Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private I Say Verily Unto Thee

5m5qOKV.png

Objective: Find Kahlil
Tags: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Vapor mist passed her lips as she examined the holo-map of the area. Massive gravestones dotted the landscape and were the only true markers in the area that gave her any real idea of her location. The subtle trail that a certain Zambrano had left her was little more than receipts that made little sense by themselves.

Together they painted a broader picture.

Shielding her eyes, she leaned against the seat of the bike, having tracked his latest movement slowly headed in towards the core. Concerning events of late having set the juror on a silent hunt of sorts to figure out the mess that had previously worn the face of amicable effort.

Of striving towards a better life.

But lo was it often that the best of heart fell hardest from their path. She had questions, especially regarding the fact that she could no longer sense him. Having at times in hindsight nearly brushed against him on other planets in her search.

She patted her kama, knocking off invisible dust as she hummed and softly sang to herself.

"In Ashla alone my hope is found..." She sang quietly, settling her gear before striking out on foot. The tell tale click of heels against stone and dirt cutting through the soft tone of her singing.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Life was.. Different now. He'd started to notice it, little by little, just how different his path had become since he'd been cut from the Force. Every day was.. Brighter. Without the Force things were silent. It was sad, but.. He was free. For the first time in his life, Kahlil didn't have the shadow of his father looming over him. The threat that the man who helped to bring him into this galaxy would just take over his body and kill his soul. That Kahlil was a temporary soul just there to keep a vessel alive for his father's quest to overcome death.

None of that was there. The weight was gone. The responsibility he felt to stop his father wasn't his own. Pushed onto him from the moment he left the Sith by strangers who all told him his power needed to be used to stop the Zambrano family. His destiny. All off that was gone. Everything that had been placed on his shoulders was gone. Now it was just him, and his choices. His life.

The only thing he wanted to do with it was find Valery Noble Valery Noble to give it to her. He had no idea where she was, unaware that his love was pregnant with his child. They'd both agreed that it was better this way, that he not know where she was so if he fell too far he didn't in turn harm her. Didn't make this search any easier. Another bar, another casual conversation with some of his contacts from his days as a smuggler.

Days he'd returned to, just to make some cash and keep ahead of his Father's minions. Severed from the Force made it far easier to hide, but he still needed to be careful. Even more now that he couldn't sense threats. At least he picked up a blaster again. And he at least knew how to use it. All that time spent as a spacer before ending up joining the Jedi really paid off, especially now.

He took a deep breath of the fresh air as he stepped outside the bar, his silver eyes staring around. Deeper into the core was where he'd have to go. Probably to a Jedi Temple, which, he was trying to avoid. Odds were they could heal the severed bond. Same with his own family. But.. Did he want that?

Kahlil truly wasn't sure.

Millia Brimarch Millia Brimarch

The holo-map registered a smaller settlement some ways away, her eyes wandering over it briefly before allowing it to examine the gravestones again. Her voice still carrying through as she walked. The gentle bump of her collapsed staff and the concussion stick hidden just out of sight as she continued forward. She reached through the force, letting herself be guided slowly but carefully through the place.

It was a strange thought that Kahlil was suddenly so removed from this connection. A thought that had plagued her since the realization of his absence. What had happened to him to take such a precious gift from a being that while born of the dark, held firm to their hopes in the light. Perhaps that was a belief of her own mind. A projection of her own beliefs maybe?

Should she have herself sent before the Jury to question her own way of thinking? The question had paused her voice before allowing herself to reaffirm the path through song.

"Ashla my light, my strength, my song..."

While not clear, the words helped her along on her goal for the time being. She continued on, allowing her voice to still carry until she found herself on the outskirts of the settlement. Her gaze never ceasing its wandering as she smiled to a stranger that drew near enough. Posing the question for a place to rest, she was pointed to the tavern and the makeshift hotel.

They stared at her while she walked on, the Ashlan garb a strange sight among those that made their livelihood here. Her senses picked up nothing more than life around her, though a strange pocket dotted her peripherals. A few of them did actually, causing a mild frustration in her plan as she entered the hotel and negotiated a room for a fair price.

The exchange of credits and a room key had the attendee showing her upstairs before she deposited her goods on the homely dresser that sat beside her bed for the evening. The ship was comfortable for travelling, and camping out had it's own enjoyable features, but a bed on solid ground would be agreeable for the evening.

She patted the kama once more, this time checking the hip clips before leaving the room and closing the door behind her. She had to drum up some leads once more. This was a quickly diminishing game of loth cat and rodus.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Alright alright, I'll come back to the ship. Not sure I'm gonna find anything else out here, anyway. Lemmi get some breakfast first, though. .. No, I can't just not eat. It isn't an option for people y'know. .. Look bud I know you're a droid but fleshy people do need to eat. Gimme like five mi- Fine, two. .. Got it." The one sided conversation with his ever faithful R6 unit over, Kahlil pulled on his jacket to head back out. The stay here was nice (real beds were always better than the pull out on his ship) but as ever, there wasn't a reason to stay anymore. That, and staying in one place would make it too easy for him to be found.

Last thing he needed was to be found while he was still searching for Valery.

Snagging a piece of toast from the continental breakfast the taller man made his way for the exit, unaware that one of those people searching for him was just up the stairs. He flashed a smile and waved to the inn's owner, tossing some credits on the counter. "Room should be clean, but just in case. Thanks."

Clearing the stairwell as the doors closed, Millia stared at the exit while she slowly descended. There was a nudging in her path, toward the front desk instead of outside. Her hand dusting the banister as she stepped down and addressed the owner before making any strong plans for exploration while the day was still young. She presented an image that drew a puzzled look out of the being.

"Looking for this person." The stiff blank stare was equally frustrating as she glanced around, attentions now firmly placed on her. She pressed a different approach, an urgency to her presence here now. Time was ticking, and she wouldn't have another clear shot at the trail for a while.

And most likely it would end up like this again.

"I am not going to burn the place to the ground looking for them, but I do need to talk to them." She advised at the hesitation before they pointed to the door hesitantly. Her face scrunched together in annoyance. Once more, they had brushed past one another either unaware, or out of paranoia and the opportunity was slipping through her fingers.

She had just missed him it seemed.

Her heels clacked against the floor in quick rhythm as she stepped away from the counter, long strides taking her to the exit as it slid open, letting her see the scene before her.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Oh, right. I pulled the plug on the fridge to save some power since I wasn't gonna use i-" Kahlil's voice came in clear as day as he pushed open the front door again, bright smile as ever on his lips. He'd almost forgotten to let the innkeeper know for the next patron. It was by pure chance he'd open the door just as Millia Brimarch Millia Brimarch stepped out, near bumping into the woman. The man blinked, glancing down towards the redhead.

Then stepped out of her way. "Ah, sorry. Not used to having to watch where I'm going. Here." He reached out, holding the door open for her. "Go ahead."

The door opened and there was the zing of warning as her face nearly met another's. The stumble shuffle of heels and balance causing her to throw a hand to the frame and attempt to circle the incoming body. They paused, stepping aside as she leaned against the frame and pulled the shoe back on as she glanced up.

"Sorry about that, I was look-." The first glance up was short lived as she secured the shoe and her eyes went wide. The double take was quick and the shoe clacked sharply as it met the floor.

"Looking for you actually. Got a minute to talk?" She stood upright, still standing in the doorway as a hand propped on her hip.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"For me?" Kahlil blinked, pointing at himself. There was an air of confusion about him, but that was just a front. Worry filled the back of his mind. An agent of his father, perhaps? He kept the smile regardless as he shrugged his shoulders. "I don't think I'm anything impor-" He paused. For a moment he just stared at Millia Brimarch Millia Brimarch , near squinting at the woman. Then laughed.

"Oh it's you! From the beach! Uh.. Millia, yeah?"

There came the careful rise of her brow at his confusion. He hadn't seemed nearly that aloof when they had spoken prior. But the confusion seemed to quickly dissipate as he took a better look and used her name. The soft smile genuine as she nodded at the recognition.

"Yes. A pleasure to see you again. I was wondering if you might be able to spare a moment." She didn't spare a look around the room before closing her eyes and nodding upstairs.

"I have something to deliver, but I left it in my room. Come." A subtle way of saying she wished to speak privately, waving a hand back into the establishment before leading the way if he followed.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Huh?

Kahlil blinked slowly as he watched Millia Brimarch Millia Brimarch walk back towards the steps. He was.. Confused. Very confused. It was already odd to him that she was searching for him. Now.. This? He tilted his head, but didn't argue. No, he'd follow along for now. So long as she didn't try anything. The gears were slowly turning in the back of his mind. What was this all about? Did the crusade need something from him?

Or did the crusade care about what happened to him and his father?

The later thought brought a frown. He'd step into the doorway, even close the door behind him. But there he would remain, obviously ready to run if he needed to. "So. What's this all about?"

She led the way back. It had been a good sign that he was willing to speak. A better one when she had laid eyes on him that confirmed some strange belief in her own mind that this was still the person she had met on that warm beach.

She turned when the door closed, raising her hands in a placative gesture before setting her weapons on the bed in a sign of trust. At least on her end before twirling once more and plopping down on the corner of the bed.

"First and foremost. I'm not here on Ashlan business. Nor for the Empire or some other group." She crossed her legs, leaning back and propping herself up on her arms.

"I come as a friend. Or at the very least a pleasant acquaintance. To ask. To understand." She offered softly, a bittersweet smile on her face.

"I see the man that sat next to me on a warm beach, wishing for a better life and nothing to do with the past. But I hear of a man that cares for little more than violence and bloodshed." She asked without asking. Informed him of the rumors and reports that had reached her ears. Her tone was worried, concerned even without malice or anger.

"I want to know what happened. To understand. To help however I can. Please."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"That's a denser story then I'd like to admit." Though, there was still relief in his words as he watched Millia Brimarch Millia Brimarch disarm. So this wasn't a crusade matter. The weight on his shoulders as he was so prepared to run was just.. Gone. He didn't think he'd made such an impression on the woman, yet he was also glad. Someone to talk to, to share everything. He wanted to find Valery, but they'd both agreed she should hide until he had finished his task.

While he hadn't, at least he was free.

"My father is Carnifex, as I'm sure you know. I was marked at a young age as his vessel. If he died, or if he wanted to, he could take over my body and use it as his own. I lived as a Sith trying to appease him and be something more, and when I realized I never would be I ran. Found a life, some kind of freedom." An illusion of freedom. He frowned at the memory as he wandered over to a chair to plop down into.

"The mark was never gone, though. Even after I was convinced to join the Jedi to stop my father, they couldn't erase the mark. When I saw him again on Panatha, it was just a reminder that I hadn't escaped his shadow. To live the life I wanted, I needed to get free of it. I had planned to stage a fall to the Dark, find my father's powerbase and destroy it from the inside, but my sister found me first. Cut off my arms, threw me at my father's feet." He chuckled, if only to ignore the flashes of pain as he glanced towards his 'new' arms. Real as can be, yet still fake.

"Then I actually fell. All to stop him, break free. Nearly killed a man in the process. Yet, that man ended up sparing me from.. Everything. Cut me off from the Force completely. The mark, gone. The burden of being a Jedi, gone." That was the core of his relief. Even now he smiled in a way he hadn't been able to before. He was truly, completely free.

"Ah, rambled. Long story short, shit went bad when my family caught me. Which ultimately lead to freedom. And now I'm just trying to find my girlfriend and ask her to marry me."

She listened. Never offering more than a nod to acknowledge that she was listening. A strange power to hold over another she thought silently. Something dangerous for a menacing force of the dark side to wield.

But something to note for the future as she took a deep breath and blew it out. It was a lot to take in without being overwhelmed. But she was glad to be able to speak with him and that he had spoken candidly.

"You have been disconnected from the force. That explains my difficulties...and most likely the difficulties of others to find you no doubt." She leaned forward, taking her cap off and fishing into the hem before withdrawing a small device.

Pressing it to her lips, she inhaled and let it fall to her side. She blinked as white vapor left her lips and filled the air between them. Harmless water vapors as she spoke with a smile.

"Well. It brings joy to hear you are free from his control or the threat of it. And more so to hear of the proposal. But you seem to be running in a path to evade rather than search." Her tone was finally solemn towards the end, meeting his eyes as she spoke further.

"I would be more than willing to help however I can. Travel with you, relay a message, find someone, simply walk away. Name it." The offer of options was something she had been given in the past, and her belief in a better future for all was something she would deny to no being were she able.

"I offer this knowing I may place myself in danger. Do not make that excuse. I am quite capable, I simply prefer to refrain from those actions as much as possible." She reminded him quickly, with a small nod towards the weapons she had placed on the bed.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Ah, yeah. Kinda feels like I'm running away too, heh." He laughed a little, rubbing at the back of his neck. He couldn't exactly argue with what Millia Brimarch Millia Brimarch was saying, especially since he was here in a hotel under a false name to begin with. He'd gotten the fake name early in his first escape from the Sith. He'd stopped using it, but after running away from that battle that cut him from the Force?

Maybe he shouldn't be running so much.

"I- Uh." Yeah. He was about to tell her she didn't need to help him when she cut him right off. His smile softened as he lowered his head and nodded. " Valery Noble Valery Noble . She's the one I'm looking for. You're welcome to accompany me if that's what you'd like to do, but when I planned to fall we both agreed she'd hide from me. Just in case I failed, or worse. Honestly I'm not sure the best way to try and find her when the whole purpose was I never do until she finds me."

She tapped the fingers of her free hand as she listened. An idea forming slowly as more came to light. A smile forming as she recalled their conversation.

"Seems your wish for a family came to fruition. Toil often brings the richest rewards." She spoke kindly before casting her gaze to the side.

"I would like to accompany you. First though, I would relay a message of your well-being and sound mind to the one yet to find you. A reassurance in a possibly dark time." Her gaze drifted back to him, expression turning sharp to punctuate her seriousness.

"I would not share her location, however you might ask, and may even advise her to relocate after meeting her." The woman spoke sharply and without reservation.

"We all stumble at times. And even the best can fall prey to the easy path. I would walk beside you as a friend and ally. If you permit, I will begin by relaying a message for you before returning to help along your path." She offered, quietly before sitting up proper and waiting.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Millia Brimarch Millia Brimarch was remembering a lot more than he did about their conversation. It wasn't too surprising given everything he'd been through since their last meeting- No, that's a selfish thought. Given her line of work it wouldn't be too surprising if she had her own hell to run through. His smile softened further as he nodded his head. Regardless of how much he remembered, she was being a friend.

Oh. He nearly laughed, though he kept that tapped down. He wasn't used to having friends. Perhaps he should reach out to Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim , now that he thought about it. Of all the silence he often gave people, if they were his friends, shouldn't he try to at least reach out?

He was probably the worst friend to have now that he thought about it.

Kahlil snapped himself out of his self criticalizing once he realized Millia was talking about reaching out to Valery. All at once he was grinning wide, leaned up in his seat like a teenager told he'd be able to fly the starship for the first time. "You think you can get ahold of her? I mean, yeah, you probably can get a hold of her easier than I can. And, yeah. I wouldn't ask you to tell me where she is. Hell, I hope she doesn't. No offence, I just want her to be safe. Even if I'm fine now, y'know?"

He laughed nervously, rubbing at the back of his head.

"Though honestly.. I'm not sure what else to do. I want to keep helping people, that's for sure. That's always what I want to do. Without the Force, though, I'm not sure how. .. Before I do meet up with her again I want to know how."

The joy upon his face was a relief. An offer that he gladly accepted and one she had hoped he would. Moments like these made her efforts all the more worthwhile in her belief that none were beyond help. His question to finding Valery was met with a somewhat glib smile.

"I found you. Even by luck it still counts. And you are able to hide from me in the force." The small twirl of her hand the only sign of pride in her ability she allowed herself.

"None taken. And yes, I understand the sentiment." She explained softly, shrugging enough to move them along.

"Is there anywhere that you might have someone willing to listen? Or mayhap that I can entreat them to allow a chance? She asked, leaning back again.

"Even if it's a quiet meeting that does little more than grant an audience, it would be a foothold for gaining some idea of change floating around once more to those it may be important to."

Kahlil_Div2.png

That.. Was a good point. Not that Kahlil was trying his best not to be found, otherwise he'd go into actual hiding instead of continuing his job as a freighter, but he wasn't wanting to be found either. Not with his father still around. Another more embarrassed laugh escaped him as the rubbing of the back of his head continued. "Honestly I wouldn't know. I never did get the chance to meet much of her friends or allies. .. Probably one of the Jedi temples would know?"

She was silent a long moment as her thoughts drifted to searching. Patterns and lists of needs. Documents to file through about associates and known peoples already filtering through her mind as she nodded.

"More of a start than I had with you. Should be easy enough if they are feeling pleasant." Chuckling to herself as she switched topics.

"Leave me with a location, and I can meet you there. Or at least start back on your trail when I finish. Comm links make me nervous when one doesn't wish to be found. Bread crumbs would be better." She explained, pondering a sign for their quiet communication.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I've got enough jobs to skirt through the outer rim for the next month or so. I'll swing by Utapau whenever the job lets me, n' I'll leave enough of a trail for you to follow regardless if I'm goin' to the next job or heading elsewhere. That sound good?" Truthfully he had no idea how to let himself be found. Wasn't a thing he had to do before. But what he said made sense. And what kind of trail he'd leave, well. He'd figure that out when he got to that point.

"I appreciate this. Really. It's nice to have friends."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom