Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Pledge Myself To Your Teachings

"Comfort is just as important when it's an option!" She said smiling, her hand twisting the knob to her bedroom door, giving it a bit of a push to swing it open with just enough force to fully open without smacking against the inner wall. The blonde gave a yawn and tilted her neck, her right arm extending outward while the other curled at the elbow in a much needed stretch. Jamie wandered toward the dresser, turning back to Keira to address the girl's desire to share only some of her history with her. "Only some?" Her left hand came to meet the bit of hair that had fallen in front of her face, brushing it back with two fingers behind her ear. "Come on, I'm not a child, I can handle it." Turning back she pulled open the first drawer, hands sifting through various colored garments until she pulled from the neatly organized pile a white contoured tank and setting it on top of the dresser. "Besides, losing your arm during training? That seems like something I should hear!"

A light push of her hand and the momentum carried the drawer closed as she bent slightly to pull open the one just beneath the first. A moment or two later and out came a pair of black compression shorts. Satisfied she pushed the drawer closed with her hip and addressed Keira again, first gesturing with her hand for the girl to come in and close the door so she could change. "You've certainly been through a lot more than I have, so whatever kind of heads up I can get going into this the better, right?" Jamie crossed her hands at the waist and pulled the top she'd been wearing up and off, dropping it on the floor for the time being. She then proceeded to pull along the fabric of her pants at the left and right thighs to kind of wiggle herself free and step out of them as they hit the floor.

"What ended up happening with that?" The blonde was curious about the circumstances surrounding the loss of her master's arm, while hoping that the same fate wouldn't be in store for her in the near or even distant future. As she pulled the shorts from the top of the dresser and pulled them up and on, adjusting it to her form she added, "Besides of course the cybernetic replacement."

[member="Keira Ticon"]

Reaching up with a hand Keira tapped the side of her head with a crooked smile. "The worst scars are up here. Anything I have on my body is only a consequence of those." They were the ones she was hesitant to spin the tales of, unwilling to manifest the beginnings of cobwebs in the mind of one so young. "I'll tell you those stories another time, when you can sit down properly to hear them. They aren't something I like to talk about in every day conversation, and I don't think you're as ready for them as you think." That wasn't meant as an insult, but rather a statement of fact. None were prepared to experience any kind of trauma, regardless of whether it was through the party that went through it. She wanted Jamie to be able to live a relatively carefree life for as long as possible.

"I'd like to think you don't have to worry about preparing for half the stuff I've gone through." If fate was kind neither of them would have to worry about that, but she knew better than most that was rarely the case. For a moment she studied her left arm, its jet black exterior separating it starkly from the rest of her. "I wasn't apprenticed to the guy that did it originally. This was awhile ago, remember. When I was nineteen. I'd just left the Jedi three years earlier and thought I was unstoppable, and I guess I still do. Corellian attitude and all that." It wasn't that she was trying to dance around the real heart of things, because this was a rather tame memory. She was simply reliving the past even as she told it.

"The Ravens had a sort of fight club where you'd post a note saying that you wanted a fight, and whoever responded would be up against you in the ring. I was smart enough to think fighting a Gen'Dai would be a good idea, and as a Padawan no less. It was a one-sided fight to say the least, and he ended up giving me the scar on my jaw as well. By the end he'd grabbed be by the arm and had me up in the air, and thought it'd be a nice parting gift to crush the bone and leave it useless. Got the replacement, and soon enough he offered to train me. It was him that brought me to Masterhood, and now here we are." It was quite the boring tale without all the ups and downs, truth be told, but that was all there was to say about it.

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Jamie listened quietly to Keira speak while she snatched up her shirt from where she'd placed it only moments ago atop the dresser. Fiddling with it for a few seconds she scrunched the fabric up so that it fit entirely between her two hands before pulling her head through the top and sliding her arms through. Pulling it down and over her waist she adjusted the contoured design so that it was appropriately fitting, fanning it out with her hands to ensure it looked neat.

The blonde then leaned over and looked at her reflection through the dresser mirror, adjusting her hair by twisting it and balling it into a tight bun that sat atop her head in an almost comical way, but would ensure that her neck was kept free of hair and allow herself to keep relatively cool when they finally got to running.

Keira certainly had a vastly different life and upbringing than Jamie. The younger girl was sheltered and hidden away from the worst the galaxy had to offer while Keira was seemingly thrown into chaos from the get go. Having learned dramatically powerful lessons, endured traumatic losses and injury, and even mastered many talents far before her new student it was almost painfully embarrassing to Jamie that she was so inexperienced with life in general.

"Okay." She said while Keira explained her belief that Jamie wasn't quite ready to hear what she had locked away in her mind. "If you say so."

It wasn't quite something Jamie had any right questioning. If Keira wanted to share it she would. She trusted the woman enough that she wouldn't press the issue if she felt it wasn't the right time. "You're certainly a lot more brazen than I would be. Going into blind fights for the sake of a challenge and maybe some credits? Were credits even involved? Or what was the purpose of these fights? Just for sport?" For a moment she wondered if Keira was trying to get rich or just prove a point. It hardly seemed like the girl was simply foolish, though maybe age had taught her better and perhaps she was like Jamie years ago.

"So this Gen'dai almost killed you, then offered to teach you? That seems like a dangerous prospect if you ask me." The idea of trusting someone not to kill you a second time didn't sit quite right with her, even if it were just due to the situation of the sport and the circumstances, killing someone was quite different from knocking them out of a fight.

Jamie slipped back into a pair of running shoes and gave a spin on her heels to present herself to Keira. "All ready to go!" She said, smiling.

[member="Keira Ticon"]

There was no mistaking that the two of them were raised in completely opposite homes. Where Jamie had been born into a sort of noble house on Naboo Keira was the daughter of a crime lord and his wife, being born into a crime family on Corellia, aware of this fact from the moment she was able to comprehend just what it meant. This lent her a perspective far different than that most children held, as she was exposed to less than legal activity nearly from day one. Perhaps it was that alone which had sparked the turn of events that led her to all the deplorable choices she would make later down the line, or maybe there was another spark that set off that particular conflagration. Regardless, none could argue her early life had been less than typical.

"There were credits involved." Sometimes, and that was typically only when others placed bets on the matches themselves. But Jamie didn't necessarily need to know that much. Some things were better left unsaid. "It was mostly for the challenge, I won't lie. In the criminal underworld you constantly have to better yourself just to stay alive, and that was one of the best ways to go about that." Well, perhaps not the best, but it was better than learning the hard way in a live combat zone. She would have much rather lost her arm where she could receive immediate medical attention rather than having to possibly wait hours on end. Those silver linings were oftentimes the sole difference between life and death.

Shrugging one shoulder, she gestured with her head for the girl to walk beside her as they continued to speak. "I don't think he was really trying to kill me. If that had been the case, I would have been dead a long time ago. And he didn't necessarily offer to teach me, either. I approached him about it, and we made a mutual agreement of sorts. We continued to have sparring matches like that regularly, and eventually I got the point where I could hold my own against him rather well. Never got a chance to win, though." Not that she had expected to, necessarily. By that time they had reached the beginning of one of the many trails that led about the facility, and she looked to Jamie. "On your mark."

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

The blonde took in what Keira said with great care. The two had come from starkly contrasted backgrounds. What was as normal as day for Keira was blindingly different from the norm that Jamie had grown up with. Order, structure, and organization were the highlights of Jamie's days, with sides of schooling, self-presentation, and upper class etiquette and mannerisms to compliment her upbringing. While on the other hand Keira had learned life and lessons through violence, aggression, self-trials and tribulations, thievery, and chaos. The two couldn't have come from further polar opposite conditions and yet somehow they both understood the other well enough to form some kind of strange sisterly bond.

Approaching the start of what would become their exercise in running, Jamie heard Keira say the words on your mark. That singular moment gave the girl a devious idea, one she was certain Keira would both appreciate and find humorous in a way she may not have expected from her younger student. Jamie leaned closer to Keira, as if about to whisper a secret, then suddenly pushed with the intent to stall or off balance Keira as she sprinted off quickly away while shouting back through that momentary advantage. "Go!" Though she said only a single word, it was almost too hard to even get out, as she began immediately laughing uncontrollably as she pushed her legs to carry her quickly away, despite knowing that Keira would likely catch up sooner or later.

[member="Keira Ticon"]

A crooked grin was her only response when Jamie knocked her off-balance, and for a moment Keira just watched her run ahead, not moving to catch up or interfering in the least. This was the sort of youthful abandon she didn't realize she had missed up until this point, the sort that accompanied a lighthearted carelessness with the larger conflicts of the galaxy. Perhaps in that manner they could teach the other, Jamie lending her ability to simply exist without a care, while she expended her knowledge of the more deadly arts. This was a strange sisterhood indeed, and she wondered absently how she had come about so many people she genuinely cared for that felt the same - or, well she liked to think they did - in return. Life certainly was strange.

And then she seemed to remember just where she was, without a word taking off, not augmenting her speed so as to keep things entirely fair between them. There would soon be a time where Jamie wouldn't require any sort of head start in order to best her, and she was ready and willing for that to happen. For now, however, the high ground was her own, and she matched pace with the girl after a few minutes, running beside her and flashing a smile. Endurance was key, and she seemed to possess that along with the underhanded tricks needed to keep it up and wear down that of her opponent. But there were far more tricks to learn.

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

As Keira began to slowly catch up to Jamie the blonde let out an excited laugh, causing her to stumble a step or two just before Keira reached her and smiled back. "Sorry!" She started, still trying to hold back the laughter as the two continued their run down the trail. The dirt underfoot kicked up and behind as the two made their way slowly down the long, winding course. Trees jutted into the sky on either side, closing in the trail and thus making it difficult to spot by anyone searching by air. The dense woods surrounding the compound provided a wonderful scenery, complimented by the scent of pine and the chirping of various birds. Occasionally the sound of a beast in the distance could be heard, likely chasing after small prey to feast upon. High above the trees one could see the peaks of the mountains looming overhead.

"You said to use every advantage earlier, so that's what I did!" She finally said, finishing her thought as she steadied her breath and evened up her pace with Keira. One thing the blonde was notably proficient with was steady breathing. It made her more athletic when it came to endurance running. While she was neither particularly strong nor intimidating, she made up for it in precision and stamina. To her it felt an even trade, one she even preferred, thus never putting much stock in physical workouts using weights or similar training equipment.

[member="Keira Ticon"]

"Don't apologize." Her laugh mingled with Jamie's own, just as breathless, and she shook her head. "That's something you should be proud of." Survival was what Keira wished to emphasize in the beginning phases of her training, even if it required unorthodox means to achieve that many who had tutored her previously would have condemned. The causes that would accompany such a mindset would come later, and they were something Jamie would have to discover for herself. For the moment her life would be the most precious commodity, and given her young age and relative inexperience it was something that required the most amounts of preservation. "Moves like that create an opening. Openings mean you live another day."

Nodding ahead of them, she indicated the bend in the trail that would be reached within the next few minutes. Down a slope before they turned off onto the rest of the trail the plains opened up at the bottom, creating a fairly isolated area ideal for most any sort of activity or exercise. It was already clear to her that Jamie required little practice in the way of her endurance, and so for the moment it would be a waste of time to continue. Something was needed to work on that would push her, if just for a little while, driving her to be better than she was. "I want you to think about something you'd like to work on that's important. Once we reach that bend we'll stop, and you can let me know."

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Jamie pondered Keira's words as they ran parallel with one another towards the bend in the trail a ways away. There was so much she didn't know, and even more things she didn't know she didn't know that it was an almost daunting task in and of itself to think of something to better herself on. Still, there would be no progress if she didn't do as the elder girl said, push herself to do and learn more. There were countless applications for the Force, and an even more limitless knowledge of it to be learned that one could hardly hope to master everything that it had to hide. Had there ever been any being to fully master and control the Force? Both light and dark? She wondered that single question to herself for almost two whole minutes, and despite her lack of knowledge in almost every aspect of the Force, she concluded that it was not possible for any one mortal to fully comprehend everything that the mysterious energy surrounding all things could do. What she could do however, was begin to collect a mental library of things readily available to her, both practical and theoretical of the Force for the future. She'd learned that some used the Force to instinctively pilot with grace and elegance while others used it to perform subterfuge or interrogation. Even more used it for combat, but there was so much more.

"I want you to show me the power of the Force. Light, dark. I want to understand the gravity of its' capabilities from someone stronger than I. Someone with a greater connection." The idea seemed almost preposterous to her. "I want you to use it on me so that I understand to the fullest what others, and hopefully eventually, I will be capable of." Jamie wasn't sure if this was going to be taken as some kind of absurd request, but she wanted, no, had to know and understand. "I need to be able to gauge my own strength and yours. I need it so that I do not unintentionally hurt those I try to protect, and I need it so that I do not intentionally kill those I do not intend."

[member="Keira Ticon"]

No response was so much as attempted before the both of them came to a mutual stop at the designated point, and even then Keira allowed a moment for the both of them to collect themselves and return entirely to the present moment. When she did deign to speak her voice had taken on a different tone, not regretful per se, but certainly serious and meant to be listened to. "You don't want me to use the full extent of my power manifested in any way against you. Whenever I do that, people are either hurt or they die, which is my intention under those circumstances. There isn't a need for you to go through that in order to learn what you'll be capable of. Learning by example is more productive and less dangerous." And far more practical. She wouldn't teach quite like her old mentor.

For a moment she considered her own strength, allowing that raw, untamed power to become malleable in her core. Wordlessly she let it radiate outwards, allowing Jamie to sense it in its entirety. "You will hold strength like this as your own one day. Perhaps more refined than my own, but it will be at your fingertips. It's the road to getting there that's another matter altogether." There was still the question of a demonstration of her capabilities, and while that wouldn't come about in quite the way Jamie had imagined it, she would do her best to fulfill it regardless. "I'll see what I can do about arranging a sparring match with a friend of mine, [member="Connor Harrison"]. Then you can see what I'm capable of with most all stops pulled."

Looking down at her hands, she flexed her fingers. "There's a lot that can be done that I'll bet you haven't even thought of. A lot of dangerous, deadly things that I probably have too much experience with. I've crushed rib cages and throats, broken necks and jaws, and stopped hearts beating still inside their host. I've killed people. A lot of people." There was no point in sugarcoating it. "But I've also saved people from butchers like the Sith, stood in the way of enemy fire so nobody else had to, challenged the evil of this galaxy so that innocents have a chance at survival." The good and bad she had done balanced in some strange manner, but she knew that didn't make her any kind of saint in the least. She wasn't fallen any longer, but her metaphorical wings were most certainly tarnished.

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Perhaps Jamie didn't quite yet understand the severity or the gravity of the power in the Force. Her shoulders slumped, slightly disappointed. What she was after was an acute understanding as to the raw manifestations of the Force and its' applications when used. To her, being exposed to that power was the only real way to completely understand something. It seemed to her that Keira wasn't willing to subject her to that for fear that she might actually kill her. While certainly concerning, it was still disappointing to hear that she'd have to sit sidelined during a sparring match against Keira's friend, an equal footed master, to see what she was after. "Alright." She said quietly, her eyes staring down at the ground while she continued listening to Keira.

"I'm sure that anything you've done was for the sake of those you cared about or needed to protect. I've never killed anyone. Never found myself in that kind of situation where it was do or die. I don't know that even if I were, whether I would be able to theoretically pull the trigger, so to speak." Her head raised, looking to Keira as she rubbed away small beads of sweat from her face. "Life is a precious thing. Taking it is something that can't be undone, and it never washes away. I don't if I have that kind of mindset where I can build walls to keep out that type of mental torment."

It wasn't the act of killing someone she feared, but the act of living with what she'd done for the rest of her life that caused her duress. The idea of it being necessary was discomforting. Some naive part of her still believed that she could play the hero without taking a life, to force those who sought to cause her and others harm to surrender and to change. That was the girl in her heart, and that was dangerous.

[member="Keira Ticon"]

The reasons for the death caused by her own hands weren't always as noble as Jamie liked to believe, but it wasn't quite the proper time to delve into the specific details unless asked. "I'm going to let you in on a secret: no one's ever really ready to take the life of another sentient. It's not something we're prepared for on any level, but that doesn't mean it won't happen eventually. Just understand that if that time comes, you can't allow yourself to hesitate. When it's between nothing more than your survival and that of another, do what you can to make sure you get out alive." That might have been more of a selfish train of thought than what most would impose upon their student, but she wasn't exactly the most typical teacher either.

Her eyes slid shut for a moment, and Keira took a deep breath in order to center herself, determining just how to go about this conversation. It was a surprisingly difficult one for her to take part in, but she would do so, if just for the sake of the knowledge it would provide. "It's not something you ever really learn to live with. Instead you get good at pushing it away until eventually it doesn't bother you anymore, but that can be dangerous. You never want to take life unnecessarily. Don't risk yourself trying to find an alternative if there isn't one, but don't kill somebody just because you're able either. It's a fine balance even I've had trouble finding." There had been a time where she killed others for simply getting in her way, and it was a mindset she had no desire to return to.

"There's going to come a day when you're standing across from someone who's hellbent on making sure you don't walk away, and then you'll have to choose. Fight or flight. Live or die. I don't want to alarm you, but I want you to know what you're getting into. I was raised in a world where life was fickle, and maybe that was a blessing in disguise when it comes to where I am now." Her brow furrowed, and she shook her head. "I don't know. I just want you to be better than I am. And hopefully I'm doing a good job at that."

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Jamie smiled partway. It wasn't that Keira didn't make sense in what she was describing with regard to making sure not to hesitate if one was in fear for their life, but how exactly she would know for certain one way or the other was a whole other story. Would it ever be so cut and dry? After all, people were unpredictable if nothing else. The idea of ending another being's life to save her own skin made perfect sense, she wasn't in any hurry whatsoever to be put in the ground so to speak, but she also cherished life. That was her goal, to protect life, specifically those who could not otherwise protect their own. Is that possible to do without killing? Perhaps her lack of experience hindered her own wisdom and blinded her to truths of the galaxy. Perhaps she was blissfully ignorant or naive. Whatever it was though, she found it incredibly difficult to tear herself from that manner of thinking, no matter the words that Keira spoke. All she could hope for was that she would make the right choices when push came to shove and lives were truly on the line, instead of hypothetically.

"I got you." She said finally, after what likely seemed an eternity of silence. What else was there to say, really? She understood. She also knew Keira could likely see, feel, and sense her timidness in that regard, but it was a part of her core being, and a simple discussion on the matter wouldn't be enough to truly change her. Something to that scale would require a catalyst. "You mean killing for revenge?" She questioned, referring to Keira's difficulty in finding balance between killing for the sake of it and the need of it. It was hard for her to imagine Keira killing someone for the simple reason of being able to. It just didn't seem to fit her. She'd been incredibly good to Jamie, so perhaps that skewed her vision of the elder girl a bit.

"I don't need to be better than you. But I appreciate the sentiment. I just want to be able to control myself, what I can do, and not be a burden. Instead, I'd like to be that help, instead of in need of it."

[member="Keira Ticon"]

"I mean killing for the simple fact that you're capable of taking life. I mean killing just because someone got in your way. I mean killing for no real reason at all, other than the one you attempt to rationalize. I mean killing because you think it's your only option. Because you think there's no other way." That was what Keira had been reduced to for years, and she willed nothing of it on anyone, least of all her apprentices. The bond between mentor and student was akin to something nearly familial; far be it from her to shatter such a thing. And so these words of warning were imparted with good intentions, if just to make an attempt at dissuading the girl from following a path that would lead her towards nothing more than an untimely and violent end.

Her smile this time was wholly natural in every aspect, and she nodded, running a hand through her hair. "You're already getting there, don't worry. You've only just begun your journey. There's far more to help you in every category you mentioned and more." She had the utmost confidence in Jamie's ability, even if they came from backgrounds that made them polar opposites and, in other's minds, likely made one more suited to this sort of lifestyle than the other. But everyone could learn with a little time and training. "And believe me, everyone's in need of help one way or another, even those of us that have supposedly completed our training. I'll be far more concerned the day you think you know it all."

This wasn't quite the sort of training either had likely had in mind, but it seemed to be reaping just as much reward as anything else thus far. Sometimes the best kinds of lessons weren't those immediately applicable. Or maybe she was just getting old and growing soft. "I don't mean better than me as in more talented. I mean better so that you don't make the same mistakes I have that led me on this path in the first place. Because you deserve something a lot more than what I have. And I'm going to make damn sure you get it."

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

That was something the blonde hadn't quite thought about. She was wholly aware that there were certain villainous types out there in the galaxy that would bring harm to others seemingly for no other reason than to flex both ego and muscle, to make an example and rise themselves to power under the guise of fear mongering and violence. Jamie refused to believe she could be capable of such abhorrent acts of evil. To her someone would need to have lost all morality, compassion, and empathy, to become a monster, in order to cause such pain. Despite that, the belief that any one person was wholly evil seemed silly to her. Nobody could be entirely consumed by such animosity to forsake all. There was always something that clung to the heart, whether it be love, family, an object or place, or even an idea. It was an odd ideology that those who wielded the dark side of the Force were inherently evil, or gravitated towards such, and that those who wielded the light side were genuinely good. "The choices we all make dictate our own self-image, but that doesn't mean we are incapable of doing evil, or performing acts of kindness and love. Nobody can be past redemption."

Keira's encouragement meant quite a bit, and the change of subject was welcome and appreciated by her student. Jamie's smile returned to meet her elder's, even laughing for a few moments at the concern for Jamie one day potentially claiming to know everything there was to know. "I think the only way I could ever claim such a thing would be if I were the last known Force user in the galaxy. Then I think that would at least be partially accurate."

It was turning out to be a rather interesting day, one filled more with philosophies and ideas than anything physical. Discussing the intricacies of the galaxy, and just talking in general with Keira was fun for her. It was rather unheard of for someone older than Jamie to both teach and speak to her more as a friend than an authoritative figure. She had both respect and admiration for her in that aspect. That revelation gave her an idea. "Hey, maybe we can skip the rest of today and just relax and do something fun? There's gotta be something on this planet we can do!"

[member="Keira Ticon"]

For a moment Keira chewed the inside of her lip, brow furrowing slightly as she considered the idea of redemption and how fickle a thing it truly was. After all, even hers hadn't been perfect, and she had come close to relapsing to the dark far too many times to count. "Redemption is difficult to categorize for every individual. It worked for me, but someone else who suffered similar circumstances might not find that they're capable of finding something resembling the light again. I still have days where turning back to the dark seems like an easier and more profitable thing. Because it's not just a one time thing. Redemption is something we all have to work towards every day, no matter who and where we are. I'm still struggling with it, too."

One shoulder lifted in a shrug. "Consider yourself ahead of some of the people I've run into in my life, then. Arrogance isn't something you want to let possess you entirely. Confidence is good, but don't err too far. That'll only get you into trouble, and believe me, I know all about that." Her own overconfidence had landed her in less than favorable situations more times than she could count, and those were just the ones she could recall offhand. But perhaps it was a good thing Jamie had found herself a teacher who had made a number of the mistakes she would find herself warned against previously. There was a silver lining to be gleaned from everything, after all.

"Could go swimming. I'm afraid there's not much for municipal areas around here. This planet's been more or less dedicated to the army. We've got a few trails, lots of open areas, some trees and a handful of lakes nearby." Her crooked smile was almost sheepish in nature. "Bit different than what you're used to, I'm sure, but this makes for a good military environment. I guess I've just adjusted."

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Jamie's face lit up. "Swimming sounds good to me!" There was hardly a time she would ever turn down an opportunity to get some relaxation in a pool of water. Naboo had countless lakes and forests so it wasn't quite as much of an adjustment as if she were born on say, Coruscant. The major difference was simply that there was a massive army stationed here, whereas Naboo had only a security force and small Navy comprised of fighters and a few cruisers. It wasn't the type of world to dedicate to military funding. A democratic monarchy located far outside the core rarely saw war, and when it came, the people were generally neutral to whatever conflict was ongoing.

"Gives us some time to just talk." There was so much about Keira she was curious about that there simply hadn't been time to really ask. Perhaps they could both get the others full story in a laid back situation, rather than while attempting to lift rocks or trade blows. "The waters on Cartao aren't like the deep water trenches of Naboo, right? We're not gonna be swimming with Colo Claws or Opee Sea Killers?" She laughed, dusting off her sand covered legs, kneeling down to tie her shoe after noticing it partially unlaced. "I'm not much for being devoured."

[member="Keira Ticon"]

Laughing quietly, Keira motioned for Jamie to follow, moving off the trail towards a lake not too far off. "No, there's nothing like that here. There should be a small shed on the lakeside where the men and women of the army store their water gear, so we should have clean towels, and likely a wetsuit if you want one. I'll just stick with what I have." When they reached the lakeside she led the way to where equipment was stored, motioning to where the wetsuits were hung, gathering two towels so they were able to dry off once it was all said and done. "You should be able to find one your size. I'll let you have some privacy." With that she flashed a smile, stepping outside and meandering her way to the shore, setting the towels down in the grass.

Without much pause she levered off her running shoes, pulling off her socks as well so she was standing barefoot in the grass. Next she pulled off her shirt, leaving just her sports bra and shorts, which remained. For a few seconds she considered her cybernetic arm, running her right hand lightly over where it merged with the rest of her at the shoulder. There was hardly any sensation left at that area, and so her fingers brushing across the skin barely registered. She flexed the fingers of her left hand, rolling that shoulder and shaking off that moment of introspection. She was here to train, and to relax, not regret or manifest what-ifs about her past. And it was that she would do her best to accomplish.

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Jamie gave a nod, taking a peek into the shed and a gander at the equipment available. Tapping her index finger of her left hand against the bottom of her chin she skimmed along the shelves, curious to know if they had a particular piece of aquatic gear she could use. The wetsuit wasn't something she was entirely concerned with, her shorts would suffice. When the blonde was about ready to give up she found them.

Aha! She thought to herself, a smile pulling at her cheeks as she scooped up two of the small devices. When she stepped out she saw that Keira had already set down the towels and kicked off her shoes and taken off her shirt. "Look! I found a few of these in there." She extended her hand, a simple pair of rebreathers in her palm. "I used these whenever I'd visit the Gungan cities. Quite handy!" Kneeling down she placed hers on the towel and proceeded to follow suit, taking off her shoes and placing each sock in its' proper shoe. The blonde pulled at the waistline of her shirt and over her head which she then neatly folded and set atop the pair of shoes.

With a nod she turned to Keira. "Ready!" The girl looked around for a moment, as if she was looking for something. When she found it her face lit up with a bright smile and wide eyes. Without a word she pushed the rebreather into her mouth and scurried over to a tree with a thick overhanging branch above the water. "Coming?" She'd ask, though continued onward regardless, climbing up the trunk of the tree, balancing herself with calculated precision towards the edge of the branch before diving off and into the water, sending droplets of liquid up into the air and ripples across the calm water.

[member="Keira Ticon"]

For a handful of seconds Keira weighed the rebreather in her palm, seemingly lost in her own thoughts for a moment. Here was one with her who was, in comparison to the elder, entirely innocent to the greater dangers of the galaxy where she had been anything but at her age. Jamie had had something more akin to a carefree life, whereas she had been pushed into things nearly from the beginning. It was a strange juxtaposition, and it only seemed to completely dawn on her right then that she was in some way responsible for shaping this other individual and helping to mold who she would become. Fething hell.

Not wanting, or perhaps unwilling to lend further thought to such a thing she placed the rebreather in her mouth, jumping up onto the branch of the same tree with a Force aided leap. Momentarily she considered the drop before stepping off, entering the water feet first with her arms crossed across her chest in order to make the entrance as seamless as possible. Quickly she found her bearings underwater, propelling herself forward with ease, doing her best to locate Jamie so they could perhaps learn more of each other, as had been suggested.

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom