Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Present to You; The Lord and Lady Protectors

Eriadu was a test of the Protectorate's resolve, and it was a test that had been beaten. It had demonstrated the resolve of the Protectorate's military and its leaders. However, it had an unintended side-effect. The galaxy was made aware of the continued existence of the former Lady Protector Cira. Instantly, the Holonet was divided on the matter. Some believed she remained the leader of the Protectorate and that the current Lord Protector should abdicate his position to her. Others held that her disappearance had necessitated succession and that her role had been legitimately passed on.

Rather than let the issue simmer, Ayden began making plans. It was not an issue he could afford to remain quiet on. There were those who would see him give up his position, and in truth there was a part of him that wished he could. But he had assumed the mantle of protecting this corner of the galaxy, and even beyond in many cases. There was too much going on, too much in the works, for him to just hand the reigns over to her. But she could not be left aside either.

So it was that he assembled many news reporters in the main halls of the Protectorate's Center of Public Awareness. "Good afternoon. As many of you are aware, a month ago the Protectorate was challenged by the Fringe Confederacy. They attempted to subvert the ruling council on Eriadu and take from us what was not theirs to take. Many lives were lost that day. However, it was a surprise to all when we gained back a life we thought lost to us forever. Former Lady Protector Cira revealed herself to the galaxy, alive and well. And while many celebrated her return, questions began surfacing.

First, I want to assure you all that I have met with Cira and can confirm her identity. Medical tests have been run and she has been found to be the same woman who helped form this state and whose will and dreams shaped our future. Some have stated a belief that she is the legitimate ruler of the Protectorate and that I should step aside. I have also spoken with her about this and she agrees with me that the line of succession was correctly followed in the wake of her disappearance."

Mummers began to ripple through the assembled crowd before Ayden silenced them with a gesture. "I have called you all here to announce that I will no longer be the sole deciding figure on the Protectorate's policies. I will no longer be the only one responsible for protecting the many worlds that make up this great Protectorate. It is with great pleasure that I announce... The return of Lady Protector [member="Cira"]."

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
HK was not present in the main halls of Protectorate's Center of Public Awareness, instead the droid was watching the news from his office somewhere under the surface of Abregado-Rae, hidden in the well-protected bunker-like catacombs below the Government Building of the planet. The room was dark, only a faint glow of archaic fireplace and the blue sheen of the holo-projector provided some light, an eerie illumination that mixed with the feint glowing of HK and his guards' eyes. Besides the droid there were two of his Greycloak bodyguards, their helmets removed to reveal their HK-faceplates
The droids watched the news in silence, taking it all in, so far it just seemed like any other announcement the Protectorate have broadcast. Except words spoken by Ayden finally hit HK,
"Former Lady Protector Cira revealed herself to the galaxy"
HK slightly tilted his head, quietly speaking out,
"What?"
"I have met with Cira and can confirm her identity."
The droid's head straightened out then, his guards looked to him as he spoke up once more, this time at his usual volume,
"What?"
"The return of Lady Protector Cira."
The remote HK held in his hand has crushed as his grip quickly tightened, he said loudly, for droids could not scream but speak louder,
"What?!"

His guards slightly tilted their heads, watching him, one of them finally asked,
"Sir, have you not realized Lady Protector was back?"

Indeed, it was the first time HK heard about Cira being back, on Eriadu his soldiers tried to inform him, but he cut them off, telling them there were more pressing matters to attend to. And ever since, any notification he got from his secretaries or news about it, he just considered spam, he thought it was something to do with memorials or monuments, he has already moved on from missing Cira, grieving for her, and it took him becoming lost in the Unknown Regions and Wildspace to achieve that. Apparently nobody, not Siobhan or Lord Protector or anyone else, thought to correct the droid when he referred to Cira in past-tense or said stuff like "Late Lady Protector" or "May she find peace in a land with no war" nope, nobody confronted him on that.

So there he was, looking like a fool in front of his guards and for the first time experiencing a new sensation. Pure, unadulterated anger. Not the anger he felt from Sith and the atrocities they committed, they were easy to be angry upon, and hating them so long somewhat dulled the droid. This was new, it was sudden, it hit him like a ton of bricks and he did not knew what it really was, it was something like being betrayed, but not as fatal, the droid was feeling something similar to a woman overloaded with hormones would feel when her friend left, or worse, came back without saying anything to her. It burned inside him like a hot white flame, and it would not yield, dark images entered his programming.

"Leave."
He spoke shortly to his guards, they only bowed to him and left the room with a scrape of metal doors signalling their departure. HK reached to his back.
A whooosh was heard and then clash and cry of sparks as an alchemic sword flew across the room from HK and impaled the holo-transmitter, destroying the device in one good hit. HK checked his internal communications for any messages or calls he could possibly miss.

Nothing.

With quick movement he silently gripped the edge of his desk, straightening up his body, his claws and talons extended, his cloak fluttering and armor plates of his body shifted as he grew thinner but taller in size. His appearance looked more like that of Grievous than an HK droid, more bestial than humanoid. His hands ripped the desk from the floor, with one fluid movement the furniture was flipped over, overturned with a loud clash as datapads, filmsy sheets, and a shattergun cluttered out from the containers in the desks, bolts that kept the desk securely attached to the floor were visible, twisted and cracked as they were ripped from the floor.

In the corner, in an oval padded wicker-bed, three Ropos were cowering under a blanket, shaking slightly, curled up with each other as they watched their master wreck his own office.

Looking around he saw a beat-up suit of armor in one of the display cases, it was his first suit of armor he received from Omega, the one he had before he upgraded to the Defense Power Armor. Striding over to it, HK gripped to cabin with his hands, his claws screeching against glass as they found their grip before the droid pulled the whole structure over, shattering the glass and letting the suit of armor clutter out onto the ground.

He looked up at the painting that hanged above the archaic fire-place of his office, it was a captured image of Lady Cira with a soft smile, from the day she allowed the droid to accompany him to a ball in his HRD body, a ruse to see how well he can adapt with it. The picture showed her in mid of a dance, looking at HK, the image taken from his perspective and mate into the said painting.
HK came closer to it, reaching up he took it off of the wall, setting the frame against the wall he took one of the talons on his hand and punctured the image, trailing the blade on his finger he would cut off the painting, letting the frame lay to the side as he took the canvas and tossed it into the flames of the fireplace.

He watched it burn. The symbol of his memory dissipating before him, the flames dancing around the canvas, licking at the paint and making it bubble in heat as he watched. The light of the fire reflected on his faceplate and he wondered. Could he make other things burn as that? The whole planet? Whole sector? Could he set fire to her as well and watch her burn?
The droid clenched his fist once more, hitting the side of the fireplace, other trinkets and artifacts clanked and shook on the wall, something fell off and cluttered to the side among other debris and ruins that already filled the room.
He reached into the fire and smeared his face on the burning canvas, covering it with the heated up black paint.

HK walked back to the armor he broke from the case and grabbed it by the chestplate, placing his paint-covered finger to it, he smudged out the Pyre sigil, making a mark over the whole structure. He dropped the armor plate, the Skull of Mythosaur visible over its whole structure, a dedication to the Mandalorian Clans, a sign the droid bore on himself during his service under Mandalore the Ultimate.

Looking around for more objects to destroy, HK's attention was caught by the object that fell from the wall. A white Sith mask with red markings made from unknown bone, the droid stared at the mask and the mask stared back at him in judging silence. He remembered who wore it, the second Emperor he has slain, the one he trained in the arts of Lightsaber and guided through being a Jedi. The one he adopted.
They looked at each other for prolonged period of silence before HK spoke up once more,
"I am not like you. Nor I will ever be like you or the others. I do not want to kill, I do not want to destroy. Do not mock me!"
He said the last part louder to the Sith Bone Mask, the unheard words of the artifact agitating the machine. He looked back at the fireplace, bits of painting still surviving in the fire. He looked at Cira's face, flames slowly eating away at the image, destroying it bit by bit. Her hair would disappear, mingling with the dancing flames, then her eyes, shining bright with the sparks alighting them, until finally her soft smile begun to disperse as well, the last piece the droid watched burn away.
"I do not want to kill. I do not want to destroy. I-I just want to matter, I do not want to be lonely again. I am mo-mo-more than a to-to-tool of destruction. I am not a to-to-tool, I am a Jedi! I am alive. Am I? I know I am, unless it is a-a-all just delusion."
HK repeated, speaking into the fire, his body received slightly ticks and his stutter came back, a condition he did not had for a while now, at least not since his initial repairs with the Protectorate.
"At least I thought I was more than a tool."
He finally whispered softly as he turned back from the fire.

Looking over the destruction and mess he caused around the small room of his office, he just pushed aside he armor-plate he marked with Mandalorian sigil aside, using his clawed foot to do so.
And then.. he just laid down on the floor.
He brought his knees up to his stomach, folding them tightly and securely, compacting himself into a fetal position as he wrapped himself with his grey chameleon cloak like a child would wrap a blanket around itself.

Small movements brought HK's attention as he tiled his head upwards slightly to see what was approaching him.
Three pairs of beady eyes, large tongues, white fluffs of fur, and small horns greeted him as the three Ropos he shared his office with came out to him.
"Do not worry."
He said in his mechanical monotone, tilting his head down to look ahead of himself as the little creatures surrounded him, pressing up against the material of his cloak, one of them trying to climb on top of his head.
"Droids do not possess feelings."

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
A wisp of wind swam through the ocean of air, twirling around the mighty Spires of Fondor and dissipating among the gathered crowd in front of the Center of Public Awareness. It was a day of celebration, for a new Era would dawn with the Lady Protector’s ascend back into former power. Amongst the cheering crowds, and gossiping folk was a single man with no emotion showing on his face.

I never understood a man’s tendency to cheer when a new power came to be. It stemmed from hope, I guess. Hope that things would turn out differently, that maybe this new persona would be more fit for the job. Maybe, just maybe their lives would be better now. Things would change, and pigs would fly so to speak.

They’d keep cheering, and supporting until they finally figure out it’s all a myth. All a way for the big buds in the big seat to keep their power. When they finally realize this man or woman is the same as the last one, they will stop cheering. Right in time for the next bird to arrive, to sing them the songs of their supposed salvation.

As you might notice, I am not a fan of the authority figures of this world. I will be the first one to concede that I don’t know this Lady Cira, that maybe.. she is different somehow. That she really tries, instead of lining her own pockets. Perhaps she truly cares about the suffering of the common flock.

I am just a man with a gun, aiming and then pulling the trigger. I keep my opinions to myself, and just do my job. Blood is my business, and business is good. I take their credits, and fulfill the contract. It’s the only thing that truly matters in this world, your word and your gun.

Still, I couldn’t help but feel.. just a little cheery. Standing amongst people who truly seemed to be happy would do that to a man. Maybe.. I am losing my edge. Becoming.. civilized. Don’t like this feeling.

But Kriselist was supposed to be the last job. Syd almost died, and sometimes a man’s gotta do what a man’s gotta do. So I kept standing amidst the cheering crowds, listening to the words of one Lord Protector Cater.

An interesting man, giving away a portion of his power.
Most men I knew would have never done that.

Maybe.. the Protectorate was different.

I sighed, and allowed myself to smile just once.

Just.. once.

[member="Cira"] [member="Ayden Cater"] [member="HK-36"]

I was gathered here today as many others were. A meeting that some would call as a social event because of the many questions being asked. Mostly the return or the confirmation that the Lady Protector [member="Cira"] was back and still alive. While others had doubts that she was still alive, I did not. I had a feeling that she was "dead" Really, nobody really knew who the woman, even if she was a woman, was. She was illusive and very much so that I could not keep track of her. And well, being an assassin for years, and killing people for a living with the ability to almost mesh with the environment, I could pick up on a few things, but Cira? No. I could not keep up with her. Truly, I would not even try. As the residing Lord Protector strode up and began to speak I listened.

"Good afternoon. As many of you are aware, a month ago the Protectorate was challenged by the Fringe Confederacy. They attempted to subvert the ruling council on Eriadu and take from us what was not theirs to take. Many lives were lost that day. However, it was a surprise to all when we gained back a life we thought lost to us forever. Former Lady Protector Cira revealed herself to the galaxy, alive and well. And while many celebrated her return, questions began surfacing."

I only smiled behind my faceless mask as he confirmed that she was alive. I twirled my thumbs around each other as I wanted for more to be spoken about everything else that was being said here today.

First, I want to assure you all that I have met with Cira and can confirm her identity. Medical tests have been run and she has been found to be the same woman who helped form this state and whose will and dreams shaped our future. Some have stated a belief that she is the legitimate ruler of the Protectorate and that I should step aside. I have also spoken with her about this and she agrees with me that the line of succession was correctly followed in the wake of her disappearance."

Mummers began to ripple in the crowd that was sitting ahead of me. Being in the back row in the very back to be alone like always, I only smiled as her life was confirmed by blood test. Like many others who may have doubted that, I would have liked to see the blood tests. Saying nothing like always, I continued to listen. "I have called you all here to announce that I will no longer be the sole deciding figure on the Protectorate's policies. I will no longer be the only one responsible for protecting the many worlds that make up this great Protectorate. It is with great pleasure that I announce... The return of Lady Protector Cira."

I smiled as the man would be taking a step down. Sure, it was expected that he would. The man had done alot in her absence. He deserved a break. I would have offered him my ship to take and maybe leave for a few years to settle down. But I had a feeling that the man, [member="Ayden Cater"], would decline my offer. Since it seems like Cira had done the same. As well as myself. I might have to buy him a beer or something later on.

Alas, the burden was her’s to carry anew.

But this time it would not be alone.

Slowly, the familiar hourglass figure of the titan mane Lady Protector came ambling towards Ayden, the roar of cheers and spectators alike threatening to overwhelm.

The faintest of smiles would linger upon her lips, a cordial greeting. Her right hand would rise and she would wave to the masses a that roar grew into a massive thunderous sound.

That small bracelet with the seal of the Selab would glint lightly under the sun.

Speech? Ah there were always speeches. [member="Ayden Cater"] was the one who was better suited for such instances. At that moment, she missed Tegaea’s presence.

Her raised hands would quell the noise of the crowd. Finally she spoke.

Not ten years ago, I stood before you, and in it along with the late Exarch Alcori and the Lord Protector Cater, we gave you a promise.

A promise that in it we would bring light to a four hundred year darkness. That we would once again, as in ages past, grant safe passage to every traveler upon Protectorate hyperlanes. That the fear of the Bando Gora, Warlords, Pirates, and Sith Tyranny would no longer hold true within Protectorate space.

On Eriadu, that promise held true. Stronger than ever before -- but that strength comes from each and every one of you. Not a Lord or Lady Protector, but by Protectorate Citizens themselves.

By the Omega Defense Force, by the local militia, by each and every citizen willing to fight to protect their homes and families and do what is right.

Together, we resolved that a great nation must care for the vulnerable, and protect its people from the galaxy’s worst hazards and misfortune.

Through it all, we have never relinquished our skepticism of central authority, nor have we succumbed to the fiction that all society’s ills can be cured through government alone. Our celebration of initiative and enterprise, our insistence on hard work and personal responsibility, these are constants in our character.

But we have always understood that when times change, so must we; that fidelity to our founding principles requires new responses to new challenges; that preserving our individual freedoms ultimately requires collective action.

In that I have faith in each and every one of you to aide me and the Lord Protector to ensure it.

Right now the Republic is in a midst of a war against a tyrant body seeking to destroy democracy and bright it under One Sith rule. This is a threat that affects us all, has affected us already, in the wake of the attack at a Fondor Shipyard not mere months ago.

Here, I make another promise. That the One Sith shall pay for their crimes. For their actions against our citizens, against the Protectorate, and against our allies.

Already, we have begun investigations to snuff out those in league with the One Sith. We have pledged our aide to the Republic at Carida, and we have come together in unity to ensure the preservation of liberty within our territories.

She gave a pause, and in the next words she quoted what the former S.A.A.T Rogue Master, Karen Roberts, had said long ago. Words had never been spoken as true as what the blue haired woman had said then.

There is no peace between the light and dark. Forever they shall be at war and eternal is their progress. Stand firm and know ourselves. For in the fire’s of this eternal conflict, we choose. We choose and we are remade. We choose and we are reborn. We die and yet we extinguish not. For like war, we are eternal too. We. Continue still.

So make no mistake. War is the inheritance of all of the Protectorate’s members. And we shall rule it still. Just as we rule this side of space. With justice. Temperance. Patience. And with the sword.

Our peace is the peace of self. Of knowing who we are and what we stand for. Our peace is the peace of mind, the peace of the heart, and the peace of the soul. We are the peace of nature and of her stars. The order that shall ascend. The light that shall endure.

For we are fighters. Warriors all.

We are Omega. And we are not afraid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom