Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Dosing? Ever Heard of It?

Matreya

So my friend and I were talking first about Lucid Dream Meditation, but then later about a means of feeling multiple types of euphoric, or almost substance like high states. The effect is achieved through a means of alternating tones, frequencies, ranges, hertz, etc. I won't pretend I had any idea how it really worked, nor do I have a vastly bigger understanding now.

Anyway, I ask because I wanna hear the experiences people have had.

According to James, my friend, he listened to a 30 minute session called Euphoria, and then when finished felt lethargic, yet extremely happy, giggly even.

I however, had a... well I can't truly judge because of circumstances leading to it. Anyway, I listened to one called Whiskey Buzz. It was around 27 minutes, some odd seconds. It started in this almost... weirdly calming long droning pitch, before sky rocketing to this high squeal. It lasted maybe 12 minutes alternating, from low, to high, medium, then high before repeating.

At first I guess I just admittedly was surprised that it made me relax. I didn't think the sounds really would effect me. That's one of the things I heard, it doesn't always effect everyone and when it does, its almost never the same.

Well, at about the aforementioned 12 minute mark, I realized I was genuinely starting to feel a bit light headed. If I was standing, I imagine it could have almost been inebriative. But, now here's where my trip down I Dosing became aaaamaaaaaziiing.

Suddenly from out of nowhere a random change occurred, it was minimal - yet definitely noticeable due to the noticeable change. It was crazy, suddenly I felt I couldn't hear the tones, it was like the headphones had fallen out and that it was replaced with the sound of approaching footsteps.

Now, to set it up. I am currently staying in the mountains, though am used to always being in the city. So this already was bad for me, because being so secluded feels wrong. Plus this house is old, like early 20s old, and it is just myself awake at 3 o'clock in the morning. No lights outside, none inside beside my fone. So...

I instantly jerked to see what was causing it, because everyone was asleep. I knew this. My mother in law takes heavy sleeping meds and my fiance just had her first day of work in a long while, plus my kids don't even flinch until the sun is up - no matter what. Yet, as I'm turning my head, boom, I swear before everything was the typical "shadow figure" that all those "demon/paranormal shows" talk about. It seemed so fraking close, and was bent over toward me within arms reach, as if to attack my face.

Now, I haven't slept in almost 24 hours, and I know I am exhausted, caffeine fueled and that it was all the effect of the Dose.... but damn it was so vivid.

Has anyone else ever tried these? Originally I guess they were science experiments to see how sound waves effected the brain, and now I see why. I know there are ones to mimic nearly every mind effect one can imagine, drug related, liquor, sleep deprivation, even rejuvenating ones. But I never imagined they would work, let alone be able to take it in a wrong direction like that!

So personal experiences. Go.

binaural beats a like hypnosis. They only work as long there is something in your mind that believes that it works. From the scientific side there is absolutely nothing backing up any effect besides a very, very small stimulation of certain brain waves, which have small effect at best. Tried it a few times myself, with absolutely no effect whatsoever.

As for lucid dreaming. It's possible in some way, experienced it myself a few times, involuntarily. (I'm one of that guys that just dreams lucid from time to time, without the need for any tricks or techniques behind it.) Thing with dreams is that the perception of dream afterwards becomes blurred, and many people suspect that what we believe to have experienced afterwards is nothing like the dream we actually had, so making a yes or no statement here is probably impossible.

Also never underestimate the combination of a stimulant like caffeine and sleep deprivation. I mean lack of sleep alone can f... you up more than some drugs lol.

Also for everyone hoping that the state you get from binaural beats is anything like a illicit substance, you gotta be heavily disappointed. Placebo and your own mind can do many things, but it still is far away from actually manipulating your brain chemistry temporarily like a drug would do.

My two cents on the topic.

[member="Valashu Elahad"]

Matreya

Well all I really know about sound and manipulation, is that alternative frequencies can effect everything from rocks, to glass, to organs. Whether it actually effects the brain, is entirely unknown for me. As said though, I'm pretty sure it was a combination of stuff and wasn't all the sounds. Likely I was so relaxed, listening to a sound that my mind liked for one reason or another, then thought I heard something, to which my half conscious brain associated shadows with something I had once seen on television.

Either or, the idea that something like that could effect your mind? Sounds amazing, no?

[member="Darth Abyss"]

I wish it would work as people say. A lot lighter on the purse lol.

I know a bit about sound myself as a amateur producer and audio engineer, but manipulating the inside of your mind is a bit more complex than manipulating physical matter. Maybe binaural beats would have an effect if combined with other tools that manipulate your senses and nerves or your hormones, but by itself only slightly altering brainwaves shouldn't even be noticeable outside of a brainscan lol.

But I tried it, with a bit of suspicions but still hopeful and it gave me absolutely nothing, not even a light effect of placebo. Sure I could be the exception, but I now a lot of people who are like me in this, including a guy I know who has spend quite a lot of time learning lucid dreaming, so it certainly wasn't his disbelief that stopped them from working.

My guess would definitely be sleep depravation in combination with more or less trying to imagine things. (I don't mean actively, but I figured the mindset of listening to something that claims to make you high. Lack of sleep di some of the craziest stuff to my brain I can remember, and even a slight stimulant can amplify this effects.

[member="Valashu Elahad"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom