Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I hate my job [Tegaea]

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
Jak stumbled into a bar. "Two, please," he managed to tell the bartender. The bartender put two glasses, full, on the table. "Two fingers, Darryl." "Heh, it's on me. You look like you need it. Hard run?"
Jak accepted the drinks with gratitude. "Nah, just long. And I don't get paid near enough for the risks I'm taking." He downed the first in two gulps. Darryl offered the bottle, but Jak declined.
"Jak, I need to talk to you," said the portly bartender. "You got a moment?" He then went into the back storage room.
"Have you ever heard of Omega Pyre?" he asked once Jak had come. It wasn't a name familiar to him.
"Omega Pyre is basically a band of top mercenaries led by lesbians," he said drily. "I managed to save one of their operatives a while back. They were very grateful, and offered me a job with them. I declined, for reasons which I will not give up, but said I would give the job opportunity to the best person I can think of."
He glanced down, and then back up at Jak's eyes. "Jak, ever since your dad died, I've taken you in as my son. I want the best for you as I know your father would. Do you accept their offer or not?"
"Well," Jak stammered, "I guess so. How do I contact them?"
"With this" He handed Jak a datachip. "This will give you the specific number for OP. DON'T LET ANYONE ELSE GET IT. Understand?"
"Yes, and thanks, Darryl. For everything." Jak said as he left the bar, one unfinished drink still in his hand.

Typing in the number, he waited to see who he would contact.

Anya, Tegaea's secretary took the call. It was to a special number dedicated to those that Omega had invited. Thus when she spoke, Anya said everything most politely.
"Welcome to Omega Pyre, this is Anya, how may I help?"

Jak Sandrow

Jak replied in turn, he didn't want to be offensive, especially if he would be getting a future job with this company. "Hello, Anya, this is Jak Sandrow." He had no idea what to say, so he just blustered on. "Is it possible to get a job with Omega Pyre?"

Anya paused. "I think you've contacted the wrong number for that, Mr Sandrow. This is primarily a line for those invited to join us. However, what is your area of expertise? What can you offer us?" she asked.

Jak Sandrow

"Well," he said, "I am a very good smuggler, I know a thing or two about mechanics, and besides doing a bit of slicing, I collect weapons and blueprints of all kinds."

Jak Sandrow

"Ah. Hello, Ms. Alcori. Presently I am on Vandelhelm, and am unable to leave the surface. My boss "insists" that I stay behind on shore leave. That is also why I had to cut off my earlier transmission, as my boss was doing a routine "safety" inspection."

Jak Sandrow

"Are you planning to attack Vandelhelm?" he asked, incredulous. "There's enough pirates here to fill a Super Star Destroyer several times over! However, if you are, wait a few extra days before bombardment. I need to get my stuff. Here's my comm code."

"I very much doubt there's that many," Tegaea said brusquely. There was unlikely to be several hundred thousand pirates on a world only capable of sustaining a small population. "When and if we arrive, keep in contact with your location. Good luck, Mr Sandrow."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom