Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I of the Storm

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
This was dangerous ground and she knew it. She could scare him away if she wasn't careful. She glanced up, noting the sun hovering just over the horizon, red-orange through the thin cloud cover. It would be dark soon....

"We don't have to stop traveling," she explained carefully, "But... well, it's nice to have a home base of sorts, isn't it? Even my mother calls this place home, and she rarely visits. I want my children to grow up here, to have a secure home."

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Lor smiled as Rawnie explained, pulling her into a hug when she was done.​
"Is that all? It's not like I was gonna drag a kid around to who-knows-where with us. If you want us to have little Mandos, then little Tal'verda village Mandos they shall be, visahot."
He smirked a little as he thought of Zandra being 'home' here.​
"Besides, anybody who puts up with Zandra should be able to deal with having our little Chiss-Echani kids running around."
[member="Rawnie Tal'verda"]​

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
A hug. Another display of affection. Over his shoulder, she saw one of her vod smirk and raise an eyebrow. She tilted her head slightly at him as if saying, 'well, you know.' When she pulled away, she was smiling.

"We can have kids, right?" she asked as the thought occurred to her, "It's just, I've never seen a half-chiss before. It's physically possible, isn't it?"

She would assume so, but why would she know the specifics? She knew what she needed to know to survive. She wasn't stupid, of course, but her education had been less about science and biology than his probably had been.

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Lor grinned a little stupidly at the smirking Mandalorian. Oh, was he displaying his not-very-well-hidden affection for the woman he was going to marry? Whoops. The question of whether or not Chiss could reproduce with other humanoid species had come up between him and Rawnie before.​
"I'm pretty sure Chiss and Echani are both human offshoots of some sort or another. Same thing with Zeltrons, for example. There are little part-Zeltron babies running around everywhere because the species is just an evolutionary offshoot that somehow needed pheromones to survive."
He squeezed her a little when he finished his explanation.​
"The short answer is yes. I don't think there's anything that'd stop us from being able to have kids."
[member="Rawnie Tal'verda"]

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
Good. She had no problems with adopting if she needed to, of course. Even if they did have a half dozen kids of their own, she'd still probably adopt at some point. Children were orphaned often here. That was the way of things. It was the duty of every stable household to take them in and care for them. Aliit ori'shya tal'din. Family is more than blood. There was a reason that was her favorite saying.

"Marriage first would be ideal though," she laughed, "not that it's necessary, of course."

Accidents happened. Frequently.

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Lor smiled and tapped Rawnie's ring finger gently.​
"At the very least, you'll have a ring before a baby, visahot."
He enjoyed the idea of making the rings for the both of them. Besides the obvious fact that it allowed him to add a few features not so commonly found in jewelry for one's spouse, it felt a little bit like he was finally making something more personal than a gun... Although the offer to give Rawnie his had been a similar gesture.​

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
It wasn't a common practice to give each other rings to symbolize a union, but it wasn't unheard of either. Her mother still wore the ring her father had given her, after all. When ever Rawnie had asked why she wore it, she simply blew a smoke ring at the ceiling and said: "Mhi solus tome, mhi solus dar'tome"

We are one when together, we are one when parted.

Of course, her mothers Mando'a was far from perfect, but she knew her wedding vows by heart. She'd treasured them.

"Remind me later to teach you the vows for the wedding."

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Lor smiled even wider. It seemed like Rawnie liked his idea. He teasingly poked her in her armored stomach.​
"Hey Rawnie. Teach me the vows later."
Sure, that was a childish joke, but whatever. Did he really have other friends to tease like this? No.​

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
Bad joke. Rawnie laughed anyway. Well. After she spoke to Corrin and her Mother, broke the news to them, she could teach him. She had a feeling he'd pick up on it easy enough. If her mother could manage it, he could. Cheunh was already a hard language and he had that down. Mando'a would be simple in comparison.

"Alright," she sighed, "I think we've stalled out here long enough."

She sighed, turned to the giant wooden doors, and pushed.

[member="Doctor Azure"] [member="Corrin Tal'verda"] (( [member="Calico Tal'verda"] , you too, since you never check Corrin unless I bug you enough))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom