Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have seen many strange worlds in my time, but this world is stranger still

Lilla Syrin

A great leap forward often requires first taking t
Grievous: “Kenobi. Don't tell me, let me guess: this is the part where you give me the chance to surrender.”
Obi-Wan: “It can be. Or, if you like, it can be the part where I dismantle your exoskeleton and ship you back to Coruscant in a cargo hopper.”
― Grievous and Obi-Wan Kenobi, facing off on Utapau

Lehon, also referred to as Rakata, Rakata Prime, and the Unknown World, was the homeworld of the Rakata species and the secret capital of their Infinite Empire. It was also known as a technological graveyard.

On the face of it, it was a tropical world that inhabited a remote and relatively unknown corner of the galaxy known as the Tempered Wastes, a largely void area of space. Its surface was largely covered by oceans which were dotted by numerous clusters of islands and archipelagos. It was the only habitable planet in the Lehon system, but it shared an orbit around its primary star with the Star Forge, an ancient Rakatan space station and factory which drew its fuel directly from the system's primary star. The planet itself was orbited by two small moons, but one of them was close enough to be visible from the surface during daylight, covering a significant portion of the sky.

Which was all Lilla could glean from the mission briefing.

She was here because there had been reports that someone was accessing the now derelict Temple of the Ancients. Also called the Temple of the Elders, was a temple on Lehon that was once said to hold the secrets of the Star Forge. All known intelligence said there was nothing left there to see — but every now and then, an expedition decided they knew better and typically a Jedi was dispatched to make sure this was just another false alarm.

The temple's doors were originally blocked by a mysterious force field that only Rakata could bring down by performing a special ritual or by using an ancient tome, and even then, the force field would not stay down for long. Darth Bane visited the site and was confronted by the Sith Lord Kas’im. Bane and Kas’im engaged in a protracted duel that eventually moved to the steps of the Temple. Bane was then able to kill Kas’im by striking him with a powerful wave of Force energy that brought down the Temple entrance way around him.

So Lilla landed close to the ruins of the temple and quickly exited her ship. A short search should be enough to be sure there was no risk of anyone accessing the Star Forge secrets, and she could be on her way.

[member="HK-42"]

The Silence. The absolute Silent HK-42 had endured for months on Rakata Prime was quiet...soul searching. He had upgraded himself in months past to combat and kill Jedi, as a part of the First Order...until his ship went down, and crashed with no survivors. HK-42 was the most intact thing on that ship, crash landed on a beachhead, and wandering the planet for all this time. The Temple of the Elders was a known sight that 42 had to see every day, as he wandered what amount of land he was capable of traversing without hitting another beach. He observed in his time here, that a Jedi usually went into the temple, stayed there for a day or two, then left, a small crew of others following in before the Jedi arrived. All HK-42 could think if this being, was a team of adventures going missing, and a Jedi searching for them, with no luck, and then leaving.

Today, was another one of those days, although HK-42 wanted to make it known he was here this time. As the expedition went into the ruins of the temple, HK-42 followed in toe, staying far behind enough to not get caught(despite his lumbering size), but close enough to see where the team went. What he planned to do, was either kill them, or follow them to see what killed the teams anyway. Perhaps the information in the Temple, what ever it was, could help HK-42 get off the planet. Maybe...

Maybe the Jedi had already arrived. HK-42 was not dumb enough to forget about it. Based on how the Jedi that went in carried themselves, he could only calculate they sent padawans or knights to deal with this, only once seeing a Master. He kept on guard in case the Jedi attacked him once discovered, or when the team saw him, and tried to do the same. Either way, Grievous II was prepared.

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

Lilla Syrin

Lilla performed a simple reconnoitre of the area. As well as the occasional wreckage – and one ship had crashed more recently than most – there was a shuttle. It showed no obvious markings and as such, she could not find out who the owner or crew were. But it was large enough to suggest a small party were around – and given it had not crashed, they were either the ones she had been sent to identify, or had been dispatched to seek them out.

One party or two? Lilla didn’t like the variable – for it was a significant one. The absence of a second ship made her believe it was just one, but she knew she could not take these things for granted.

She performed a perimeter search of the temple – but saw nothing of note – except for the fact that the main entrance was no longer blocked, and was instead accessible. She moved closer and ascertained that the opening was not as a result of recent activity.

Checking her surroundings a final time, Lilla decided to head in after the party of…what? Adventurers? Tomb-robbers? Businessmen? It mattered little, she had a duty to ensure that if there was any technology of note left behind, it was not going to fall into the hands of the highest bidder.

She reached the entranceway and used the Force to sense the way ahead. Nothing. That most likely meant they were out of range. Or dead. Or both.

She pressed on – cautiously but with purpose.

[member="HK-42"]

HK-42 continued through the temple, following the excavation team though out it's old and forgotten corridors. He knew these weren't possible survivors of his Shuttle's crash; they were far too noisy and whiny for First Order Personnel. They always picked up the items around, and dropped them without a care in the world, making more noise than a womprat in heat. HK-42 was getting slowly closer and closer to intercepting them and killing off the meatbags, but...one of them fell. Some parts of the temple's flooring revealed old traps, laid by the Rakata who constructed the Temple long ago. These traps were later blocked off and built over, but what was there, has come back to hunt for more unsuspecting prey, one member of the small excavation team being it's most recent victim. The man's screams in agony echoed through the halls of the temple, and although the other members of the man's crew ran from the sight, covering their ears...Well...

HK-42 found it delightful. It had been so long since he heard the screams of pain from a organic lifeforms. It was music to his audio receivers, and he loved every second of it. He only felt bad about the screams when the man finally died due to blood loss, his screams stopping, and HK's Music drawing to a close. Although he still was wondering when the Jedi would appear, he continued with his current motive; to follow the remaining Meatbags, and make them fear what the First Order could produce.

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

Lilla Syrin

Lilla pressed on. She had no way of telling how far ahead the shuttle occupants would be — or even if they were still alive. But she continued to search regardless, wary of any traps set by either the ancients that built this temple — or the newcomers.

This slowed her progress, but she knew it made sense to travel carefully and stay alive.

Then she heard it. Or rather ‘them’ as the screams seemed endless. How far away was impossible to judge, given the sound echoed around the halls — but they must be relatively close, she surmised.

What caused the screams was another matter. Lilla could only surmise — and did not want to speculate. So she picked up the pace and used the Force to warn her of potential danger. If there were any survivors, she suspected they would have slowed, giving her the chance to close the gap.

[member="HK-42"]

Now this was getting boring. It was time HK-42 struck at the travelers, as they were overstaying their welcome enough. He got closer and closer to them, making sure they had no idea what was coming before he arrived. He did want to make them hear something, not just be a silent killer...besides his blades, of course, as those would make sound just as much as he would if he spoke or not. By the time he was ready, he was right behind them, and planned to continue down their route to see what they were looking for.

He hadn't spoken to anyone since the crash, and he hadn't spoken in the traditional HK style of speech ever since he was upgraded past that point, but he decided it would be fun to scare them one last time before they died. He ignited the orange shoto lightsabers in his wrists, and the noise of their ignition echoed through the halls. The travelers screamed out in horror as they tried to run, only to trip over themselves and fall over.

"Exclamation: This temple, will be your tomb."

Those were the first words he spoke in months, and the last words they'd ever hear, as they screamed in pain and anguish, the sounds of a swinging lightsaber, and the dead silence that soon followed reached through out the entire temple, their deaths being rather enjoyable on HK's part. Grievous continued down their path, purposely making sure that he left tracks for the Jedi to follow, as there was no doubt there was one with him at this point. He slammed his feet onto the new corpses of the temple, and walked off from the scene, leaving bloody footprints in his wake.

He knew the Jedi would follow, seeking justice for the death of "innocence", which would lead to their clash in the Temple of the Elders...Soon.

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

Lilla Syrin

Lilla spotted the traps — ancient ones, and recently activated. Was that what she heard before? She was beginning to believe so, when she herd further screams ahead. They were closer thus tie and she hastened her progress, eager to see if she could save anyone.

Alas, by the time she arrived on the scene, it was too late. It was carnage — dead bodies strewn across the passageway. Their injuries were familiar to her — only one weapon cauterised the wounds it made that way — a lightsaber.

Lilla stretched out with her senses, seeking a Force aura, but found none. But there were footprints to follow — quite literally bloody ones.

Someone clearly wanted her to follow. It was a trap, and she was ready to spring that trap.

So, with one hand on the hilt of her saber — still attached to her belt — she continued her progress.

[member="HK-42"]

He led the tracks into a dark room, keeping himself into a dark corner of the room that'd keep him hidden. He shut off his sabers as well, and he began to taunt the Jedi once she came into the room. It had been a long time since he encountered a Jedi, so he did not know how she'd fight. He wanted to speak in his normal way, so then she knew that he'd work with her in a combative way. His voice was a lot deeper than the standard HK unit's voice, and it was quite similar to how the old, original General Grievous sounded.

"Jedi. Make Peace with the Force now, as I, Grievous, will show you mercy. I will grant you, a Warrior's Death."

He kept himself hidden, waiting for when she got close enough to him to where he could swing once once she's off guard. He also knew that the Jedi still knew of Grievous, and how big of a threat he was, and HK-42 played this to his advantage.

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

Lilla Syrin

Lilla followed the tracks and yet her senses picked up no living beings ahead. Slightly confused, she moved cautiously – entering into a darkened room.

The moment she did, she heard a voice. Unlikely to be human – a rasping tone – and not precisely a droid either.

“I am always at peace with the Force, as is my heart. A Jedi does not fear death, because we know we will join the Force once our time is up. If, is never an issue, only the when is to be determined.”

“And I am no warrior, I am a Jedi. There is a significant difference.” The name rang an obvious bell, but she knew it was the sentient she had read about in the history books. And her senses were able to pick up where the voice emanated from – and she also sensed the Force. Not in an active way, but a passive one. It was similar to her time in the caves on Ilum – and it emanated from crystals that were naturally attuned to the Force. But no living creature was in the room with her.

She closed her eyes momentarily and entered Centre of Being – giving herself to the Force. The meditative stance would allow her to almost unconsciously defend from even the most flowing random attacks and feints.

“Grievous? Died at the hand of a Jedi, didn’t he? Now, I give you a choice. Surrender to me and I promise you a fair trial.”

[member="HK-42"]

"I am Grievous, Reborn. Better suited to rid the Galaxy of you Jedi Filth. It does not matter if you are a warrior or a prophet, you will die all the same."

HK-42 still stayed hidden, knowing that the prints he left before led into the corner. This was done on purpose, as he set everything up to trap her into a situation where she couldn't fight back properly. Though to be fair, the moment he introduced himself as Grievous was the moment she was most likely on edge, and on guard. She did mention a fair trial, and this actually humored him, right to the point of laughter. this laughter echoed through the room, before HK-42 spoke once more.

"Was my Kaleesh Predecessor presented with a fair trial? No. He was given a trial by combat, and he failed to fight; failed to run; failed to survive."

He kept still waiting for his moment, which he knew would come soon. Sooner than she could of thought.

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

Lilla Syrin

“Reborn?” Lilla echoed. “No, Grievous, despite the exoskeleton, had a heart. You may have been programmed to believe you are Grievous, but you are a droid. No more and no less.” Lilla could sense no living thing in the room and with Force Sight, could make out the outline of all non-living matter too.

“But you are right, death is death – although as a Jedi, when I die, it will serve a purpose – I will re-join the Force.”

She listened to the laughter, that echoed around the room. She paid it no heed and relied on the Force to warn her when and where to act – when rhetoric became a real threat.

“And Grievous fought many Jedi and killed them. Until he faced one that was too good. Was he given a chance to surrender? Of course. But he chose to fight. And the law of averages alone suggests that, sooner or later, you will not prevail.”

“So please consider my offer carefully.”

[member="HK-42"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom