Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private I am your father’s brother’s nephew’s cousin’s former roommate (Arthos)

Ashin Cardé Varanin

Couple bodies in the garden where the grass grows

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA
MOBILE SITH ACADEMY OF HIGHER LEARNING
DEEP SPACE

"You know what we do here, Arthos Vynea Arthos Vynea ."

She didn't really know him. One of Sargon's relatives, yes, and he'd fought alongside her followers in the Dreaming Dark - but the big Zabrak was an enigma.

Except for his work on Korriban. That, she knew intimately. That, and a legendary quote about how the Sith Empire was too busy forging chains to break them.

She gestured around the cavernous docking bay. "Welcome aboard the Pomojema. You have your own needs and priorities - what would you like to see?"

LoWzPxz.png

He'd never considered himself a teacher and yet since stepping into the role he'd come to enjoy. It wasn't simply watching Acolytes grow in power though, training them had trained his own power as he studied more on their questions and how they'd exceled at things he hadn't. Arcturus Dinn Arcturus Dinn interest in sorcery had made him sharpen up his own rather insignificant knowledge on the subject. Pomojema though, here he would need to push himself to a new limit for all the excellence the Sith could put out.

Glancing over the room bay he considered for a moment, what did he want to see first? Really the only rooms that mattered to him he supposed. "Thank you, your invitation surprised me in truth. I assume we have an excellent library and data center so I suppose there first. Otherwise I just need to know where my room is and where my classroom is." Pausing for a moment re realized he hadn't asked yet what exactly the curriculum was he was expected to teach. "Will I be teaching a set class or is it my choice what to offer?"

Ashin Cardé Varanin Ashin Cardé Varanin

Ashin Cardé Varanin

LoWzPxz.png

"Oh, don't be modest. Your work at the Korriban Academy has made waves. You know as well as I do just how poor most Sith teaching actually is. The Pomojema is where we try for the best teaching practices, the best results - competitively, of course. But instead of assassinating our superiors, we outdo them, surpass them, steal the respect and the prestige. It's pedagogical survival of the fittest. The best students will flock to the best teachers. As for what you teach, Master Vynea - you have complete academic freedom. Just respect your students, and don't get too much blood in the life support."

They came to the main library, a branching multilevel chamber that evoked a grand planetside structure while still clearly being aboard a ship.

"As you can see," she said, leaning on an upper-tier railing, "virtually all our students are Knights or Masters in their own right. I'm open to making arrangements with other academies - they finish teaching their best young students, and their best come here afterward."

LoWzPxz.png

He simply nodded at the compliment, he was new to the teaching game but everything he knew about Ashin told him she wasn't one to give out cheap compliments. If she said it was good, it was good. As they walked he took in the site and feel of the place, it simply dripped with energy from the dark side. The students would be a challenge here, good. He would use that to rise and they would be his challenge. The other teachers could even be profited from as well. More so one of them.

"Yes, an excellent library. I should tell you my price though, and it's a simple one. I require my own lesson, one I happen to know you can give. As you know I've recently returned from the Nether, and my goal now is simple. I will never return there again. You are according to reputation quite knowledgeable on the subject of immortality. To teach is it's own reward, the best students challenge the best teachers and we are forced to grow with their questions or be swallowed up in their rise. Normally that alone is the reason I would do it, however given the opportunity at hand I will not waste it. Teach me, and I will teach your students."

Ashin Cardé Varanin

LoWzPxz.png

"I never set out to be immortal, not like some. It was...well, not exactly forced on me, but I've stumbled on it from a few different directions. I accept your terms and I'll teach you the power you're after: what's called Transfer Essence. Taking another body after death. It's risky.

"It's also possible to anchor your soul to an object or location. Darth Andeddu did so, I believe, many thousands of years ago, and of course Exar Kun did it with his temple. I've never done it myself: all of my own essence transfers have been from living body to living body. One major point of caution, if you ever go that route: do not attempt it except with major preparation or at serious need. Ad-hoc binding to an object is possible, and it will let you attempt to possess anyone who touches the object - but if nobody touches the object within a minute or so, your soul will likely dissipate into the Cosmic Force.

"But anyways, that's an emergency measure. What you want is to actually take on a new body - a stolen one, or a purpose-grown clone - and I'm happy to share that with you."

LoWzPxz.png

With a grim smile he nodded as she finished speaking, she had the coin he desired and he would have happily taught here either way in truth. Then again perhaps she would have taught him either way as well. The webs we weave sometimes no? "Excellent, your rooms come with meditation rooms I hope for the teachers?" So the deal was struck and his destiny as a breaker of chains would continue eternal.

Ashin Cardé Varanin

LoWzPxz.png

"You'll have a full suite and the resources to customize it. In the meantime, we have plenty of serious qabbrat meditation chambers that anyone, student or teacher, can use at will. And alchemical facilities, and phrik-lined sparring facilities, and ysalamiri, and electronics shops, and crystal banks - everything you could possibly need as a teacher or as a Sith can be found somewhere aboard this ship."

Ashin left the railing and made for the door.

"Take a couple of days to look around and find your place here. Just speak with the quartermaster droids - you can start teaching as soon as you're ready. Welcome aboard, Master Vynea."

LoWzPxz.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom