Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

House Syrush

Thule%20Hegemony_zpsaxjghsrq.png
Name: House Syrush
Countess: Amelia Sorenn-Syrush

Description:

House Syrush was one of the Great Houses of Alderaan during the Cold War between the Republic and the Sith Empire. They were a vassal house of the Royal House of Organa and supported its claim to the Royal Throne during the Alderaanian Civil War. In 3,644 BBY the Ruur Killik Hive tunnels were broken into, and the Killiks overran the Syrush Estate. Many of the family members were killed with others being absorbed into the Hive. What few members survived were taken in by other Alderaanian Great Houses.

The Syrush Estate was left abandoned and forgotten in King's Pass over the next hundreds of years, never to be reclaimed by the fractured family. It was destroyed in 0 BBY when the Galactic Empire destroyed Alderaan with the Death Star. It is likely that this pushed House Syrush into near extinction, as the exact numbers of family members and their locations were unknown at that time.

Its history thus effectively ended in 0 BBY, with any progress or attempts to rebuild the former Great House unheard of for the next 700+ years. It is only in recent memory has an ancient member of House Syrush appeared from the shadows, laying claim to its titles, prestige and most importantly its name. The Countess Amelia Sorenn-Syrush has begun the effort to rebuild the House, though she has begun to gather those of her own kind.

Heading the Sorenn-Syrush Bloodline of the Sanguinius Vampirika, she plans to rebuild House Syrush as not only a defend of Alderaan and House Organa; she plans to turn it into a Coven, and welcomes other Sanguinius Vampirika Bloodlines to join House Syrush.

This is not to say that she does not welcome others that desire to join the House, as she welcomes those long lost familial relations. Members of House Syrush hidden in the shadows passing their name down generation to generation; or even those that wish to aid in rebuilding the ancient House to some previous glory and power.

Elders_zpsugtyc53e.jpg
Bloodlines:
  • Sorenn-Syrush: The current ruling Bloodline of House Syrush.

Locations:
  • House Syrush Estate - Alderaan - Formerly located in King's Pass, it had remained abandoned since the Cold War between the Republic and Sith Empire when Killiks overran the estate. It was destroyed when Alderaan was destroyed in 0 BBY. Since then it has not been rebuilt.

• Alderaan - Currently those few members of House Syrush that have gathered together have lived out of the various penthouses and upper floors of hotels. However there are whispers of a plan to claim the world of Aldraig IV and establish it as House Syrush's new Seat of Power.

House Resources:
  • TBA
Notable OOC Resources / Reading:

Notes / Afterwards:

The House Syrush is a canonical house, featured predominately in the Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO. This partially influenced the decision to choose this house; as its in game history has the house being fragmented, making it the optimal decision when it comes to future stories. Likewise, the overall story of House Syrush is focused on its rebuilding and its aspiration to be seen as the protector of the Free Worlds Coalition and the Royal House Organa of Alderaan.

The blatantly obvious; that being the primary focus of House Syrush. The reestablishing it as not only a Great House of Alderaan; but as a coven of the Sanguinius Vampirika. I feel that the Energy Vampire is an over looked species (and agree that the canonical Energy Vampire is laughable), which resulted in the Sanguinius Vampirika, a subbed sub-species of Energy Vampire based off of the Vampires of the Underworld series.

Essentially the best way to describe the House Syrush faction is...

Aristocratic Vampires in Spaaaaaaaace!

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
[member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"]

Alright bro. I'm gonna be extremely honest with you right now. I haven't collected any data or anything, but it feels like you're making a faction ad every week. No matter what your concept is, and I actually really like the cultish Force-Hunter vibe, this does not instill confidence. If I am going to create a new character, or re-direct the storyline of a character I'm already attached to for a faction I need to have confidence in that faction, it's concept, and it's leadership. Because it's really a kick in the pants to throw a character in a playground and have it flame out. Not that I'm trying to knock on any of qualities for you specifically, but the continued advertising feels desperate.

What I would recommend you do, because again I'd really like to see a faction of Force-User-Hunters emerge, is for you to get out there. Roleplay with as many people as you can. In as many public threads as you can. Attack some people, let them get out in some close fights that may or may not be scripted with the other writer. Show your concept in action, show it inspiring fear in Jedi and Sith. Do some IC recruiting. Let House Syrush or the Holy Flame or whatever get some recognition IC. Don't tell other writers what characters in the faction would be like, show them an example. Show them what the character acts like, feels like, fights like, and show how others react to it. An then? Roll out a big faction ad after a month or two of doing it.

Good luck man, and may the Force be with without you.

Jaxton Ravos said:
I haven't collected any data or anything, but it feels like you're making a faction ad every week.
I have collected the Data for you. The last Faction Ad (previous to this one) that was posted was done on April 10th, well over 2 weeks ago (And even that was an updated version to reflect its move as a Subfaction). I made the conscious decision to focus Amelia within the Free Worlds Coalition, a decision that came along with focusing more on House Syrush (an aspect of Amelia that wasn't previously focused upon). It was also decided that (after nearly 2 years of low activity) it would be better to shift the Righteous Flame into an NPC Organization and to tell its story that way (as that's all I had ever wanted to do with them, was tell a story. This way, as an NPC organization they can be used by many people to tell many stories).

If you look at the advertisement above, you'll notice that unlike many of the other write ups I've done, this is pretty bare bones. It gives just enough information to give the idea, leaving the execution of that idea and how others want to work with that idea up to their own decision. As of now there are already threads focused on House Syrush established and running.

I thank you for your advice however.

Is there any questions I may answer about House Syrush? If not, thank you for your concern, and have a good evening.

[member="Jaxton Ravos"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom