Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Human Cargo II

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay gasped as she was hoisted off of her feet. "Put me down!!" Of course it was silly to say it, but [member="Ghorua the Fish"] did put her down after the fact. Yet he kept his iron grip on her.

She looked to [member="Thraxis"] as he spoke, using that same tone of voice. And that room...bare and white and cold. "I don't want your treatments...I want to go home.." The chant that the Gammoreans gave was equally disturbing. "I'm not insane...I'm not insane..."

Kay did the last thing that she could think of to help her escape. She turned her head and bit down on Ghorua's left hand in a bit to get him to release her so that she could make a run for it.

[member="Julian Valentine"]

Ghorua felt a pinch on his hand as he looked between Thraxis and Julian. Looking down, he saw their captive biting down on his gloved hand. Laughing, he simply squeezed down hard on the woman's shoulders. If it was uncomfortable before, it was almost unbearable for her now. Sure, the bite hurt, but she was trying to draw blood through his padded hand, and tough skin. It would take a little more than human jaws to get through that. "Now, now. Don't make this any more complicated than it has to be," he whispered, deep voice rumbling in his throat.

Shaking his head, the Hunter turned his attention once again to the little stand-down between Julian and the other guy. Ghorua sensed tension, and decided to stay silent. The Herglic didn't want to say anything, lest he messed up their drop-off. He decided instead to stare down the biggest Gammorean, a full foot and a half shorter than him. If this guy wanted to hire big and ugly, he should've went with Herglics instead of these bacon-strips.

[member="Lady Kay"]
[member="Thraxis"]

His head snapped towards the Big Guy, his eyes darting around uncontrollably, "You seem to misunderstand. I don't need big. I need monsters. And these monsters here tend to be very good at their job. Besides, from what I have heard the Herglics are more a trader species then a bloodthirsty one. Trying to find an army of them would be more difficult then Gammoreans." he said with a chuckle, it seemed tension was brewing here and if they were going to start a fight, then he had home ground advantage. Orbital Defense systems would prevent escape and the whole of the White Palace would love a spectacle.

The Gammorean looked towards him, a sleek smile growing across his face, his face was torn and crusted with scars, his teeth had long since been torn out and replaced with strips of metal, his horns suffering the same fate. He moved towards the man who had delivered Madam Kay, a small Black Briefcase, weaved of Sullus Leather. Upon reaching the men the case clicked , the lid winging open to reveal wads of thousands in Credits, wrapped in leather bands.
[member="Julian Valentine"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Ghorua the Fish"]

The man was arrogant and insufferable, Julian could understand why Kay didn't want to be handed over. He would likely hang himself from the rafters if he even had the share a room with the man for one night. Julian took the briefcase, and remarked, "You're a genuine idiot and a buffoon. Only a moron uses credits in large exchanges." He couldn't bite his tongue, he was tired of this man and simply wanted to go home. "You ought to ask your pigs on how to use a datapad and check out the shadownet."

"Let's go, Fish," he said, and began to march back to the shuttle he took down. He didn't care whether or not Kay tried to make a run. It wasn't his job to babysit her, his only job was to deliver her. She was out of his hands, in a manner of speaking. He walked up the ramp and ducked through the corridor of the small craft, as wide as three-men abreast - just big enough for the Herglic, barely. Julian took a seat, briefcase at his side. "Who even uses briefcases anymore?" he muttered to himself in exasperation. He began to warm the engines.

[member="Ghorua the Fish"]
[member="Lady Kay"]
[member="Thraxis"]

The Herglic stared down Thraxis, his smile melting as his race was mentioned. Pushing the girl forward, presumably into the arms of a Gammorean, Ghorua turned his eyes to the torturer. "I do hope we work together in the future," he growled, much more menacing than any defiled swine. His black eyes, sunken into his ebony face, glinted with a cold fury. He was quite angry with the man, like Julian, but for a different reason. Ghorua didn't like being stereotyped along with his race. Trade empire... bah.

Turning on his heel toward the ship, Ghorua looked over his plated shoulder, and gave her an up-nod, as if to say good luck. With that, he followed his fellow Hunter.

Ghorua found his smile again as Julian vented at him. "Yeah, a bit of a blast from the past. I suppose it has it's charm, though. It's a little difficult to bask in your riches in code form." The Herglic stood, his smile hiding his brooding mind. "At least we finally get payed. What do you say to a celebratory game of Dejarik when we get back to the ship?"

[member="Thraxis"]
[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay winced as [member="Ghorua the Fish"] tightened his grip on her shoulder. Well that certainly didn't work. She watched the exchanges between them, the insults, the suitcase. And then there it was. It was like she was bought and paid for. But not for a slave of course. She knew that [member="Thraxis"] didn't like it, thankfully.

As [member="Julian Valentine"] and Ghorua left, she frowned. They still had her belongings, her beloved satchel included. One of the Gammoreans held onto her arm. This was not going to be an easy escape for sure.

An Idea had sprung to life in the crevices of his mind, What exactly am I supposed to get from her? he thought quizzically as he turned to look to Lady Kay. He could not look weak but being dumbstruck he had little idea as to what to do. The Republic was crumbling so there was no need to know anything there. After a brief pondering he decided his next course of action.

"Okay Kay. We have one of two options that we can take. You tell me what I want to know and I let you go. Or I simply torture you and get what I need to know." a satirized smile splitting his face as his head slowly leaned to the left, his teeth still having specks of blood under toning his white teeth.
[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

She wasn't quite sure if she believed him. But not wanting to miss out on an opportunity to be let go, she spoke up. "What is it that you want to know, [member="Thraxis"] ..." This was indeed unexpected. And Kay couldn't help but wonder if he'd ask her something that was impossible to answer. She had been spending so much time helping her friends, trying not to break Republic law and dodging bounty hunters, that she didn't go on her missions to free slaves much anymore. She left most of that to the self sustaining shell company that she had created.

"Well... for starters why did you send someone after me. It was quite rude. I have yet to ever do something like that to you. The next thing is I want to know what exactly is going on with the Republic." in truth, he hadn't heard much information come flying by. A lot about crazy leadership on the part of Corvus, but merely ignored that as the crazy conspirators taking a step to far about something that was likely far more simple.

"The last thing I want to know is quite crucial. What do you know about James." his eyes froze as he looked sharp, a serious demeanor quickly overshadowing his otherwise insane features. "I caught a few details but it was more focused on who it was. Then your name popped up. Then it got more focused on you. But now, I find myself contemplating who he was and why he dared to attack me. Especially without an army at his back." Thraxis hissed at Lady Kay, an eye twitching as his fingers curled into his hand making a fist.
[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

"I.....I figured that you could be captured. That was why I sent him after you. But it failed and I was wrong to do it." Kay lowered her gaze to his bleeding mouth. She wasn't proud of what she did and was already doing what she could to make up for it with James. "As for the Republic...there's a lot going on. But most of what you see or here is just propaganda from the Galaxy Enquirer." A lot of it was overblown, and taken out of context. She was trying to get it straightened out before she was captured.

To his last enquiry she clenched her jaw. The look in his eyes and his attitude made her nervous. "...I don't know a lot about him. We help eachother out, he's like a big brother to me. He only came after you because he owed me a favour.." The last thing that she needed was for [member="Thraxis"] to come after James.

"Well that is good to know. To be honest. I don't have anything special prepared for you. Everything you just saw was the best I could muster, I would need at least three weeks notice to get something worthwhile for you up and running." He said with a wicked grin, it seemed there was someone she cared about. Enough to call him a brother too. His hand started to twitch as he turned around, a flick of his uniform as the Gammoreans slowed down their chant.

"In other words you have three weeks to get of this planet. If you are still on during that time then you and I will have such an enjoyable time." a twitch grew in his eyes as his hands started to scratch at the uniform slowly tearing the fabric apart and leaving just his metal suit of armor underneath. "But if I find anyone has come to rescue you. Well... then I will have to come down and catch them. After all, they don't need special care." a chuckle formed in the back of his throat slowly crawling its way out of his body and into an audible voice.
[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay took half a step back. He didn't have anything prepared? Good. But that of course was if she believed him. Of course he had never lied to her.

Another half step was taken backwards as he spoke of her having three weeks to get off planet. But she couldn't get rescued? "What do you mean, if someone has come to rescue me? Are you saying that I have to get out of here by myself?" It wasn't an impossible task, but certainly more difficult. Especially as she didn't have her satchel containing all of her things. Not even water. Her bodyguard surely would have told someone that she had been kidnapped. People were coming. They had to be.

[member="Thraxis"]

"Consider this quite generous. There are many ways to get of the planet." he said as his head snapped around to Kay, his eyes growing erratic, this was the torture. To observe how Kay would get of the planet, to see her resourcefulness when there was no hope otherwise. While not planned, it certainly would be enjoyable to watch.

A thought came to his head, a reminder, this was similar to how he joined the Jackals. Though in his situation he was running away from home. "And if you don't believe me, well... you can always barricade yourself inside a building and prepare for a skirmish between you and whatever is left of the Cartel." a new grin splitting across his face as he proceeded to walk into the White Palace, the Gammoreans following him in an orderly fashion.
[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay swallowed. Fend for herself, cross the desert by herself and find a way off planet by herself. Great. How could she even handle a skirmish with no weapons or anything?

She watched [member="Thraxis"] leave with his Gammoreans. How would he even know if she had contact with any of her friends? It wasn't as though he knew them all. Was he sure that he wasn't a Sith? His methods were the same. They'd be happy to have him.

So she just had to rely on herself. No problem. Really. Kay was quite well known because of her job. People should be willing to help, right? She turned around and started her journey away from the White Palace. First thing she needed was shelter from the suns. Travelling at night was best. And then she needed to find a town or something so that she could have a drink and some food. Sounded easy in her head. Now to see if reality was just as easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom