Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Horse Trading (Aedan)

[member="Aedan Miles"] was, to Velok, a known quantity. He and the Pirate King shared equity in a sleepy Outer Rim shipyard, an arrangement that benefited them in different ways. Miles got to duck galactic regulatory agencies; Velok got a handy yard to refit old human ships for Whiphid use.

That yard was the location for this meeting. Even before knowing the results of their competitive bids at the SSB 'mystery auction,' they'd agreed to meet and trade as necessary. Velok's bids had done very well, but he was nothing if not a Whiphid of his word. Now a metric fethton of very large ships studded the sky.

"So," he said over the conference table. "I'm keeping the Keldabe Three for certain. The rest is negotiable. Got your eye on anything?"

Aedan chuckles as he sipped from his booze looking across the table at his business partner nodding his head. "Yes those 3 Solo class for sure are something I would like. If you want you can have what I won I already have a few of those laying about. That Maladi is interesting but I can easily pass that over. I am sure I can convince Mand'alor to donate one or two more Keldabe Three's if that interests you." Aedan was not beyond cheating most people but [member="Velok the Younger"] had earned his respect and that meant he would offer fair deals for anything he wanted. He looked at the bottle in his hand before he turned and snapped his fingers one of the Dark Jedi who accompanied him moving forward to set a cooler on the table opening it to reveal a unopened bottle of aged Correllian Whiskey. Pulling it out he opened it setting two glasses down and pouring both before sliding one towards the Whipid. "Before you ask yes this is from the Original Correlia before someone destroyed it. I figured this was a good time to break out my most expensive bottle of whiskey."

[member="Aedan Miles"]

Velok inhaled the tiny human-sized portion. "Delicious, as human drinks go. Thank you."

Daintily, he set the tumbler aside.

"The Solos are too large for my people to support. I'd considered grounding then and turning them into cities, but I suppose that's a waste of command ships. I doubt the Mandalorians have Type Three Keldabes sitting around - they were rare even before the cataclysm. But yes, I'd happily trade the Solos for a good quantity of solid heavy cruisers. Remind me what you won again?"

Aedan chuckles seeing Velok inhale his portion before sliding the whole bottle over to him and leaning back. "I won a Pathfinder-class Long Term Exploration ship." He gestured off to the side where the ship sat as he started from memory listing off some specs for it. "361 meters long armaments more focused towards defense with two connor nets and two heavy ion cannons as well as two heavy turbolasers. TO counterbalance the lower armaments it has high grade sensors due to its status as an exploration vessel. As to heavy cruisers I can tell you that I have 3 Impregnables I can part with and 6 Starhammers."

He looked out towards the viewport thinking quickly before he grins and turns to Velok. "I also have a Type 3 Keldabe that I would be willing to part with."

[member="Velok the Younger"]

[member="Aedan Miles"]

Velok tapped at his datapad for a couple of minutes using one dainty clawtip.

"Now that's an interesting offer," he said. "I'd love to convert the Impregnables into surface fortifications. The Starhammers are...confusing to me, but my people could certainly put them to better use than the three Solo command ships. And of course, that Keldabe Three is ideal." He sucked his tusks. "One Solo for the Impregnables and the Keldabe Three, for starters. Comparable tonnage, comparable firepower. What do you say?"

Aedan rubbed his chin thinking before he nodded entering a command into his datapad sending orders for the crews to gather the impregnables and the Keldabe Three than to bring them here. "I find that agreeable. The Starhammers were just some of the Heavy Cruiers I have they are very odd when compared to others." He tapped on his datapad more pulling up the various fleets he commaned before highlighting a series of ship types and sending their statics to a holographic display in the table. "I also have significant numbers of the following available. 3 spare Xo'xaan-class. They are classed as star destroyers but their size is comparable to Heavy Cruisers. I also have 4 spare Unicorn-class heavy cruiers. Odd name but good ships in general. I still have a handful of Deliverance-class cruisers that I stole from the republic I can part with easily." He leaned back as he filled away the information on the Solo-class already deciding where he would send that one for future use.

[member="Aedan Miles"]

Velok scratched his intensely hairy chin and looked up from the ships' specifications. Of the three ship models Aedan put forward, one had seen literally decades of solid service and a full line-wide refit. Durable enough to tangle with much larger ships, the XoXaan was the obvious frontrunner.

"A second Solo for the three XoXaans -- again, comparable tonnage. Would that strike you as a fair bargain? I'd be willing to throw in the yacht as well."

Aedan rubbed his chin than nodded at the addition of the yacht. "Yes that is agreeable to me. What about a Tulak Hord-class for that last Solo-class turn that into a planet bound city." He looked over at Velok the Younger his head tilted as he sipped at his glass some more. As he waited for Velok to answer he sent the order for the three spare Xo'xaans to come as well they would than transfer over to the 2nd solo-class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom