Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private I look out on a Concrete Jungle

A man can change his stars
Sign language. It hit me for a moment as though I had been asking a stupid question. Of course someone who wasn't able to speak could use signs from hand movements in order to speak. I kind of just stood there and scoffed to myself. Why is it that I couldn't think of that even having heard of such things. Maybe it was because that was not a part of my daily life.

As Rayne continued to explain that it was marginally easier to just speak through technology only because it meant anyone could understand her, instead of using a language that only people who couldn't speak or hear would be able to know. It made me feel different about this situation. Many in the galaxy could speak or understand Galactic Basic. Of course there were other variations of such language such as Imperial basic, or High Imperial which was more or less, different dialects of the Galactic Basic, Sign language was different entirely.

"I guess I will need to look into that. It is a very interesting aspect of language to use your hands instead of your vocal capabilities."

While she had spoke about a vocoder, my first thoughts seemed to spill out of my mouth without any kind of barrier or filter.

"So if you do forget your vocoder, could you just project your voice into a single ear bud or hearing piece that a friend is wearing?"

Many of my thoughts were kind of intrusive and were pushing. Asking questions about her. So once more it just spilled out.

"If you don't want to talk about it you don't have too. I'm sorry I keep pressing these questions on you."

Rayne Lo'to Rayne Lo'to

Corellia, Mothership Hera
Tags: Kaleleon Kaleleon

gL8XrwM.png

Rayne couldn't help laugh a little, silently of course.

"It's okay," she assured, the expression on her face more amused then anything else. "I understand that I'm a little strange. People usually have questions. I can use speakers if I have to, but I'd have to string together sentances with existing audio. That can... take a while. I think I'd be better off writing on a window with my breath."

But... perhaps she could ask some questions of her own. It only seemed fair, right? An equivalent exchange of some sort could be good. Rayne certainly had some things she was thinking about as of late, and the advise of a Jedi seemed like something that might help.

"You're good at fighting, right?" Rayne asked. "Or at least you know people who are? If I wanted to learn how to use a sword real good, where would I go?"

A man can change his stars
Strange? it caught me a little off guard with calling herself strange. Just because she had a lack of ability to speak doesn't mean she is strange. Just different. Everyone is a little different in their own ways. Even if two people grew up in the same town, on the same planet to the same parents, they can turn out differently. My younger siblings were testament to that. I was a Jedi, while they still lived at home. I made choices that made me different. Only in her case, she couldn't have made the choice to be mute. Yet the comment of breathing a haze onto a window and writing with that made me chuckle involuntarily.

"Everyone is strange or different. Just means you have character."

What completely caught me off guard now, was her asking if I was good at fighting, with a follow up of where she could learn to get better. Specifically a sword. Normally people would go for a Lightsaber or a pistol. It was a rare few notable exceptions of people who wanted a physical sword. That is, unless they lived in the underground and wanted something cheaper than good blaster.

"I uh... I am a Jedi. So I know how to fight quite well."

Some days, I wish I didn't. Knowing how strong my own conviction was, being told so by my own Master and mentors. Remembering distinctly an old hermit man who told me that my convictions would one day be the death of me. I trained not because I wanted to be a better person. Not because I wanted some sense of self-pride, but because I had the ability to do so. It was the responsibility of those who can fight for others, to do so. Otherwise, you are no better than the oppressors. Shaking my head to remove those thoughts, I answered her again.

"I actually trained how to use swords, lightsabers, firearms, even Shielded combat. its kind of a uh.. I guess fascination of mine to train and learn new combat styles. Considering I trained under former Jedi battlemasters, and known Jedi Combat masters, and I took part in the Galactic War."

It was only now did I realize that, I had been through a lot more than I gave myself credit for. Living through a war was testament enough to show I could handle myself. And it felt like forever ago since those wars. Yet here I am. Just on a ship having being kidnapped from a junk yard wanting to make speeders.

"I can show you a few things if you would like. Otherwise, I can get you connected to people who I know can teach you."

Rayne Lo'to Rayne Lo'to

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom