Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt for the Legend

[member="Stardust Raxis"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Anarya Drast"] [member="Tyr'Vult"]

Naphome had never been to Yutan before, or rather she had never been to the Republic Capital before. However, considering most of the responders to her necessarily subtle calls for a team to help her were from the Republic it was only obvious she would be making the initial trip, in the second hand freighter she had leased, to come to them rather than the other way around. It meant leasing the freighter longer, but it certainly saved on time overall to get everyone together so they could be underway. So the Aquar woman had no complaints as she walked around the landing pad, stretching her legs as she waited for those who responded to her request to arrive.

She wished her father hadn't left her behind to pursue the legend himself. However, it didn't surprise given her own wanderlust and desire for adventure were from him. And his far dwarfed her own. After spending much of her youth following him around the galaxy learning swordsmanship from so many masters, it hardly shocked her he had run off after they found those records in the Atrisian library. A swordmaster who had traveled the galaxy proving their caliber until they had disappeared along with their six wintrium swords of great renown in the master's service.

Nonetheless, it pained her when his message arrived only a short while ago attached to the legendary warrior's journal. It was unlikely he was alive, the message was only sent if he had not returned in a year and there was little chance for him to have been gone that long where he was going. At least if the journal's information was accurate about the location of the creature the swordmaster the diary belonged had sought. It was a dangerous place, one was likely to die at any moment there so for her father to not have returned in a year was evidence enough he had perished.

The most she could do is find his remains, and reclaim the treasure he had ran off to seek.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay had gotten the message for help. And it was unlike her to say no. She had a bit of time off after her investigation on Bespin. Most would find a warm beach for days on end, but not her.

She soon arrived on Yutan to the platform indicated in the message. For the moment, she told her pilot Captain Terrac to wait. The old man didn't argue. He preferred to stay with the ship which would increase his chance of survival, instead of going headlong into trouble like Kay.

As she walked down the ramp to look for [member="Naphome Rorareh"] , she adjusted the satchel over her shoulder. It came well equipped with supplies to last her a few days, and her blaster. Kay wore trousers, shirt and coat this time, as opposed to dressing like an upper class merchant. This was afterall, a mysterious adventure, not a summer cruise.

[member="Stardust Raxis"] [member="Anarya Drast"] [member="Tyr'Vult"]

Anarya was quiet for a moment. She stared at the screen, knowing full well Saran couldn't see her. "You're suggesting I go to the Shadowlands?" She asked. "To fight something you couldn't?" The shock in her voice was sharp as a knife, and she saw her sister smile a little.

"You won't be alone. Besides, you do need to learn sometime. Sitting and training will only get you so far." Her sister paused for a moment, before tilting her head to one side. "Did you get the box I sent you?"

"It just came in today. Why?"

'Open it." As she watched her sister move to a durasteel container, she gave a wider smile. "I found it in my travels. Figured that you could use it." While Saran couldn't see Anarya pulling out the armored robes, She could hear the metal plates rubbing and lightly clanging on each other. "They're Jal Shey Neophyte robes. Armor, and should help keep you calmer in a fight."

"Thanks, sis!" Anarya said, trying it on. It seemed to fit okay. "You think It'll help?"

"I hope so. Now go kick some monster butt!" Anarya smiled. and said her goodbye before heading to the spaceport.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anarya stepped into the hanger, the robes giving a small clank as she walked. Not stealthy, but she could feel her head clearing up a bit. She noticed the old senator, not sure what to think. Leaning on a wall, she smiled. This would be interesting.

[member="Naphome Rorareh"] [member="Stardust Raxis"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Tyr'Vult"]

A message from a stranger traversed the void of space until it found its way to com system built into Tyr's helmet. It popped up on the corner of his screen. Beep, beep, beep. Flash, flash, flash. It was more annoying than the nightlight bugs back on Tel'erra. He tapped the side of his helmet, spoke commands to it, and prayed the Great Weave would show him mercy and bring him salvation from the accursed trickery of the star children's toys for a few hours. He eventually managed to get the icon to morph into a letter and thanks the Weave when it did. He read through it and decided to offer the aid the stranger needed of him. He was bound by the Code of Honor to do so, because a sincere request for help must be met in kind. He then began to process of making the letter disappear from his vision.

Tyr found himself on the planet Yutan where he was to meet the others. It was the capital it seemed of this very large clan known as the "Republic". He was as disappointed in the city as he was in the first city of the star children's he had entered since leaving home. It was a testament to the destruction of nature and their greed. It was not the Tel'varn way, and something you would never find on Tel'erra even with star children on his home world now. Nature was to be respected and honored, but not used and abused. But he did not hate the star children for this as others of his kind might. They were just ignorant, which is a fixable condition. They were called children for a reason after all. He just hoped it would not be too late for them by the time the Tel'varn had joined them.

Tyr found the place he was looking for. The name of the metal boat for traversing space was written on the side of it, so he headed towards it. He was wearing his own personally made armor with the rifle he had obtained from a merchant holstered on his back. At his side was his vult companion Lyk. The giant gray and white wolf like creature stood as tall as most other races did. This odd combo made him both blend in and stick out at the same time. It was an odd sensation, but he found it interesting none the less. He evenly made it to the ramp of the ship and began to walk up it into the hanger where the others were likely amassed. Now it was just time to find out what help it was that was required of the huntsman.

[member="Naphome Rorareh"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Anarya Drast"]

[member="Stardust Raxis"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Anarya Drast"] [member="Tyr'Vult"]

Not knowing who all was actually going to show up, Naphome waited in the hangar for those who would answer to gather for her rather vague call for aid. A Jedi had managed to get into contact with her before the meetup and had heard the details, but for those who hadn't and were now making their arrivals the Aquar prepared herself to give an explanation for their journey. The first two to appear seemed fairly normal in regards to humans the aquatic humanoid supposed, but the last looked like they were dragging around an animal she was curious about how it had gotten passed starport security. The Aquar couldn't help eyeing it with wariness, hand hanging by her side where she might quickly snatch her holdout blaster, because mammalian beasts such as it felt far too predatory for her liking. At least it wasn't as big as a greater kath hound.

So long as its master kept it in check she had no problem though, however, she did worry if there would be a tragedy given the creature's size and the details of the monster they were going to hunt. "It's nice to meet all of you. I am Naphome Rorareh, the Aquar who put out the message on back channels for help. I. . . well I'm happy that at least enough answered and arrived before I departed. I know most of you are wondering what it is I called you all together for so I'll begin explaining." Waving at them to follow her into the ship while she moved, though she wondered if perhaps the one who had arrived in their own ship had ideas about transport, Naphome took a breathe and got to it.

"I am a swordswoman by trade, I've trained my whole life alongside my father since leaving Velusia after my mother died. We've studied under nobles on Serenno and Tapani, having our own adventures as we traveled making our way to Atrisia where we learned the sword styles of Jar'Kai the precursor to the Jedi's Niman for Lightsabers. . . .while we were on Atrisia we discovered texts in a library depicting ancient swordmasters. One of whom was said to have gone about collecting six Wintrium Blades. If you aren't aware of what those are, WIntrium is a liquid that appears on only a single world, pouring from an ever expanding fountain formed from the liquid itself because it hardens with age. Records show that at eight hundred years wintrium can harden to the point of withstanding lightsaber strikes. Considering the legend of the swordmaster we read about was several thousand years old. . . .you can see the value in his swords."

Pausing in the cockpit as she stared at her own Baragwin Blades, the Aquar woman sighed as she continued. "Not putting much stock in it myself I focused on my training more than before. And because of that I didn't notice the change in him. So when he left I didn't know where my father had gone at first. He eventually sent me a letter about his determination to learn more about the legend we read of and that I should wait to hear from him. I saw no point in pursuing so I continued honing my abilities on Atrisia. . . . .but inevitably I did receive more word. A message sent along with a journal. My father did indeed discover more about the swordmaster we heard about. Apparently the galaxy was turbulent in their time as well, allowing certain monsters to rise from their dormant state. To prove their own merit and skill this swordmaster departed to hunt the horrors, his exploits outlined in his journal are impressive actually. If we survive this venture I wouldn't hesitate to have their name etched into a monument for their efforts."

Of course as the others could guess the story didn't end there and didn't end well. "Still, in their last entries the swordmaster speaks of his greatest hunt yet. A trial that would take them to the Shadowlands of Kashyyyk, where they would do battle in an attempt to slay a Terentatek. I looked up what the creature was myself given I am not an expert on the beasts created from Sithspawn as I assume the non-jedi here are of a similar state. Apparently they are among the most powerful and terrible of the horrors the Sith have created, sitting upon a pillar of the likes of leviathans or sith dragons. Almost the size of rancors, these creatures are far faster than the sluggish beasts of Dathomir and stronger as well. In addition their hide is thick, in that regard they and rancors are quite similar in their durability, but their skin makes them practically immune to the force, something which I assume their original creators were pleased since all records say these terrors were created purely to hunt Jedi. If that weren't bad enough their teeth and claws are coated in a poison that many say are unhealable. . . . .needless to say, the final pages of the journal depict the warriors approach of the Terentatek's lair within the Shadowlands on Kashyyyk, and are browned in what I can only assume is ancient blood or simply uneven conditioning of these old pages. Regardless, given the message my father sent me along with the journal it is safe to assume the swordmaster met their fate in their hunt and that the hournal was recovered sometime later by wookiees performing their rites of passage."

turning to look at those arrayed to follow her to Kashyyyk and the darkness that would await her, Naphome looked at them with her pure green eyes. "The Terentatek the swordmaster specifically hunted is most likely still near its old lair. Like all Sithspawn it supposedly hibernates until the darkside is strong in the galaxy. Given there's an entire war going on because of the Sith it's safe to assume it's active, something my father must have determined as well, as his message was specifically delayed a year. It outlines that he was set to find the creature himself and to slay it and recover the Wintrium Swords that belonged to the ancient warrior we had read about. Should he not return within a year the message was sent to me by design, to alert me to the journal's existence, and point me to the coordinates of the beast. I fully intend to go to the Shadowlands and try my hand at slaying the monster and recover the lost swords. However, I will not make the mistakes of my father or the swordmaster. This monstrosity was created to slay Jedi masters, and its kind have claimed many. The Jedi hunted them in groups of three, almost always knights, and since only one of us here is a Jedi and a Padawan at that I won't lie that the hunt will be a terrible experience. Some of us might not make it back, and I can understand if any of you wish to pull out now. Those who come with me I cannot pay much, but I promise to share the reward of the lost wintrium swords. Will any of you join me in my quest?"

Kay-Larr

Kay looked to all of those that had appeared so far. She knew none of them and perhaps they didn't know her either. She listened to the story, having been to Atrisia herself on numerous occasions as she knew the Sith Lord that ruled there. But she had never come across [member="Naphome Rorareh"] before. Yet it was a big planet, a big Galaxy.

"I am not the most skilled of fighters but I do know how to lead as well as partake in investigations. And I am by no means a stranger to dangerous situations. So if you will still have me, I can help."

[member="Stardust Raxis"] [member="Anarya Drast"] [member="Tyr'Vult"]

Frowning, Anarya looked at what she had. Grenades, old armor, a lightsaber and a metal pole. Hmm. This could get interesting. "A friend of mine has a saying." She started, pushing off the wall. "Anything a Force user can do, planning and the right equipment can do." That was always Saran's reminder. Stay humble. The force is an advantage, but not entirely uncounterable. "If we can find a weakness, we should be able to kill it." She gave a small smile. "Besides, it hunts Jedi. It'll probably target me first, so the rest of you will probably have a chance to hit it while it kills me." A bit of a joke, but not entirely wrong. She's have to be fast if she wanted to survive. This would be fun.

[member="Naphome Rorareh"] [member="Stardust Raxis"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Tyr'Vult"]

These star children were interesting bunch. Two of them looked like Tel'varn, but lacked the yellow eyes and sharper teeth. The third one was the most different one. She was a fish woman. Rayn certainly did mother some interesting children outside of Tel'erra. He listened to the pink one speak of her past, the reason for the need of aid, and the dangers they may face. As he listened, his grin began to grow at the prospects of such dangerous prey to be had. Lyk seemed to be only half listening though, and instead decided to walk over to the individual women and stick his nose on their heads. Tyr could never understand why Lyk found these pranks so amusing, but the vult trickster did. He said a few words of warning to the vult in togruti then went back to listening to the responses of the females he was gathered with. He waited for them all to finish speaking before he decided what he wanted to say.

Tyr stepped forward as it was quiet. He was still honor bound to help the pink one no matter what, but he also wanted to do it after the details were given. It was a challenge and one worth risking life and limb for. He said as he walked over to Lyk, " Let us get to the hunt. Dangerous prey means great rewards." He placed a hand on Lyk's head and rubbed a moment. He turned his attention to the woman with markings on her face and said, " Every creature has a weakness and we hunt like Vult. Study and adapt then kill the prey. Your life will be in no danger." He then looked to the pink one and added, " Lead the way star child. The hunt demands our attention." Tyr was ready to get this hunt going. The Weave had certainly blessed him with this chance. The Code of Honor rewarded the faithful.

[member="Naphome Rorareh"] [member="Anarya Drast"] [member="Lady Kay"]

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Anarya Drast"] [member="Tyr'Vult"]

Hearing those that had answered her call for support still persist in their desire to aid her despite the risk to their own lives laid out before them, the Aquar woman would bow before the gathered trio while doing her best to ignore the canine creature getting far too close for her liking. In all honesty Naphome herself was wary of this venture, uncertain she was equipped enough and that she had found prepared enough help. Two seemed young while the other confessed to not being a fighter, yet they were willing to give her their strength all the same. For that much the pink skinned woman wished to see them all through their journey and that they were rewarded with the spoils they could take from the lair of their prey. "I cannot express my gratitude for your willingness to continue in the face of the horror we are certain to face. I can only say that whatever honor and prizes we find in our pursuit of the Terentatek is open to everyone to take. Unless any of you have other business to attend to before we go we can leave anytime now."

Whether they needed extra time or not, eventually they would depart and head for the forested world of Kashyyyk. The homeworld of the wookiees and enormous, towering, wroshyr trees. . . .as well as some of the galaxy's most dangerous predators and beasts. A catalog of them all was likely to be found on the holonet and browsed while they passed the time during hyperspace, because the Terentatek would not be the only threat they would encounter most certainly. Traversing the Shadowlands, the deepest parts of the forest floor, which was rife with many monsters capable of claiming their lives before they even reached their chosen prey, would be a feat in of itself. Part of the Aquar woman's inner fear was to find her father's corpse not at the lair of the terrible beast he had gone to contend with, but picked clean along the path by something unseen. Dead was dead though, so in the end she supposed regardless of what claimed his life as long as it was in battle wherever she found his corpse didn't matter.

Still, when they did arrive on Kashyyyk, a wookiee guide would already be waiting for them at the landing pad. Naphome had no intention of dawdling after all, and she wasn't about to pretend as if she knew the layout of the path they sought to cross. It was also wise to have someone more attune with the various predators show them the way, lest they fall into some arachne creatures territory, run through from beneath the vines and leaves, or be devoured by some of the woodland planet's utterly ridiculously enormous vipers that could engulf them in a single bite. If they could avoid the hunting grounds of such terrifying predators and conserve their strength that would be best. Though Naphome doubted they would be able to make the trek without encountering something. Kinrath were perhaps those the Aquar would rather fight. Because while dangerous and capable of killing many people in their own right, they simply weren't as bad as some of Kashyyyk's other denizens. "Before we go down the turbolift to the Shadowlands from here, if anyone has any last tasks to take care of be sure to do them. Don't get distracted either, we'll move at the guide's pace. His judgement will get us the swiftest and safest path."

Kay-Larr

Kay rode in the ship on their way to Kashyyyk, thinking of [member="Tyr'Vult"] and his companion that had sniffed the top of her head. She had let the creature do so, remaining still. Perhaps the creature was just getting used to her sent, that way if she got lost, she could be found. Not that she had planned on getting lost at all. But one never knows what could happen on this quest.

She looked to [member="Naphome Rorareh"] as she spoke. They were going to be on the planet soon. She shouldered her satchel and double checked it's contents. Everything was still inside. That wasn't surprising, but the tiny bit of anxiety in her made her look. Kay kept her Force Signature down to the size of a small tree nut. It was safer that way, especially as everyone was a stranger to her. But she was ready for what awaited them.

"I'll follow your lead."

[member="Anarya Drast"]

Anarya sat alone on the ship, meditating in simple robes, the armor sitting beside her, hoping for some glimpse into the future. That was what she was good at. This was what she did. Fighting, exploring, healing, they were all things she understood how to do, sure, but Farseeing? This was what she knew best, had grown up doing. She let the Force wash over her, letting it take her somewhere else.

She saw blackness, a shadow blocking out the sun. She thought they were trees. she watched herself jump out of the edge of the vision, a massive set of claws raking where she had been. Growling, a form emerged from the mist, a churning darkness with claws and dripping fangs. No true features were visible beyond the razor hands and gaping maw. She watched as the creature lunged. Anarya jumped back, pulling something off her belt, and throwing it into the creature's mouth before falling and rolling, screaming as she landed. She stood up, clutching her arm. The creature lunged, and everything went black.

Gasping awake in a cold sweat, Anarya lay back on the cold floor. She wasn't sure what she had seen. If she was right, it was her death. If she was wrong, she wasn't sure what was going on. She did know one thing, however.

She wasn't getting out in one piece.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still shaken from the vision, Anarya stepped off the ship. She had changed back into her armor, feeling the weight from it press down on her. It was weird wearing the extra weight, but she knew it would help. At least, she hoped it did. After all, who didn't want to live longer?

[member="Naphome Rorareh"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Tyr'Vult"]

Arisa had decided to tag along this hunt within the Shadowlands of Kashyyyk, but she came by way of her own transport, a corvette designed for Jedi use. Her objective here varied from the others, caring little for the acquisition of the lost swords. Mostly she was around to watch over the party as it was expected they'd run into the likes of Terentatek among the other deadly predators that prowled jungle floor where even Wookies feared to tread. If she found the chance, she would also collect some live tissue samples. As she had checked in with representatives of Panacea for some gear, a request from samples had come straight from the CEO. The biotech firm was in the business of creating biots from beasts like the Tarentatek. It would give her some real purpose on the mission, so she agreed to make an attempt.

------------

She assembled with the rest of the party at the turbolift, kitted out in a full combat load. She was aware of Jedi in the past making their hunts with only their sabers, but Arisa had decided to increase her chances of survival by taking her trusty battle rifle. What was good for killing Sith should be good for tackling Tarentatek. Along with her were a pair of Harvester droids to provide some overwatch as they explored the Shadowlands.

The ship traveled from Yutan to the wookie homeworld. Tyr and Lyk did not own their own ship, so they traveled with the pink fish and the other star children in the pink one's ship. He just spent the whole time in the hanger keeping his mind working over possible ways to handle a deadly creature. He was not entirely sure what they would be dealing with, but it sounded like a creature of the land. On Tel'erra the most dangerous creature was the Wyrra which flew through the air. They could be killed by grounding them, because they were not able to move properly there. Perhaps the same principles could be applied to this hunt? If the creature was a terror on the ground, then maybe taking out its legs would reduce its mobility enough to finish it from safety? Tyr was of the Vult clan, so that meant he was raised to fight as they did. Study cautiously while weakening the prey in any way, then when the fatal weakness is exposed to exploit it mercilessly. Rely on the power of the pack to keep everyone safe. But the problem with this is Tyr did not know these others. He only knew Lyk, so he could not rely on them. They did not have his trust, nor he theirs. The hunt would just needed to be handled with even more caution.

=======================​

The ship eventually landed on the planet, and Tyr was taken aback. They were in trees. Not trees like he was use to, because some of them on his home world could reach amazing heights, but ones that were impossibly tall. He walked around slowly as he pulled off his helmet. His yellow eyes took in the sight of all the verdant wonder. He said in a voice filled with awe, " Bi Rayn....." He had not expected to find a world so still lush with nature. What was even more amazing was that the natives were living in harmony with their planet. It was how things should be. How they were back on Tel'erra. This was right. This was proper. Tyr forced himself out of the awe at what he saw. He did not put his helmet back on as he walked over and listened to what the pink one had to say. He listened all the way through then decided now was the time to what he needed to do.

Tyr sat down cross legged on the ground. He set his helmet to his right before he laid his arms across his knees with his palms facing the canopy of the trees. He closed his eyes and lowered his head. He began to pray, " Weave un vest. Tirn un vest. Tilla un vest. Rayn un vest." He opened up his eyes slowly after he finished and reached over for his helmet. He stood up after and slipped it onto his head. He got it set back in properly then turned to look at the pink one. He said, " I and Lyk are ready to begin the hunt. May the prey be worthy, and the hunt prosperous." He was ready to see what this planet had in store for him. He had certainly been blessed by all of the gods and goddesses this time around, and he was determined to do his best to honor them.

[member="Arisa Yune"] [member="Anarya Drast"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Naphome Rorareh"]

[member="Arisa Yune"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Anarya Drast"] [member="Tyr'Vult"]

For the most part it appeared as if everyone else was prepared for their trip, equipped as they saw fit to tackle the dangers that lurked in the Shadowlands. There were so many creatures they could perish to below in the depths of Kashyyyk it would probably take an hour just to list them all. Still, they weren't near the coast so in all truthfulness that did scratch off a number of dangerous denizens they wouldn't have to worry about. Not that it actually too much in the end the Aquar woman supposed. After all, they were going to hunt a Terentatek which was by far more dangerous than most, if not all, of Kashyyyk's predatory inhabitants awaiting them before. Still, there was reason to worry about the other menaces waiting in the darkness since they could end their journey before they reached their goal.

Or simply just weaken them so that their battle with the Sith Monstrosity was even more dire.

Now would be their only real time to relax before venturing forward if they needed it. Which only seemed to be the human who had brought his pet as he performed some form of prayer. Having traveled much Naphome could recall seeing various cultures having their unique aspects, she supposed the prayer was his. Once he was done, however, it appeared as if they were all ready to depart. "The guide will take us as far as he can and then wait for us on the path when we reach the coordinates from the journal. So let's get going before we get too relaxed." Normally one might say before it got dark, but it was always darker in the Shadowlands so far beneath the canopies.

The wookiee guide would growl softly as he waited inside the turbolift for them, the lift door closing as soon as they were inside. The seemed to want to get a move. Even if it was already dark below, nocturnal creatures would still be more likely to prowl when the night cycle passed over the forest floor.

Kay-Larr

Kay watched [member="Tyr'Vult"] as he knelt and prayed. It was not unlike Force users meditating before a mission or battle. That wasn't a bad thing. Her late husband was of the sort to do that too. There was a sense of honour to it and it appeared that Tyr was a good man. A favourable thing to have on this quest.

She looked to [member="Naphome Rorareh"] and nodded as they were given instruction. She followed with the rest of the bunch. Their Wookie guide seemed to be a bit impatient, or perhaps it was anxiety? Nerves? Worry? All of the above? Kay hoped to be ready for whatever awaited them. This could either be a short trip or a long one. She hoped for the former. But one never knew with missions such as these.

[member="Arisa Yune"] [member="Anarya Drast"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom