Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private I Can't Believe It's Not Art!

The Gentleman Sniper

uT4m4ps.png

Clothing

"Ah damn it!"

Dagmar broke his colored pencil while putting on the finishing touches to his masterpiece. Well...... he thought what he created on the canvas was a masterpiece. It was a beautiful day in Naboo's Lake County, it was enough for Dagmar to get off of his rear end and set it back down at the patio to try his hand at painting. Dagmar wanted to try new things while toiling away at the family Lake House. It always stunk to be waiting in between deployments, Dagmar definitely didn't want to hear the words of his father saying that he's a Kortu and he's going to be the head the soon. Dagmar had heard those words constantly from Jorus Kortu his "dear old" Dad over the years. His Dad had told Dagmar to be mentally prepared for the day he steps down to which Dagmar often joked that he would refuse power even if his father pointed a blaster at his head threatened him to do so.

If anything, Dagmar's father loved power and the family name. It was to a point where Dagmar felt like House Kortu became less of a family and more of employees to a publicly traded company. Already his father was venturing deep into the Galaxy spreading the Kortu name and placing his children in marriages. It's like Dagmar was some toy on the assembly line in which he can use whenever he wanted. Dagmar didn't want that, he was sure that his younger brother: Markus would be happy to take over. Especially now given that his latent power in the Force. It mean that due to Markus' success with the Silver Jedi Order it opened up more avenues for House Kortu to expand. Dagmar would've liked it if his House stayed in Alderaan but his father was a hero in the Omega War helping lead the Republic to major victories. It only further elevated House Kortu's status as a major player now that the hero of Omega war was in power.

Dagmar sighed as he continued to draw on the Canvas. The less he thinks of his father, the better besides there wasn't talk about Dagmar taking over recently so maybe be was getting the message. Dagmar didn't want to become head of the House, his father can have all the power. Smiling a bit, Dagmar continued to put the final touches onto the canvas while beamed at his drawing with pride.

OB-npc-Modreyn_Oreyn_Painting.jpg

"Oh it's beautiful," he whispered, tears starting to form in his eyes.

Octavia Bardot Octavia Bardot

rNu7oyb.png

OOC: Template belongs to Kyra Perl Kyra Perl !

Last edited:

cGTrsRv.png

TAG: Dagmar Kortu Dagmar Kortu
Wearing: [xXx]

---------

How long had it been since Octavia had stepped over the threshold of this home? How long since she had greeted this family like the old friends they were, without the ever nagging presence of her own parents, no less? While she was quite aware that her older brother, Caius, was lurking about somewhere, right now that was of little consequence to Tavi. She was here on a single minded mission; to hunt down and find one of her oldest and dearest friends.

Childhood seemed quite a long time ago now, and so many things had happened since the last time the auburn haired woman had seen her friend. For them both, she was sure. But there would be time to reflect upon those things once the pair of them were actually face to face. It did not take too long for Tavi to be pointed in the right direction, thankfully. She had thanked the hand that directed her where she needed to go, and again Octavia passed from inside to out as she finally caught sight of her target.

She approached quietly, much as she always did, and she stood a respectable distance between herself and Dagmar as she observed him and his work. Her head lightly lofted from side to side for a time, her brow pulled down ever so delicately in the middle as she gave the piece real assessment. And then she finally made a soft humming noise of thought. "I believe it needs more color." she stated, doing her best not to smirk considering she had not announced her presence before that moment. "Perhaps bolder lines?" Tavi's feet carried her closer so that she could squint at the canvas, though now she couldn't help the soft smirk on her face. "Maybe that's not it either," she folded her arms though brought one fist to her chin, the arm bent at the elbow against the other.

"I cannot quite put my finger on it," she told him. "Though I must say, I'm quite impressed regardless."

fire.png

The Gentleman Sniper

uT4m4ps.png

Dagmar continued to stare at his work of art, his heart swelled with awe what he just finished. Sure to many it was just stick figures, yes Markus Kortu Markus Kortu would torment about how it lacked "style" and say that it's better to stick his pencil up his you know what. Yet Dagmar didn't care what he think, it didn't matter what he thought of this art piece. To him, the fact that Dagmar managed to get up, walk over towards the patio in front of the beautiful meadows and begin to draw anything was an accomplishment all in itself. Besides guys like Markus are often self important and demand perfection that it was pretty fracking irritating to hear every nitpick.

Rubbing his chin, Dagmar's eyes scanned the canvas trying to figure out what to add next. An artist is never truly satisfied with their work at least that's what he was told by Tavi. Just then a familiar hum broke the tranquil silence causing Dagmar to jump a bit, he didn't expect anyone to come at his Lake House at least not at this time. "Tavi?" he chuckled looking around. "Way to sneak up on me like that."

His childhood friend approached the canvas giving a look around. If there was one person whom Dagmar can trust not only with his artwork but also with life in general it was Octavia. The two have become close friends almost to the point where he felt maybe friendship wasn't enough though he kept it to himself. Octavia was the one who encouraged Dagmar to get into painting and was even the one who him about perspective and keeping a consistent theme.

"You think I need more bolder lines?" Dagmar said immediately reaching to his paintbrush and dipping it into the purple paint. "What themes can you see from here Tavi? I'm trying to create a story like you told me to and well I did have a story in mind."

He began to brush against his stick figure carefully. "But I dunno Tavi," He said chuckling. "The moment my pencil touched the canvas I just began to draw. Like the story I had in my head is far different than what I drew here."

Dagmar sighed listening to the birds singing. "What does that mean?" He asked staring at his best friend.

rNu7oyb.png

cGTrsRv.png

---------

There was a soft laugh from Octavia and she shook her head as amusement colored her face. "I was only teasing you, Dagmar." she told him. "Your lines are fine, though I can see you got swept up in whatever it was you started to do, rather than whatever it was you sat down to do in the first place."

Tavi had been using art to cope for a lot of the little things in her life, for most of her life. It was easy for her to see the little details that meant big things. Some things the artists themselves didn't see, in fact. Granted, that did not always mean she was right, but more often than not she could see the intentions of a piece. "As for your question, it means that your creative mind did not agree with your thoughtful intentions for this piece." she mused with a small smirk on her lips.

"So, what made you decide to come out here and paint today, hm?" she questioned him, stepping out from behind him so that she was more beside him instead. "Has this been happening more frequently?" Tavi was curious, of course. Art wasn't exactly something Dag had been doing for years and years as she herself had. So to come along and find him out here, doing artsy things unprompted? It made her very curious.

fire.png

The Gentleman Sniper

uT4m4ps.png

Thank the Force Dagmar was blessed with dark skin because his face was probably red with embarrassment. Something which Octavia would endlessly tease him over. "Yeah you love teasing me," Dagmar said feeling his ears redden while he picked up his pencil and began to darken the lines around the purple colored stick figure wielding a sword. He sighed as memories began to flash before his eyes, Dagmar's Twileak commander, a person begging to stop the torture, Dagmar asking the commander to ease off saying that he had a enough. "Are you a patriot Sergeant?" The commander said his tone ice cold. "This needs to be done."

A snap bought Dagmar back to reality as he shook his head. Great.... another bad memory petrifying his entire body and flooding with fear and guilt. That ended a record of number of days Dagmar went without having flashbacks. "A whole two days," He mused.

"Sorry," Dagmar whispered to Octavia, as a soldier he didn't want to burden her of things he saw and did off planet. Octavia was a playful, witty woman but above all else she was innocent. Dagmar didn't want Octavia to be exposed to his problems, the nightmares, not being able to save fellow friends and soldiers. It was best to deal with it on his own he was a Kortu after all and Kortus are self sufficient.

"Great," He thought. "I sound just like Dad."

Dagmar sighed again forcing a smile. "This one," he said. "Is a Twileak trying to mess around with a hostage. You know that play you and I saw as kids? What was that name again?"

He snorted. "Blah!" he smiled. "Had it at the tip of my tongue! But I was thinking about that funny interrogation scene."

It was a lie and Dagmar knew that Octavia probably wouldn't buy it.

rNu7oyb.png

cGTrsRv.png

---------

If ever there was one thing about Octavia, it was that she had an infinite about of patience. With her siblings, and her parents? She didn't really have much choice in the matter. She was always the solid piece in gatherings, the buffer between the wild antics of her siblings and the disapproving state of their parents. So when Dag had more or less zoned out while speaking to her? Tavi merely waited it out with the utmost patience until he seemed to reel himself back in.

"What are you apologizing for?" she questioned him, lofting a slender brow as she looked at him now. "Its not as if I've not had my fair share of moments where I wandered off in my own thoughts." she pointed out to him with a simple shrug of her shoulders.

But when he brought up the influence for his piece here, the auburn haired woman's lips pressed into a thin line for a moment. It was not difficult to tell that he was lying; merely trying to make the scene seem less than what it actually was. "I don't recall the play's title," she did tell him after a moment and a shake of her head. "But I do remember the scene you're referencing. Still not entirely convinced it was a real Twi'lek and not someone in a costume."

It had been a serious debate between them when they were younger, for a long time, after all. But Tavi sighed through her nose softly and touched his shoulder, if only briefly. "Are you planning to stay out here all day? I don't know about you, but I could use something to drink right about now, and you're being a terrible host." she teased him once again.

fire.png

The Gentleman Sniper

uT4m4ps.png

A part of Dagmar was hurt when he Octavia said that he was "zoning out" it wasn't like he can control the memories of past battles. The last time Dagmar had a good night's rest was before his first battle which was about 10 years ago. He couldn't blame Octavia though, Dagmar kept the nightmares close to his chest. He didn't want to share his experiences with anyone especially Octavia. The woman was innocent, she had never experienced high risk combat, seen people die in her arms, seen the worst the Galaxy had to offer. She especially did not have reoccurring nightmares that replayed over and over again.

It was part of the reason why Dagmar wanted to try out art especially painting, he wanted to express what he felt, what he saw to hopefully put those demons to rest. As a soldier and a medic, Dagmar knew that he couldn't save everyone but each loss took its toll on him. "Nothing," Dagmar whispered continuing to darken the lines of his masterpiece. "It's just I don't like it when wonder off in my thoughts, it's rather.... frightening to me."

Judging by Tavi's tone, he knew that she knew that Dagmar was lying. It was best to keep the façade for both of their safety, it was then Dagmar chuckled when Tavi said that he was being a terrible host. "Am I a terrible host?" Dagmar smirked. "Well I wouldn't want to bore the pampered princess here."

He was getting thirsty anyway and wanted to forget about those horrific memories. Dagmar took one last glance at his painting before heading back inside of his Lake House. "So what do you want?" Dagmar asked heading to the kitchen and taking out some glasses. "Tea? Juice? Wine? Got plenty of it here!"

Dagmar also had a surprise waiting for Octavia as well. A black dress that he was working on for a good part of the year, Tavi loved dresses and he wanted to make something special for her. Something to remember Dagmar by while he was deployed to fight the Brotherhood. Dagmar didn't know if Tavi was thinking about him whenever he was gone maybe she was already engaged. Still, Dagmar felt that he hadn't shown his appreciation to Octavia. For always being there for him, for being a good albeit teasing friend, for being the light in the darkness.

He poured some Naboian Wine and took a sip. The dress was upstairs, Dagmar would just need to find the right opportunity to present it to Tavi.

rNu7oyb.png

cGTrsRv.png

---------

There was never a time when Octavia enjoyed knowing there was something on her friend's mind that he would not express to her. Naturally she understood why; there were things in Dag's past that he thought would scar her, taint her, frighten her, and perhaps he was right. Tavi did not know the heat of battle or the taste of war. It made sense that he would want to shelter her from those things. But that did not mean she had to like it when he would close in on himself. So, when he shifted gears, she followed his lead.

"Pampered?" Tavi scoffed out and laid a hand against her hip. "Since when have you ever known me to be the pampered one?" Her head shook and once he started moving to go back inside, she followed him. "I am the one my parents tried to sell off to the royal family, remember?" A deal that had fallen through with the disappearance of the other party, no less. "I'm fairly certain that alone demotes me from pampered princess status." she stated.

Once they were inside, she looked around, sighing softly at the familiarity of the lake house. "Wine will be fine." she answered him. Usually she would have suggested tea, or even water, but it had been quite some time since the pair of them had been in the same room together. "Seems appropriate, considering our reunion." she added with a soft grin. And when he poured wine, she took a glass from him and thanked him for it before taking a testing sip of it herself.

fire.png

The Gentleman Sniper

uT4m4ps.png

Dagmar winced a bit when Octavia told him that her family was shopping her around as though she was some slave at an auction. He had forgotten about his own situation with his father trying to pair him up with a woman that was similar social status as him. It was demeaning for the two of them to be passed down like a piece of meat to serve their families goals. It was part of the reason why Dagmar enlisted in the GADF to get away from the political conflicts and not feel like a Pawn in a game of Dejarik.

"Sorry Tavi," Dagmar said smiling sheepishly while he took a sip of Wine. "It's just been so long since I've last been on a planet that hasn't bombed to hell."

Part of Dagmar felt shame for being too preoccupied with his work, as much as Dagmar wanted to distance himself from the noble shenanigans it came at a cost of not contacting his close friends and family namely Octavia. He remembered Octavia lamenting the fact that she felt like a caged bird unable to escape her fate, unable to choose. In many ways, Dagmar shared her pain of not knowing who he'll marry. At one time, he wanted to ask Octavia to run away with him. Run away and just be themselves, but that was too much ask Dagmar and Octavia were bound to their families and must make the most out of their situation.

"Still piling on the guilt trip eh Tavi?" Dagmar took another sip of wine. "I know I was a bad friend for not talking to you while I was gone and in truth."

He looked out in the window. "I'm going to be deployed again," he sighed. "You've heard the news, about the Brotherhood sacking Coruscant..... the Galactic Alliance just declared war and I've received the call."

Dagmar turned to Octavia. "I screwed up by not communicating with you as much as I wanted to." he said his heart thumping hard as though a fist was punching through his ribcage. "You're my friend Tavi, my best friend in the whole Galaxy, I just didn't want you to worry about me."

He was straying from what he was saying, Dagmar wanted to say that he had feelings for her but the words didn't form. "But I do want to make it up to you," Dagmar said. "I mean the painting isn't the only thing I've created, there was something I've made for you on my last tour. It took a few months and a lot of cuts to my hand but......"

Dagmar gulped forming words was such a challenge. "I think it's best that I show you." he said offering her his hand. "Come on it's upstairs."

rNu7oyb.png

cGTrsRv.png

---------

"Guilt, me?" Octavia shook her head quickly before taking a sip from her glass. She waited until her mouth was clear again before she lowered the glass and continued. "I would never use guilt, I'm a Lady." She smirked just a little bit, but the subject matter shifted, and immediately the amusement fell from her expression. "Wait, you're what?" The glass in her hand was set down entirely and her brow pulled tight as she looked across the short distance between them now. "You're being sent out again? You just got back." Of course, Tavi knew that's how it generally worked. Didn't make her like it any however.

A frown settled over her expression as she looked away from him now, mulling over these new facts with a soft huff. She did not like this at all. "How long before you're shipped out?" she questioned, her gaze finding it's way back to him. It wasn't fair by any means, but she was sure lots of friends and family members felt the same way towards their loved ones being deployed. But he continued speaking, and she sighed. "You realize by not communicating, I worried more, right?"

He went on about making it up to her; how could he make a lack of communication up to her? Unless of course he planned to actually keep in touch this time. Yet he spoke of working on something else, and clearly he was nervous about it. Tavi squint at him just a little, but she rounded the counter between them and reached out to take his offered hand. "Alright," she told him, "But just know that if your plan is to drag me off and kill me, I'm braced for it." she teased, but left it to him to lead the way.

fire.png

The Gentleman Sniper

uT4m4ps.png

Octavia's words hit Dagmar like a hail of blaster bolts, perhaps it was best not to say anything and just enjoy the day with her. "Nah it'll make things worse," he thought gripping his Wine glass while he continued to stare at Tavi.

"She'll probably think worse of me," Dagmar thought sadly before his thoughts were interrupted by Octavia asking how long before he was deployed again.

"A month," Dagmar said the words came out quickly as if someone shoved out the words from his throat. Tavi's face was laced with disappointment and he even detected a hint of sadness. He needed to make it up to her somehow. "I know," Dagmar said feeling the guilt weighing on him like a large asteroid. "I just...... wanted to keep my distance Tavi, wars can be a bit chaotic."

But it was foolish not to at least let Octavia know about his well being, the two of them were best friends. Yet here Dag was acting like chitty friend for not even writing Tavi a letter. "You couldn't begin to understand what I feel Tavi," he continued looking out at the window staring at the bright Sun shining on the green grass. Naboo was almost heaven with Tavi being Dagmar's Angel why corrupt it by filling her mind with the things he carried? The burdens that weigh heavily in his heart.

"I don't want you to get hurt," Dagmar said as he began to walk upstairs. "Besides if I wanted to kill you I would've chosen a more secluded location rather than my Lake House." he pointed at the cameras chuckling trying to change the subject. "A lot of cameras programmed by my Pops can't even cracked the system without him knowing."

The two arrived at the room where Dagmar got out the black dress and showed it to Octavia. "It's..... something I've been working in my last tour," Dagmar said. "I've made it just for you Tavi." He handed the dress for her. "It cost me a small fortune to get the silk and about thousand cuts to my hand but I've made this dress to show that I-"

Dagmar gulped. "Appreciate you so much Tavi." he said.

rNu7oyb.png

cGTrsRv.png

---------

The topic of conversation was all over the place, and so it was easier for Octavia to just sigh softly through her nose and nod a little bit here and there. She did not like the idea of Dag trying to shelter her. She was not delicate, she was not a child. In fact, out of her siblings she was probably the best equipped to deal with whatever could be thrown at her. The youngest of the Bardot ilk would just laugh it off, and truth be told, Tavi wasn't sure how her own twin brother would or could deal with ideals and news of war and death. Caius was perhaps the other who could handle such things, considering his status as a Knight. But this was not about her siblings; this was about Dagmar feeling the need to coddle Octavia.

So she said nothing about it.

Instead, she focused on them moving, and she followed her friend to and up the stairs. "Well, I suppose in that regard I can thank the security system." she mused, teasing just once more about the possibility of him taking her somewhere to murder her. Not that he ever would, Tavi of course knew that for certain. But as he showed her to this room, and what was contained within the room, all teasing and joking died out. At first, the auburn haired woman looked confused; it was a gown? Beautiful and elegant, something she would certainly wear without question. But the real shock came when Dag told her that he had designed and made this for her.

Tavi's head snapped to the side so that she could look at her friend with an expression somewhere between stunned and confused. "You made this?" she asked him, and her eyes dipped briefly to his hands before her gaze found his again. "Dag, I-" her brow tightened in the middle and she let out a soft, but heavy breath as her eyes tracked back to the dress. "I don't even know what to say..." She was absolutely stunned by this gesture. A loss for words was quite a big deal for Octavia, after all.

fire.png

The Gentleman Sniper

uT4m4ps.png

All Dagmar wanted to do was to not have Octavia worry about him, she may be a tough-minded woman and she is. However, what Dagmar experienced during his tours goes beyond what Octavia is accustomed to. This wasn't some political chitshow this was the Galaxy at its worst, witnessing the devastation of entire civilizations, being too late to help fellow soldiers, close friends. Did Octavia truly understand what Dagmar was enduring? He doubted that Tavi would help him, Dagmar needed to handle this on his own.

Feeling his heart beat rapidly, Dagmar was thankfully freed from his frantic thoughts by Tavi's..... lack of response. It was shocking that she would be rendered speechless considering that Tavi was a chatterbox who loved getting in the last word. "Yeah," Dagmar nodded chuckling nervously. "I sustained a thousand cuts and I've worked on it even when my group was under attack."

Dagmar took a sip of wine. "Thinking about you Tavi....." he whispered. "Was what kept me going during the worst of times. I've put everything into this dress, I just want you to know that I do appreciate you."

He smiled. "So, try it out!" Dagmar said cheerfully. "I've made sure that It fits only you Tavi, so I gotta see what you look like in it."

rNu7oyb.png

cGTrsRv.png

---------

It was the strangest thing, really. Octavia had, had dresses tailored for her over the years, naturally. Plenty of them in fact, considering her stature. But this was so very different. This was something made for her by someone who meant a great deal to her. Someone who had taken his free time to do something that wasn't necessary, but he felt the need to do regardless. Risked himself and gave up his free time to do so, no less. So that in and of itself was special.

So when he requested to see her wear it, Tavi looked to Dag a moment, then nodded her head. "Alright." she told him, and then shifted her body so that she could use both hands and make a shooing motion at him. "Out then," she stated. "I can't change with you in here." Well, she could of course, but propriety did not allow for such things, now did it?

Which meant she would wait for him to acknowledge and leave the room first.

fire.png

The Gentleman Sniper

uT4m4ps.png

Dagmar stood awkwardly for a few minutes wondering how Octavia would look in the black dress. It was one thing to imagine her wearing the dress, it was another to actually see her. Dagmar eagerly awaited the day that he could present the dress to his childhood friend to show that he deeply cared for her. Maybe she would see that he felt that they could be more than friends. While Tavi was intelligent, Dagmar assumed that him spending his free time while deployed was just another affirmation of their friendship.

The Sniper was taking a sip of his Wine before Octavia shooed him out. "Huh?" Dagmar muttered before realizing that she was about to change. "Oh sorry!" Dagmar jumped up, drops of wine spilt out from his up. "I'll leave you alone!"

He hastily opened the door and slammed it behind him sighing deeply. "Whew," Dagmar said taking deep swig of Wine. "What the hell was going on with me there?"

rNu7oyb.png

cGTrsRv.png

---------

Tavi had stood there, brows lofted and a soft smirk on her lips as she waited for him to put the pieces together. And when he seemed to realize, the auburn haired girl laughed softly and followed him to the door to shut it behind him once he was out. "Honestly..." she mused with a shake of her head, and then she turned herself to walk deeper back into the room.

Now that it was just her, she circled the gown, her fingers reaching out towards it. She touched the lace, felt the silk fabric between her fingers, and she made a soft, pleased sound. It was hard to believe that
Dagmar had made this. Never would she have thought he could produce something so delicate. After a moment of observation, Octavia began the process of removing her current attire, and once that was done she removed the gown from the mannequin and then worked to slip it carefully onto her frame.

It fit like a glove, which made Tavi ponder just how Dag knew her measurements so well. To make a dress made for her this way, to fit this well? "Alright," she called out towards the door. "You can come back in now, Dag." she told him.

fire.png

The Gentleman Sniper

uT4m4ps.png

Dagmar waited behind the door, fidgeting around he was very nervous on what Tavi would say. She was pretty picky on what dresses she wanted to wear, even made her seamstress recreate an entire dress from scratch because she didn't like the color. What would she do to a man who has never sewed until now? Dagmar spent years studying how to make clothing for this very moment, he wanted to make it a labor of love for Octavia. His heart began to beat rapidly, to keep himself from fainting Dagmar remembered how he got the exact measurements for Octavia. He simply asked her seamtress via Holomail and she gladly gave it to him.

Beads of sweat began to form on his brow, Dagmar wished that he some Wine right now. He drank the last drops, and the rest were downstairs. Part of him wanted to go down and drink an entire bottle. Will Octavia love the dress, or will she burn it? Just then he heard Octavia's voice ushering him to come in. Gulping, Dagmar opened the door to see Octavia looking absolutely beautiful. Her dress definitely fit her curvaceous figure and it showed just enough cleavage. Though Dagmar was sure her mother wouldn't approve.

"You look gorgeous!" Dagmar blurted out. "How do you feel?"

rNu7oyb.png

cGTrsRv.png

---------

When Dagmar came back into the room, Octavia had a fairly skeptical look on her face as she looked at him. She studied him for a long moment, just as he was studying her, and then her head tipped delicately to one side. "Are you sure you made this?" she asked him, though she was mostly teasing him. If he said he took the time to learn, to make something? Tavi believed him. "How did you manage this, Dag?" she asked him, shaking her head as she turned to face the mirror to look at herself in it. "Between traveling, soldiering, all of that. Plus," now she turned to face him again. "The fact that the measurements are exact."

She arched a brow at him for that one. "Either you poached my seamstress, or I need to start making sure my clothes are all put away during visits, and my shutters drawn at night." The soft grin on her face of course indicated that she was teasing him again. But then the expression softened and she sighed very softly. "This dress is amazing, Dag." she told him, and then nodded her head a little. "Thank you."

fire.png

The Gentleman Sniper

uT4m4ps.png

There was an awkward silence for a brief moment with Octavia asking how Dagmar managed to get her precise measurements with a hint of smugness in her tone. Damgar remained rooted onto the ground, large droplets sweat starting to form on his brown and began to slowly slid past his eye. "I....." Dagmar gulped trying to keep it together but finding it very difficult. "Had a lot of free time Octavia, you realize as a soldier the biggest enemy is not the person shooting at you, it's the boredom from waiting."

It was the truth, but Dagmar didn't tell Octavia, that he worked on the dress during battles. That was something that the Sniper was already embarrassed about at least no one from his side sustained casualties. "Let's just say," Dagmar said sheepishly. "That I kept in touch with a few of your people."

Dagmar paused for a bit before gulping. "Okay that sounded creepy," he said. "But from now on, I'm going to keep in constant contact with you Tavi."

He took a deep breath. "I was wondering if I can have something to remember you by?" he said. "Maybe a keepsake to keep me going during those hard times you know?"

rNu7oyb.png

cGTrsRv.png

---------

"You...kept in touch with some of my people?" The question slipped past Octavia's lips and she lofted a brow at her long time friend. The smirk on her face had only eased a little, but had not ebbed, though the amusement was still in her eyes as she watched him flounder and stumble over himself as he tried to answer her. "It did sound a little creepy." she agreed with a soft chuckle, but she didn't tease him about that. Its not as if the people she had around her were particularly hard to get in touch with, after all. Family yes, but other connections? Easy as breathing.

But his following question threw Tavi a little. "You need a keepsake in order to remember me?" she asked him, her brow pulling down just a little bit as she looked at him now. "I'm not sure if I should be insulted, or amused by being so unmemorable." she was teasing him again now, of course. But her head shook just once and a smile eased it's way back onto her features. "What sort of token are you looking for here, Dag?"

fire.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom