Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to train a Rat (Eldoc Qyester)

This was Rat first time ever flying in a ship and already he hated it, he was seated in the copilot seat looking out at all the stars and the planet's they flew by . The ship was spacious, but only because of Rat small stature , he flew on a small transport vessel piloted by a personal protocol droid since Rat didn't know how to fly. And judging by this experience he wasn't going to be in any hurry to learn how to. Rat hated being surrounding by metal, it reminded him to much of his salve days being trapped in his slave pen. Sure this metal was in a different shape from a cell, but he still felt uneasy being on a ship going about one million miles per minute . With nothing but stars,planets and asteroids to look at, or crash into. And to make matters worse the droid that the Black hand had provided him with was a terrible pilot at best, and for more than half the trip to Dantooine the ship shook feverishly. Making the young man feel nauseous .

Although Rat was eternally grateful for the Black hand to accept the former slave into their ranks, and they even offer to train the young man in the ways of the force. A kindness Rat did not expect to come from anybody in this cold, ruthless galaxy. He had stories from other slaves about how ruthless and cruel this galaxy truly was. And that everyone acted as cold and heartless as his former master was. It gave him a small ammount of joy to find out that the other slaves were wrong and that the galaxy did had some descent people in it.

"Landing in sixty seconds ser." Rat droid spoke to him , breaking the silence in the aircraft. As the humanoid droid started to push a few buttons, and flip a few switches. Before turning the steering wheel toward the planet hangar bay.

Rat was suppose to meet a dark Jedi on the planet by the name of @Eldoc Qyester. This Eldoc was to tutored Rat in the ways of the force and lightsaber combat . Judas ,the leader of the Black hand explained to Rat that Eldoc owed him a favor and that the planet Dantooine was already strong in the force. Which should make his training go albeit more smoothly, than on their home world of Vjun. And it also boasted a groove of lightsaber crystals which should allow Rat to build his own lightsaber. If he was worthy to possess to one.

He let out a sigh of relief when he felt the ship had landed successfully land on the planet surface. Immediately Rat jumped out of his seat and scurried off the ship, and dove onto the planet surface landing face first on concrete, before he kissed the cold hard concrete ground of the docking bay , all the while screaming out . "Land! " He than raised his head into the air. "Dear God, dry stable land!" Rat than lowered his head and kissed the ground again, before picking up his head and spitting out some dirt and other unmentionables out of his mouth while rubbing his lips. "Oh God that tasted awful. "Rat spite out, as he quickly rose to his feet. That was when he noticed a few dock workers and a couple of civilians laughing at him. He tried to play it off, by leaning against the hull of his ship and folding his arms into his chest. That was when his protocol droid walked off the ship with Rat's passport and ship info in hand and walked over to the Dantooine customs office to declare their items. "Okay so where is this Eldoc guy? "Rat thought out loud to himself.

Eldoc apperantly owed a man he had never met a favor, which was common.. it was probably traded. He sighed as he looked criticly at the student who landed before him. This is what he was stuck with? he thought as he looked the boy over. " Well love land all you want, lets go Rat" He said taking off in another direction assuming that the boy would follow him. He took him outside the city, which was quite the trek. He didn't say anything or do anything other than walk. He wanted to make the boy squirm. That was after all his goal. This was going to be fun he thought, another padawan to evaluate. Eldoc than stopped dead in the middle of a grassy plain. It was nice to finally be free of the city. " Show me what you can do and maybe I won't leave you here." He said with a soft chuckle. He wanted to see just how Rat would perform. He didn't really have any idea how trained Rat was. this was the first test.
@[member="Rat Six"]

A giant of man approached Rat and eyed him for a few moments, his gaze was albeit unsettling to him . It was as if he was studying him for any sort of uncertainty or doubt in the young man, and made Rat felt he was being sold or something. To say at the very less Rat was slightly nervous by the man's gaze that when he spoke to Rat about his love for land, Rat slightly flinch back a little. He had expected his voice to be....bigger no stronger or project a louder boom than what it did , but instead his voice sounded old as if the passage of time had slowly etched away at his body. Although he looked physically fit and quite intimidating."O....of course. "Rat spoke timidly at first, but he quickly summoned the courage to speak to the man property ." I hate flying, almost as much as I hate eating my vegetables. "Rat joked, in order to ease some tension residing inside of him . But Eldoc didn't seem to really enjoy his joke, and just simply turned around started to walk away. For a moment Rat was confuse about what he should do, but when he saw the Eldoc leaving the hangar doors he quickly ran after the man. Eldoc lead Rat through the town, outside the city walls and to an open field. While the duo walked,Rat asked Eldoc a ton of questions , mostly about random stuff like what kind of animals is on this planet or how old he is, or why does he wear his armor line that. Annoying questions at best, geared mostly to tick off anyone without an infinite ammount of patience or someone who was not good with kids. Which in most part is what Rat acted like.

So deep into asking his own questions Rat almost didn't hear Eldoc when he asked his question. "Wait. You want me do what now?" Rat asked, as he looked at the ground and scratched the back of head . "Yeah, that's just the thing. I don't know anything about the force or how to use it. "He than paused for a moment before continuing to say "but I have used it though. I just down know how to....call upon it." Rat said to Eldoc

" I said Show me what you can do, unless your useless, perhaps you can't do anything. I mean I heard you were a longshot from judas, but I didn't think you were that pathiec. " He said with a smirk and a mocking tone. He wanted to rile up rat. It was the least he could do to the kid, plus kids were always entertaining when they were mad. Eldoc waited for the kid to do something, even if it was standing on his hands or something he thought, observing the kid and trying to figure out what chances he had. It was interesting to think that he was here watching some kid now. He was a glorified babysiter.

@[member="Rat Six"]

Rat looked at Eldoc with an angry expression upon his face , as his eyes narrowed in at the man's face as while he spoke to Rat . He balled up fist and showed his teeth to Eldoc, giving Rat an almost feral or primitive appearance about him. Eldoc had just met Rat and already he was belittling him. Calling him pathetic and useless. 'Just as his former slave master did, before he beat Rat to an inch of his life.' This made Rat extremely angry at Eldoc as that thought crossed his mind . And for some strange reason Rat took in a deep breath, and what happened next shocked Rat.

"F***!" Rat said his voice roaring like a plane engine getting for take off."yoooooooooouuuuuuuuu!" Rat yelled out to Eldoc , unknowingly letting out a force scream at the man. Well. Not exactly a force scream, more like a force screech or a force howl . Or whatever water down version of force scream you can think of. The force scream Rat had emitted from his mouth was weak at best, and all that it 'might' have been able to accomplish was to give Eldoc a small discomfort in his ears. Or even cause them to pop for a few moments. His scream also picked up some dirt and small pebbles and send them flying toward Eldoc General direction, but physically the scream should have no effect on the giant of a man.

Whether it was the planet strong connection to the force that had allowed Rat an increase in his own force capabilities or just his inner demons that had caused a temporal amplification in his own prowess. Whatever the case may have been, Rat really didn't care . He was just glade to show Eldoc that he wasn't useless. He felled to one knee out of breath and nearly drain of energy. Rat looked back at Eldoc panting to himself softly. " Huff....hufff Is that.. huff good enough for you? "Rat said sarcastically to him .

@[member="Eldoc Quasat"]

Eldoc chuckled " Good show my man, that is a good one. Well than you pass, you can indeed use the force, though don't try for something so big next time, the move you just tried to imitate, is far to advanced for someone like you. Well here is camp, I am off to get some food, set up a fire would ya?" He said as he moved towards a direction. Eldoc smirked to himself knowing he had a wryly one. Then again he was content with distancing himself at the moment. He wasn't here to be the kids firiend. Well yet, but then again he didn't know what to think of him. He had obviously struck a cord. He would have to find out more about him. Eldoc killed a beast of some sort and carried some wood, using the force to help him. He started a fire and began to cook the hound and looked to Rat. " So Tell me about your self, I need to know about who I am training if we are to achieve anything. "

@[member="Rat Six"]

@[member="Eldoc Quasat"]

Rat listened to what Eldoc had to say about say about his force scream ability, and gave him a fair warning to never use that ability until he was stronger in the ways of the force. Rat wasn't surprised that he would this ability now of all the places . Back during his final days of being a slave Rat had used a similarly power but on a much wider magnitude. This time, however, was different. Rat was more exhausted and his throat felt inflamed. Rat simply nodded his head at Eldoc request , to tire and sore to speak at the moment. Than Eldoc left to find food.

Rat tried his best to start a fire but couldn't. He lacked the skills as well as the means to do so. So instead Rat just closed his eyes and sat Indian-style and try to meditate on stretching out and feelings things through the force. Slowly, Rat could to feel things swirling around his immediate vincity. Like little tiny atoms of light or some sort. These atoms gently brushed against his skin, giving Rat a small warmth to his frail body and a funny tingling sensation as well. Just as Rat was about to stretch out further with the force, he heard a sudden twig snap. Which broke his concentration. Rat quickly stood up to see that Eldoc had return back to the campsite , with food and firewood.

Eldoc started a fire and begin cooking the beast he had caught. While he was cooking, Rat had moved closer to fire to get some of it's warmth. That was when @Eldoc Qyester had asked Rat about his past. "Not much to tell, I'm afraid. The same old song being told across the galaxy. "Rat said as he hugged his knees into his chest, while staring blankly into the fire Eldoc had made. "I was born on Nar Shadda. Sold into slavery by my parents to settle some kind drug debt with my master. Than forced to become a gladiator when I was ten . Become the tag team champion of my master's arena games, when I was twelve. Killed my...." Rat choked on his next word for a few moments before saying, as he hanged his head down in shame . "Brother when I was twenty. During the bout with my brother, I was spotted out by a dark force users who set me free. And helped me get my revenge on my former master. Shortly after we''ve left the planet the the dark force user who had saved me from my life servitude, was killed by a Jedi. In which case I just wondered around the galaxy, till I meet the Dark Father. "Rat spoke cold , as if he didn't expect Eldoc or anyone to care about what he had been threw . He than raise his head back up and started to stare back at the fire once more. This time however, his eyes looked different somehow as if it was now devoid of all life and joy. And replaced with empty husk . "When can we resume my training Mister Eldoc? "Rat asked quickly to the man. Wanting to get his mind off his past.

Eldoc listened to the boy. He had been through alot, he was going to have to take a different approach. He had figured he was a cocky darksider. It appeared that was not the case. " Well lets feed you first, and then you get to practice with this" He said tossing a unignited training saber at him. He chuckled cooking the hound over the fire, thinking about rat. " I think you could make a good dark jedi, But, don't block out the past, Yes it hurts. You didn't ask to be treated like that. I know what it is like to have life turn on you. Have you spent months alone in the wilds of korriban? Been frozen in time twice? I was born over 600 years ago. We need to get you a new life, and something to work for. I work for beer, coin, and a friend of mine. It isn't the best of goals, but I know that at the end of the day, my few friends are true friends. I am here to teach you how to use your gift, but I won't do it if you separate yourself from feelings. You can't cop out on them because they hurt. So, what do you say, will you try to make a new life with me? I think you have potential but I need a friend, not a husk. " He said as he set the cooked meat down between them and took a bite. It was perfect. " Think, after this you get to train till you pass out. " He chuckled. " I will even join you if you want, no sense in doing it alone." He said wondering what Rat's reaction would be to this all.
Eldoc had his work cut out with him, 2 apprentices, he wondered where javir went off to. He sighed that boy was the one he was most curious about.
@[member="Ratholomew"]

Rat wasn't to pleased with Eldoc response, to not resume his training at the moment, but he kept his anger quite at the time. He didn't want to offend his tutor by questioning his teaching methods, so instead he just continue to stare blankly at the fire as it beautifully danced around their meal. Steadily cooking the meat as it did. That was when Eldoc tossed him a training lightsaber. And without even looking up from the fire, Rat raised his hand and caught the hilt of the training lightsaber in the palm of his left hand, before staring at the blade. After studying the weapon his placed the saber on the ground next to him.

While Eldoc cooked the food in front of him , the man started to explain his past to him. Rat of course, was mostly going in and out, halfway listening to Eldoc speak. He didn't want to be bother with his tutor past, until a few words piqued Rat's interest in the man. "Six hundred years ago ." He repeated softly to himself , as he raised his head from the swirling flame, to gaze upon Eldoc facial features . Analyzing him . The man didn't look a day over fifty , let alone a hundred. However, Rat felt that he was telling the truth and had sensed no lie coming from the man. But to live so long and to loose so much. It must of been difficult for him to leave his loved one's behind , all to be thrust into a new galaxy engulfed in chaos and death. In a way Eldoc had lost more than Rat could have possibly imagined, but unlike Rat, Eldoc found a way to to cope with his lost . Although, some would consider he's reason for living to be absurd . Rat ,however,understood the reasoning behind it and started to ponder what he wanted out of life .

@[member="Eldoc Quasat"]

"I...."He briefly pause to himself as he carefully think out his words." All I want is to forget about my past, and build a better future without being tormented by it. If your past consisted of nothing but pain and 'killing' the people who once called you friend and family, wouldn't you want to forget your past to? And try to start anew?" Rat asked him, as he narrowed in on Eldoc's eyes, as he continued to say. " I just want to live my own life to my own accord, without answering to anyone for my actions. That and the power to shot lightning at fools. "He begin to speak cheerfully again to Eldoc, before adding. "That shall be my reason to live. To build a better future for myself. "He declared out to Eldoc, as a small smile graced his tiny exterior ." And I do welcome your friendship Mister Eldoc, but I want to find my own way through life. And besides, I can't have an old bantha like you cramping my style with the ladies . "Rat teased him, as he let out a soft chuckle.

@[member="Rat Six"]
“You will find that you are the one cramping my style, Eldoc ate some and then went and stood off to the side, he pulled out his saber and modified it quickly so he didn’t kill Rat. “ Well lets fight, then show me what you got” He said, awaiting for the boy to approach him. He just waited, his saber back on his belt, standing there, waiting for his apprentice to make the first move. He wanted to ensure he gave his apprentice the best chance, so he stood waiting for the boy too attack him. He shoved his last piece of food in his mouth, and began reaching for his flask. Taking a swig, he watched, wondering if his ‘distraction’ would be taken advantage up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom