Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I would like to work, but don't expect me to roll over. (Jack Harkness)

Vulps

CEO of Verres Trading
Zarro paced behind @[member="Jack Harkness"]' door. His new commission as the Amaran senator brought him great pride, but it also seemed to bring upon a sense of responsibility unlike any other. His race was known for it's care free attitude (by those who had even heard of them that is), and as such the last senator had treated his job with very little vigilance. He had done his job of course, but Zarro Verres was a proud merchant, and that pride carried into his new job.

Ruurrri be with him, he would make Amar known and he would put them on the map. But to do so, he needed to work harder to get his voice heard. Upon hearing the need to be on a committee, Zarro quickly prepared himself and came to the Chancellors office to receive his new duties and figure out where he could be of service.

His ear flicked, moving his hat just a bit. Of course he was nervous, this was the grand chancellor of course, but being a first class trader had taught him never to let such things show in front of those you were talking to. That being said, the Amaran mentally prepared himself and knocked on the door. He was still unfamiliar with the customs of Coruscant, so it would be best not to enter without warning. Beside's, you could tell quite a bit from a person's welcome into their space.

Jack Sheltrak

Senator of Zeltros, Former Supreme Chancellor
@[member="Zarro Verres"]

Jack Harkness poured over the datapad, news of Valan, some stuff on the works at Nar Shadda, progress reports for senate repairs, bills and best of all the few meetings he was in need to have. With the vote to give pardons to potential allies they had falsely labeled well it had done plenty. Now he had a meeting with Senator Verres, someone he admittedly had not met personally or done much with. He didn't know many of the other senators besides Yusan and Hanna. That was something he had been looking to change and now he had the chance. Given how many seemed to be in need of more to do to help their people but there was no over sight. He would have to rectify that with a little creative working around. He had the list of positions that had been filled and the list of
  • Yusan Fenn is Vice Chancellor of the Republic and the keeper of order within the senate chambers.
  • Hanna Vondiranach is the head of state and third in command of the Republic
  • Gaminara Bennet will be leading the Ethics committee
  • Alena Beswin shall be in charge of the Military oversight committe and is in charge of getting the funding
  • Jack Sparrow will be in charge of the Penal Oversight committee his unique perspective will help make sure our prisons and detention area's are better then ever
  • Chi Chuchi is in charge of the relations between the three branches of the Republic. Senate, jedi and the military. Her skills are well known and we wish her luck.
  • http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Galactic_Senate_organizations
He heard the news that his latest appointment was here and gave a nod of his head at that. He stood up from the seat after it spun around to the large window and sight of the Republic recruitment banners. Nice and large for everyone to see, he looked down at his desk and straightened his collar. These garments they provided for office and station were not known for comfort. A good way to keep you on your toes he guessed. "Alright send him in and offer some water. Too early for liquor.

Vulps

CEO of Verres Trading
Zarro found he had little time to wait before he was let in. The offer of water was also welcome and he accepted the offer as he moved to meet the chancellor. "Salutations. I believe that I was to be placed in a committee, and that you were the one for me to see Chancellor Harkness." His voice held a slight growl due to his canine origins but he was otherwise kind and polite. After all, he had no problems with the man who was by far his senior in office.

His tail flicked as he took a small glance around the room. It was nice, but there was no way he could be cooped up in such a place with only his work to keep him company. "If you don't mind me asking, have you already decided where to put me, or do I need to go over a list of strengths to help with the decision." Time was money, and as a trader he had learned to get to the point, making it easier to go from one trade to the next. Sure it may not be the best tactic should he get himself into political games, but he was sure that the chancellor had work to attend to so it would be best for both parties to keep this short and to the point. @[member="Jack Harkness"]

Jack Sheltrak

@[member="Zarro Verres"]

Harkness looked at him as he entered and gave a smirk. The man... ah canine senator had come and was well known for not being that known. Something that could be quite a sight he had to admit. He didn't know much more about him but the position of being on a committee with some power but not as much. The senate was reshaping in the aftermath and that was what was needed same with showing they weren't going to hide their heads in the dirt. "Your strengths and skills wouldn't be a bad resume but this is also for something you would like to do. In truth I would love for you to over see our inter species relations, the majority of senators are human and have human centric views. It can muddle thinking about others."

Vulps

CEO of Verres Trading
As Zarro watched @[member="Jack Harkness"] prepare to speak, he searched for any clue he might have to his thoughts. And the ideas he thought he had found were cemented when the Chancellor spoke about the lack of knowledge over the Amaran. Of course, he couldn't hold such a thing against him. It was only natural, besides, there had been some meetings where his business partners had asked if he needed to sniff their rear ends as a greeting. Thank the stars those days as a traveling merchant were over.

"Well, I was born and raised by Amarans, which are a predominantly mercantile race. Due to this, I must say that one of my greatest strengths is my ability to work with trades of most any kind, including money of course. I also have a contact within the jedi, him being my son who I trained for the first fifteenth years of his life, being force sensitive myself." Of course, should Harkness look for an Amaran Jedi within the order, he would be unable to find the spoken child since it was a human that the old fox had raised from birth. As a matter of fact, it was because of Vulpesen that Zarro had taken a greater interest in politics.

Of course, despite his strengths in economy, he had learned to read through the minds of other people discerning their motivations and the like. "As for inter species relations, I believe that would suit me just fine. I've been to many cultures that would send even experienced diplomats into confusion." After he said it, Zarro admitted to himself that it may have sounded boastful, but he was a proud merchant. And he would prefer to carry his prestige and pride into this new job, where it was permitted and beneficial. This job may not have been expected, but it was something he could do, and do without going insane.

Jack Sheltrak

Harkness looked at him and gave a nod of approval while he looked the man in the eyes. There was plenty to still do and more then enough time for games but first politics. "Then you are the right one for the job, our first and foremost agenda needs to be working with the people of Valan a nearly discovered planet. I have met them, the jedi have met them and helped work towards protecting them but there is still we do not know and their system is not massive just a place that others might seek to exploit. We need to protect them from others and even our own more enthusiastic businesses. THink your up for the job?"

Vulps

CEO of Verres Trading
Zarro smiled and nodded his head. "Of course. Simply tell me what I need to do and I shall be on my way." It was a name he hadn't heard before, but that just meant that he was now being offered an importunity to learn something new. "I believe it would be wise to start off with what we know of the beings of Valen as a whole." Zaro had learned not to put all of his beliefs in stereotyped, but such things did tend to stem from the truth and such truths were more likely to be happened upon when on the home planet of the subject species. @[member="Jack Harkness"]

Jack Sheltrak

@[member="Zarro Verres"]

Harkness looked at the senator as he spoke. "We know very little, their system was found by cartographers scouting new routes and that is how they came to be known to the galaxy. Their world is rich in cortosis ore and a prime location for isotope five a rare substance. Every major player in the galaxy has went there to stake a claim and it is bringing war to their surface, fire to their skies while fleets fight. We need to ensure our relations with them remain on good terms and early reports are good. They are friendly to us and very much enjoying our peaceful approach. Which is why I am sending someone who will have their best interests in mind, they are not primitive but they are not warriors. They are peaceful and I want to make sure they can stay that way."

Vulps

CEO of Verres Trading
Zarro nodded in agreement. "Very well. Is there anything in particular you would like for me to say, or shall I simply keep it at respect and the readiness to aid?" Verres did enjoy the details. After all, details are what made the difference between using a contract to get 5,000 credits, and a contract to receive 500 credits. There were some things that you just couldn't take out of an old Amaran trader. @[member="Jack Harkness"]

Jack Sheltrak

@[member="Zarro Verres"]

"Just keep the reassured, we have been working to get the Empire and other groups away from the planet and not disrupt their way of like too much. We also don't want them to think we are just there for their natural resources, try not to make to many mentions of the cortosis stockpiles they have and we should be good. They do have some great food and culture as well, I myself took in the sights for awhile when I was there."

Vulps

CEO of Verres Trading
Zarro smiled and nodded in understanding. "Very well Chancellor Harkness. I'll be taking my leave as soon as possible." He hadn't been a senator for very long and yet he was already on what seemed to be a fairly important diplomatic mission. "As for the food and culture, I will look forward to those aspects of my trip." Zarro's tail gave a small flick as he spoke the the senator and brought his questions to a close. "Is there anything else you wish to discuss?" @[member="Jack Harkness"]

Jack Sheltrak

@[member="Zarro Verres"]

Harkness looked at him and gave a shake of his head. "No there is nothing else, all and all really we have done more then I thought we would which is always good business. Go and enjoy the rest of the day and have fun. Senator Verres." Harkness held out his hand as he gave a nod and looked at the mans eyes offering a grin.

Vulps

CEO of Verres Trading
Zarro smiled at Jack's choice of words. Being an Amaran, "fun" was a natural goal in his life, even at his age. He took the Chancellors hand and gave it a small shake before bowing his head down a bit. "May the stars be with you Chancellor Harkness." With those words, he turned around and began towards the exit. He was a proud fox, a rich fox, and a wise fox. And now, he was going to become a rather busy fox.

@[member="Jack Harkness"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom