Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech I.M.D. Stub Blaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
200855718098_1.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create a close quarter assult weapon.
  • Image Source: Here
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Primary Source: E-11 Blaster Rifle
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: I.M.D. Stub blaster
  • Affiliation: Closed-Market
  • Model: I.M.D. Stub Blaster
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material: Durasteel, blaster components
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Blaster
  • Size: Short
  • Weight: Light
  • Ammunition Type: Power cell, gas canister
  • Ammunition Capacity: 100 (power cell), 500 (gas canister)
  • Reload Speed: Average
  • Effective Range: Short
  • Rate of Fire: Very High
  • Stopping Power: Average
  • Recoil: Low
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Extended power pack capacity
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
  • Lowered accuracy in fully automatic.
  • Less accurate than a normal rifle, in burst mode
  • Suppressor stop working after ten shots, unless cooled down.
DESCRIPTION

The blaster is designed for urban warfare, and combat situations. It is short in length, so it does cause the operative issues moving through buildings, like a bigger weapon might be. The Weapon has extremely high rate of fire, and short barrel this made weapon less accurate, but it can spray the whole room with blaster fire. Though with built in silencer, not everyone in the room, will know they are being fired at, until they get hit, or sparks fly. Though after the first ten shots, the suppressor becomes less efficient, due to heat of the gas canister. This weapon is more or less ultimate spray and pray weapon, built into a very small blaster. So this great at clearing rooms, and going down streets, but in the open the enemy is fairly safe.

[member="Darth Banshee"],

Got two questions for you on this.

Darth Banshee said:
Built in silencer
What you are looking for the correct term is, "Suppressor." Silencer is the incorrect term made up by Hollywood and movies. Suppressors only made the resulting explosion of slug weapons be suppressed. It does not make the bullet when it breaks the sound barrier silent.

Second, is that I don't remember if blaster weapons can be fitted with suppressors as they don't use explosives to launch the "bolt" of the blaster. If you do have a canon source then please provide it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom