Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hyperion Security: New Talent

@Shawn Jenson, @Nolan Detta , @Miles Varden, @Aedan Miles,

Rygel Larraq stared out his office window into the artificially lit city interior of Sundari. Smoke slowly drifted from the remains of a cigarette in a nearby ashtray and a cold glass of whiskey hung loosely from between the fingers of Larraq's left hand. Larraq was contemplating the future of his company.

Mandal Hypernautics was growing. As was the demands from the Dem'adas clan for additional ships, support, and soldiers. Not to mention the continued investment the company was making in defending Mandalorian interests as a whole and in Rygel Larraq's costly investments in securing contracts from the Lords of the Fringe.

As Mandal Hypernautics grew and expanded, so to did the logistical train that supported the company and so to did the number of bodybags from soldiers and mercenaries that had given their lives for a paycheck from Rygel Larraq. What he needed most right now was more young men and women willing to sign their lives away for a paycheck and the chance to prove themselves in combat.

What was more important however was that Larraq had to take a step back from the security aspect of his company and focus solely on the business aspect of Mandal Hypernautics as a whole. He needed a new CEO for Hyperion Security and a fresh army of recruits for the man to prove himself with.

Larraq turned his gaze from the river of red and white lights and looked over his shoulder at his desk. "Secretary." He said and waited for the communicator to path through the woman who sat on the other side of the thick wooden doors at the entrance to his office. "Yes Mr. Larraq?" Asked the woman through the speaker on Larraq's desk.

"Put out another Now Hiring ad. I need a new CEO for Hyperion Security." Larraq said absently as his gaze drifted back to the flowing streets and highways of the city. "And initiate open recruitment for the company. We need fresh boots." Larraq added coldly. It would only be a matter of time before he was sitting in on interviews for new hires. After that it would only be a matter of time before Mandal Hypernautics payed life insurance to whatever families the new employees left behind.

Rygel Larraq took a sip of his whiskey and waited...

Sitting in my quarters, I was looking for any information about my wifes killer. I needed to find jobs where a man was wanted for murder. and maybe, just maybe I could find the man. He would pay for what he did to me. and he would pay with his life. Taking a grip of the portable tablet, I leaned back in my cot. Wearing simple fatigues that matched that of an old house on Serino. A planet that had been taken over by the mandos a while back. Seeing as how I now worked for them, There was no point in trying to hide it. I needed to gain some prestige. And as I was scrolling a little blip came up about a new job on the holonet.

I kept tabs on open jobs for the Mandos, seeing as how I needed one, and tapping on it, it brought me to a link showing that they needed people for a security company. Smiling, I dropped the holopad, gathered my gear, got dressed, and walked out the door to where this place was. because I needed this job.

----------------------------------​

Driving my landspeeder across the city, I weaved in and out of traffic. With it just opening the job, I knew there were going to be alot of candidates. And usually the first one to come that matched how they wanted it to be, usually got the job. I zoomed past others who were yelling at me to slow down, and I did, but only enough so I didn't kill myself or anyone else. I mean just imagine the talk I would have to have with the cop. "Sorry officer I was trying to get to a job as fast as I could for a security firm"

The only thing he would do was laugh. Despite this, I reached the building in which I needed to be. Pulling down my hood, I allowed my face to be visible as I grabbed my datapad. it had all the information about myself, and the jobs that I had taken. Which was really nothing at all. Still I had skills that they might like. I walked up the steps. My heart beating as my chest burned from the inside out. Walking up to the first secretary, not minding how the place looked, "Yes I would like to speak with @[member="Captain Larraq"] about a job?"

Rygel Larraq sat behind his thick wooden desk as he fiddled with a pen between his fingers. The papers on his desk were neatly organized, the datascreens had neatly organized taps displaying important data for the work at hand, and the holoprojecter on the far side of the room displayed the Mandal Hypernautics logo. His pet Vornskr, Talyn, sat at the foot of his desk and chewed on a bone as Larraq reviewed his information one last time.

"You can send him in now." Larraq said to his secretary when he was finally satisfied with his level of readiness. Larraq appeared calm, professional, and mildly disinterested as he greeted [member="Shawn Jenson"]. "Welcome Mr. Jenson. Please, have a seat." Larraq said to the man after a brief handshake over the desk.

Larraq watched the man. His movements. His body language. Where his eyes looked. Larraq watched his eyes glance from one corner to the next and take in each object in the room. From all of this, Larraq gagued the man's tactical awareness, presence, and capabilities. When the man finally took his seat after shaking Larraq's hand, the CEO of Mandal Hypernautics sat in silence for a few moments. He wanted the other man to second guess himself. He wanted to see how the man did under pressure. He wanted to see how Mr. Jenson would handle being shrugged off. "So." Larraq finally said when he spoke again. "What is it you have to offer Mandal Hypernautics?"

I was led up to a room in the building. Near the top where I was to meet this man, [member="Captain Larraq"]. I let my hood be down to allow my face to be visible. My features on the sharp side, and my hair was combed over to the side slightly. Entering the room, I did look all around. ust to see what this man was like. His pet lay on the side of his desk, and I was not to piss it off. I knew that in an instant, should it be called upon, that the creature would come after me. However, I would look around stil to see that the man's was rather organized. in his own way. If someone were to come looking for a file, they would have to search through everything to find it. However, if you asked him, he could pic it out without even looking.

I shook his hand over the top of the desk, with no gloves on, Nodding my welcome as he told me to take a seat. it was then that the man had complete silence. Fine with me. I stayed silent for days at a time. it was nothing for a few minutes. But none the less, I had a guess that every second that I was in here, I was being tested. I would let him speak first, and when his question came up, I took a single second to word it correctly then answered.

"Skills, Diplomacy, or anything the job requires." I let a single second pass by again before speaking once more. "I am here to find a job. One where I can use my skills as a soldier, and a force user to the best of my abilities."

[member="Captain Larraq"]

[member="Shawn Jenson"]

Rygel Larraq smiled at the man. He was a force user. Well, that would explain why Talyn was staring so intently at the man. "A man of many talents is definitely what we're looking for in a CEO. But I need the CEO of my company to be able to do more than handle himself in a fight. I need to know that you can lead men, armies, and navies in combat. I need to know that you can recruit and obtain replacements for those lost on the front lines. I need to know that you can handle the logistics and business aspect of the job. But more importantly... I need to know that you can turn a profit. Not just in your service to Mandal Hypernautics and her assets, but in the ability to acquire outside contracts and see them through." Larraq said to the man that sat across from him. "Please. Tell me what make you qualified to lead a sizable portion of my company and protect my assets."

I looked at the man as he spoke. Saying that having these skills were good, but he wanted someone that could be able to lead and replace things and make hard decisions when the time came. I nodded my head, taking a second to put my thoughts into words, "I will say this simply, I have not led a battalion or a company of people. I mostly work for myself. However that may be, I see this as a chance to learn and to experience others ideas and be able to grow from it. What I do know about others is that they want it straight to them. No beating around the proverbial bush." I adjusted myself to lean forward and to improve on my words that I was being serious.

"As a man that has dealt with hardships almost his entire life, I know when to make hard and challenging decisions that could have very well caused my death. Yet I am still here. This is because I don't see this job as a way to hold power or significance over others. I see this job as a potential point in my life to change not the life that I have, but the lives of others. This CEO position of being the head of security, is not one of higher stature for myself to build on, but one that is of respect and the ability to better others. To protect those of the company as well as possibly others who affiliate with Hyperion security and Mandal Hypernautics."

[member="Captain Larraq"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom