Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How does Cloudbreaking work?

Evasion Studios
offfice-365-broken-cloud-700x315.png
How does Cloud Breaking work?
From the site rules - I have found one mention of how cloud breaking works:

6. If a Major Faction's Influence Cloud is completely severed into two or more smaller clouds by an Invasion or any other method, the Major Faction loses the cloud(s) furthest away from it's Capital Planet and only retains the cloud it's Capital Planet resides in. - source

There have been instances where a cloud is not actually fully severed, wherein the cloud still connects geographically from one spot to the next - and yet the cloud was considered broken and territory lost. Given the only indication about cloud breaking is from this one section of the rules - I was wondering if we could get a better and more in depth explanation of what goes into a cloud breaking scenario?

[member="Tefka"] | [member="Spencer Jacobs"] | [member="Valiens Nantaris"] | [member="Alric Kuhn"]​

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
I always entertained the possibility that a cloudbroken-faction would have the other part sort of reform into a more radical, or more laid-back version of the main faction, depending on the characteristics of he who was in charge of that area.

Evasion Studios
[member="Jak Sandrow"] An interesting thought - but I was more questioning the logistics of the thing, not what happens after it has occurred.

[member="Evad"]
I'm under the impression that if there's too much of a distance from planet A and B that are on either sides of the cloubreaking lines it turns into a cloudbreak.

Or whatever Tefka decides to do.

Evasion Studios
[member="Braith"] While I understand that logic, it still isn't exactly a defined process, and I'm hoping we can have that done so it's easier to comprehend when and if cloudbreaking occurs. Or so that there can be plans put in place to create a cloudbreaking scenario without second guessing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom