Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I promise Sage won't kill you!

Fresia

[member="Mullarus"]

Luckily for her new kinda bestie, [member="Sage Bane"] was back on the Star Destroyer doing....something. Sith Lord Hand of the Dark Lord things. It was enough for Kinsey to take advantage of the situation and invite Mully over for that training session they promised to swap on. Booted-feet skipped past the plethora of dungeons, on her way to her favorite spot in the world: the hangar.

If the reports were right and the guards weren't just pranking the young Starchaser, Mullarus had just landed. Hopefully. Too blue-eyes sparkled mischievously. Hopefully he had forgiven her for that minor cave incident thingie.

Mullarus had almost completely forgotten about the promise he made to [member="Kinsey Starchaser"] on Obredaan about exchanging some of their master's teachings. He felt eager to see what kind of things the Hand of the Dark Lord himself was teaching an apprentice of his. Mullarus figured the girl he trudged through the jungles with was open-minded enough to want to know about Darth Pyrrhus' lessons as well.

What Mullarus was not expecting was to be personally invited to a facility on Fresia for it. He was almost honored. He felt as much a guest to Sage Bane as he did to Kinsey. He took to thr cockpit of his starship almost immedeatly after being invited.

His Blade starfighter touched down in the hangar. He could already see Kinsey making her way through the doorway at the end of the hangar and toward him. The starfighter's cockpit opened up and Mullarus hopped out, adjusting his black robes accordingly. "Nice to see you again, Kinsey. I trust Lord Bane is satisfied with how I left you after Obredaan?"

[member="Mullarus"]

She beamed, flashing that same smile that caused men and women, no matter what species or sexual orientation, to melt at the knees. She didn't hesitate in looping her arm through his and leading him into the complex. "Good to see you too, Mulls. I'm glad you made it." Her free hand waved nonchalantly through the air.

"And yes. Lord Bane was quite satisfied when I returned. He's always satisfied when I'm around. I hope your master was just as happy to see you return with all your digits? And some cortosis?"

She lead him down a few long hallways and sets of stairs, several libraries, conference rooms, and a cantina before coming to a stop outside a set of very large training rooms. "There's a sim room we can use. Here. Practice sabers. Force pikes. Whatever we need."

She finally released his arm.

"Where do you want to start?"

Mullarus was surprised to see her smile so brightly. There wasnt anyone he ever knew who acted so happy to see him. Before he knew what was going on, she had linked her arm in his and started to walk, almost being dragged, beside her down the corridor.

"Well...Pyrrhus isn't really the type of guy to give praise...just the kind to remind you that success was just what you did to avoid the consequences of failure." he answered. He didnt answer like he expected sympathy, he was just being honest. He knew being trained as a Sith wasn't going to be fun or glamorous all the time.

Stopping outside of the room, Mullarus answered her final question. "...Have you been taught Form III?"

[member="Kinsey Starchaser"]

[member="Mullarus"]

"What?! He never says anything positive to you?" Pouty-lip offered empathy. "I'd never know if I was doing anything right." Shoulders shrugged. She and Mully certainly had very different masters and relationships with said masters. Of course, she doubted Mullarus was sleeping with [member="Darth Pyrrhus"].

Blue-eyes sparked with curiosity at his question. "Not really. I've done some very basic saber training with Sage. He tends to focus more on the mental stuff." Kins, however, had more of a knack for anything physical: fighting, loving, y'know. Hips swayed as she took two practice swords from the wall. She tossed one to Mulls.

"These guys have barbs that will simulate the pain of a saber hit but won't cause us to lose any limbs. Figured they'd be good to use for our session. So...uh...how do I start?"

He reached out and caught a practice sword, never seeing one quite like this with the barbs on it. "Actually...I would need a training remote to demonstrate Form III. See...it's more of a defensive form than offensive. It's useful for deflecting blaster bolts. You got any?"

[member="Mullarus"]

"Oh! Sure." She pulled a ball from the wall and with a flick of her thumb, turned the remote on. It hovered in the air, floating toward Mully. "He's all yours to control. I call him Bob. These swords will also deflect blaster bolts. So how do I start?"

He was gonna have to show her. Up close and personal.

Mullarus briefly watched the remote float around, shuddering slightly as he remembered his training session which involved three of these. Kinsey would have it easy just training with one.

Mullarus ignited his emerald-bladed lightsaber with a hiss. He quickly called upon the teachings of his master on board the Revenant. "Alright. Soresu. The third and most defensive of the seven lightsaber forms. Quickness, patience, and cunning are the keys to it. Before you say it...yes. Patience. The way I see it: Learn how your enemy fights so that you may see the flaws in what they do."

He watched the remote closely, feeling much more confident in his ability to play defensively now that he was used to facing more than two foes shooting him at once. He held his lightsaber with both hands diagonally before him. As Mullarus spoke, he tried to sound wise, like he knew whag he was talking about. He was not harsh, nor brutal. He simply opened up his arms and his mind so that Kinsey may hear and learn from him.

"Do not overthink your actions in this form. That causes a conflict within you which breaks your concentration. It will make you impatient. Trust in the Force...let it flow through you."

The remote fired a bolt, which was easily redirected by Mullarus' blade. He even got cocky enough after a few more deflections to try it one-handed. "Angle your blade slightly toward the target and push forward a bit."

[member="Mullarus"]

"You really know your stuff, huh?" She was impressed with his easy-deflection. Was he showing off? She grinned and stepped up to the proverbial plate. It took her a few swings and misses to get comfortable. A stray energy bolt managed to her her thigh.

She swore but pressed forward.

At this kind of thing, she was a natural. Shocking for a Starchaser. Had to take the wins when they came. She followed his instructions and pretty soon she was deflecting bolts back. One angled toward Mully. Blue-eyes widened as she let out a yelp in surprise.

"Oh-oh-oh, sorry!!"

The stray bolt struck Mullarus directly in the neck, causing immense pain to screech down his body, shorting out a few of his implants. He cringed for a few moments, almost seeming like he was about to pass out, but after a few moments, the implants automatically rebooted and he stood back up. If not for the implants, Mullarus would likely be dead. They were his unnatural guardian angels, for without them, he is a walking corpse. One could argue, if they truely knew how much they meant to him, that Mullarus was just a walking corpse being kept alive by unholy magic. Science.

"Ah...I'm...fine. It isn't...anywhere close to the worst pain i've felt. A stray stun bolt every now and again happens..." He rubbed his neck, the area where he was shot now stung terribly. He paused for a minute, then shook his head, "Yes, uh, pardon me. You're doing great. Much better than I did at first. Keep at it."

[member="Mullarus"]

Tongue-clucked and she came over, reaching over to look at his neck. "You sure you're okay? You don't look so good. We've got some bacta patches in the drawer over there. Want me to get them?"

She was real close and personal, most likely way within Mullarus' personal bubble space. Those things meant nothing to Kinsey. "Do you like your training? With your master? I'm just...curious. I don't get to talk to other acolytes that much. I think Sage gets jealous."

He rubbed the base of his neck rather uncomfortably, "Well...some bacta cant hurt..." he said as he approached the drawer she pointed him to. He did notice how she seemed to be getting very...touchy-feely with him. He simply tried to ignore it for now. He was NOT going to fool around with the Hand of the Dark Lord's lady. That would be a quick way to either get murdered or gain the hatred of the man.

Mullarus injected some bacta into himself, feeling immediate results. He tried not to use bacta too often as to not get addicted to it. He had never heard of anyone get hooked on bacta, but he didnt want to be the first. "Do I like my training? Well, of course not. It's brutal, I often wonder if my master will just break my neck and find a more...living and more intimidating apprentice. It is the means to an end. An end that involves me carrying the title of Sith Lord like him. It is my destiny, as it was for my fathers before me." He ran a hand through his hair, "Yes...I know what you mean about not getting to talk to other acolytes much. Though...not for the same reasons as you, obviously." He chuckled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom