Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I don’t sense any deception…

Force_Empathy.jpg

Corvus had agreed to meet Padawan Zylah Dvale to teach her a lesson. No, not in that sense, she was sure the young girl was fully aware of what nearly happened when the Red Ravens came calling. Rather she was going to teach her something.

The Padawan was a good friend of her own charge – Kaia and Corvus was pleased that, generation after generation, young Jedi formed their own Padawan packs and helped each other out.

Corvus had promised the two that she’d take them to Rhen Var on a crystal hunt – but today was all about an Ability few asked about. Force Empathy. Some had a natural gift, others had to work at it – but it was a very useful addition to have in your toolbox and Corvus wondered why so few Jedi bothered learning it.

So she sat in the Meditation Pavilion in the gardens of Ossus and awaited the arrival of Zylah. And as she usually did, she meditated whilst she waited – she was early after all.

[member="Zylah Dvale"]

[SIZE=10pt]The Arkanian-Human hybrid had more or less just emerged from a lesson, before she was off to the meeting with Corvus Raaf. The topic for that class had been Force Speed, where several padawans had been put through an obstacle course, with stun bolts firing at them and doors closing at impossible speeds. To reach them in time, one had to rely on the Force. Training sabers had not been permitted. After it, Zylah had had time for a little break, and too pick her her training saber in case she'd need it, before heading off to meet with the Jedi Grandmaster herself. The Grandmaster. She wasn't nervous at all... [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]In truth, in addition to being nervous she felt ashamed. This was mainly due to recent events with the Red Ravens, word of which she assumed had reached Master Raaf by now. It had been foolish to think they wouldn't notice. While she believed in the end that she had made the right call, she didn't feel she had handled it quite the way she should've. She had put too much responsibility on herself, thinking by her just being there she could figure out what Des was up to, and prevent anyone from doing something stupid. What she should've done, the minute this plot was revealed to her, was of course inform the Jedi Masters. She wasn't sure what was next for her, if she'd be reprimanded or punished in some way, but Zylah knew what she'd done, and would face whatever sentence was passed on her. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]While nervous and unsure how Corvus would act towards her, she was still happy she had agreed to meet and help her in her training. Zylah was ecstatic she got to accompany her and Kaia to Rhen Var. She only knew Corvus by reputation. Naturally, as Grandmaster of the Jedi, but also as the Master of her close friend, Kaia Vullen. Blind, at least in the normal sense of the word, Kaia had never actually seen Corvus. It had been fascinating to hear her describe her, based merely on the way Corvus appeared through the Force to the Miraluka.[/SIZE] It was clear that Zylah's abilities within the Force were lacking, noticeable in comparison to Kaia, who had already surpassed her here.

[SIZE=10pt]Finally, the padawan entered into the Meditation Pavilion where Corvus awaited her, with slight hesitation in her steps. She felt as if she'd have to fake the confidence that normally came so easy to her. "Master Raaf" she said, breaking the silence. Although she was certain that the Jedi was very much aware of her presence, she still felt like making her presence known. "I'm Padawan Zylah Dvale. I'm pleased you agreed to meet with me" She didn't have the guts to be impolite or joke around, not today. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][member=Corvus Raaf][/SIZE]

Corvus sensed her arrival but kept her eyes closed until the Padawan was close by. And she sensed a great number of emotions – which was apt given the subject they would learn today.

And these emotions needed to be dealt with, or else they had the potential to interfere with the lesson. So she opened her eyes and approximated a bow from her seated position, and then indicated the bench beside her, suggested Zylah should also sit.

“Padawan Dvale. I trust your Force Speed training was good.” She smiled, “Don’t worry, I’m not reading your mind, I just happen to know the schedule. And I am Corvus and from this point on I shall call you Zylah, if that’s OK with you.”

The warm smile played on her lips again. “And before we start, let’s clear up a few thing and then we can learn without any interference. I am aware of the situation with the Red Ravens. Having a Padawan tends to cause a Force Bond. The longer the relationship lasts, the stronger it becomes. I was aware your group was in danger and saw a few images. Faces I knew of. But you made the right decision – which I must commend you for. And rest assured we don’t do punishments here. At least not in the traditional sense. Perhaps transgressors would prefer we did as our approach is typically to ask those who exercise poor judgement to leave the Order or return to being a Youngling until they are ready to be chosen again.”

Her voice was calm and level, friendly in fact. “You see, my life could be in your hands tomorrow. That’s the difference between being a Youngling and a Padawan. We need you to make the right decisions – which you did – and I am grateful that you exercised such sound judgement. Well done.”

“So…that over, what are we about to learn? I understand you want to learn about Force Empathy, so here we are.” With this, Corvus produced a small feline from her pocket. It was very small – clearly a kitten – and currently fast asleep. “And this little chap will help us.”

“Now, any questions before we start?”

[member="Zylah Dvale"]

[SIZE=10pt]She returned the bow Corvus gave her, rather quickly as she realized she had almost forgotten that important piece of etiquette. Zylah looked a little surprised at Corvus, but when she clarified why she knew, she only smiled. "It went well, thank you. I'm starting to get the hang of it" she said, pleased. She felt like she was on the verge of a breakthrough. Force Speed felt like one of the more advanced techniques she practiced, but also one that struck her as highly useful, one she intended to improve upon as much as she could. Speed and agility could come a long way in tearing down brute strength. "Thank you... Corvus" she said. It felt a little unnatural at first, to refer to the Grandmaster by her first name, though it went a long way in putting Zylah more at ease in her presence. "Please do, call me Zylah" she said, the smile widening. This was a good start. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Zylah listened intently as the Red Raven situation was brought up. She had suspected it would come up, but she was surprised by the way Corvus dealt with it, choosing to emphasize on the good decisions rather than the bad. Zylah was grateful, and after hearing her speak, it felt as if a great weight was lifted off her shoulders. "Thank you" she said, heartfelt. She didn't know what else to say, she felt she should say more, but those two words were all that came out. It was a little emotional for her, though the wave that washed over Zylah now was mostly positive. Corvus could probably sense how relieved Zylah felt. It wasn't because she avoided punishment, it was more that she was still accepted and not tossed aside like a bad apple. It might be that Corvus considered that Zylah's own thoughts had punished her enough, and that she would seek to make better decisions in the future because of it. Positive reinforcement went a long way in strengthening that loyalty she felt towards the Order, as well as her sense of self-worth and ability to envision herself as a Jedi. While the outcome of the trip was still up in the wind, with Slice and Des both gone, she was glad that for now, she could put this behind her. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Her expression changed entirely when Corvus pulled out the feline. This was what the Jedi Academy needed more of, kittens! She forgot herself, and her company, and let out an audible "Awww" at the superior cuteness of the little creature. It took her a little moment to recover and bring herself back into the mindset of training. "Yes" Zylah confirmed "I'm... Not the best with elaborate or powerful Force abilities." she admitted. Admitting shortcomings was never easy. "But I figure, even the most basic of abilities can be powerful if used right. If I learned to excel in the basics, I think it would help put me more in tune with my body and the Force, and overall make me a better Jedi" she said, giving away her reasoning. "I don't have any question yet, I think" she said, allowing herself to look at the beautiful creature that lay sleeping still in Corvus' hand. Best training mate ever. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt](OOC: Awww, I'm training with kittens! Hitting me right in the feels here, Corvus.)[/SIZE]​

Corvus listened to Zylah. “I’m pleased the training is going well. Force Speed is useful and when you become a Knight you can learn Force Valor. When you think of the acrobatics that say Master Yoda used – that was what allowed him to do so. Force Valor increases speed, strength and the ability to predict an opponent’s strikes. But I’m getting ahead of myself.”

And she sensed the range of emotions that the Padawan felt with regards the Red Ravens but chose not to mention it again. Corvus was always about the future and the past? Well it was done now and she was sure that Zylah and her own Padawan would have learned from the experience. The fate of the other two? At best it hung in the balance.

And the Master could not suppress a smile at the reaction the kitten provoked. “I used to have a cat once, when I was young. Prudence it was called. Black and white with a pink nose, but that’s not entirely relevant is it?”

“So, this is, I’m sure you’ll agree, the most delightful training aid imaginable. For today we shall learn about Force Empathy. But before we start and I drone on about facts you may already know, please tell me what your understanding of the Ability is.” And Corvus stroked the kitten resting on her hand involuntarily. It was a kitten after all.

[member="Zylah Dvale"]

[SIZE=10pt]Corvus' mention of Force Valor peaked her interest. That was definitely something she would have to investigate in the future. But, as Corvus said, it was most likely something better suited for a Knight. Zylah made a mental note to either ask Seraphina or Corvus about it when the time was right.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]The presence of the kitten felt great, and so soothing. Zylah thought in the moment that a kitten ought to be present in every lesson in the Academy. She might've been biased, but she liked animals. "Maybe not, but I still appreciate the story." she said with a smile, her blue eyes again returning to the tiny creature. The Padawan simply couldn't resist any longer, and reached out a hand to gently stroke its fine, soft fur. "Prudence is a beautiful name for a cat" and a proper name for a true Jedi kitten. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Again she found herself needing to drag herself back into reality and training mode. After all, she didn't want to give a bad impression or come off as easily distracted, though there certainly was some truth to that last part. Zylah thought about it for a moment, before she said "My understanding is that Force Empathy is a key to understanding people's true meaning." she stated her summarized understanding, before elaborating "It allows us to connect with others, to better understand them. It's not like reading their mind exactly, but through being able to understand people's current emotional state, a lot can be revealed." she paused to gather her thoughts, and to try to phrase her finishing statement. "Sentient beings communicate their intentions just as much through emotions as through words. Words can be deceiving, but emotions are universal. Usually, all we'd have to work with would be words, but through the Force we can see through that" Though countless languages existed, as far as Zylah knew, the language of feelings was understood everywhere. Though it might be expressed differently, due to either physical or cultural differences, through the Force, she imagined it'd all be the same. [/SIZE]

Corvus was impressed by Zylah’s knowledge and nodded her approval. “Good, good. Too often Padawans come to a lesson with an open mind – which is good, but a blank one – which is bad.”

“Your understanding is excellent. Now, some are natural empaths, some have a strong affinity and others learn the gift.”

“I think I fall into the middle category. I’m not a natural empath but even as a very young girl, I knew when people were lying or happy or any strong emotion really. Once I started at the Academy – I was four at the time – and I accessed the Force, that Ability grew exponentially. To the point where I had to build a virtual wall in my mind. If not, every emotion around would overwhelm me. Quite literally. So for years I was emotionless. None in and none out. It was the only way I could protect myself. It meant normal relationships were almost impossible. I couldn’t read if anyone was happy or sad. I was called the cold-fish when I first came here. But it didn’t hurt. I understood why I was called it.”

“But then a natural empath taught me to filter emotions. To allow a normal amount through. More often than not I’m in that mode but when on a mission, for exa,mple, I tend to put that defence back up. It’s especially important when the Sith are around.”

“Anyway, the point is, I can teach you and how powerful it becomes is down to fate I guess. You may end up with enhanced senses naturally or an Ability to use it through the Force. We won’t know until we teach you though.”

“So, based on all of that, I need you to relax. Meditate and connect to the Force. Once I sense that I shall wake up Prudence here and I want you to sense for emotions. Animals tend to have more simple needs and so their emotions are more basic. Hunger, tiredness, happiness, fear.”

So she waited for Zylah to reach the required state.

[member="Zylah Dvale"]

[SIZE=10pt]Zylah was glad Corvus seemed pleased. "I'm not sure which category I fall into. Guess we'll find out, huh!" she thought about what Corvus said, and it made her feel a little sad. "I'm sorry you had to go through that." she said, genuinely. "But I guess you came out stronger because of it" she said, adding a little smile. Being emotionless, perhaps it had been fine, although Zylah couldn't help but think it must've been very lonely. What Corvus said also made her think about her own experiences from a very young age. It made Zylah wonder. "I've often had hunches... Like, I used to worry alot what people thought about me, every move I made, from what I said to the way I walked." it was embarrassing to admit, but she felt it was worth it if she could bring some clarity to her. "Could that have something to do with that? Or does it just mean I wasn't a very confident child?" she laughed, certainly that was what she had thought it was. "I had hunches as to what people thought of me, how they viewed me. Could it be that I was picking up emotions, without really knowing I did?" It might be far-fetched, she didn't recognize herself in what Corvus told of her childhood, it hadn't been that strong. It often focused on the negative ones, where the positive emotions were neglected. Perhaps that was why she had been an introverted and insecure child? "It got better once I was taken in by the Jedi though. I remember before, feeling like I was always being judged, surrounded by an air of scrutiny." she wasn't really considered an individual back then, so much as a merchandise. A product to be developed and shipped off to the highest bidder. The Jedi were open, however, they didn't judge, and she had grown out of her introverted shell and her sometimes destructive thought-patterns eventually. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]After that she turned her attention to the task at hand, trying to do what Corvus asked of her. She was ready to learn. She understood the concept of it well enough, it seemed, but that hadn't made her any more proficient in the past. It seemed it had been a collision of theory and practice. She just didn't know how to apply it. Zylah closed her eyes, trying to enter into the desired state. "Do you have any meditation tips?" again, she felt a little embarrassed about the question she had just asked, as it seemed like a very basic thing to do. However, she had noticed she was slower than others to reach that sate, or at least she thought so. She tried to clear her mind, clearing her head of visual images and just picturing a big, bright, white wall, fighting to block out any other thought that tried to interrupt her. Then, she opened herself to the Force, letting it flow through her, as well as have it open to her, in an attempt to have her presence and consciousness transcend that of her physical body. Already it felt a little easier than before. It might've been because she was alone with Corvus, which was less stressful than performing simultaneously with a group of other Padawans. It could, of course, also be thanks to the lovely presence of the sleeping beauty, Prudence. [/SIZE]

Corvus smiled. “Force Abilities often manifest themselves before we’re aware we have the gift. So we’ll soon find out. But if the overall emotions were negative towards you, I suspect they were just insecurities. Unless you just focused on the negatives of course.”

Corvus placed a hand on Zylah’s shoulder. She pushed a little of the Force into her. “Just focus on the Force, you access it all of the time. But instead of looking for it to use it, just allow it to flow into you. Focus on it rather than any of your feelings. Open yourself to the Force. This is known as centring yourself. You will become very calm and your connection to the Force will increase as a result.”

“You will feel at peace. Then is the ideal time to search for Prudence’s emotions.”
Corvus tickled the kitten under the chin as she spoke.

[member="Zylah Dvale"]

[SIZE=10pt]"Maybe." Zylah nodded, thinking about it. Honestly, she had no idea. It was a thought that had popped into her mind, one which she had explored. But she decided not to dwell on the past, and anchored herself in the present instead. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]What Corvus said made her realize what she might've done wrong. She had tried to command the Force, trying to wield it like a lightsaber, like a tool. Perhaps that was not the right way? Perhaps the Force ought to be treated like its own independent entity, one she would open herself to, one she would trust. The Force provides, she thought she had heard someone say that before. Was this what they meant? She could've asked Corvus these questions, but she didn't want to break her concentration or counteract the effort Corvus was making to aid her. Instead, she focused. Or rather, she relaxed. Instead of trying to force herself to picture nothing, to fight off other thoughts, she simply let go of all efforts, surrendering herself to the Force. There is only the Force. She opened herself to it, not demanding anything, simply acknowledged its existence and attempted to connect with it. Corvus' push helped; Zylah felt at ease, she felt serene. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]This was when she attempted to expand her view, to allow her vision to be carried onwards by the wavelengths of the Force, focusing her efforts on Prudence, trying to sense the kitten's emotional state. Or to put it in another way, Zylah's efforts were no longer on trying, but on doing.[/SIZE]

Corvus was aware that Zylah was entering a state of meditation. Like most uses uses of the Force, once practiced it became easier and easier. And also quicker to attain the same level.

So she allowed the Padawan to relax and to connect deeply with the Force - and she could not help but to offer gentle advice.

"Trust in the Force. It will never let you down." Her voice was gentle and low, barely above a whisper. "It is not a tool. This is the Sith philosophy. Tell the Force what you wish to achieve and it will allow you to accomplish your task. That is the way of the Light-side. Believe and you will be successful, it is never more complicated than that."

[member="Zylah Dvale"]

[SIZE=10pt]Zylah felt herself entering into that ideal state, feeling aware as well as very calm. This time she didn't try to use the Force like an innate power, but instead tried to get it to cooperate with her, making her own intentions clear while trusting that the Force would guide her. The tips from Corvus were useful. Again, she didn't reply with words but simply applied the knowledge she received. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Her presence extended to that of the cat, seeking to understand it, to read its emotions. She didn't feel like she required intense focus or effort, the process came easy thanks to this meditative state. It felt like less was more, she demanded nothing from the Force, didn't try to subjugate it to her will, but cooperated with it, allowing it to show her the way. "I feel... Comfortable. Safe" Zylah said out loud, eyes still closed. Then she laughed briefly, before adding "and a growing hunger" she was speaking for Prudence. [/SIZE]

Corvus smiled as Zylah described precisely what Corvus herself was sensing. And then she started to stroke the cat. It's audible purring was a clue to its emotional state but she wanted to see if Zylah could pick up on it through the Force too.

In truth, Zylah was probably as she was. So on one hand a huge positive in picking up emotions. On the down-side, she would now need training to filter them out.

[member="Zylah Dvale"]

As Corvus stroked the cat, she noticed a change. It was impossible not to smile, she almost laughed as she felt the kitten's enjoyment. She (he?) was most likely the most comfortable being on Ossus, or so it felt like to Zylah. "I think she likes that" the purring became but background static, against the waves of the Force. The sense of comfort and safety she had mentioned before was still there, possibly even stronger than before. "The food can wait..." she smiled, as the feline seemed to prefer the current situation to a quest for food. "For now, I feel... Happiness" in the sense animals felt happy. Perhaps they didn't have the same understanding of the term, but certainly, this must be happiness, right? In a pure, innocent form.

It was amazing to her, how she could allow her presence to expand beyond her own physical form, and gain a deeper knowledge of those around her. Somehow it felt natural, as if the knowledge had always been there, but she had never bothered to look for it. Curious and emboldened by her initial success with the kitten, Zylah attempt to sneak a peek at Corvus. Yet the Grandmaster was a mystery to her. She didn't know if that simply meant that the Master was serene, her mind cleared completely of emotional distraction, or if it was due to Zylah's own failings.

Corvus smiled. "This seems to be one of those Abilities you either have an aptitude for or you don't. And you certainly have it." She laughed, "And this is likely to be one of the shortest lessons you'll ever have with me. You've grasped the basics. Now it's about practice. With animals is generally safe. With people you need to respect their privacy of course."

"If there comes a time when you can't help but pick up emotions, even without trying, you have a choice. Accept it and be sensible with the gift, or come and see me and I'll teach you how to build a wall in your mind to reduce that flow. If, like me, it all becomes overwhelming, we'll have to show you how to close them down totally if you need to. When you're facing the Sith, emotions are like fuel to them, it wouldn't pay to feed them."

"Now we're effectively complete but if you wanted to learn a related ability now, I have the time. Telepathy? Force Sight?"

[member="Zylah Dvale"]

Zylah couldn't keep back a smile, and in honesty, she saw no need to do so. She appreciated the praise, and moreso that she seemed to have managed to grasp the ability, at the very least in its basic form. "Thank you Master Ra-Corvus" she corrected herself, remembering what Corvus had said earlier. Though the Grandmaster had said Zylah likely had a natural aptitude for it, Zylah didn't believe she would've understood it, certainly not this quickly, without her guidance. "I'll practice it when I can, I won't misuse it, I promise" she said with an assuring smile, understanding that the Jedi way was not to invade the mind of another. "I'll come to you if that becomes the case" she said, nodding her head again in appreciation. Zylah had a temper, she knew, not being tricky to goad. It seemed like a useful thing to know in any case. Zylah had a feeling she'd be back.

Zylah's eyes lit up as Corvus said that. A bonus lesson? Excellent! "That'd be great!" Corvus likely didn't require Force Empathy to read the Arkanian's emotional state. She thought about it for a moment. "I'd like to learn telepathy" another of those subtle abilities that could become highly useful in times of distress. It'd become more potent as her ability to locate the presences of others in the Force, identifying individuals in groups of many, became honed as well. Telepathy was one of those abilities she knew many Padawans already knew, but she hadn't quite figured it out yet. In addition to that, she figured, the Grandmaster's time was precious, and her friend Kaia, as a Miraluka, was familiar with Force Sight. Perhaps Kaia could later teach her that ability.

[member=Corvus Raaf]

Corvus nodded, "Telepathy it is then, and Prudence here can help us again."

"When you handle a creature as vulnerable as this, you're instinctively gentle. This is just how we should be with the mind. We are not Sith who could not care less about any damage they cause. Rather we owe any animal or person that we attempt to contact to respect their mind."

"Now you'll start the same way, finding Prudence's overriding emotion. But this time you'll follow it back to it's source. Her mind. Every Jedi imagines this a different way. Some see it like travelling up a wire to a computer. Or travelling upstream in a small river, or flowing through the ether back to a hub for example. Whatever works for you - and maybe you'll have a different way of doing it."

"And initially it will be a conscious effort. Like riding a bike. But once you're competent, you'll do it without thinking."

"So go ahead and seek out her mind. Be gentle and tell me when you've reached it."

[member="Zylah Dvale"]

Zylah smiled, delighted that Prudence would stay with them for this lesson as well. She was so gonna tell Kaia all about how she'd been training with kittens. She'd be so jelly. Her smile widened.

Her expression became one of focus again as Corvus explained. She didn't wanna seem as if she wasn't paying attention. Zylah nodded in understanding. She'd try to be gentle, the last thing she wanted was to harm or otherwise frighten the fragile being. Zylah respected the sovereignty of the mind, of Prudence and any other. She knew she wouldn't like to be on the receiving end of similar techniques without an invitation.

Zylah returned to that meditative state she had been in before, repeating the process. It seemed easier this time. Perhaps it was because she'd already done it once shortly before, and picking up the trail was easier because of it. Like she had when searching Prudence's emotions, Zylah singled in on the kitten's presence, locating her through the Force. The image of travelling upstream a small river was one she liked, so she went with that.

Zylah pictured the scene, feeling Prudence's emotions as before, then proceeded to trail their path back to the source. She felt as if she was swimming upstream, against the current, though this was likely due to inexperience. It felt like a long swim as well. The river was vast, breaking off into several minor streams, and she often found herself caught following them instead. Likely they all led back to the same source, but the path was less direct. She knew where she was going, and she imagined she could've forced it, breaking through towards it like a wave, crushing any potential defences. That was how a Sith would to it, she imagined. But she wasn't a Sith. Peace. Serenity. Eventually, she found herself locating the mind of the kitten. The emotions she had felt before, now felt like loud thoughts coming from her own mind.

"I'm there" Zylah whispered. Her voice was soft and low, as if worried about disturbing Prudence. How long it had taken her to reach there, she didn't know. Time kind of became fluid.

[member=Corvus Raaf]

“OK, now a kitten, being a non-sentient, won’t respond to verbal instruction. You’ll need to find a more imaginative way to influence her. I want you to encourage her to look for something in my pocket.”

It was a simple instruction, said relatively quickly, but Corvus knew the doing was a lot more complex. But such was the way with training sometimes.

[member="Zylah Dvale"]

Encourage her to look for something in her pocket. Alright, you can do this. Zylah tried to think of ways to get Prudence to want to investigate Corvus' pocket. It's a nice pocket, she thought. I really wonder what's in it. Hmmm, if only I knew what was in the pocket! Such a nice pocket... I really wonder what's-kitty! Kark. That didn't work. Prudence seemed entirely disinterested. Zylah knew verbal instruction wouldn't help, but she had imagined her desires would translate well. She appeared to be wrong.

Then Zylah had another thought, a moment of brilliance - or so she thought. It was something Corvus had said earlier. but if you wanted to learn a related ability now, I have the time.. A related ability. Could Force Empathy be used to help her achieve her current goal? Zylah pictured Corvus, what she was wearing, then zoning in on the pocket. She imagined it visually, and attempted to project its impression over to the little kitten, through their current shared state of mind. Next step was to try to use Force Empathy, in a sort of reverse-engineered sense. Zylah felt excited curiosity. It was her own. She attempted to share this with Prudence, project it, as she had attempted to do with the image. It was a strenuous task to the young Padawan, and she felt like she was trying to do new things at once. She sort of was. Zylah was trying to project two images, but thankfully they were of different natures - one visual, the other an emotion. As such, they should not block each other out, but rather, work together. Or so she hoped. Zylah's attempts were crude, and far from subtle. It was likely that a Human, especially a Jedi, would be able to see through it quite easily. But for the young kitters, Prudence, then perhaps it would work...

[member=Corvus Raaf]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom