Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hra'ne Oya'karir Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
ykh61nD.png

Image Source: Guild Wars 2
Intent: Create and show others that a armor can be made through canon Hides and still be effective protection
Development Thread:
Manufacturer: Iscariot Industries
Model: Hra'ne Oya'karir Amror
Modularity: No
Production: Semi-Unique
Material: Kimogila hide, Giant walking fish scale fiber armorweave, Bone, Lava flea shells, Thermal Gel & Akk dog scaley hide.

Classification: Multipurpose, Heavy hide armor
Weight: 12kg
Quality: 7

Kinetic: 8
Energy: 8
Heat Resistance: 7
Cold Resistance: 4
Electric Resistance: 1
Acid Resistance: 1

Special Features:
  • Impervious to blasters
  • Made from only animals
  • Medium weight
  • Lightsaber resistant
  • Freedom of movement

Description:
Hra'ne Oya'karir or Great Hunt Armor in basic is a organic set of armor made from various animal types from across the galaxy. The Armor is rather light and gives an excellent amount of protection against energy & kinetic weapons for an organic armor. The Hide armor is layered well and can keep an individual warm enough to survive on a cold planet or environment granted you have some prior knowledge on survival. The armor cant save you all by itself. Inner most layer starts with a fiber armorweave made from Giant walking fish scales, a creature found in the depths of the Coruscant underworld. The scales are impervious to blaster fire. Lava flea shells are used in the next layer for primarily insulation against extreme heats and does its job well enough to keep the wearer alive on Volcanic planets. The Shells themselves can resist the heat of lava but due to the other materials its merged with the entire suit cannot boat the same feat. A thin thermal gel can be found next to help dampen kinetic attacks that are throw its way, alone the gel is useless but the next layer is what makes the gel work great. Kimogila hide. A distant rumored relative of the mighty krayt dragon. Kimogila hide is highly resistant to both energy and kinetic, so much that the hide can only be damaged by anti-personnel weapons. Its a lovely trait and makes great resistant against personal weapons but I will advise anyone who thinks they can survive a shot from any type of personnel weapon. Your a fool. You will most likely die and the hide will remain.

Last layers are Akk dog hide and bones for a finishing touch. Both have High energy resistant properties and can survive the damage of a lightsaber but on this armor one is more effective that the other, the Bone itself is more for cosmetic effect. Akk dog scale hide is the outermost layer for obvious reasons. Akk dog hide along makes good armor but provides little resistance against kinetic energy. Altogether the mixture of hides and scales make an excellent source of protection from all around. The bones comes into place as a more cosmetic design but can be used to counter enemy blades or be used as a weapon itself.

Over all the Armor has amazing protection vs energy and kintetic but that is really it. The armor is not fitted to ground incoming electrical attacks. High voltages can not only fry the wearer but also the armor itself. Extreme sudden temptature drop is another that the hide armor would not be able to take in full. Lastly is acid. Which i dont feel i need to explain too much. Leather/Armorweave vs acid. Yeah. Full head protection is not an option as the mask only covers from the bridge of the nose and down around the back of the head. The upper portion of the head is exposed.

+ Impervious to Blaster fire
+ Lightsaber resistant
+ Organic armor & Medium weight
+/- Freedom of movement
- No head protection
- blunt trama will damage the wearer easily
- No resistance to acid, cold, electric & sonic weapons

Sources:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lava_flea/Legends
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Akk_dog
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kimogila
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Giant_walking_fish
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Armorweave/Legends
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Maalraa

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Saverok"]

Saverok said:
Production: Limited

Saverok said:
Quality:
  • Kinetic: 8
  • Energy: 10
  • Heat Resistance: 7
  • Cold Resistance: 4
  • Electric Resistance: 1
  • Acid Resistance: 1

Saverok said:
Special Features:
  • Impervious to blasters
  • Made from only animals
  • Medium weight
  • Lightsaber resistant
  • Freedom of movement
This makes me very weary to approve this armor. First of all, Almost all of the armor ever approved in the factory that have a rating of 10 were either Event level tech given to those who won an item as a prize, or they had many development threads used in the creation of said armor. Even then, I can count the sets of armor on one hand that have the key words of "Impervious to Blasters"

So, before I can even look at this, I will need to see substantial development threads of at least gathering all of these different hides, scales, and bones. Considering that many of these creatures are either; Huge, Difficult to kill, difficult to find, or a combination of all three.

As well, I see some inconsistencies between the quoted items above and your description.

Saverok said:
Kinetic: 8 Energy: 10
Saverok said:
The Armor is rather light and gives a fair amount of protection against energy & kinetic weapons.
8-10 rated armor are generally left for either Heavy armors, or armors that have a very high resistance to one or two items in particular. Yet in the description, you say it is "Fair." In my perspective, Fairly protective is like wearing just armor weave with some pieces of plasteel in place of real armor. Something Very very light, and meant for minimal protection. So to prevent differences between opinions of people, Please either remove this sentence, or replace it with something more appropriate.

Saverok said:
Inner most layer starts with a fiber armorweave made from Giant walking fish scales
I would actually like to see how this is made. I have seen people use scales in many degrees of armors. But never as an Armorweave. Can you explain in your description how you turned harden scales that are "impervious to blasters" into a flexible armorweave?

As well, Many people consider Kinetic damage as Slugthrowers and melee weapons to be on the same level. When we both know they are not. Slugthrowers are meant as a penetration tool, and most melee weapons are either slashing, stabbing or blunt instruments of war.

So, can you please add in there that blunt force trauma can still damage the wearer despite the armor possibly not breaking from it,

Otherwise, I see some clear weaknesses that you have.
  • No helmet to speak of, as mask only covers the jawline and neck.
  • Sudden drops in temperature, Electrical and Acidic damage the armor or the person severely.
  • Armor can take the blast, but the people wearing it can still be broken.
EDIT: Please contact me about any questions of the Development threads, or if you have any questions of the submission overall.

Zephyr Carrick said:
8-10 rated armor are generally left for either Heavy armors, or armors that have a very high resistance to one or two items in particular. Yet in the description, you say it is "Fair." In my perspective, Fairly protective is like wearing just armor weave with some pieces of plasteel in place of real armor. Something Very very light, and meant for minimal protection. So to prevent differences between opinions of people, Please either remove this sentence, or replace it with something more appropriate.
Get rid of the sentence "Fair amount of protection"

Zephyr Carrick said:
I would actually like to see how this is made. I have seen people use scales in many degrees of armors. But never as an Armorweave. Can you explain in your description how you turned harden scales that are "impervious to blasters" into a flexible armorweave?
How can you make an armor weave out of organic scales when armorweave is made out of metals. Explain.

Zephyr Carrick said:
As well, Many people consider Kinetic damage as Slugthrowers and melee weapons to be on the same level. When we both know they are not. Slugthrowers are meant as a penetration tool, and most melee weapons are either slashing, stabbing or blunt instruments of war. So, can you please add in there that blunt force trauma can still damage the wearer despite the armor possibly not breaking from it,
Add blunt force trauma can still injure the person wearing the armor.

[member="Saverok"]

- Removed maalraa bone & added normal bone
- Dropped production scale to Semi-Unique

Made on edit for Giant walking fish scale armorweave. In another armor i made i used the same thing but it was a Fiber armorweave. I dont know the scientific method of making i trust in starwars weird tech. EXAMLPLE

Lava fleas i dont feel i should need to dev thread that specific animal due to the fact that on the wiki it says the Mustifarians uses the shell shedding from their flea mounts as armor. Interpet that as ... Musty Lava flea is the equivalent to a horse or bantha.

+ Edits made [member="Zephyr Carrick"]

Saverok said:
Lava fleas i dont feel i should need to dev thread that specific animal due to the fact that on the wiki it says the Mustifarians uses the shell shedding from their flea mounts as armor. Interpet that as ... Musty Lava flea is the equivalent to a horse or bantha.
Good enough for me.

[member="Saverok"], Thank you for the edits, and make sure to get those devlopment threads done.

However, due to a rule of not allowing Work In Progress submissions being submitted, and you have a good 2+ development threads ahead of you, this will be archived. Should you want to perform edits, or pull it from archival, let a member of staff know.

[member="Cira"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom