. That needs to be fixed. Please do this and tag me when you have and we will proceed.

[member="Patricia Susan Garter"] - Your 'canon item' is barely a stub. This submission does not allow any effective counters or ways to evade it. Either detail as requested, or it is denied. Thank you.

[member="Patricia Susan Garter"] - While I realize this is a canon based tech, I am not comfortable with seeing through walls for 400 meters. Please drop the range to a max of 40 meters, and i'd like to see it noted that you're not basically gaining x-ray vision (as I do not believe nor see justification for it in the canon stub you linked) and notate that you see a blip/indicator of a lifeform and what kind it is. Those are my final edits.

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
[member="Ijaat Akun"]

I would like you to note these canon examples of sensors with a higher range than 40 meters, and there are some like the Heat Sensor with a range of one hundred meters despite it being 75% lighter than the one listed above. I would like to compel you based on canon sources that this should have a range of at least one hundred meters if not two hundred, however I am willing to settle for a hundred. I have provided canon sources and limiting this to forty meters would make it a waste when other writers could simply pick up and use these and abuse them without having to submit a tech submission. This has clear limits and weaknesses while the others do not. I do not plan to abuse this and I also plan on watching the people who do use it as to make sure it is not abused. Thank you and I hope you acknowledge this request for it's validity

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/PX-7_Heat_Sensor

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/8932/D_Sensor_Pack

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/9320/B_sensor_pack

[member="Patricia Susan Garter"] - The existence of the canon tech is not the same type of tech as you are using, nor as powerful in terms of reach, scope or ability. Nor does it set a precedence for what you are asking in any of those terms. Your limit is 40 meters.

Further argumentation and attempts to 'compel' will result in denial of sub, which you can then of course second chance if you so chose, but I have consulted with a fair number of people on and off Chaos(and when on, both fellow FJ's and others from multiple factions), familiar with sci-fi and IRL tech similar to this and this is my ruling as FJ. Your choice how to proceed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom