Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need Help

Rundo

Guest
How do i describe a Latin American accent with in writing?

example of voice for my Rodian. Hector off of Westworld.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKrtesrXO7w
 
Coruscanti is sometimes depicted as British Imperial. Corellian as more cowboy. I'm not sure I've ever heard of a canon reference for Latin though. Probably best to describe the accent by what breaks it apart from modern Basic. Similar to describing a character's signature limp or smokey brown duster.

Or, hit up the colloquialisms pretty hard. Spice a few sentences of dialogue up with something wild. Ex: "Hey there pretty little senorita. Mi casa, su casa. Care to swagger on back to my place for some lemonade and chill?"

Less is more. IMO. :p
 

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
I find that writing a bit phonetically can help. Pay attention to where consonants or syllables are dropped, etc when you play the accent out in your head. Then write it out that way.

[member="Rundo"]
 

Rundo

Guest
I think i found what i was looking for. On a side note, found out that the Language Rodese is almost word for word Quechua, a tribal language from south america. Which will go hand in hand with the Latin american accent
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom