Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private I Need To Be Stronger

370d9lz.png

The loss of Korriban spoke volumes to Alina. The Sith Empire was weakening. Worse, turning on itself but refusing to acknowledge it. The current Pillar of War sent his hoards to slaughter the civilians of the Empire instead of their enemies, all for his selfish gain. She watched her fellow acolytes live and die all too quickly. She was young, but already she was growing tired of the path she was forced to walk with the Sith. She lived her life as little more than a punching bag for her family, and now that she had power she would not settle for the sort of life where she'd be little more than expendable.

She needed to get stronger.

Ironically, she returned to Korriban to complete that goal. In the wake of the Galactic Alliance's retreat from the system the Lords of the Sith took the world for themselves. She knew only a little of the group, but it was enough to bring her in front of the Emperor's palace. She paused outside of it, her gaze glancing over just how ruined it was. At least there was people out and about trying to repair it to it's former glory. Perhaps they could do the same to the Sith. She herself was in the sleeveless Sith Robe she favored. Light, easy to move in. The most important part for her style of fighting.

Still, she didn't go in. Not yet. There was a hint of fear in the back of her mind. She was still learning, still just an Acolyte. Stronger than most now, but not worth the time of day to most Lords. And now she wanted an audience with the Worm Emperor? She didn't betray the emotion outwardly, but she was still scared, as any Acolyte should be. A breath calmed her nerves as she closed her eyes. She needed to be calm for this.

Yellow eyes opened once more as she willed her heartbeat to slow to a controlled pace, then finally she stepped into the palace and headed right for the audience chamber.

Aspect of Passion Aspect of Passion

Sith around the temple glanced Alina's way - some out of curiosity, others with a quiet hunger in their eyes, but none approached or spoke a word to the acolyte as she moved through the temple. If not for their own sake, the watchful eyes of Frumentarii, The First Legion, and more than a few Sith Lords kept them behaved; so she was given no issue even as she stepped before the audience chamber.

There, two droids tapped wildly on a nearby computer - likely setting up the various partitions and network security the temple would need as they rebuilt what was lost. In the middle, there was a sephi, her golden eyes glancing over paperwork at the desk before she caught a glimpse of Alina approaching. She smiled, setting the work aside and speaking;

"Welcome. I'm Consul Amari Ra. I assume you're here to see the Dark Council?", she said with a cock of her brow.

It was, after all, all anyone came to her desk for at this point. The Dark Council, and the Worm Emperor more specifically, had created a galaxy-wide phenomenon that brought Sith of all abilities to his chamber to speak with him - some for boons, some for a quick death, others still for mysterious questions answered, though Amari had never seen them walk away with much satisfaction.

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

370d9lz.png

For once Alina was glad she couldn't sense the feelings and thoughts of others. All her life she'd been jealous of her families ability to, but being here now. Seeing the hungry stares of who should be fellow Sith. She'd walked right into the den of wolves with the intention of speaking to their alpha. Still, she kept her head high and walked with purpose. She wasn't a nobody, not anymore. Her yellow gaze met the golden eyes of the woman behind the counter and a single nod was offered.

"Yes, I am." There was a curiosity of what exactly the Worm Emperor was. Rumor and myth had her wondering just what was actually true. Well. She'd find out soon enough. "I'd like to speak with them as soon as I can, though I understand if they are busy."

"One moment.", Amari offered with a glance to a nearby terminal.

After a brief moment and a few taps, she motioned to some seats nearby -

"There is a meeting with some Lords currently taking place, but it should be done in a moment. If you'd take a seat, you should have your audience in about thirty minutes."

There was a slight coldness to the way Amari spoke - be it from a long day of work, trained edge to instill slight fear in those asking, or simply a jaded bias against every sith that came to her desk. Still, she wasn't overtly insulting, so there wasn't anything outwardly Alina could call her on - but it was quick and sufficient, and the wait wouldn't take long.

When the doors began to open, Amari gave her a look as though to make sure she was entering, then back to her paperwork. No Lords exited the way she was to enter, and there was nothing within but a wide arena - likely the proving grounds of the once Sith Academy that dwelled in these depths. Before her were The Worm Emperor, The Will, The Eye, and the Fist - though the Eye was only photographically present in her spider like body.

As Alina would enter, the voice of the Worm would speak - booming off the room;

"Alina Tremiru.", he said, already seeming to know her name. Whether that was from his own intuition, or that of the Eye was not obvious.

"Yet unnamed.", a woman seemed to whisper in her ear.

She could feel the darkness wafting off the many masked figure on the stand before her - elevated and distant, yet the presence the figure gave off was almost toxic. A thick miasma through the force that threatened to stifle her connection, absorb her attention, and consume her whole; but it seemed like a barely tenous resistance at best. Like viewing a Rancor through thin glass, she could feel how close to danger she was.

"You wished to speak to me. What is it you seek, my child?"

370d9lz.png

"Thank you." Alina gave a slight tilt of her head as a thanks to Amari. She kept her own tone respectful, not wanting to come across as rude or cocky in such a place. That, and it was better to show respect to others until they warranted otherwise. She calmly took her seat. Far too calmly. It was obvious to anyone that she was trying to force herself to stay calm. In truth she only expected to meet this Emperor, not the whole of the Dark Council. She wasn't a nobody, but she didn't deserve that kind of audience.

There was no going back now, however.

Her gaze lifted as the doors opened. She waited. No one left. Alina's brow furrowed as she glanced to the Sephi. She was waiting for her to go in? The young woman stood then, slowly making her way into the chamber. Her gaze fell on the Dark Council, a cold sweat forming on the back of her neck. If there were Sith to be considered gods, these were among them. The cold sweat turned into a shiver as she heard her own name. She had avoided giving the woman outside it to avoid any blow back onto her family if things went sour.

If she had to escape, her mother would make it a mission to slaughter her immediately.

Her ability to sense the Force around her was non existent. The uniqueness of her bond to the Force prevented such things. Disabling so much for her to do. Lift a stone, create a spark, read the thoughts of others. She would never be able to do such things. The near sixth sense of danger though, that she could feel. The unsettling feeling of being targeted for death filled her mind as she watched the Emperor.

"I've come to get stronger."

There was an almost vocal scoff from either the Eye of the Will that echo'ed, though who did it could not be certain. They looked away from her, disappointing on their faces, while the Fist's eyeless gaze watched nothing in particular. The Worm Emperor however, still gave her his multi masked full attention, glinting slightly in the light sneaking in from the skylight.

"So you have.", The Worm spoke, the voice a deep and regal bass.

In a moment, the Worm teleported in front of her - faster than she could blink, faster that the frames in her eyes could perceive. One second he was high on the throne that overlooked the arena, the next he was before her - robes trailing in the dirt. The masks made a metal strain audible to even her as they all turned to face her.

"You're a product of the Empire.", he intoned as he glanced her over.

"Castrated from a young age.", a different calm man implied from behind her. There would be nothing if she were to look.

"Never given the right ambition.", a woman almost sneered in her ear - once more a shadow of a voice.

"Do you know the Sith Code, my child?", the Worm asked her graciously. There was no malice in his tone, but the danger he emanated was palpable.

"Do you know the secret the Empire tried to hide from you?"

370d9lz.png

There was a subtle flinch at the chorus of scoffs. Not from fear, but anger. She knew all too well she was too weak to do anything about it. It was the right of the strong to mock the weak. But she would not be weak forever. The type of training she had been giving herself made her faster than normal humans. Able to react, able to perceive more. But nothing prepared her for that kind of speed. Instinct reacted before she could form a thought. She took a defensive step back.

And the Force around her seemed to die. Just briefly, but in that moment of panic she reached out around herself and suppressed the Force as a sort of defense.

Then it was gone. She willed herself to calm, to avoid insulting anyone here. "I know the Sith code. But I also know the Empire has been keeping things from me. I've traveled through the galaxy to learn this secret. It's why I'm here now. I want to learn everything I can."

"You know of the unknown.", the voice offered with a confirmative inclination.

"The known unknown.", a woman seemed to laugh.

"The unknown known.", a child sneered.

A thousand voice mixed, mingled, whispers in the darkness at the edges of her vision - but there would be nothing for her to witness. Only the massive three meter figure that stood before her, black voids staring her down with endless intent.

"Then you must have an inclination; but may not be what you wish to hear.", the Worm offered her.

"Many come to me asking for strength, expect to be given such. They are tainted with the idea that power is something to be given, tainted by the Rule of Order and the Zambrano Dyansty - where Emperors are chosen by nepotism or council rather than a claim torn from a dead tyrants grasp. It is self evident, Alina, that power is not something given, but taken.", the voice offered, seeming to walk around them despite the single unmoving figure before her.

"Power is taken, and taken again.", a calm man offered.

"So I can offer you no more than the means to break the chains that bind you. You are constrained by the dream they have given you, their dream they have painted and masked as your own; that you may live your own dream within theirs. I simply ask you to find your own strength, follow your own ambition - become the Sith you need to be, and take from everyone who can not stop you.", he idled.

"I am known as the Breaker of Chains for this reason - I can impart upon you knowledge, free you of your bindings, but I can not give what you have not deserved. What do you think you deserve, Alina?"

370d9lz.png

"I did not come here to expect you to give me power, only answers." Alina kept her gaze on the hooded figure. The various voices were unsettling, but already she was beginning to get used to it. A chilling thought, to get used to something so unnatural. Then again, her family was a group of sorcerers. Unnatural was their go to. "I will earn my own strength. The most I deserve is a shot to do so."

"Then do so.", the voice replied.

"Do what must be done", a man - calm and precise, offered her.

Before her the sand began to rise in statues - faces she recognized, if not personally, from the holo videos and propaganda. Sand effigies of Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex , Darth Prazutis Darth Prazutis , Joycelyn Zambrano Joycelyn Zambrano , and various other figures leading the Rule of Order. Each were precise and detailed down to the grain of sand, even blinking as they watched her - though none moved. If it were not for their semi solid sand like color and texture, they would seem like the actual figures themselves.

"You live inside a dream that isn't yours. Encouraged to abandon your rights for the promise of safety - but safety is only guranteed by those who can defend themselves, not those who ask their Empire to do it for them. Strike down what you once knew and be reborn in the sands that wear away all."

370d9lz.png

Do what must be done. What did that even mean? The confusion settled on Alina's face once more as she tried to figure out the meaning behind the words. Even as the lifelike statues of her Empress. Her Dark Lord. She recognized them all, their faces. The Rule of Order. Even after the Worm Emperor spoke, she still didn't understand. Her mind didn't want to think about this sort of reality, not at first. But it slowly made sense in her mind. Strike down the binds that held her.

But, were these her chains? She lifted her saber, igniting the red blade as she stepped over to one of the older Lords. Alina didn't dare to say no to such a command where she was outnumbered and vastly outclassed. But there was a hesitation. She more let the super heated blade lower from gravity than strike down the image herself. It felt wrong.

And yet, it felt right. What the Worm said rang in her ears. How many acolytes had she watched die because they were sent to protect the Empire, but couldn't protect themselves? The Empire Protects. It was the core of her belief. It wasn't that she wanted to be some selfless defender of the weak, she wanted to give the weak the chance to become strong. To not see wasted potential. But that belief cost her. Frustration grew as she more actively cut down the next, red blade turning sand to glass from the intense heat.

Frustration quickly turned to anger as her blade ripped through the next. This belief was pointless. How many died? How many did she want to protect that just ended up dead anyway? To be cut down and slaughtered by their betters anyway? She didn't even delay their deaths. So what was she? What was the point of anything she did? Her blade ripped through the image of Carnifex. He stood at the top, demanding loyalty while his lessers killed one another. Prazius was no different in her mind.

She stood before the last image. Joycelyn. Alina's whole belief as a Sith stemmed from her. Her orders. Orders that buried so many in crystal and earth. That nearly claimed her life. It dawned on her then. Her path. Her belief. It was nothing more than a chain holding her down. She was going to devote her life to protecting her fellow Sith. Until she died with them. She wanted to be Sith. Why? Her family was horrible. They were Sith, yes, but they wanted her dead. If she ran, she could be alive.

But still she stayed. Why? Why was always the question. She traveled the galaxy searching for an answer on what it meant to be Sith, but that was wrong. She should of been looking for what she wanted to be as a Sith. And now she had idea. All she knew was she would find it, for herself. She brought her blade down in a single, quick slash, cutting down the last image. Already she felt freer.

Her gaze turned back to the Worm Emperor. She said nothing, not sure what to do now.

"Good.", a voice reverberated inside her head - as though folding and bouncing a thousand times over itself.

As it echo'ed, the world seemed to fade from them - until there was nothing but the sand beneath their feet, and the infinite darkness that surrounded them; yet it felt close, almost familiar despite its void like nature. The Worm remained idle for a moment, before a mask glance up and around - and as it peered into the void, the void peered back. A hundred eyes began to open, various colors looking back upon them, though most were the iconic golden with red tinge of the Sith.

"It is without these chains that Sith are strong, that you are strong.", the Worm offered her.

The eyes carried voices as they chanted in tandem, "Peace is a lie. There is only Passion."

"You must foster your ambition, find the strength you were owed."

"Through Passion, I gain Strength.", they chanted after.

"Those who have taken it must receive retribution - do not offer them mercy."

"Through Strength, I gain Power."

"Offer them only your blade - and if you are not strong enough to pass on judgment..."

"Through Power, I gain Victory."

"You only need to strive for more strength. More Power."

"Through Victory my chains are broken."

"Realize that you are Sith, Alina, and that you are the only one who decides your destiny."

"The Force shall free me."

"The Force shall free you.", The Worm and the Chorus offered in tandem.

o1yfhSr.png

The young woman listened in silence. The Sith Code, taken as a way to crush those around her. To become the strongest. Was that what she wanted? To be the strongest Sith? She wouldn't of had an answer to that before. But now she did have an answer. No matter her beliefs, her desires, none of it mattered if she didn't have the strength to back it up.

She needed to be free.

Alina bowed her head to the Worm Emperor. "Thank you, for enlightening me."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom