Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction House Io: Securing the Past (PM to Join for non House Members)

The Parliament listened with rapt attention to the tale Lady Venge Lady Venge told.

"I take it back. Perhaps I do know this man..." The Parliament mused "My parents were Jedi. On the run from The Cult. Never knew what drew the Cult's attention to them initially. But they were after me."

The Parliament paused.

"My mother was murdered first. Her soul devoured. Annihilated from the Force. My father died second. Both were then dismembered. This was in the Gulag Era. But they had used some sort of magic on the Hyperdrive of the ship I was on to create a slow hyperspace jump. It sent me to this era as an infant, just to keep me out of the Cult's hands. The plan failed, and frankly, I'm glad it did. My parents didn't understand. Didn't understand how the Cult wanted to evolve me. It would have evolved them too, if they had accepted. I don't hate my parents, like many Sith do. They were products of their time. Used and abused into throwing away the best years of their life for Jedi causes. Especially my Father. Who had every reason and more to rebel yet didn't. Except in one teensy way near the end."

She folded her hands behind her back, pacing a bit to collect her thoughts on the matter. "But your description of what was done to ease this Stormwolf into your fold... I am, frankly, unsurprised by his reaction to initially learning the truth. You see, headstrong types hate being lied to. I should know, I had a very poor reaction to learning the truth about my own apprenticeship. My Master had to give me some space after I found out the truth."

She glanced at Venge.

"If he has been infected by Sith Spawn poison, then right now is the last time you should be considering an elaborate scheme. He is compromised. But this is your chance to reach out to Alex. To connect as opposed to force to your side. My cult believes when the choice to embrace the Dark is purely that of the one they are trying to convert, it makes for a more faithful convert, one less likely to back slide, because you convinced them on the Dark Side's own merits rather than simply break their will to serve you."

She rubbed her chin thoughtfully, considering another aspect of Venge's conundrum.

"In fact, if you want to throw him off, you should consider actually curing him of the poison. Because he'll be expecting you to try and use the poison to corrupt him further. He won't be expecting you to cure it out of the blue. If he asks why, tell him the truth: that you want to convince him you are right, that The Dark Side is better for him, not have some chemical do the convincing for you. Now, I apologise if this seems indelicate to ask, but, what are your most personal experiences with him? You confessed to feeling something akin to contentment with him. Surely there are some very strong emotions in that statement."

Last edited:
Location: Main Chamber, Tomb of Darth Eirie, Arctic Volcano Regions - Korriban
Dialogue Legend: <<Technopathy Link>> │ “Verbal”
Objective: Valley of the Dolls - Retrieve the Holocron of Fire and Ice
Tags: Percival Io Percival Io Akemi Io Akemi Io

The leaping Nether Knight was brought down only moments after it took the air, a sudden manifestation of gravitational downforce generated by the Nuetralizer’s dovin basal heart causing the floor to crack as the construct’s synthetic form was pressed into the ground. While the Nether Knight’s Tal’Beskar frame allowed it to survive the blow, the sparks igniting across its chassis was a sign of the severe internal damage Alessandra had managed to inflict. All the while, the other construct closed the distance with preternatural velocity, its Warblade lancing out towards the Chaplain’s head. It was only a pirouetting sidestep which turned what would have been an impaling strike into a nick across the cheek, drawing silver blood in the process.

With that opening strike, the Nether Knight unleashed a flurry of strikes towards the Chaplain, forcing her into a duel. Since she wasn’t a talented sword fighter like her brother, Alessandra could only manage the defensive, plasma blades projected from her arms turning aside one strike after another in quick, yet desperate fashion.

Nevertheless, a few moments later, she screamed.

A blistering shockwave of nonharmonic sonic energy tore free from the Chaplain’s throat as the Nether Knight pressed its assault. The first blast sent the construct sprawling, much of its chassis torn asunder and vaporized. Nevertheless, the Nether Knight sought to press on. However, a sustained blast of raw electricity delivered from the ARC caster organs in the Chaplain’s arms put it down for good, setting the construct’s chassis alight as it collapsed back to the ground.

By then, the damaged construct had recovered. However, Alessandra was now in a position that she could commit her full attention to it. Her photoreceptors lit up with blazing pink light, before twinned beams of maser energy lanced out from them, unleashing a full 3-second burn that caused the damaged construct to lose its grip on its Warblade. With the defense overwhelmed, the beams ripped the construct’s torso in twain before shifting up to vaporize its head.

Venge felt her face growing warm. A Sith blushing? Seriously?

"We were lovers," she said at last. "Out of all the young women he could have chosen at the time, he chose me. That made me feel rather special."

Here she was, a middle aged Sith Lord, blushing like a teenaged schoolgirl over her first crush. "Ugh, Venge! Get a grip," she thought to herself.

The more Venge thought about it, the more she realized that The Parliament's statements were extremely worthy of consideration.

"Cure him of the Sith spawn's poison....why did that not occur to me," Venge pondered. "Heh...I really must be getting old."

The slow, devious grin crossed Venge's face once more as she continued to ponder the course of action laid out by The Parliament.

"What do you say we follow your suggestions to the letter, and corrupt Alex completely," Venge asked at last. "He'd be a valuable asset to our endeavours."

Laertia Io Laertia Io

<<Oh dear, I look awful.>>

Percival was looking more than a little worse for wear himself. The majority of his body had melted, becoming a runny, silvery mess by the time he dispatched his opponents. While Akemi utilized technological trickery to vanquish her foes, and Alessandra defeated hers by using speed to her advantage, Percival simply resorted to brute force. It had cost him a great deal of damage in the process, but it was nothing the Chaplain couldn't recover from.

Pulling Judgment from the corpse of the last Nether Knight, he turned his attention to the statue of Darth Eirie. <<I'm willing to be the holocron is hidden somewhere inside the statue,>> he informed his sisters.

With that in mind, he approached the statue and began examining its base, searching for some sort of removable panel or mechanism.

Communication "verbal" <<technopathy>>

Objective: Dungeon Delving
Tag: Alessandra Io Alessandra Io Percival Io Percival Io The Battalion The Battalion

Loadout:
Loralora interceptor swoop
Two handed repulsor assisted hammer
Gei Borugu Electro Spear
Light Saber (peony colour blade)
Q7 encrypted data-spike

Alita-1 Alita class star cruiser

Carrying

Screenshot_20230428_135322.jpg
The construct charged Akemi again and she blocked with the handle of her hammer before doing a repulsor assisted jump over her target. His sword swept at her body and cut across her thigh but she landed and span herself around to strike the side of the construct with the damaged arm, once again knocking it off its feet. She stilled for a moment and reached her hand out at it, visualising the internal workings of its power unit. The wires and bolts twisted and coiled around the artificial heart, the droid made what could only be described as a coughing noise as the little HRD used what she did not beleive was the force to rip out the monster's heart.

As things went quiet for a moment and Percival Io Percival Io approached the larger statue. Akemi opened up a small lead canister containing some radioactive dust and began dabbing it on her burned face to allow it to heal. A quite diagnostic told her she had taken minor internal damage but nothing of concern. Akemi began scanning for emissions from the statue. "I'm detecting a void beneath the left pectoral" Percival and Alessandra Io Alessandra Io would be able to see several colourful butterflies appearing in the location that she was indicating. She couldn't detect anything specific, just an absence of anything. "I think it's a hollow shielded chamber. But there is a low frequency carrier signal emanating from the statue, might be a dead man's switch, a trap?" she let out a mischevious giggle, traps were fun. "I'm going to match it while you access the statue." she tuned her emitters to match the signal and gestured for her siblings to proceed. ​

Location: Main Chamber, Tomb of Darth Eirie, Arctic Volcano Regions - Korriban
Dialogue Legend: <<Technopathy Link>> │ “Verbal”
Objective: Valley of the Dolls - Retrieve the Holocron of Fire and Ice
Tags: Percival Io Percival Io Akemi Io Akemi Io

Alessandra watched in quiet contemplation as her siblings worked the statue. All the while, the Chaplain found herself momentarily enraptured by the carved figure. From her knowledge of the Pylantians, she knew that Darth Eirie would have been very beautiful in life. If anything, the statue might have even undersold his pulchritude. Fortunately, his teachings and wisdom would live on, albeit not in the way he might have anticipated.

She could not help but to think what he might have thought of the Brain Demon Cult.

All the while, the Holocron of Fire and Ice was locked within the chamber inside the statue. Percival and Akemi need only access it.

"I'm detecting a void beneath the left pectoral."

Butterflies suddenly filled Percival's vision as Akemi shared her sensors data with the group. "Thanks."

"I think it's a hollow shielded chamber. But there is a low frequency carrier signal emanating from the statue, might be a dead man's switch, a trap?"

Percival froze, his hand hovering just shy of touching the statue's chest.

"I'm going to match it while you access the statue."

"Much obliged, Sister," he said, before using his tractor organ to tear off the panel of metal. Inside the statue's hollow chest, near where his heart would be, was a holocron. Percival reached inside to take it in his hands, carefully removing it from the hole. The crystal lattice of the pyramid-shaped device seemed to glow from within with a crimson light.

"Now to get out of here in one piece," Percival said, tucking the holocron safely away in his pack.

Communication "verbal" <<technopathy>>

Objective: Dungeon Delving
Tag: Alessandra Io Alessandra Io Percival Io Percival Io The Battalion The Battalion

Loadout:
Loralora interceptor swoop
Two handed repulsor assisted hammer
Gei Borugu Electro Spear
Light Saber (peony colour blade)
Q7 encrypted data-spike

Alita-1 Alita class star cruiser

Carrying

Screenshot_20230428_135322.jpg
Akemi continued to monitor Percival Io Percival Io and his actions while she sauntered over to Alessandra Io Alessandra Io and grinned with affection. "Your performance is impressive as usual" she looked at the damaged components on her sister, a look of concern crossed her eyes, an autonomic response that was entirely uneccesary. She gingerly reached close to the injury and began to dab some of the uranium dust on her in the same way someone might dab anaesthetic. Alessandra would heal by herself, but this would speed up to process.

Percival quickly finished and Akemi snapped her head round to him as he announced his success. "Excellent job brother, is is intact? I'm detecting minor electromagnetic emissions from it now its been taken out." she walked over and took a little peek into his hands. She was still transmitting the deadman's signal and was relieved she had taken that decision as the original signal had immediately stopped when the container was opened.

"Back the way we came then? It seems to be the most likely route to not encounter any new enemies?" she asked with a shine in her eye as the skin finished remeshing over her face and the grey repair tissue was beggining to adjust itself to match her usual skin pigment. The fixer pulled her hammer back off of the magnetic clamp on her bag and reactivated it, offering her beautiful sister the oppurtunity to take point.​

Darth Phyre journeyed deeper and deeper into the ancient tomb, flesh greedily soaking in the pain and suffering of the place, making it ripple occasionally...

Elaine was still dissecting all she had absorbed from Syd, but she maintained a firm hold on her own sense of self. Yet she occasionally found it was too easy to slide between her own thoughts and Phyre's.

The most important thing was making sure Percival Io Percival Io and the rest of the close family were not too hurt by this turn of events... particularly Percival 2.0. Phyre felt bad that she couldn't switch back to her previous face, at least for him...

Boiling anger surged in her at this. Why couldn't she? She was Darth Motherfething Phyre! Surely she could find some sort of workaround...she certainly didn't want to traumatize him just by looking at her.

She was distracted from her fury at this current failing of hers when she sensed the Cage Energy. She saw signs of the House Io excavation teams, having dropped their tools as the cage began to malfunction. She was still privately shocked there had been no deaths.

She at last spotted it, the antique prison mounted on repulsorlifts. Her flesh shuddered violently as she tried to approach it before taking a few steps back. Dangerously unstable.

She got into a meditative position and she began to chant dark spells under her breath.

For just a moment, her focus caused her to shift back from the stolen face of Syd Celsius to her original face and back again, but she didn't notice this, too focused on containing the cage energy.

The Darkness of the tomb hissed at her and Phyre embraced it, drawing it into herself, on her connection to this world.

Phyre had been born on Korriban, after all. And The Battalion had connected to it during an annihilation attempt on the planet itself.

The Darkness surged in every cell, and her flesh shuddered as the time stopping energy of the cage fluctuated.

A wave of it escaped and hit Phyre, whose body deformed violently at the exposure for a few seconds, pig like squeaks escaping her as she shifted completely back to her prior appearance.

The pale, curly haired, sharp faced witch blinked as she stumbled back in shock. The Cage malfunctioning had some how 'paused' the parts of her that were now Phyre.

The Battalion blinked in astonishment and then grinned.

Perhaps she might still be able to keep things smooth with her stepson after all...

The Battalion, the parts of Phyre suppressed, refocused her will on the device, tightening her hold over the energy.

Now that she was somewhat fully herself again, it gave her more chance to reflect on just how much willpower it would take to retain her sense of self. She had absorbed great power from Syd, but not all of it. It was probably for the best. Amy had gotten a full dose. One hundred percent download. No wonder she had been reduced to a False Persona.

The scholar and philosopher in her began to wonder if that was the true secret to avoiding total assimilation.

The cage began to meld itself back together with the Dark Side of the Force.

As she focused her will on the cage, it suddenly occured to her:

Wait a minute...if this is a cage, who was the occupant?

The Battalion looked around for signs of an ambush. She cursed her lapse in foresight...what if the occupant was still here?

The Cage was almost repaired when a figure wreathed in pure shadow leapt from the supports above, and the Battalion barely evade the saber swipe for her skull. Her red blade was out instantly fending off a sword of swirling shadow.

"Three duels in one day?" The Battalion mused. "What a treat..."

The shadow swiped at her again, and their blades locked...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom