Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I see with my little eye [Asha]

His mind quiet now as the truth was revealed to him Sargon began the short trip back to his own ship to leave his heart heavy at some of the things he'd learned inside. The truth wasn't always a pleasant thing, but it was something every person had to face. He'd known his brother was a monster, and he'd allowed him to live and thrive as such, it had been a mistake. Distracted he almost missed the presence behind him as he stepped off the ramp onto the ground below. Stopping he turned towards her the curious mind from inside, as she stood just outside the door of her father's ship, and Sargon couldn't help but smile at her.

Reaching out with his mind again he brushed against her simply letting his mind sit there against hers for her to test, to probe at. Giving her a soft smile he spoke after a moment. "You are interesting, your curios mind will bring you places even I have not seen I imagine, and I see much." Closing his eyes he slowly melded into her mind, or rather allowed her to meld into his. It was an offer to see through his eyes, but the choice to was hers. One he was honestly sure she'd take.

With a breath he let go of himself giving into the gentle breeze of the living Force around him the area around them becoming crisper and more vivid then ever before. Flowing through it he traveled over the ground the signs of life like bright spots under the ground as insects merged with one another. Slowly he moved back then away from the world and onto something greater. He showed her what was like to let the Force flow through him, to bring him above the world itself and into the depths of space.

Here his mind found no silence though, the void was far from empty to the Zabrak as the life of each planet from the smallest to the greatest sung a song that echoed along the winds. The darkness and light played there, an intricate dance that ebbed in and out with each movement. Like a ballet of color it moved with the songs, a whole unified entity that moved the galaxy as a whole to it's purpose. It was there his awareness simply floated as it was guided by the Force, it was there he contemplated all things in the beauty of the galaxy's life.

[member="Asha Hex"]

Things were changing, she could taste it on the air. Asha had learned long ago to watch for the signs, her life had been tumultuous in many regards; leaping from one thing to the next. Her mind drifted to the fiery woman for a second, then to the Zabrak. What a strange series of events. First she went to check in on her Father, to make sure that he was okay, but she could sense the stranger leaving and curiosity bade her to follow.

Stalking through the ship, Asha pulled a short cloak from the back of her door as she passed it by and settled it over her shoulders. It was no robe, it simply ran along her back, though it kept her warmer than she would be without it. Asha did not believe in robes. They weighed you down. Korriban was a fiercely cold planet, it emanated the Darkside even now, even with the Sanctum's attempts. Or maybe it was she who was locking onto that fact, her open mind viewing the world for what it was, for what it had always been. It wasn't easy to alter such a world overnight.

She stopped atop the ramp. Her eyes followed after him, but her body went no further; for now she merely observed.

And as he turned toward her, and slowed in his journey away from the ship, the girl slide down the frame of the door and sat upon the durasteel ground. He smiled, he seemed to do a lot of that, but even without it she could tell he was glad she had followed after him. Tilting her head to one side, she felt his presence brush against her mind again though it pushed no further. Asha was no mentalist, but she had used her mind for all manner of things not typically associated with the art. She knew how to press the Force, and press she did. Her actions were gentle though, curiosity goading her on.

Her mind slipped against his, prodding softly. He smiled even as she did this.

The man spoke though she did not see the necessity in responding. Instead she felt an awakening within her mind, the same she had felt upon first laying her eyes on the man, and she pushed a little firmer until their minds melded as one. Asha craved a continuation of her earlier visions, the song of the Universe was beautiful, and the vibrancy of it only affirmed her own views of the Force.

She watched as it all flashed before her, from the infinite to the sorely finite; the smallest of creatures, to the vastest void of space. And there it was again, the slightly lilting song beneath it all, humming its way across the eons. She had never noticed it before, perhaps this was simply his way of interpreting the Universe, the Force, but it was beautiful.

[member="Sargon Vynea"]

As he released the Force he considered the girl as she sat there the cold biting at them both, this was not the time or place for this. Motioning for her to follow him he walked towards his speeder pausing just a moment to open the door for her before getting in himself. His own ship wasn't too far, so he let his mind be occupied by the happenings of the night, it wasn't what he'd expected even knowing Arthos. He brought them back to his almost on auto pilot as he considered the paths before him, there was much to do, but he had the time to do it at least. He didn't think of the girl besides him now though, he thought of the other girl. Teaching someone of the Force brought him joy, and a curious mind just made him want to impart more. The other girl he felt responsible for, he hadn't allowed it, or even in truth thought it possible of his own blood. He'd been wrong, very wrong, and this left him a deep responsibility to help her find healing, in truth a desire to help her find healing.

As he left the speeder though he moved from that thought, it wasn't the time for it now, but the time for a curious mind. Beckoning one more he entered into the heart of his ship, and some of the design changes became apparent quickly. The cargo bay had been sunk down to the speeder's dock and the simple food and water needs. In their place he'd built his meditate area a literal garden with an empty storage bay revamped into a small pond. He hadn't done a bit of the changes himself he knew where his strengths lie and it was not technical expertise. He did however plant the garden on all his and care for it. Soil from a dozen worlds packed together to bring a rich array of green life. "While you are here we will meditate here, you may come in as you like though without me. The tomatoes I believe are rather ripe in fact."

He next brought her through a his combat training area, a large droid[/ur] he used for training purposes sat in the corner the damages obtained healed by its material. A small armory filled one wall nearly every piece of equipment marked by the insignia of the Fringe. "This room you may use at will, but try not to damage the droid beyond repair. He was a gift from a friend who I haven't seen in quite some time."

Finally he brought her to one of the few guest bedrooms on the ship the light was already flickering as an orange and black cat flickered its tail in greetings as he entered the room. "You got a roommate, oh great mouse chaser, so be nice." Petting the cat he began to softly scratch it behind the ears as he looked back at Asha and shrugged. "You ever try to tell a cat where not to sleep? I bought it but she owns it I guess is how this one worked out. Anyway you can bunk here, get some rest, or take the speeder back if you need anything. We leave in the morning, training is no good here, it pulls you too far towards one side. I'll give you the some time to mull over things, nothing holds you here so come and go as you please." With that he gave her the keys to his speeder and left heading towards his own room to think more.

[member="Asha Hex"]

Asha was a little hesitant to follow the stranger. He may have joined their cause, but she still knew very little about him; and she did not know how her Father would react if he stepped outside and found her missing. But there was something she couldn't quite place her finger on, a mystery which surrounded him longing to be discovered. Longing to be unearthed. Or perhaps it was within her.

Her gaze shifted over her shoulder. Jericho was here to work. Asha frequently left to venture on her own, she had been doing since she was a child. This was no different.

With a small frown the girl made her way down toward the open door of the land speeder, and hopped inside. During the journey little was said, though she couldn't blame him for his silence. No doubt the revelations of the day proved to yield heavy burdens.

The speeder came upon a ship and together the pair ascended into its depths, forsaking the repulsorlift vehicle in favour of their feet. What she saw inside brought a gasp from the girl, who blinked in wonderment.

It was as if the ship was alive, carrying its own signature in the Force. Plants grew everywhere, soil of all different colours and variation marking their planters.

He spoke as if theirs was an Apprenticeship, and she wondered just how long she would journey alongside him. In the end she would have to return here, before Jericho left without her. After all, her own ship was not on Korriban.

Well, it was certainly like nowhere she had ever been before. The thought of exploring this ship excited her, but not so much as the realm beyond their own that this stranger - Sargon - had begun to awaken in her mind. She craved for more of it, hungered insatiably.

The girl said nothing as he walked her through the facilities on offer, the room for meditating, the room for training, and then finally her own. A fat cat lay curled upon one of the pillows, though it lifted its head in recognition of their entrance. Low purrs could be heard emanating from within her flank as Sargon petted her.

Oh what it must have been like, to live the life of a beloved cat. Able to lounge, to feast, to bask in the sun or not. To only hunt when you felt like it.

Asha smiled as he mentioned training, curious as to where they would go. As to what she would see. Feel. Experience.

Naturally she did not have everything she might require. Naturally she had to make a return trip to her Father's ship. There she left him a note, explaining the whims of her mind and the necessity of this adventure. She also promised, in said note, to keep her commlink on her person at all times. Though she knew that he trusted her enough that only the greatest of emergencies would goad him into using it.

By nightfall she was back aboard Sargon's ship; her thin cloak lay at the foot of the bunk she had claimed, which the cat itself seemed to have chosen as its own bed. Asha didn't mind, at the very least she would keep the girl's feet warm in the middle of the night.

[member="Sargon Vynea"]

With a deep breath he thought over his considerable problem and had come up with the only solution he could, at least hope to have some kind of chance for the girl. Stopping he sent an encoded message to Jericho telling him Asha was aboard and his own plan. With a deep breath though he emptied it all from him, for now though it was time to train, something he didn't do nearly enough. Moving into his garden he sat himself next to the pond and touched the girl's mind, Come when you can to me, we shall began. Waiting patiently he touched the drew the Force into him letting it sweep through him. He was never really not touching it anymore, something that disturbed him given his new plan for the injured girl, but he owed her that much. He felt it was right though even the Force pushed him towards it, sacrifices must be made in battle, and sometimes in healing he supposed to.

Feeling the girl's presence he opened his eyes, and nodded at her seeing her half through his own eyes, and half through the Force. It had plans for her, he could feel it pulling at her, and he believed she was one who could follow where it lead her. "My name is Sargon Vynea, you know this, but you should know who I am as well before we continue. The who of a person is complicated thing, no? I am a Zabrak that is obvious, and I've declared myself Iridonian. Most of my life however was spent aboard a ship with my own father, a simple merchant who fled from the Sith and remained hidden for many years as we went from planet to planet buying and selling. I am also the Governor of Bakura, it seems if you let people vote they will continue to vote you in even when you take your name off a ballet. I was once the highest ranking military officer in what was the Fringe Confederacy, the home of independence and second chances. I have thought Sith and Jedi, I hold no quarrel with either, though I have fought both as well. A person can only be judged by who they are, and while the creed they swear by should display something of the heart it is not all of it. Many have thought me Jedi like in my time, my acceptance of the Force as a guide and friend is what I believe creates that impression. You should know though, you have seen what I have. There is no light and dark, the Force is a living thing made up of all of it. We are all one, and when we die we join it, it is completed by us, and us it. You may take me for a peaceful man from last night, but that would also be wrong. I started my career out unknowing of the Force or that I could touch it. I was a soldier in the Legion of the Fringe, and I was good at it. If you find something you love enough to die and kill for it, to keep it alive then you have found true purpose. The truer purpose though comes in giving life to such a thing, watching it grow. Nations, ideals, orders, or even just yourself. The limits we set for any of them is only what is in our mind, and in you I see very little limits."

Closing his eyes he let the Force fill him completely as he sat there his physical perceptions fading away before the colors and visions of the Force. Inside his head he spoke this time inside her mind. Look at me through the Force, let it fill or take it as you see fit. You have a place within the Force it will fill natural as you do it, perhaps like your father you are a bit of both sides. The Force does not submit to my will, but as friends we walk together. I cannot so much as even make my own lightsaber, but it shows me secrets I have not yet comprehended still to this day. Still I seek though, and so will you. Your mind has the fire of curiosity, and it will take you down roads you had never imagined possible. I sense something in you I lack though, the wanderlust, the desire to constantly see and hear new things. To touch that which has laid in secret for ages. Our times together will be short, but your bed will remain yours. The first thing you must recognize then is how to find me, touch my presence with the Force, touch it and imprint it. They are all unique you realize? You can shrink your signature but it never truly alters, memorize mine and you can find it across the stars.

[member="Asha Hex"]

"Oh, you are just the fluffiest!"

Asha was sat on the foot of her bed; dawn had broken across Korriban, though the sun did little to heat the air. Sargon's cat, who she had affectionately named Socks - on account of one distinctly white paw - was curled up in her lap purring away. It seemed as though it thoroughly enjoyed her petting.

She settled her head to the cool durasteel wall and closed her eyes. Truth be told she was still tired, but Mrs Fluffbutt here had insisted on waking at the crack of dawn. For a little while Asha had lay there, with her head beneath the blankets, mewing back. But she couldn't escape the urgency of the cat's calls. It turned out all that she wanted was a little affection. That and probably some food, but that wasn't Asha's place.

Alas it could not all be fun and games.

There was no warning when it happened, no sign of him on the edge of her mind, just a simple tremor through the Force which spoke to her on a personal level. He was calling for her, and Asha was intrigued enough to follow that call. The Gardens, she presumed, were where she would find him. "Until later, Fluffbutt" she said, with one last lingering pet of Socks before she set off through the ship.

It did not take her long to find him, though she did take a bit of a wrong turn and end up in a lounge for all of two seconds. It seemed like a decent enough spot, though it was not what they were after.

Her head tilted to one side as he looked upon her, his eyes were slightly glazed over causing one eyebrow to perk in disbelief.

As he spoke she knelt in what she had previously believed to be artificial grass. It wasn't. It was very much real and alive, the soil beneath soaking her trousers at the joint. Regardless she remained in place, chewing on the inside of her cheek while she listened to his musings. To his story.

Nothing was said by her throughout his explanation. Nothing was said afterward either. Instead she allowed a calm silence to spread among the two kindred spirits. It was true, he did seem like a Jedi - she herself had thought him one to begin with, though witnessing what she had through his eyes had made her less certain of that. And now she knew, he was neither. He was an independent soul, entwined with the Force. Perhaps that was for the best. Perhaps that would allow him to join them on their own path of Enlightenment, of Balance and Moderation. Like Father, like Daughter, they were Je'daii through and through.

His mind was once again within her own, and Asha continued to listen - perhaps more intently than she had already been doing. When he spoke of his inability to create his own lightsaber, a frown pulled at her lips. Such constructs were sacred, each being should have their own, crafted by their hand; it was a physical connection to the Force, it had a piece of them within it. She could not imagine having to rely on someone else's. Then again, was she not utilizing her Father's? True it was a training saber, but it was not of her own making. That thought made her feel worse.

Asha began to focus; she focused in on the very presence of the man before her in the Force. She was no stranger to the Force, that which connected all, she had walked among the very strands of its being before now, transcended her physical state in favour of viewing more of the Galaxy - in favour of viewing what once had been. That didn't make it any easier to find him, however, it did not take away the distractions in the ship. So much life, so many variables, Asha could not distinguish between the flora, the semi-sentient Cat, the man before her. Only her own presence was the one she knew well enough to decipher.

All at once, though, the girl stopped. She bit her lip, before sighing. "Are you going to fix her?" the girl inquired, mind drifting back to the fiery girl. She could sense something about him, especially now that their minds had melded the way they had. He knew things she couldn't comprehend.

[member="Sargon Vynea"]

Opening his eyes he let go of the Force for the moment as he considered her question carefully, she had a healers heart it seemed. "No, she's going to fix herself, but if she is willing I will help. She is at war with herself, I cannot solve that for her no more then guide the cat towards the mouse it hunts everyday. I think in truth she knows where the mouse is, she just doesn't want to lose her friend. I do however plan on helping, there is a world that is completely blanketed from the Force, a world I've never visited but in my visions. There is a creature there that creates a bubble which blocks the Force from anything near it, an adaptation to escape a rather remarkable hunter. If she will consent I will take her there, and there she will be free from the Force, and perhaps there she can make peace with herself."

Moving through the Force again he melded back into Asha as effortlessly as if he was born doing it, after all it was merely understanding they were already one in the Force. With her he followed the Force to a planet it swept around and through, but here its song didn't play. There was no doubt life on the planet, but it had created an independence from the Force even while living within it. Some think the Force is dead here, it is not, just developed in such a way we cannot feel it. Imagine someone using their abilities to shrink themselves in the Force, a person can become near invisible if they master it. Now imagine an entire species of animals practicing that single art for generations to survive a hunter who could sense them no matter where they hid. That is how a planet hides from the Force itself, apart but still one. It is here the Force cannot hunt her, here she can began to heal. If she agrees I will go here with her, and until she heals I will stay with her. If she is chooses she can stay here, free forever from it. If she heals and finds peace within herself I believe she can leave this place whole again. These are her choices to make though, she has been forced enough.

Releasing the Force he smiled at her again, but there was a touch of sadness to it as he looked a bit beyond her. "Always remember when you heal a wound the consequences. You will find you give of yourself every time you do, to share another's pain be it of body or mind takes something from you. They will tell you in time it is the warriors who are strong, Asha, but I tell you the warrior has a hundred brothers at his back to support him. For you it will just be you trying to hold unto the life of another, and when more slip away then you can save it will break your heart. That is strength, to feel such pain and to not run away, to not hide from the wounds that must be healed in a galaxy where it seems they never end. I cannot teach you much about healing the body, but in time I shall teach you to heal the mind and spirit. For this one I shall give up the thing I love most for a time, the Force will not be with me while I stay there, but still it wills me to go."

Closing his eyes again he brought her mind back to the present and let her go as he swam in the Force letting it flow through every pore in his body. See me, Asha, focus. I promise when she is ready I will do all I can for her. You have my word. For now though focus, and find me. Letting go he let the Force overtake him as he bathed in it's presence, how he'd miss its touch, but he would obey, he would go if she would.

[member="Asha Hex"]

She wasn't one to interrupt. She wasn't even one to really speak more than was necessary. So it was that the young girl listened, and tried to understand. A world where the Force could not interfere? A creature who protected itself? Why did this all sound so familiar to her... Myrkr? Was he talking about the Ysalamir? Oh, that was a very interesting method indeed. But all that his response did was bring more questions in her mind.

"The Force is causing her to be like that?"

No, surely not. Asha did not like the thought of that at all. Why would the Force keep someone alight like lava? Why would it torment and torture? She watched as the planet in question came to life within her mind, and once again she was in awe of this man's abilities.

He warned her about healing, about the effects it would have on her and any other who attempted it, and she frowned. "But if we did not try to help and heal, then we would feel worse. It is better to have tried and lost than to simply allow life to be extinguished." She understood that many viewed it as the will of the Force... But the Force provided them with methods to counteract death, to fix and heal. Which meant it did not just want people to die needlessly.

All at once the focus was back on the present. On her task.

Asha closed her eyes and she focused, she pooled the Force into her senses and beyond, reaching out tentatively toward the man, toward the light of his presence.

It was tough going, Jericho was easy to find he was her Father. Even from all the way over here, away from their ship, she could feel his presence in the Force. Sargon was a stranger.

Slowly yet surely though she began to make out his signature, distinguishing it from the wildlife that lingered on the world. His was bright, brilliant, yet difficult to spot without understanding it. It was as if it was a very part of the Force itself.

Asha gasped.

[member="Sargon Vynea"]

In return as she viewed him he watched her presence, her own force signature he memorized as he thought over her questions. As she felt her mind finally settle on him he smiled moving once again against her mind as he melded into her's. Consider the Force as a living entity, a combination of the souls of all who've ever lived since the dawn of time. Most are swallowed up by it once they die, and eventually reborn as their essence becomes a new soul. Many would not agree, but this is my belief, take it as you will. However, you must remember that throughout time there have been powerful force users who have not simply rejoined the Force. Some have kept their unique identities as Force ghosts until they've achieved what they couldn't as the living. Other's have gripped onto it as a chance to find life again, grasping at the world of the living, and refusing to find peace. These souls do not join naturally with the Force, they fight it. Have you ever considered that as much as those who join with the Light are balanced out by those who work in the darkest part of the Force, corrupting and perverting even still life, or at least as much as they can. Pain, death, and evil can draw such darkness out I believe, gain their attention. Its why in my opinion Korriban still has such a darkness to it, life that simply won't move past itself, and so its evil stays lurking in the Force itself. Such evil I believe was drawn into her, and fed on her pain. Again though, this is merely my belief, in time you will find your own truth.

He sometimes wondered about his long rambling and considered for a moment that more contact with people were needed but merely shrugged it off as part of who he was. it was part of the reason he was drawn to her curious mind, he knew she'd listen. She could now find him anywhere, but there was so much he wanted to show her, and so little time. Then again he knew she would return one day for more, her curiosity would bring her back. Now that she was learning to prod with her mind though there was an important step she must learn along with it. You feel my mind now as though we were one, I can pass my strength to you, and you to me, we are melded into one. In combat I can supply my strength to a dozen force users, helping to secure their minds, and strengthening them through myself and others. However what you must realize is how dangerous this is, you must learn to control who enters your mind, and what they can do within your mind. Push me out of your mind, Asha, and then defend it. You must block your mind with an idea, an image, or even something as simple as numbers. The attacked must either be accepted in, or they will only find the defenses you put up. This is your outer defense. Think of it like the shielding on your ship, but behind that you need armor, something to limit the damage if something does make it through.

Quieting for a moment he set his own mental defenses up, the image of the galaxy singing in the song of the Force came to the forefront. The song, and colors were as ever changing as the real thing, and in order to pierce it the attacked would have to understand his mind, to know him truly. If struck with enough force from a mental attack I would from here move back and shield my mind completely, but the requires me to cut off my senses in the Force. Cutting off all of it though makes it very difficult for an attacker to find an opening. It is from here you plan your counter attack, they'll probe your defenses and then attempt to strike you mentally. It is then they are most open though as their focus is on their attack, and it is from here your strike will land most true. Now, find your defenses, something that will allow you to create a vault none can pierce.

[member="Asha Hex"]

Asha had learned long ago to take everything with a pinch of salt and make up her own mind; Jericho had been a great Father, but he wasn't too heavy handed in the lesson-department. For the most part he allowed her to follow her own path, and that suited her well enough. It led to her awakening being one of introspection, self-discovery; she had discovered the benefits of moderation and balance long before she could even comprehend the Je'daii and their ways. So she listened to all the man had to say, without judgement and without persuasion, mulling it over in her mind. It wasn't in Asha to push her own beliefs upon another, or to steal and mimic theirs. She was more than comfortable in her own skin, and this she could credit back to Jericho. He had been the right influence, just the right amount of guidance, and very practical and hands on with the training and lessons he did provide.

Sargon wanted her to push him from her mind? Then she would do her best to carry out that task. She knew that it would be beneficial in the future, because Force-knew what was going to happen to her, and she wasn't one to shirk in her responsibilities to her self and her own wellbeing.

Inhaling a steady breath, the young girl found him there, on the edge of her mind, with his defenses risen the way they were; for a moment she enveloped him within her mind, it was almost a soothing gesture like warm water covering the body or a blanket on a frigid night. She saw a glimpse of his own defenses, but she did not need to press upon them. She was not attacking him, she was not attempting to get into his mind, simply to dismiss him from her own. So while her warm embrace took fruition, the girl all at once shoved with the might of the Force. Every ounce of her willpower was at her back during this action, fueling her as she sought to push him away. She was strong of mind, of spirit, and she was quick to gauge a technique.

Too quick, at times. She never knew her limits.

All at once Asha drew back with a gasp, her body shaking and her mind ablaze. It hurt, like brain-freeze only far more intense and lingering. Sucking in a breath, the girl lifted one palm up and pressed it against her left temple as it throbbed. "Youch" she subtly exclaimed, not wanting to seem weak in front of this strange yet wise man.

[member="Sargon Vynea"]

He felt the warm touch, a searching touch perhaps change with such violence that he couldn't have hoped to have held onto her mind. In fact truth be told he barely held onto his own thoughts for a moment as he felt himself ejected from her mind, A bit much, but impressive. Turning his eyes to her he laughed softly at the rather eager student. "Well done, a bit excessive, but you've got a strong handle on the basics, well done. From here we move to the basis of actually shielding your mind from others so they can't enter in the first place without your permission, or at least without a fight."

Pushing his mind again towards he he probed gently as he allowed her time to build her defenses. Create your first defense as something you can call to mind easily a constant in your mind. This outer defense will keep people from simply moving into your mind, but with enough force it will usually collapse. The key is to have a secondary bastion to fall back to, something much stronger, but that takes real will to enforce. Now form your barrier

[member="Asha Hex"]

Asha did her best to catch her breath and quieten her mind. Infact she felt so exhausted from her intense expelling that she leaned her head into her hands and shook it slightly. "I need a minute" she finally confessed, her head swimming. She didn't feel mentally prepared to continue in that moment. Shakily she rose up to her feet and wandered toward the pond itself.

Swaying ever so slightly on the spot, she tumbled to her knees and splashed some water over her face.

She could feel him back in her mind, too weak to push him back out again this time, and shuddered slightly. Jericho had always taught her to keep a strong, prepared mind, but she hadn't ever done anything like that before. She was, after all, still fairly young in the grand scheme of things.

"What sort of a first barrier?" she asked, her mind immediately wanting to picture a labyrinth of sorts. Something continual, frustrating to navigate... Her second thought was space. So vast, infinite...

[member="Sargon Vynea"]

Sargon enjoyed teaching with a merged mind, the student didn't simply have to just go on word and feelings, but could actually feel it being done once before they made their own attempt at something. It was a double edge sword though, more so when showing someone your defenses, how much easier would they slide through the cracks in their teacher's defenses once they knew them so intimately. Then again it was true with everything you taught another, it could all be thrown back in your face one day, but such was the risk of creating bonds in anyway.

In her mind he settled in an image of Zabrak clan tattoos, simple work to the outside galaxy, but to a Zabrak they spoke volumes about the individual, and their clan. Holding it up in her mind he created a weak barrier, and with a bare nudge he let the ripples of his touch go through her awareness. Then he shoved into it just hard enough to pop the mental shield and enter her mind. From here though there was still much to do to invade person's mind, to subjugate them or read their thoughts.

"The first barrier is your warning, the stronger, and more complex you make the defense and image the longer it takes them to break through. You want it strong enough that it takes focus to break it, or find one's way through. In a fight this will distract your opponent, or to block someone's more subtle attempts to steal your thoughts. When that first barrier is probed you feel it, when it breaks the opponent is left with a sudden change, and it gives you a moment to react. Perhaps to attack them physically or mentally in that moment of sudden change to their senses, or to retreat deep inside your mind and lock your mind away. I know you tire, Asha, and soon we will end for the day. First though you learn to defend your mind, you'll find in time it is far harder to repair then the body."

[member="Asha Hex"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom