Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Huntpredals

Status
Not open for further replies.
predator-plasma-caster.jpeg

(Not exact-identical picture of what it will look like, the picture is off from google and I will make a custom picture as soon as possible and the change the credits)
CREDITS: Aliens Vs Predators

Name: Huntpredals

Designation: Sentient

Homeworld:
Kashyyyk

Language: Predpedal, Basic.

Average height of adults: 2 Meters

Skin color: Dark, green-y scaly with a hint of bright yellow.

Hair color:​ Black

Breathes:
Type I

Strengths:

-​​​Hunter: ​A very good sense of hunting things due to their instincts and long time of just hunting things, these creatures rely on their instincts of the skill of hunting mainly anything that they can find edible.

-​Muscly: ​Whilst being a decent sensing users, and during their existence being a full-time hunter, their bodies developed powerful muscles, even to carry themselves off the ground and making a leap of 2 meters in maximum length ahead of them. Their fists can be as strong as superhuman strength if used at full force if you get in a punching fight with this species.

-Camouflage: While being forest hunters for all their entire lives, they developed in from their surroundings, some camouflage that helps them be more invisible in bushes, or nearby prowling for things to eat.

-Eyesight: Their eyes are small, and have four of them. These are very poor but they use heat signatures to find their surroundings without having to use their poor eyesight. This can help them detect if the prey is vulnerable, moving or injured. Although, they will realise if the prey is dead or not due to their similar vision to snakes' sight with heat signatures.

Weaknesses:

-​Fire: ​T​he Huntpredals being hunters, are very easy to burn down with. A simple big flame in a forest will scare them and if caught in flames, they find it hard to get to water in time as they burn out quicker than they can get to a river. Their skin is fire-fuel.

-​Weakened: If you manage to get armour off from an Huntpredal or severely damage one of their many camps, they will feel vulnerable and a lot more easier to take them down. Use the fire at will.

-Impatient: If a Huntpredal is in hunting, and the prey or enemy runs fast, the Huntpredal will run after it, causing the huntpredal to make hexagonal outlines of the creature itself making anything that sees it, knows that it is there. If you can use this as your advantage, the Huntpredal is at your mercy. It is possible since their skin known to be slippery and greasy, are reflect able in light.

-Loner:​Huntpredals enjoy being on their own most of the time while they are hunting, which means you can get a group and take one down pretty easily and simple, if you know how their hunting regime works.

-Eyesight: Like I said above, their eyesight is very poor, making it hard for them to see. They rely on using their surroundings, and heat signatures to move around. They can sense heat from their sensitive cells in their nostrils and ears.

Distinctions: ​Mainly hunters, and use other, stolen and makeshift weapons to give them power to quickly kill and slaughter any prey they come across. Their faces have fangs to replace in areas of what Humans call Cheeks as Spider Fangs, these are not venomous and are there to hold their prey whilst they eat. They are scaly, not hairy.

Average Lifespan: ​400 Years

Races: N/A

Estimated Population: 1,000 on Kashyyyk. ​Many successful Huntpredals use stolen, hunted intelligent prey's ships to get to other planets.

Diet: Carnivorous. (Only eats meat, no plants.)

Communication: Verbal

Culture: ​Seen as ruthless, well-trained hunters make them perfect for hunting anything they wish. They are known for stealing technology to get themselves stronger and more powerful. Though if those who succeed themselves on Kashyyyk, they go out to choose to become whether: A Force User or a Bounty Hunter. Whatever they choose and feel like doing now they have moved from their clan to only live on. Failure on Kashyyyk result the Huntpredal to be brutally thrown as bait for their prey if its intelligent or a carnivore.

Technology level: ​Mostly stolen, they make tools that are very special and mainly to hunt things down. For an example, they make makeshift spears that do multiple things. They really aren't anything special and used all the time. They can look like an ordinary spear, but with wavy sharper edges. Hidden, on their backs is a spare makeshift shoulder-hand blaster. They can either be: A280C , E-11 , DL-44 , DC-15s. Any one of these are common. They are makeshift and the only thing added is vines and leather they have hunted and crafted themselves. These guys during wars such as during the Clone Wars - Battle of Kashyyyk don't really make much of a major appearance (they never did make an appearance, im aware of this) and take off either sides of the fight. During any other battle, not the Clone Wars, if one side attacks one of their colonies, they hunt mainly that side. If both do it, they pick off both sides more often rather than innocent animals doing their own things every now and again, with their technology. Today at this time they are merely devasting, scary creatures.

General behavior: Hunters, usually bigger targets they get a pack to take it down. ​ Since they are hunters they have Clans, like Mandalorians, but their masks depend on which clan they belong in. Unique ones shows us that they are Nomad, and fighting all for themselves for their own sake. Very aggressive if they are hunting a prey, they're senses enable them to infiltrate places or for the hunts' sake. If their prey moves quickly and the Huntpredal is in hunting mode, they will rush out, deliberately getting themselves seen by other animals, all to get the prey.

History: Originating out of evolution of the top predators in the early stages of Kashyyyk, they are well known for they're tactics, hunting abilities, and makeshift of weapons that have already been used. Mainly vines and leather, they can consist of the following: bones from small to medium sized animals for extra armour (armour 2) , leaves and sticks for camouflage. Quite a few, most trusted Huntpredals have hand-claws, these have sharp teeth or/and sharp, dangerous common Kashyyyk tree wood. These can retract as well as being deployed as and extra part of claws if not retracted to 'safety mode'. Though risky to use if not experienced these things can act like bombs if wanted, but that can only happen if another user, who is not a Huntpredal, can happen. This is all due to how the Huntpredal's skin works. Its not like any other species, its greasy, and slippery. Fuel for fire. The nerve gear technology is stolen from an important old-building used in the Clone Wars to simulate an actual CIS attack for Clones as training on Kashyyyk. It is now found rare amongst the Huntpredals, but they keep finding more and more of it. The weird thing is, and it is, while being hunters some choose to be force sensitive. Most going to the Dark Side, since that suits their natural behaviour. All Huntpredals choose to have masks due to themselves feeling more protected. This can also act as an eye and ear defender if in loud or stormy weathers. The Gulag Plague hit the Huntpredals very badly causing their population to drop from 3,000 to 1,000. The good news, this disease is being slightly lowered and less Huntpredals have got it today. The Netherworld Event, that not any Huntpredal recorded has been ascended. This is because of some Huntpredals choosing the Dark Side, they never touch any light side which is also why they haven't been recorded to ascend. The Force Users, felt some tremors during these events, some even gave them far too much, and with the shock of changes, it even killed 1/4 of the Huntpredal Dark Side Users. Those who didn't receive shocks were given stress, and they felt time was being clocked up with hunting and their daily lives. This caused suicidal thoughts, as this was a problem this helped the event to give the Huntpredal race's force sensitives to even reach a death count of 1/4. On 12th of Taungsday, some Huntpredals disappeared, but not all. They have not been reported since.

Notable Player-Characters: N/A

Intent: I was working on another species but lost it, so I decided to scrap it, since it was flawed and made this instead since I like both Predators and Mandalorians. Since they are both similar, I ​ thought of a quick rough outline of what it will be and turned it into this. If this gets approved, I'd like it as one of my Player Characters.

Shadow Hand
Top Poster Of Month
[member="KatKlans"]
  • Strengths/Weaknesses: I need you to elaborate further on the cloaking strength if its a natural cloaking that needs to be listed, if its not natural and its from an item than it's not a biological strength for the species and should be taken out. I'm going to also need one more physical weakness to balance the strengths. Something that will have a direct impact in a PvP setting.
  • Technology Level: Be sure to put down Galactic Standard here.
  • History: Please include the Gulag Plague and Netherworld Event in the history.

Darth Prazutis

I have finished and removed the Cloak ability completely. I have added one extra weakness, hopefully to fit your standard.
With me being confused of the Netherworld Event, I have tried to make sense of what it is. I am also confused of Galactic Standard, so I decided to tell on this thread of what it would be like right now. I have edited the Distinctions, as well, since I have thought that this would fit the needs of a Jungle Monster. (Bear in mind, like on Earth, spiders such as those found in the Rainforest, and Kashyyyk is more of a Jungle, which is why I added that to the Huntpredals.)

Shadow Hand
Top Poster Of Month
[member="KatKlans"]

I was just saying that cloaking through an item shouldn't be an inherent strength. If your going for a stealthy species perhaps you can put it as a biological camouflage thing or like their bodies don't display body heat. An alternative that fits for the purpose of a strong Hunter.

The Netherworld Even you can read up on by clicking the button on the top bar labeled 'Holonet'.

Darth Prazutis said:
[member="KatKlans"]

I was just saying that cloaking through an item shouldn't be an inherent strength. If your going for a stealthy species perhaps you can put it as a biological camouflage thing or like their bodies don't display body heat. An alternative that fits for the purpose of a strong Hunter.

The Netherworld Even you can read up on by clicking the button on the top bar labeled 'Holonet'.
I have finished what you wanted me to do. I took your suggestion as an idea, I added Eyesight to both Weakness and Strength since there is both flaw and something that will make the Huntpredal more of a natural, jungle hunter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom