Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How specific do I have to be in my Codex entries?

So.. I'm looking to write a thing heavily inspired by cosmic horror. But. The problem is that one of the key aspects of cosmic horror is vagueness and not nailing everything down.

Would it be appropriate to answer the codex inquiries with semi-unreliable quotes? Or maybe give specifics in DMs with the judge who would approve/deny it? I'm always open to more options if you guys have any if neither of these would be appropriate.

Side note: If I'm designing an NPC, do I have to sub the species and then the NPC or can I just sub the NPC even if the species is not canon/accepted/written out?

Factory and Codex are always optional, so if you want to keep that mystique I'd suggest not doing a codex sub yet. You could use a blog to just create a basic outline and then do the codex sub after the story is over. [member="Montiie"]

[member="Montiie"] It's better to fill in the template as it is advised within it. Perhaps when using the sub IC, then you could be vague with it.

Also, as far as the NPC goes, I'd sub the species first then the NPC. You could do both at the same time, also. When creating a NPC, normally, you have to link the species so yeah.

[member="Montiie"] Make a detailed sub in codex, just make notes somewhere in the sub that any details mentioned IC would be viewed with high amounts of suspicion at the least, and the more someone tries to convince others the more likely they would be to be seen as completely off their rocker. It is optional, but it is good to have an OOC idea of what the species is overall to help a potential writing partner figure out how to write their reactions to the character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom