Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Hostile Designation

Slain Dare

S
Slain knew that the Nikto were incapable of fighting back, were no longer a threat to the Empire, to his unit or to himself, but he had his orders. Standing around the group of horned aliens, he stood, rifle at the ready, looking across as the enemy combatants laid down their arms and held their arms open, hoping to stave off the fate that their fellows had met. This was his first posting, he and his squad were all newly inducted into the war-machine of The Sith Empire, and the Kintan invasion was the perfect trial. Looking through his visor, he felt no hatred, no anger, just a cold dispassion, awaiting to whether the designation of the Nikto was to be confirmed as non-combatants or to remain as enemy fighters. One meant they may have a chance to be spared, the other confirmed that they were to be put to death.

“Sir, they have laid down their arms and are requesting amnesty.”

Just behind him, their commander was on the comm, confirming with command as to their orders, leaving Slain and the others to keep an eye over the Nikto prisoners. They had come across the Nikto unexpectedly, their primary targets the Jedi that currently held the planet within their grasp but within moments the troopers had dropped the majority of the foe with precise blaster fire and they had surrender within moments. All Jedi were to be considered hostile, but regarding the Nikto their current designation was still undetermined.

“You have your orders commander, all encountered are to be considered hostile.”

++++​

“Trooper, Do you have your transfer papers?”

Standing at attention, Slain realised he had drifted off and stared back down at the officer, another Chiss wearing the dark uniform of the Sith Empire, her red eyes contrasting brightly with the muted colour of the fabric. Nodding silently, he placed the transfer request over, the usual boilerplate information seeming to fade away in comparison to the bold signature at the bottom, that of Lord Colone Wirm’nael’armiir. The fact that his transfer had been requested from such a high rank all but confirmed Slain’s suspicion that he was to be made an example of for what had happened to his unit upon Kintan, but he would not be found to shy away from the repercussions. To have fled or slunk away from any punishment would have only proved that his actions had been motivated by avarice, greed or some other personal issue.

It was not. He did not have personal feelings regarding the others, he barely had any feelings regarding anything, his training had seen to that. When he was tired, he slept, when he was hungry, he ate and when he was ordered to complete a task, it was completed to the letter, often in as efficient and violent method as possible.

“Please take a seat, it will be a few minutes.”

++++​

“Listen boys, command has deemed them to be considered hostile.”

His commander was using their private comm network, no noise coming from outside his helmet, lest the Nikto hear and do something rash. By the tone he was using, it was clear to Slain that he didn’t agree with the assessment. The older trooper strode over to the rest of the squad, his own rifle held loosely, aimed away from any of the scared aliens, still on their knees beneath the vigil of Slain and the others. Where the others were fidgeting, shuffling and glancing around, unsure of what to do next, Slain remained perfectly still, his finger still gripping his trigger a fraction of an inch away from firing. His commander placed a gloved hand onto the weapon, forcing it down from the aliens as he turned to the others, the other troopers mirroring the movement, their own weapons held at ease.

“But, I came down here to kill Jedi, not defenceless aliens. I say that we let them go on with their business, and just call it a day. No need to be putting bodies in the ground that don’t call for it. Understood?!”

“Agreed.”

‘Agreed.”

“Yes Sir.”

“Agreed Sir.”

“…….”

As the acknowledgement’s came through from the rest of the squad, Slain tightened his grip on his rifle, his featureless visor staring at the others, none of the betrayal that he felt readable upon its unchanging expression, wanting nothing more than to join his unit, his brothers in agreeing, but unable. The orders had been to treat the Nikto as hostile and The Sith Empire did not leave hostiles to roam free.

“I SAID, DO YOU UNDERSTAND TROOPER?!”

++++​

“Trooper?”

Looking back up, Slain found himself staring into the eyes of two troopers, both out of armour but their uniforms crisp and clean.

“I said, Do you understand where you are?”

Looking around, the Chiss behind the desk was staring curiously as well, her interest obviously piqued from the level of authority that had requested Slain’s transfer.

Staring at the pair, Slain slowly shook his head.

“No Sir.”

The pair looked to each other, looks of mutual frustration across their faces, one actually sighing before turning back to the seated trooper.

“You are aboard the Epitaph, flagship of General Irveric Tavlar Irveric Tavlar . Do you understand what that means, trooper?”

++++​

“I understand.”

“Good.”

As his commander, the man who had led him through his training and into the fiery battle of Kintan and ensured his survival, turned away, content with the troopers answer, Slain raised his rifle, his shoulders shifting smoothly for the butte to nestle within his arms. It was not different than every shot he had fired previously, no other feeling was attached to it. When I think back on that moment, I feel like it should have felt different. Shame, guilt even some perverse sense of satisfaction? All I felt was the recoil, no different than any shot before or after.

With practiced ease, it was simplicity itself for Slain to fire a round into each of his squad, his officer in the back between the shoulder blades, the others in the temple, through the ribs under their arm, one even took a shot in the shoulder, responding faster than the others to the friendly fire, trying to roll into cover before another shot straight into his visor brought an end to the movement. Looking quickly to confirm the kills of each, Slain then spun around, bringing his weapon up to bear upon the Nikto, unmoving in their shock.

“Confirmed, hostile designation.”

++++​

Staring at his own reflection, Slain wondered if he should have been feeling something even now. He had followed the two officers down a series of hallways, security passes and docks, until they had arrived at the room. The walls were a featureless grey, one wall entirely encompassed with a mirror, more security officers no doubt watching him from the other side. I will not resist, I will comply. The instant they disobeyed orders was the instant they became hostile. The Sith Empire does not leave hostiles to roam free. He kept repeating the mantra internally, not even flinching when the pair of hostiles placed the cuffs upon his hands, nor when they left the room, the door shutting silently. Staring into his own reflection, all Slain could do was wait.

tavlartry3.png

Theme

The room was empty and barren. Slain occupied in solitude. For what felt like a few agonizing minutes the low idle hum that occupied every room of the Epitaph grew overpowering in the deafening silence. What was a noise that barely registered anywhere else might entice anyone to lose their sanity should they remain within it with nothing to occupy themselves with but their thoughts ; reflection.

With a metallic hiss the blast-doors slid open behind Slain. Pacing infront of the man the frigid figure came into view as he sat himself opposite of the Sith-Trooper at the small metallic table, clutching a datapad in his hand. 'Wirm' was the best way to trim the fat off of his Cheunh name. A towering figure which ever gave off an aura of dread to any of his subordinates ; even if he might not've deserved it those crimson orbs embedded within his gauntish blue face were ever an ill omen to friend and foe. The look of a methodical killer.

"Slain Dare..." Were the first words that ever concisely left the Chiss' lips as he mulled his crimson gaze over the datapad.

"Five hundred and second armored infantry battalion ; Twelfth Armored Assault army...planetside designation 'Kintan' hour fourteen thirty...Report: Sith-Imperial armed forces ordered to describe all non-combantants within New Kalandra as 'hostile designation'." Wirm reads coldly from the dataslate, speaking with frigid stoicness and stark placidity as he sounds out each word ; as if regarding what he read with negligible interest.

"Hour fourteen fourty five ; section five-three encounters native civilians ; non-commissioned officer vocalizes restraint all but designation ST-0764 comply ; ST-0764 murders his section in friendly fire." Wirm says, trailing off the last few words as he shifts his gaze to meet the man before him.

"You were given orders...your sergeant disobeyed and you delivered reprimand via blaster bolts to the back of the heads of your own section..." Wirm sounded out ; it didn't seem all too good.

"I had already spoken to General Tavlar regarding you ; he has scant patience regarding soldiers who strike down their comrades. He even consoled restraint to his superior over the hostile designation order prior to our deployment to Kintan. The twelfth Armored Assault army was the prime instrument of the Sith-Empire at New Kalandra...he could've broken rank but...he followed his orders same as you." Wirm said, eventually leaning forward to press a button which unclasped the durasteel shackles from Slain's wrists.

"The General and I have agreed between us to create a unit under his command that serves its role in special operations. A commando unit manned by individuals of the right make. I care little for the regimen and training now ; what I want are the right minds for what I require. You show an ability to follow your orders and stick to the mission at any cost. Thus under these conditions your charges have been nullified by direct order from General Tavlar. You may give him your thanks in that our time isn't wasted on you. The nature of this unit may very well require it to be into nigh suicide level assignments. Regardless ; you will either accept this new assignment or understand the significant sensory envelopment that you will be exposed to in the vacuum of space." The Chiss stated ; all calmly and flatly. Not a single world flinched from his frigid stoicness.

Slain Dare

uuquvxa.png

Last edited:

Slain Dare

S
It was nearly impossible to tell the time that Slain had been sitting within the cell. There were no clocks shown which was to be expected and he had given up tapping his foot to keep time right on 2700 seconds, so there obviously no rush regarding what was to occur.

If they were going to execute me, there wouldn’t have been any transfer request and the fact they want me to sit here, sweating, indicates they need me in a compliant state, which means there is going to be.

Another indefinite amount of time passed and eventually the silence was broken by the door slowly opening, a Chiss striding in, datapad in hand. By his body language, he was an officer and high-ranking one at that, his eyes flicking over the restrained soldier once before sliding back to the datapad, the cold behind that gaze enough to make even a hardened soldier like Slain even start to pay attention. You don’t get a look like that without seeing serious combat.

As the officer recited the official report of what had occurred upon Kintan, Slain merely sat, staring into his own reflection as the Chiss slowly paced around him, whether he was reading the report for Slain to hear or to any of the unidentified parties beyond the mirror, the trooper was uncertain.

"You were given orders...your sergeant disobeyed and you delivered reprimand via blaster bolts to the back of the heads of your own section..."

“Sir.” He confirmed, aware that such an admission was easily interpreted as admission to treason.

"I had already spoken to General Tavlar regarding you ; he has scant patience regarding soldiers who strike down their comrades. He even consoled restraint to his superior over the hostile designation order prior to our deployment to Kintan. The twelfth Armored Assault army was the prime instrument of the Sith-Empire at New Kalandra...he could've broken rank but...he followed his orders same as you."

The clasps around his wrists slipped open, allowing movement to return again to the trooper. Lifting his hands, all Slain did was rub his wrists, massaging the muscles to ensure that a steady blood flow returned, the slightly numbing sensation already fading. His face neutral, Slain merely stared at the officer, unsure as to where the conversation was leading to.

"The General and I have agreed between us to create a unit under his command that serves its role in special operations. A commando unit manned by individuals of the right make. I care little for the regimen and training now ; what I want are the right minds for what I require. You show an ability to follow your orders and stick to the mission at any cost. Thus under these conditions your charges have been nullified by direct order from General Tavlar. You may give him your thanks in that our time isn't wasted on you. The nature of this unit may very well require it to be into nigh suicide level assignments. Regardless ; you will either accept this new assignment or understand the significant sensory envelopment that you will be exposed to in the vacuum of space."

There it is.

The threat was stated plainly, with no hint of scorn or malice attached, merely a statement of fact in the situation. Brow furrowed, Slain took a moment to repeat the offer in his head, ensuring that he had all the information correctly before responding.

“Understood sir. Whom will I be directly reporting to?”

While his own expression matched the Chiss for its stoicism, within he was ecstatic at the opportunity to return to duty. He had given up a great deal to have been accepted into the ranks of the Sith military, family, friendship, even a great deal of the emotions that separated a sentient from a droid, and to have had that all cut short when it had only begun would have been a torture far more excruciating than anything the Sith's torturers would have come up with.

Irveric Tavlar Irveric Tavlar

That final inquiry by the trooper hung in the air in dead silence for a few moments after it was spoken. With a gaze both cold and crimson the alien peered to him. Ever content in the stillness of the air. Eventually breaking the silence with a clean snap of his words, Wirm spoke with a characteristic stoicness.

"You will be reporting directly to me for the time being. There is but a single unit of this nature within the Sith-Imperial armed forces and it will be that way until this" The Chiss stated flatly. Shifting his gaze down to the holopad. With a few flicks of his finger against the screen ; Slain's record was cleared. Nullifying anything prior to the incident on Kintan before he clicked the datapad off, setting it aside on the table.

"So do speak freely, trooper. What incited your behavior on Kintan. Most every Legionnaire would've followed the judgement of their NCO and let the civilians be despite a hostile designation yet...you thought the elimination of the Nikto more paramount than the lives of your comrades. By any line of thinking be it the most fanatical or pragmatic...no one else would've made the same decision." The Chiss remarked flatly ; speaking in blunt candidness to his now recently freed subordinate before him.

Slain Dare

Slain Dare

S
"You will be reporting directly to me for the time being. There is but a single unit of this nature within the Sith-Imperial armed forces and it will be that way until this"

With the confirmation that he was before his commanding officer, Slain stood slowly from the table, his legs still slightly numb from the waiting. Shifting his shoulders, he stood to attention, his mind whirring with the implications. There had always been rumors of clandestine units with the Empire, of shadowy operatives that operated within special conditions, responding to no friendly hail, accomplishing objectives that appeared in no after-action report and then disappeared again.

"So do speak freely, trooper. What incited your behavior on Kintan. Most every Legionnaire would've followed the judgement of their NCO and let the civilians be despite a hostile designation yet...you thought the elimination of the Nikto more paramount than the lives of your comrades. By any line of thinking be it the most fanatical or pragmatic...no one else would've made the same decision."

Looking back at his own reflection, the trooper pondered on the question, taking his time to answer.

“I follow my officers sir, whatever order they issue. Any goal I am assigned by an officer of The Sith Empire will be completed and any obstacle that comes between me and that goal will be removed. When the order to treat the Nikto as hostile came through, that was the end of it.

They were to be considered hostile until an equal or higher level of command indicated otherwise, and as a trooper of the Empire, it is my purpose and duty to engage and defeat all hostiles in combat.

Any who aid or assist hostiles to the Empire are by association, hostiles themselves. When my unit refused our orders and instead, dedicated their efforts to ensure that hostiles to The Sith Empire remained active, my duty remained the same. Engage and defeat all hostiles in combat.

I do not believe it was any fanaticism involved, merely a completion of the orders as they had been given to me.”

Even as he voiced his opinions, Slain felt a strange sense of emotion begin to grow within his chest or rather, a strange lack of emotion. It was the emotional feeling one gets when you should be feeling something, but do not, feeling bad for not feeling bad. He had just stated that he had killed the rest of his squad, his brothers in arms, as easily as he had the Nikto. Easier in fact, as the execution of the Nikto had been a direct command, the execution of his fellow troopers was of his own interpretation.

“What will the primary directive be for your unit sir?”

Wirm listened intently ; clearly mulling his thoughts over each word Slain spoke, eventually leaning back in his seat and crossing his arms over his chest. His logic was...sound ; sound enough. Even if it might've had some twisted sense to it. Regardless, he would work well enough. He might not've been the ideal template but he certainly could be molded to one.

"A lapse in protocol of nebulous intent. Regardless, the question was never loyalty...perhaps that his why you spared for what you did. Even so, the General and I will see the fruits of your liberation soon enough." Wirm tactfully replies, uplifting the trooper if only for the briefest of moments. A faint reprieve ; for what awaited him.

"The primary directive is the methodical and surgical slaying of force-imbued combatants. Jedi ; be they light, grey or dark...and the Sith." Wirm stated out right, showing not a single lapse in his cadence as he spoke to the man with an even crimson gaze and stoic words.

"Perplexing...I can imagine but no doubt justifiable. The Jedi are the existential opponent to the Sith Empire however the very nature of Sith is something that more often than not leads to the crumbling of its many Empires. Thus ; we shall attack the Jedi and prevent the Sith from every threatening the stability of their own Empire." Wirm iterates, speaking clearly though in all truthfulness it was Tavlar who was the braintrust for the meaning behind the unit's creation. Wirm was merely the instrument from which it would be enacted and he knew his part well. The Chiss held any politics in little regard, he wanted results.

"Regardless, the prime directive is of little concern ; for now. What demands priority is your training...and your nullification." The Chiss said, sounding out the last term drenched in several shades of ambiguity to what it truly meant.

Slain Dare

Slain Dare

S
A lapse in protocol?

Nodding in agreeance, Slain tried to get a proper read on the officer before him. While the Chiss carried himself as a professional soldier, his easy steps and movements giving Slain all the knowledge he needed to inform him that the blue-skinned individual before him was a consummate close-quarters fighter, Wirm also spoke in an almost disinterested tone.

Whether what he was saying was merely a message, delivered by another elsewhere and merely spoken by the Chiss or whether he was truly passionate about what he was stating and this was all a ruse to throw Slain off guard, he couldn’t be certain.

"The primary directive is the methodical and surgical slaying of force-imbued combatants. Jedi ; be they light, grey or dark...and the Sith."

And that mention, Slain looked away from his reflection, the chosen staring point he had within the cell when not directly addressing the officer, and stared.

We are to prepare Sith elimination contingencies? Excellent.

While the whole brother in arms relationship was one that Slain was familiar with, he also held true to the age old idea of ‘Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.’ If those you associated with regularly were force-using individuals with a flair for combat and an obsession with fear, tyranny, destruction and eradication, having a plan B for their demise wasn’t only something to be considered, it was common sense.

"Regardless, the prime directive is of little concern ; for now. What demands priority is your training...and your nullification."

“Nullification, sir?”

If there were to be any identity removals or anything of that ilk, that only confirmed to Slain what style of unit he was joining, a clandestine one that would no doubt perform Black ops that were likely to be unattributed.

Creating a unit that will strike fear in even the Sith? Where do I sign?

"Force Nullification. If you or anyone else of this unit designation are to be remotely dangerous to a Jedi ; the force, the fabric of the universe around us...it must not course through you. " Wirm stated with cold affirmation. With what little force sensitivity he posessed, Slain might be able to glean the void within his senses were the Chiss sat. Around him he could reach out and touch everything else but Wirm was but a shadow in the force.

Anull ; lost in the sea of the universe to most any other entity. Wirm could not be sensed by the force nor could any part of him be manipulated by it. In this, he was blissfully free from its tyranny. Whilst every other entity caught between Jedi and Sith were ample to fall victim to the whims of far more powerful entities, The Chiss, Irveric and a select few others were all but immune. The area around them ? No doubt it could be manipulated but never could they themselves be ragdolled so easily by Sith or Jedi.

"Whilst the procedure is brief - it is no simple process. Regardless, no fighting man or woman amongst this unit shall be inducted without undergoing force nullification. Otherwise - you will limp where your comrades will run in our directive." The Chiss stressed once more.

Slain Dare

Slain Dare

S
Force Nullification. I wasn’t aware that was even possible. That means there is a possibility, however unrealistic, that a future exists where there are no Force Sensitive beings in existence. No wonder this unit is operating clandestine.

“Understood sir. Are there any specific preparations necessary for the procedure?”

With the ability for the team to be immune to force manipulation, their targets would be at such a severe disadvantage that the executions should be simple. With only their own abilities to protect themselves, unable to perform any aggressive manoeuvres,, it was such a unique situation that Slain could barely comprehend what it would look like.

They always talk about how the Force only ‘augments’ what is already there, enhances skills they claim they all have. How many have I come across that claim that it wasn’t the force that allowed them to predict a movement, they’re ‘just that good’ or ‘my reflexes were already that fast’. Now we get to put that to the test.

A thousand credits say they were lying.

"Your file...listed you as a force sensitive. However, the Sith did not see you fit for their creed." Wirm seems to mull over the thought for a few moments, nodding once to himself before speaking up once more ; mirroring the very same frigid cadence as before.

"This process...is not forgiving to those who are attuned to the force, however given you possess merely a sliver of its innate power in you - it may not matter ultimately..." Wirm admits. He'd never been witness to any procedure save for his own but he'd read lab reports outlying sequences of events within the first batch of test subjects. Those who were not sensitive to the force typically emerged with their connection wholly nullified and everything else intact. However ; the higher the innate force power ; the higher the risk of malfeasance within the procedure. The risk for Slain seemed...negligible ; the risk would have to be accepted regardless. No Purge Commando would exist without being force nullified else it might compromise the entirety of the unit as a whole.

From here there would be no excuses or blessings for raw talent and ability. Only what was honed organically through fierce conditioning and hard work could be shown. These commandos would be yet another check to prove that the Jedi and even Sith were shambling troglodytes ; powerless without their force abilities.

"As far as preparation...no. Only that you be at ease of mind. Seperate the body from mind and let your organic shell bare the punishment of the procedure." Wirm iterated, speaking in dark and vague terms.

Slain Dare

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom