Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Didn't Come to Dance

Coruscant

Willulf walked slowly towards a night club's entrance, with disgust finding it's place on his face. This feeling most likely stemmed from him remembering past experiences in these kinds of places. None of it really mattered though, a few drinks and he'd more or less have other things on his mind. Drinking put him in a state of insecurity so he felt uncomfortable doing it often, but he did sometimes. Times like now when he had nothing else to do.

Well, he did have something to do. He shook off the feeling and recalled what he originally came here for. Yes, it was for some kind of self-reflection. Willulf kept a journal in his satchel to write about his adventures as a normal man. It reminded him that he could be normal. Writing at a night club wasn't necessary but he believed drinking made it easier to let go of his emotions. They wouldn't show on his face and they had to be expressed in some way for him to hold up. Even Willulf couldn't bottle up all of his feelings.

He turned to the right once he made it inside and neared a few empty booths. For a moment, he glanced over at the various dancers. His interest wasn't there, as seen by him quickly looking away. Choosing suitable seat was now his focus. A circular booth wasn't occupied by anyone so he decided to claim it, sliding into the booth and stopping directly in the middle. Willulf let his satchel rest on the seat beside him and he slowly pulled out a pen and his journal. After ordering a glass of whiskey he'd begin writing.

[member="Val Aranda"]

The nightlife was not one that Val found herself enjoying most of the time. She preferred a quiet night with her face in a book to this, very much. However, she was there for her friend, Joni. Joni needed someone to go to the club with her because she, very often, had too much to drink and would frequently end up becoming very belligerent. Val was there as her guardian angel, basically. Val didn't drink that often, so her job was pretty simple. Val just wore a simple black dress, one that covered her coolth suit from sight. She wasn't ashamed of it. Not as much as the original version of the coolth suit. She just thought it looked tacky for the nightlife style.

Upon entering the club, Val's friend almost immediately started dancing as she moved towards the dance floor, pulling Val along with her. The crowd was jam packed with people dancing to the music, Val's small form could barely even fit between them, but Joni managed to find a path for them to traverse and end up in the middle of the dance floor. Once there, Val joined Joni in dancing, moving with her beat. She wasn't much of a dancer, but Val clearly had rhythm. After a few songs, Val needed a break. She maneuvered back out of the crowd, doing her best to keep an eye on her friend as she made her way to the bar. Once there, the bartender approached her.

"Hey, can i get you a drink?"

"Just a water, please? Thanks." Val dropped the credits on the counter top and waited for her water. Once the bartender returned, he sld the credits towards him and placed the water bottle on the counter, near Val. She picked it up and turned around, leaning her back against the bar and kept an eye on her friend.

[member="Willulf Montari"]

Click. He flipped open the journal and turned over several pages, one could see how empty it was. This wasn't due to him starting his habit of writing in a journal recently, Willulf actually had planned on doing it for quite awhile. The reason for the lack of words in the book was... well, it wasn't important. Now, he'd be filling it up with interesting things that happened in his life. That is, assuming he would indeed have some fun things to record on paper. Chances of that happening were low but a recent meeting with a stranger may change those odds. He forgot to grab a drink before sitting down and waiting on a server took too long, so he rose to his feet and walked towards the bar leaving his belongings behind.

Willulf glanced over at the dancefloor to see various people of many different species dancing and having a great time. A small grin, which was quick to leave appeared on his face. He would've danced too but he couldn't bring himself to relax that much. Maybe he'd change that thinking after drinking a few glasses of poison. Wil continued on his way to the bar, as he thought about which kind of liquor sounded nice. He usually drank a type of wine when he wanted alcohol but he was feeling a little bold. We'll go with the hard stuff. he decided on what he wanted to drink just as he reached the bar.

He overheard the order a woman gave to the bartender and it almost made him laugh. Willulf thought water was bizarre for an order in a nightclub. Once she was done talking to the bartender, he approached Wil. He spoke quickly and before the man could speak. "Corellian rum, if you will." he wasted no time, not that he was in a rush but he wanted to get back to his seat. Willulf looked towards the woman's direction. He felt like commenting on her choice of drink and so he did. "You don't drink alcohol, love?" he wasn't sure if she'd realize that he was talking to her, as her focus appeared to be on the crowd.

[member="Val Aranda"]

Val took a few sips of her water before giving the stranger her attention. "Not so much, no. Especially not when chaperoning." She pointed out to the dance floor where her friend was. "Gotta keep an eye out for my friend and can't really do that while drunk, can I?" She laughed softly. She returned her gaze to her friend, but eventually lost her within the crowd. It was rather busy in there at the time. Must have been ladies night or some other special the club was having. "You drinking to celebrate or what?"

[member="Willulf Montari"]

Chaperoning? he thought to himself. Chaperoning a friend? He had never did something like that unless watching over his master counted, it reminded him of her. Willulf's master trained him for the duration of the ten years that he spent as a member in the organization, everything from combat to seduction. He stopped thinking about it and gave an answer. "Most certainly not." In response to her laugh, he let out a fake but seemingly real chuckle with a wide grin. It was something he'd worked on perfecting for years and he was getting close. The average person should be oblivious to his deceitful face.

The young lady turned to look at her friend and then back to Willulf. He maintained that convincing smile even when eye contact was lost. She was curious about why he was here. Wil wasted no time in answering. "Unfortunately, no. I'm quite boring I'm afraid," he pointed to his claimed booth. "I figured a noisy club would be an ideal location for writing in my journal so I came here to drink and write."

[member="Val Aranda"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom