Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have thought of some questions

KitKat

Hello! Okay I'm not really sure if this is the question forum. The advertising roleplaying forum sounded more like people who have been approved and I have not yet so I didnt want to cross signals.

1. Dark Jedi. What are they? What faction do they belong to? How do the regular Jedi feel about them? How do you become one? What makes a dark jedi different than a Sith? Basically I would like the 411 on all of that.

2. How does this board feel about NPC's? If I had like Kats super best friend or family member who I played as an NPC is that okay? They wouldn't really be doing damage in threads or anything and mostly kinda push Kats story. They don't decide major battles or anything like that.

If I think of more I will ask. Thanks to everyone who helps.

Dark Jedi are basically the Jedi who left the Order, but still consider themselves followers and users of the Light Side of the Force. They are nominally good characters, or at least have good intentions behind them.

As far as NPCs, so long as you didn't drag them into Invasions or Dominions, I'm sure others would be willing to accommodate you there.

KitKat

Thank you! So the dark Jedi use the darkside and the lightside kind of? And can join any faction as long as they follow that factions rules?

1) Wookieepedia can answer that. Jedi canonically react to Dark Jedi with hostility. The difference between the Sith and Dark Jedi is that the Sith with a singular cultural and political identity, whereas Dark Jedi do not have such identity and simply use the powers of the dark side.

2) You are free to do what you want with non-player characters. Should one become disruptive with them, though, they may end up being reported and talked to by a Role-Play Judge.

Aditionally, the Advertisment area is for Factions (mainly for smaller ones) to see if they can reign in any new members. So I suppose it wouldn't have done much damage if you had asked your questions in one of the topics there.

Katarine Ryiah said:
Thank you! So the dark Jedi use the darkside and the lightside kind of? And can join any faction as long as they follow that factions rules?
Yes and no. It would be harder for a lightsider to use darkside powers, and in the same instance it would be harder for a Darksider to heal.

You can use the neutral powers easily, but when it comes to the higher end powers on the extreme both sides of the spectrum ( Wall of light, Sith alchemy, Torture of chagrin, healing) it would be very difficult for a dark jedi to use.

As for your second question, yes you can join any faction as long as you follow the rules. @[member="Spencer Jacobs"] is a Dark jedi in TSE... but she is being hidden as Sanctuary if i remember correctly.

Darren Onyx

D
As another note, the Dark Jedi may not be with those factions, but they can edge towards one.

Example, a Dark Jedi may be better off using the Dark Side because they are more edged that way. Same goes for the Light Side. They may not be there fully, but they can draw more power from that side.

KitKat

Thank you for the link! I wasn't sure if this board followed Wookie too. Okay thats good to know about the roleplay advertising area thank you!

So the dark Jedi train as Jedi and then leave once they reach knight if they want to do that?

KitKat

Just seen those two responses thank you for explaining that. Now I did not see a list of light and dark powers in the rules. Do we kinda follow Wookie on that as well?

You don't have to be part of a Faction to get trained... however, it must be trained by a PC character. IE, another Dark Jedi.

Or you can roleplay all you want and submit to an RPJ to review your threads for promotion.

Katarine Ryiah said:
Just seen those two responses thank you for explaining that. Now I did not see a list of light and dark powers in the rules. Do we kinda follow Wookie on that as well?
While there is no distinct rules on what force powers you can use, be reasonable about it. Wookieepedia has a list of powers, but each faction may or may not set up different guidelines to follow. Not rules, but guidelines.

Omega Pyre for example, recommends in it's guidelines that for massive powerful Force powers like shatterpoint and phase are more master level powers than anything, and for the rare force powers, one must show ongoing growth to reach that. Or train with someone who already knows it.

KitKat

Oh yea I forgot about the rp judge. I'll get the hang of this don't worry. Thank you everyone. PC characters train of the same design right? Like it wouldn't make sense for a pirate to train a Jedi or a Sith to train a smuggler?

Katarine Ryiah said:
So the dark Jedi train as Jedi and then leave once they reach knight if they want to do that?
I see nothing in the rules that says you must join a faction. However,

FORCE USER RANK PROMOTION

1. Apprentice To Knight
  • When an Apprentice's Master feels the Apprentice is ready for promotion to Knight, he/she submits the Apprentice's name for promotion to his/her Faction Administrator for approval.
  • If the Apprentice does not belong to a Faction, the Apprentice's Master will submit the Apprentice's name to a Role-play Judge for approval.
  • If approved by the Faction Administrator/Role-Play Judge, the Apprentice's name is submitted to a Board Administrator for Rank Promotion.
Katarine Ryiah said:
There is no power list, yet Force powers and explanations of them can be found on Wookieepedia.

Katarine Ryiah said:
Oh yea I forgot about the rp judge. I'll get the hang of this don't worry. Thank you everyone. PC characters train of the same design right? Like it wouldn't make sense for a pirate to train a Jedi or a Sith to train a smuggler?
Non-force users don't need to be trained here.

KitKat

So guess what if you hover over rules there are more than one page! My slow ass Internet missed that the other day... hence why I sound like such a stupid head to you people right now.

so I'm gonna go read some stuff lol and then come back with all my new questions.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Katarine Ryiah"]

Dark Jedi is a catchall category. All the multiple definitions above are accurate...for some subset of the Dark Jedi. Many, many things qualify as Dark Jedi. For example, someone who wavered between Light and Dark, unable to embrace the highest powers of either, would count. So would a full Darksider who simply didn't choose to identify with the Sith or ascribe to their traditions. So might a rogue Jedi whose methods fell outside the Council's approval.

All of these would count, if their writers wanted them to.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Yeah, 'Dark Jedi' means something different in like every canon source - and, apart from some really insane things, or things that might heavily affect fairness, we don't accept only one interpretation of canon here. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom