Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question How do bounties work?

Badar

B
Taken from an answer to this question in 2017:

"You do not need permission to go after them in public threads, however it is entirely up to them if they are willing to be captured, killed, or even acknowledge you. It's best to generally ask the person.

There aren't really any rules on it. It's entirely writer driven. Nobody can kill your character except you. That's really it.

Most people don't agree to it, which is why most bounties are never completed."

Badar

B
No problem. I actually came because I didn't know either, but I saw that in the "similar threads" down below.

Scald Scald Badar this is no longer entirely the case as of this year.

With the introduction of Bounty Toggles anyone with a Red indicator (Triangle Shape in the top left), you are announcing to any potential Bounty Hunters that you are open to a Bounty Hunting storyline in any of your threads not marked Private.

So Bounty Hunting is still entirely writer driver as it was in 2017, we now have a few features that make it easier for potential Bounty Hunters who want to do this sort of story to figure out who is open to it without literally asking every person.

Additionally, also due to changes made this year to the Bounty Template, it is now no longer possible (or feasible I suppose), to place an IC Bounty on a character who's writer is not a participant (in the past, people would put Bounties on people for ridiculous OOC reasons, and caused much grief). Now, someone with a Bounty must be a willing participant, otherwise the Bounty is unattainable. One could still place a bounty on them, but the intent of their bounty will be judged, and people will be able to very quickly tell if this is for a storyline or someone being petty.

I am the Faction owner of the Bounty Hunters Guild, and I've been trying to get more people organized and together, but I am currently undergoing an extended LOA, so I apologize for the state of my faction :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom