Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have no idea where to begin

I have no idea how role play sites work. I have played D&D and other games like it so I'm assuming this is simmilar to that. I here because I have played the Fantasy flight SW RPG but I am still undecided on wether or not to buy it so help understanding this site would be helpful though too.

[member="The_Stormlord"]

What my blunt friend means is while this retains Roleplay elements there is no point and play system like in DnD. The site works on a more writer like method for the most part unless you are in one of the few threads that like to do DMing as a way to introduce a nice and wide RP for you. Its a little tough to get used to it, trust me as i started in the same place as you but it is very rewarding in the long run.

If ever you need help with anything always ask questions and if ever you want to RP man give me a shout or others. Alot on the site are very helpful to new members.

Solan Charr said:
[member="The_Stormlord"]

What my blunt friend means is while this retains Roleplay elements there is no point and play system like in DnD. The site works on a more writer like method for the most part unless you are in one of the few threads that like to do DMing as a way to introduce a nice and wide RP for you. Its a little tough to get used to it, trust me as i started in the same place as you but it is very rewarding in the long run.

If ever you need help with anything always ask questions and if ever you want to RP man give me a shout or others. Alot on the site are very helpful to new members.
^ This is a good explanation of hwat I said

Nyx

Insert Hilarious Title Here
Like Solan said, if you need help just ask. We were all new once.
And if you want to thread, or have a question, I'm usually available.
[member="The_Stormlord"]

[member="The_Stormlord"]

First off, welcome to Chaos

Secondly It's kind of shared storytelling. there are no dice or saving throws, it's all up to your imagination to make and take hits. It's not really hard as long as you can tell a story. You tell part and then someone else tells part, and by the end there's a crafted story.

[member="Solan Charr"] is spot on with his description and like [member="Nyx"] said, questions are the best way to figure things out. there's an amazing community of people here and everyone is willing to help you get your bearings.

The only stupid question is the one you're afraid to ask.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Welcome dude.

Here's a link to the Tutorial Forum. Read up and ask questions here. It's a big site and can take a little bit to learn. Hehe. Most people start by:

• Creating a character in the Character Creation Forum. Only a brief bio is required to begin play. Templates are provided.
  • Next, they drop by the Roleplay Discussion Forum and start a thread looking for people to write with. Factions (which are just Writer Groups) included.
  • Then it's off the Open or Private Roleplaying Forums to begin playing.

You'll get the hang of it in no time. Enjoy. :D

[member="The_Stormlord"]

Welcome to the Chaos, a place that can look for more complex and scary than it is.

Ask anything you need and we will all help you out to make sure you have fun and get stuck in.

That's the most important thing - have fun here with us.

:)

[member=The_Stormlord]

Welcome to Chaos! I hope you find what you're looking for, and most importantly, have fun! There's been some great answers to explain what this site is all about already, but if you've got any other questions at all, don't hesitate to ask! We're a friendly bunch. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom