Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Ianua Daggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
d945b602ffa21d1905fc4df3639147db.jpg
flawed-diamond.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Lunara Azure
  • Affiliation: Closed-Market (Any character can use this if they have explicit permission through, for example, a marketplace purchase)
  • Model: Ianua Daggers
  • Modularity: No

• Production: Semi-Unique (Maximum of 10 characters)
  • Material: Songsteel, Greel Wood, Diamond
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Dagger
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Average
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Alchemized
  • Linked
  • Enables the user to utilise fold space.
  • Diamond can be inset into a ring or piercing.
Strengths:
  • Alchemized Blade: As an alchemized blade the Ianua Daggers are capable of blocking lightsabers or other attacks if you can catch them on the blade itself.
  • Fold Space: The blades are infused with the ability to allow their wielder to use Fold Space, whether they are capable of that power by themselves or not.
  • You're coming with me: The User can choose to teleport just the dagger or diamond, or whatever they are attached to or have sunk into.
  • Linked: The Diamond and the Dagger are linked through the force.
  • Fabulous: Both Diamond and Dagger look great.
  • Songsteel: Naturally very light and resistant the metal is even tougher while now heavier, enough to be a solid and usable blade.
  • Perfectly balanced: THe blade is cut and shaped to have a perfect balance for throwing, hardly surprising in a throwing dagger.
  • Mono-Molecular Edge: With an edge sharpened down to a single molecule this blade can cut like a hot knife through butter.
Weaknesses:
  • A-B, B-A: The Dagger only allows teleportation in two directions, from the dagger to the diamond, or from the diamond to the dagger.
  • Limited Range: The dagger's ability to teleport only has a range of 500m, if the dagger and diamond are separated by a greater distance the teleportation will not work.
  • No Force: The presence of a Yasalimir or Voidstone can disrupt the force, preventing the user from using teleportation and stripping the weapon of it's alchemized resistances, and weight.
  • I can't see you: Because the teleportation is a linear teleport between two points you can only hope that the diamond or the dagger have not been placed in something like a pit of lava or thrown into space.
  • Force Only: The daggers can only be used by force wielders, drawing on their power in the force to use Fold Space. Repeated use of the ability can leave the user drained and exhausted.
DESCRIPTION

Teleportation, the ability to dash around, to appear where no-one ever thought you were able to show up or to escape from a situation is one of the most useful, one of the most powerful, abilities in the force. So what to do if you weren't a High-Level Master? This was the question that Lunara was forced to consider when she sat down to work. How to give those who weren't ready to use it access to that ability.

In the end, she settled on a throwing dagger paired with a gemstone, giving them the ability to attract one another through the force. While not the full power of teleportation, it was enough to get you into or out of trouble. You could throw the dagger then jump to it, or call it back to you. just that linear motion opened up a number of possibilities for a clever user to outsmart and outfight an opponent.

[member="Lunara Azure"], So you and I need to have a talk. lol

Teleportation is rarely used on the site due to giving people the ability to "LOL Nope" out of pretty much any situation. So here is what we can do.

Weaknesses can be added with Teleporting to the wrong location. If the Diamond were inside a lava flow, and you were to teleport to it, Then you would be teleporting into a Lava flow. This is a HUGE weakness that you seemed to have left out.

Secondary to this, 1km in length for teleporting is very powerful. Even by Star wars Standards where it was 4 meters to just about anywhere the person could see. What I recommend is to replace the use of Teleport with "Fold Space". this power specifically states it was used for people, or objects. And because Its not the person that is teleporting, but the dagger, Fold space matches more closely to it.

Now, the one problem I could potentially have with this dagger, is that it allows Anyone. Force user or not, to teleport. In the past, many items have been nerfed to only be able to use the force if it was using the energy of the force user that happened to wield it. Since I know that this is only a stepping stone that you have, Then I highly recommend going this route for now, and later working up to something that can do this to the fullest extent.

I know you. I trust you to use these daggers wisely and with reason. However, As you mention that these are Semi-Unique, I don't know who else would get these, or later down the line, come and grab one and abuse its power. For that alone, I recommend that either this be put to Unique, and keep the ability to be potentially used by anyone, or have it to where only force users can use this weapon, as it draws the power from the force user themselves.

[member="Auberon"]

*takes notes*

This is my first attempt at anything major when it comes to Alchemy so any and all advice you can give would be hugely appreciated.

I've adjusted the force power to fold space. Would this still let me throw a dagger and then fold to where it lands?

I've also added the weakness about not knowing where you end up since it's blind movement, and restricting it's use to force users only.

Do you think it'd be a good idea to reduce the range as well? I chose 1km since it's a nice round number but I'd happily cut that in half.

Lunara Azure said:
I've adjusted the force power to fold space. Would this still let me throw a dagger and then fold to where it lands?
Fold space matters not the distance, or the item as far as I am aware. In the comics and the resources it came from, the person was right next to the object. However, Instead of teleportation away from you, it would be teleportation towards you. Same process, different avenue.

Lunara Azure said:
Do you think it'd be a good idea to reduce the range as well? I chose 1km since it's a nice round number but I'd happily cut that in half.
, Up to you on this. However, it would look good on you to reduce it.

[member="Lunara Azure"],

[member="Lunara Azure"],

As I said before, Teleportation or Folding Space is a powerful ability that can very easily be abused. Should this get reported, It will be looked into again.

Enjoy the daggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom