Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ice Lightsaber Crystal

So, just out of curiosity because my knowledge of the star wars universe is almost zip and on the Wookiepedia there are so many kinds of lightsaber crystals i couldn't read through all of them. My eyes are burning man i really tried.

But, at any rate. I was just wanting to know if there was something like a Ice Lightsaber Crystal. Ya know, basically a light saber that can freeze crap.

Which is pretty silly considering lightsabers are designed to...'MELT' through everything it touched. I dunno, thought it might be a neat idea given the nature of the character. If nothing like that exist OR it does exist but is completely ridiculous i will probably just take my silly ideas elsewhere lol.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Winter Sovereign "]- There were some crystals in Star Wars Galaxies that made sabres do cold damage. Around here they don't get much traction. But in theory you could make something that uses a sabre's containment field to hold something very very cold. It wouldn't cut, but it could freeze things real nice.

I was looking at a Permafrost crystal. It was the first one i found...though its effects are different from what i'm looking for. Despite its name it actually does not do that at all xD

[member="Alec Rekali"] So how would one put this theory to practice? =0

@Winter Sovereign

Winter Sovereign said:
So how would one put this theory to practice? =0
It's just a matter of maintaining a field around zero kelvin generator...or something. I'm sure that could work...with a 100 dev post thread...

Pontite was the rarest and most powerful type of Adegan crystal. Nearly impossible to find, it resonated with a powerful aura that cooled both skin and tempers.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Baas%27_Wisdom

That's all I could find.

Jack Mirrikh said:
@Winter Sovereign

It's just a matter of maintaining a field around zero kelvin generator...or something. I'm sure that could work...with a 100 dev post thread...

Pontite was the rarest and most powerful type of Adegan crystal. Nearly impossible to find, it resonated with a powerful aura that cooled both skin and tempers.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Baas%27_Wisdom

That's all I could find.
I'd be willing to do such a dev thread. But i wanna be SURE it works. I don't want to go through all that work just for it to be dismissed for the same reason it was in the first place. x_x

There any like...factory judges or admins who can give me the go ahead or something so i dont end up wasting time.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
I've made crystals for all sorts of stuff. But the primary means of doing that here is through effort! Dev threads, usually involving either alchemy, alcahest, Art of the Small or crystallurgy. With a little (perhaps a substantial) bit of effort, you can make just about any kind of crystal within reason.

Edit: In fact, if I should make some kind of return to Chaos, I would be more than happy to help you with this because it's something I have a mutual interest in.
[member=Winter Sovereign]

Cheshire said:
I've made crystals for all sorts of stuff. But the primary means of doing that here is through effort! Dev threads, usually involving either alchemy, alcahest, Art of the Small or crystallurgy. With a little (perhaps a substantial) bit of effort, you can make just about any kind of crystal within reason.

Edit: In fact, if I should make some kind of return to Chaos, I would be more than happy to help you with this because it's something I have a mutual interest in.
That would be pretty cool. Cheers ^^

Jack Mirrikh said:
Zero degrees kelvin is literally zero movement of any molecules/atoms/subatomic particles/etc within a given space. It means no heat, at all, and that would require everything it comes in contact with to have the same state of being (0 K), which frankly isn't possible.

In any case, here's our list of recognized (and otherwise) canon lightsaber crystals. I'm not sure how successful you'll be with making your own crystal to make a lightsaber which imparts cooling rather than burning, but you are welcome to put your thoughts together and try.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
I will be a rebel and to show it can be done, in good faith, make one, which I'll make freely available for you to have should you change your mind. ^^

As crazy as it sounds... you don't have to take away one aspect to add another. :p

[member="Bianca"]

Haha! I know, but Star Wars. If we are able to nearly reach Zero Kelvin in real life, I'm sure Star Wars could space magic it. But, it is ironic that we humans are trying to use energy to create an absence of energy. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom