Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I secretly recorded one of my students talking about Star Wars today.

I teach guitar at a local music shop. I have this one kid who literally wants to talk about nothing but Star Wars for his entire lesson. He's maybe 9 years old. Little does he know that he's talking to someone who posts regularly on a SW forum. So today I decided to secretly record him for your enjoyment.

He usually blathers on for lengths of time about whatever new Star Wars vidya he's currently playing, but today the conversation took a different turn. Before I knew it he launches into an entire rundown of his own imaginary Star Wars fanfiction, complete with made up characters and everything.

nTrMhYX.gif

THIS KID COULD WRITE ON CHAOS!

Enjoy. Fun starts at around 3:20 or so:

https://soundcloud.com/mdsant/star-wars-kid

Someone should make his characters on Chaos.

That's adorable!

Nice to see a little guy so passionate about star wars, and I'm seriously surprised by the amount of information he knows about! He's also got good taste in bad-ass aesthetics (black and gold for the win!). Love it when he confessed he loved masks :p

When I was his age, masks were all the rage lol

This reminds me when I was around 8, living in Croatia during the war. My brother studied in the States back in the day. He returned home with Star Wars on VHS and a suitcase full of Star Wars comics. I remember going to a friend's house who was the only one who had a VCR and watching movies together with five of my friends. And then we made my brother read the comics to us...and I was in love with SW, for life. So I literally made my parents enroll me in extra english classes at foreign languages institute so that I could read whatever my brother sent me. When I was 10, we needed to write a homework assignment on what we wanted to be in life. Mine was titled - "I want to be an X-wing pilot.".

The kid is precious. Give him the link to this site. :D

Guys, guys...

I'm not good with this type of thing, but it would be absolutely hilarious if someone drew a picture of his characters. Anyone with art/photoshop skills want to have some fun?

[member="Lorelei Darke"] has volunteered ;)

I have 1% some Privacy Act issues with this, but the other 99% is amazing. Hahaha This was a fantastic thing to get to listen to. I'm sure this kid would love to see his characters brought to life. You've just earned member of the month in my book.

My son, who's middle name is Crix, after Crix Madine lol, is 2.5 and already obsessed with SW. I took him to watch EVII in theatres and when Han Solo died, he didn't seem too concerned about it. The day the movie came out on blu-ray, while we were taking a walk, he found a dead rabbit, and so I stopped him and explained as best I could what death was (and of course taught him not to go touching dead animals lol). That night, we watched EVII and when Han Solo died, he grew incredibly upset and began crying. Now, it's not like Crix hadn't cried before, but this time, he wasn't crying because he wanted something, or was hurt, he was sad, and not for himself, but for someone else. The experience was so intense, I started crying too, not because I was sad for Han Solo necessarily, but because this was the first experience I'd had with my son of a mutual emotion of that magnitude. He knew what dying was, and he knew it was sad. I'll never forget that. I absolutely love children, and I love SW for being able to bring people together like that.

[member="Ali Hadrix"] Hah! Interesting story. Kids have such a strange way of processing information like that. He seems pretty advanced for his age. When I was 2 I had literally no concept of death. I don't think I even conceptualized the meaning of my own existence until like 7 or 8.

[member="Cassus De'Gaunt"]

Do it, man. Do it.

Wicked Witch of Schwartzweld
So precious!

By the way, you shouldn't make his characters, you should tell him to write them. He may be too young for a forum but he's not too young to write his stories down in a notebook or in a Word document. Someday, he'll be glad he did.

Star Wars is a special kind of love. I was four when Vader walked into that ship in New Hope, only had an understanding of the English language, had a long way to go. But I remember how mesmerized I felt by that whole moment. I do regret now that the characters I came up while watching the movies I didn't write down until years later. By then, I remembered the character in great deal but the stories themselves weren't as vivid as they had been as when I was a child. So you tell him to write it down. Write it all down. :)

Besides, when he's ready, he'll find his own way to roleplay. We all did. That's just how it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom