Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am CONFUSED

In my recent RPs, many RPers, IC, are confused that Mak says it's been over 700 years that he's been frozen in cryostasis, but I was told when I transferred my character that the current year is 835 ABY.

Am I missing something?

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
SWRP does not exist in the TGC timeline whatsoever, beyond some basics. That stuff, by... some kind of logic... was closer to the early years of the ABY era.

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
Okay, let's use logic. Most factions take the place of 'existing' canon factions - IE, with the vast majority of them, that board replayed the movies. Thus, that era would be everything from 30 BBY to about 40 ABY. Thus, it's been 800 years since any of that drivel.

So, the timeline doesn't matter? I was told it does, that I would have to edit my character to fit in with the timeline.

This is from Jaxton: While Transferring characters is completely fine, the current year is somewhere around 840 ABY, so you'll have to edit age or something.

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
TGC's timeline didn't quite happen here. In fact, it's safer to say it didn't at all, honestly. You have options of saying that you were in cryo-stasis and you participated in canon movie/etc events during their time, or you can do things that happened during the Darkness as mentioned in the timeline. However, you cannot have existed in another board's 'events' and not have come out of stasis, as those events have not happened in any kind of recent SWRP timeline history, if at all.

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
Yes.

And the timeline is there because that's what the staff have chosen. Simple as that. This isn't a 'fluid timeline' where we can span across multiple centuries. We have a year and a precedent and a history. What you're used to is out the window and you're going to have to change paradigms basically immediately.

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
We do and we are. We're telling you that our characters exist in this timeline. Yours, as it stands, does not, because Mak is still basically fresh from TGC.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
It was either that, or make every single transfer from there do something with cryostasis, body transference, or other forms of immortality. Every single one. So yeah, in this timeline, something called the Crusade impacted a lot of lives a handful of years ago, but Taris didn't go boom, the details are vague, etc.

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
Also, to quote your bio, Mak:

Mak was born on Thisspiasian around 130 years before the events of the Clone Wars.
- Clone Wars were 20-ish BBY, so he was born 150 BBY.
Age: 205. So, you've got everything accounted for up until 50 ABY. What about the missing 800 years?

Mak was in cryostasis.

After the battle between Mak Manto and Shule, Mak was placed in cryostasis for his crimes, and at the current year right now, a pirate's ship was blown up on the planet where he was being held, causing the ship to damage the building he was in, freeing him.

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
Right. So, unless you have other writers' permission to know their characters due to timelines that work together, you wouldn't know anyone - and most of our chars didn't participate in the Clone Wars era anyway.

Less confused now?

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Because the vast majority of transfers from there adjusted their characters to fit our board's timeline (a necessity, really), I had it pegged that Je'gan was born sometime around 760 ABY. But there were a couple of people who insisted on the centuries thing, and considering how many times Je'gan has died it wasn't that big a stretch. So Je'gan could absolutely have been the one to lock up Mak, but nobody else from this board would have been there or know about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom