Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hostile takeover

​Isabella's hands began to shake. For the first time in what seemed like years, instability had struck her again, watching as the citizens of the Imperium held a successful coup against the rightful government, arresting the very guards that had once protected her own life. For the first time since she had taken the position of a Noble within the Empire, she felt alone; Jaster was gone, his Majesty was being held against his will, and what remained of the Noblius was likely to be executed within a few days. For the second time in her life, she needed an escape. Now.

Her eyes glanced at a datapad sitting on her desk within the private office she was currently granted, though who knows how long that would last. Her head raced with thoughts... where could she turn? The Sith would likely have the remnants of her family killed if they reached their borders... Commenor? It had just fallen too. Her face began to exert a strange, foreign desire to do.. something. Slamming her fist on the desk, she began drafting an e-mail as quickly as she could to any and all contacts she had, though one had stuck out to her the most.

-------------------------------------------------------

-ROZALYNE-

I am in dire need of assistance.

The military are threatening to overthrow the government and are imprisoning any who oppose the new autocrat. I need something, anything that you can offer me. I'll be on a shuttle to the Silver Order's space within a few minutes along with any of the remaining supporters I can muster together.

I request this not as a political figure, but as an acquaintance who knows you'll do the right thing.

-ISABELLA LAFLEUR-

-------------------------------------------------------

She didn't know if that was even the right address, if Rozalyne would see it or how many people even wanted to see Harris removed from the throne. The worst of her worries was not the frivolousness of borders, but instead getting on a shuttle while she was still authorized to. Snatching the datapad, she made haste for the Administration zone's airstrip.

[member="Rozalyne Kurganova"]

Rozalyne Kurganova

R
Rarely without her datapad, Rozalyne was quick to pick up on the message sent by Ambassador La Fleur. She frowned to herself as she read through the contents of the letter, finding herself dealing with a new crisis in the Unknown Regions.

It seemed as though things in the Fel Empire had taken a turn for the worse. What had started out as a benign empire under Torran was devolving into a brutal dictatorship under a new rule, if La Fleur was to be believed. This troubled her especially, as the Silver Order had hoped to make use of the Fel Empire as a stabilizing presence in the Unknown Region, a counterweight to more despotic regimes.

The Ambassador's arrival at Silver Space was imminent, so she quickly rattled off a message to direct her to Silver Space:

Lady La Fleur,

The Silver Order is always there to help those in need. I'm available right now, so please come and meet with me on Randon, at the same tower where we first drafted the treaty between the FE and SJO. While we try to figure things out, you and your people will have asylum within the SJO.

I'll see you soon, be safe.

With Respect,
Rozalyne Kurganova

[member="Isabella LaFleur"]

~30 minutes later~

The datapad dinged just as she approached the lush, vivid scarlet coloured freighter, which was essentially you're standard run of the mill freighter repainted and rebranded for hauling around large groups of diplomats at a time, though usually on better terms. Flickering her eyes down as she passed the threshold of the ship's doors a grin returned to the once confident Noble; passing this on to the rest of those present on the ship. Mainly, they consisted of a few Noblius disgruntled with the lessening of the legislative branches' power, along with their family and friends that could be used as hostages.

Strutting to the front of the ship, she received a mundane statement from the pilot of the vessel.

"Where to ma'am?"

"Randon."

~An unspecified amount of time later~

The skyline of Randon came into view for the second time of Isabella's life. Large skyscrapers made it almost difficult for the captain to maneuver around, though her expertise enabled what a few risky turns looked as easy as pie to pull off. None aboard had managed to rest on the long journey, constantly agitated, pressured and otherwise scared. Not for the known future, as they knew their positions with the Fel Empire were terminated simply for leaving the sanctity of the Imperium, but for the unknown future. Most had never left the borders of the Empire, terrified of the external world's customs.

But for now, it looked... awfully similar.

As the freighter approached the landing platform of the main government facility on planet, Isabella unfolded her arms and made way for the gateway to a new life. Pistons whirred as the doors unsealed; sun shining on the Noble's glistening face.

Rozalyne Kurganova

R
Last time LaFleur had arrived on Randon, Rozalyne had an aide meet with her as part of the protocol for a working visit, but this time around, she would greet the woman personally as a show of sympathy. As per usual, the princess was dressed regally in a conservative blue business dress.

"Lady LaFleur," Rozalyne greeted. On first impulse, she wanted to call her Ambassador, but from the sounds of it, she was in run from the government, so that title didn't seem all that appropriate now. "Thank you for coming to me. Now please follow. You can also have anyone with you come in as well."

She motioned for LaFleur to come beside her before turning to return inside the tower. Right past the doors, there were several aides and medical personnel from the SSC gathered, all holding some basic foodstuffs and supplies. Basic items to immediately handout to the Fel refugees.

"I have the SSC around to help out with your friends," she informed LaFleur. "However, before I let go, I'd like to chat with you a bit 1 on 1 about the events you mentioned in your email. Is that alright?"

[member="Isabella LaFleur"]

"Oh Rozalyne -..." glancing forwards to her companion "-... a sight for sore eyes!" exclaiming out before turning her head slightly, signalling the rest of her inner circle to begin taking precarious steps forward. Most looked rugged and tired, though unusually Isabella looked invigored and at home in the chaos of this situation. Striding closer she ignored the offers of help from the SSC and instead immediately confided in the diplomat. Fighting sleep deprivation, a desire to use the bathroom and severe dehydration in an attempt to portray herself as strong, she listened in closely to her words.

"Definitely." grinning to the woman. "Though I will admit I'm not 100% sure on the events themselves, though since my departure some inside sources have confirmed the government has essentially lost all of its authority following the switch of power from the Monarch to the current Lord Admir-.." pausing, she glanced around the scene, seeing the comotion. "Sorry I've been told I don't exactly have a 'quiet' voice, shall we continue this inside?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom