Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need your mind. (Dev-Thread.)

Aboard the Sion...

Cavill was alone, clad in a business suit. The glasses of Cade Lee and his ring that masked his power sitting on a table. In the middle of the conference room he stood in was a holo-projector. None of the crew was present, save for one droid piloting the vessel. Their coordinates were unknown, and the vessel was taking random jumps. It's scrambling equipment jamming everything that came within sensor range. Their was one ship that knew where they would be, that one ship that knew where exactly the Sith Lord who ran the largest blaster company in the galaxy would be. The invitation had been sent a day earlier, and Cavill had finished his last meetings with the new investors at the new capital of the Republic after Coruscant had been raised. Many things were in motion, and a design for something great and terrible stood waiting to be opened up. He needed one woman's mind, and her resources to help him out, but the road ahead would be long. Only if she was able to help, and willing.

At the very least, if she wanted to be very rich.

With a wave of his hand, the message came up again for him to read.

[member="Enigma"]
I know we haven't always seen eye-to-eye. I'm not saying this will make things right, but I have something big planned and I need your intelligence. Come alone, and bring whatever you need to feel safe. This is strictly business, try anything and I'll personally end all contact. Enclosed are the coordinates.
Jacen Cavill

[member="Jacen Cavill"]

Well... It seemed that an old face had come to desire a meeting with Circe. This was the first time she had received anything from the former Darth Kryptus in months. The last time she saw him was after their completion of the Mirari droid, prior to them having developed plans for ships and the like. And as he would soon see, she had been exceptionally busy since the last time they had met.

Arriving in system to meet with Jacen was a Marder-class Corvette, one of several Subach owned for testing. This one was Circe's company transport, and she would use it during her rendezvous here with the Sith Lord.

[member="Enigma"]

Daesumnor sat against the wall, a wondeful gift from Rave Merrill. It's dark power emanated from the weapon, and in the darkness it's song of evil joined Kryptus' own power. Gazing out the viewport, he let his senses fall fully in the dark. Blue eyes turned yellow and red, and he began to surge with his own rage. A quick glance at the chronometer told him it was getting close to the appointed hour. "Well, guess she doesn't want money." Silence met his words, and he was about to head up to the cockpit when a warning sounded in the cabin. Moving quickly to the conference table he pulled up the sector map with a life stream of what his sensors were reading. There she is, he thought to himself. Pulling up the communications menu, he opened a live feed to her ship.

"Listen, you have five minutes to get on board or I'm pulling my offer. My time is money, and this project will make more than you've ever seen. So if you intend to elevate yourself and Subach-Innes, you'd do well to hurry." Cavill cut the feed and sat down, he clasped his hands over his lap and waited.

No reply came, but a shuttle docked to the Marder in question uncoupled itself, flying over to the docking bay of the Monitor itself. Docking, the hiss of the doors would indicate that Circe herself was now successfully on board the Monitor in question. Stepping through the vessel, which she was familiar with as Monitors were still found in the Imperial navy, she made her way to the bridge, where she knew [member="Jacen Cavill"] had been waiting.

"It's been a long, long time."

[member="Enigma"]

"It's been a long, long time."

Her words echoed in the small conference room, and Cavill's red eyes merely looked up at her. "About time you showed up." His cool words were formal, and dismissive at the same time. If there was ever a time his former life as a Count of Serreno showed itself, it was in these moments. "Take a seat, we need to talk." A large hand motioned to a chair at the other end of the table near her. With a wave of his hand, the lights dimmed and a large holoprojection lit the room up. On it was a copy of his Hyperion Rifle, then a small image appeared below it. Letting what he was showing sink in for a moment, he clasped his hands across his chest for a moment and just eyed the woman up for a moment. "If you don't know already, I'm working for Blas-Tech Industries now as a a secret ambassador." Motioning at the rifle on the holoprojector, he continued. "Are you familiar with this weapon and it's focused and sustained blasts?"

Cavill knew she did, so he pressed on.

"They are going to make it bigger, and synchronize a few of them on a satellite platform. It's going to revolutionize the way planetary defense is done, for external and surface threats." The display changed to some incomplete schematics. "This will be a joint project, but your company name will not be on this whatsoever. What my boss is offering is credits, for your engineering mind to help the design be ready to build." Another display showed up, with ten billion credits displayed. "That's a lot of funding, and I"m sure your company could use the investment for it's long term and short term growth." The account dissapeared, and the lights came back on. "So, are you in?"

[member="Jacen Cavill"]

"Deal. Subach engineers will gladly get to work, as will myself, on designing you this satellite for use in orbital bombardment." She paused, considering all the circumstances. "What else can I assist you with? Certainly there's more you would like from me than just this simple business deal, which I of course am more than happy to oblige to." She was already thinking of a possible design - something similar to a cube.

[member="Enigma"]

"No, you mistake my intent." Cavill rose to his full height and let the holo's die down. He casually pushed his chair back into the table, and instead paced towards the viewport. "I don't need you to design anything. This is to merely double check to make sure that the Hyperion laser can handle being enlarged. I don't need you to do the design work, you're here in the role of a consultant." Cavill walked over to the ship's console on the table and pressed the comm-button. A droid's buzzing and chirping could be heard as the little astromech piloted the vessel. "Go ahead and blast us to Annaj, I need our guest to see what we've been working on." A few beeps and whistles in the affirmative were all that he needed, and the Sith Lord quickly made his way to take a seat again at the table. As soon as he touched the chair, the ship blasted off into hyperspace, leaving Circe's ship behind for the time being. "I promise it will stay safe."

More schematics popped up, this time of the Hyperion Rifle and it's new larger version.

"You don't have to do anything, besides let me use your storage and transport vessels to move materials. Do you have any pertinent planets I could also mine materials from? If so, I can increase your payment if you do." The Hyperion was the sole focus of what he was talking about, and he stayed on subject. "I need your ideas on how to keep the beam stable, without burning out the power cells or destroying too much." An animation played of the blast decimating a few blocks worth of buildings and targets, then cut to a feed of taking an asteroid down. "These are meant to be security and planetary defense weapons only able to be accessed by the ruler of the planet or system. My boss isn't building a superweapon, merely revolutionizing planetary defense and you are here to help with the designs for the actual device."

"I have something that might be of use to you." Circe smiled, taking a crystal out of her pocket. The crystal in question was from Aurum, where Subach was mining Adegan crystals and energizing them to produce a very powerful power source. "This is an energy crystal. One of these when fully charged should be enough to provide you the necessary power to make a good shot. As for a design - the best option would likely be to minimize the number of beam emitters focused together into the composite beam." A smile crossed her lips as she thought things over. "I have a facility on Dubrillion, located near the site of the old Imperial superlaser complex. Maybe some of the data from their computers will provide an adequate composite-beam arrangement."

[member="Jacen Cavill"]

[member="Enigma"]

"My boss himself was thinking of a tri or quad composite beam emplacement on the satellites. This will ensure the beam is stable, and keeps the power draw nice and balanced." Cavill had to pause for a moment, it was exhausting speaking of one's self in the third person all the time. Circe didn't need to know who the real head of Blas-Tech Industries was, but feth this was giving him a headache. His thoughts finally regrouped, he laid both his arms on the table and locked eyes with the woman on the other side of the table. "My boss is amendable to going to check old design schematics, and we can do that after we visit the location on Annaj I was discussing earlier." There were other things going on, many different layers to this encounter that she didn't understand. Pieces of the puzzle were fitting into place, and he didn't mention he was already about to start mining for a certain mineral used in making superweapons. Instead, he got up and left the room, taking Daesumnor with him.

An hour later...

Standing in the Annaj Facility.

"As you can see, the array is solid. Now, do you think the actual outsourced station will be durable enough to hold up the lasers and their power when they blast?" Not a single scientist was around, they knew to leave the massive Sith Lord alone. It was never a good sign when the security cameras started to explicitly follow him, and all the other hidden security measures in the plant were activated. Tapping on one of the prototype composite beams, he looked at his fellow Sith. "Well, you've been silent for a while. What do you have to offer to this project, my boss isn't throwing that many credits at you for nothing."

[member="Jacen Cavill"]

"You need to think inside the box here." She paused, pulling out a simple design schematic, a simple holographic representation of the design appearing as she walked around it. "Cube shape. Why? Because you want to manufacture the frame out of one piece of duranium. Easiest way to do that is to cast it into a cube shape. To decrease the power as much as you can, the beam emitters need to be mounted as far to the corners of the satellite as possible, in order to maximize the time the initial beams are exposed to space, thus cooling them down and acting as a temper to their destructive capability." She placed the energy crystal she had brought with her inside of the hologram, pulling it away to leave a holographic representation of the crystal imbedded inside the design. "This individual crystal is capable of providing this station more power than a dozen of your standard power packs. Thus, the best option is to focus on letting the hull of the station fit shields for defensive protection instead of hull plating, and using a thin or porous material like fiberplast to allow for maximum head dissipation in the least amount of time. Again, we're talking about energy crystals here - they'll provide more than enough shielding for individual platforms." She paused, disabling the hologram and moving to say one more thing.

"One last idea... make them connectable to one another. They're just cubes - you can always build bigger cubes out of them."

[member="Jacen Cavill"]

[member="Enigma"]'s idea barely even had the Sith Lord ponder for but a moment. "Do you really think this project is in the infancy? That my boss would bring me along to brainstorm?" Cavill's eyes flared a bit as he bristled at the other Sith's ideas, and his disdain for them couldn't be anymore unclear. Rage crossed his otherwise regal face, and it made it appear predatory. All around him, the workers started to cower. The terentanek duster he wore hid the pair of lightsabers, as well as his Echani graphite weapons. All the various gauntlets he had were housed as well, but everyone could see that the two meter tall warrior was growing more and more agitated with the woman who had accompanied him. Darkness was almost growing palpable around him as his displeasure saturated the Force, further bending to Darth Kryptus' will as he let himself sink further into the abyss.

"You will work within the confines of what you have been given or you will watch your commission shrink further by the bad idea." She didn't need to know that Cavill himself had designed these with the help of the brightest minds in the galaxy, and that the prototype stage was nearing in the Tion Cluster. "All of these are for planetary defense and pacification of threats on the surface of a world and any external threats it can handle." Cavill marched off for a bit before he grabbed the sword sheathed over his shoulder. Daesumnor glistened in the light, and a red glow formed around the silver blade. It's power reverberated around and with Cavill, and all around lost their minds as they ran away in fear.

"You've given one bad idea, give another and I"ll make sure the only thing you can talk to for all eternity is the inside of my sword."

"I don't know anything about your sword, and at the moment, I don't care to know. I'm here for business, not to exchange the traditional Sith antagonism. I could've visited Rave Merrill had I wanted to do so, so let's keep this development going, okay? For science." She paused, eying the physical structure of the composite-beam array currently in place. "Even if you used a more heat-dissipating material of the same thickness, or thinned the armor by around five to ten percent, the individual platform would be sturdy enough to survive." She paused. "You mentioned utilizing a quad or a tri-emitter. For production models, the quad is definitely the better option. Even if you place the beams as far apart as possible, while still maintaining an equal distance to the focal point between the three of them, you'll have around twenty-five percent more firepower than the tri-beamed version. Of course, you did mention damage control, so the tri-beam may be more to your liking. Your choice."

Hopefully, any input she was to provide would be useful in development of the final version.

[member="Jacen Cavill"]

Jacen took Daesumnor and put it right back in it's sheath on his back, the foul expression finally leaving his face. Thick arms crossed over his powerful chest as he silently listened, and mulled over what she said. She's actually right, he thought to himself as he looked at the specifications she was pulling her ideas from. [member="Enigma"] was currently earning her pay now, she had led him to multiple sources from with which to mine materials, and find data, and now this. Jacen had never been worried about the thickness of the satellites armor, that had been a Santhe idea from the start. Walking a little closer to the table, he pulled up more specifications of the actually power core of the satellites they were working on presently and their blaster arrays. "My boss seems rather fond of that quad-cannon array, gives better power draw which will allow for more shots." Her rhetoric about watching for collateral damage was falling on deaf ears, there were limits yes, but this was shock and awe at it's finest. What they were going to make wasn't a superweapon, but simply the greatest crime deterrent ever.

"Your ideas on the shields and body of the satellite are noted. As are the observations on which Hyperion array will work best." Cavill pointed at the door as biometric scanners scanned the woman completely to get a full reading of her body and her vitals. She would never be allowed to enter the facility, or hide from the thermal detectors or phermone ones that they had just installed. "Any other astute observations to give? If not you are free to leave and I'll take you back to your ship."

There was money to be made after all.

"Sounds good to me. I look forward to seeing the finances in Subach's accounts over my helping you complete this contract." Circe smiled as she turned away from the Sith Lord. Soon, she would be back where she belonged - on board her ship, heading home, and doing necessary work needed to get things going on her end again. "I also look forward to seeing these on sale, hopefully."

And so it seemed as though her work was done. Her contractual obligations finished, she awaited the ride home.

(FIN)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom