Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Ho'ola

Status
Not open for further replies.
71PICT1498-470x352.jpg

Image Credit : Found here

Name: Ho'ola

Designation: Non-sentient

Homeworld: Raevana

Language: None

Average height of adults: 0.914 Meters

Skin color: Green with yellowish 'heads'

Hair color: N/A

Breathes: Type I

Strengths:

Prolific : In the right conditions Ho'ola can spread like a weed through its series of tuberous roots and their nodes. This is uncommon however and is often found in dense, untouched areas of jungle.

Healing : Ho'ola plant contains medicinal properties. The yellowish 'heads' of the plant contain a sticky substance that have pain-killing properties. Refined, the substance can be highly addictive if not administered properly.

Weaknesses:

Its a Plant : Defenseless and can fall victim to the whim of any passerby. Cannot move out of the way, talk, or protect itself in any way shape or form.

Delicate : Requires a minimum temperature of 26*C and extremely high humidity levels to survive. Anything less will cause the plant to wilt and die.

Growth : Slow to grow and recover from any type of damage.

Distinctions: Unique yellowish heads filled with a sticky substance that can be converted to medicine once refined and made shelf-stable. The plant is stalk-like with the large heads forming at the top of the plant. It is nearly devoid of leaves on the stalks, rather the main foliage can be found closer to the ground level in a rather small clump.

Average Lifespan: Perennial, lifespan up to three years

Races: None Currently Known

Estimated Population: Currently found on Raevana only. Quite possible the plant could be on other jungle planets in and around Levantine Sanctum and Corporate Sector space.

Diet: UV Sunlight [converts light into glucose using its chlorophyll] , Minerals [nitrogen,iron, potassium, calcium via the root system]

Communication: None

Culture: None

Technology level: None

General behavior: The Ho'ola plant is one that resides in the understory, preferring to live in the dappled shade of the trees above. Due to its sometimes hostile location, the plant has an extensive tuberous root system.Nodes will work themselves into the surrounding soil, spreading slowly if conditions remain prime. For the most part the Ho'ola sits and grows. It has no real attack or defense mechanisms. If a animal finds the plant tasty, it gets munched on, with any luck part of the root system remains to regenerate the plant. Slow growing, this process can take upward of a year.

Medical : Dosage for refined Ho'ola is 5mg for every 70kg of body weight. Patients should not receive no more than 10mg per 24 hours or face serious side effects and possibly death. Refined Ho'ola serum in a long-term use situation can damage the central nervous system, which would result in seizures, paralysis, and permanent slurred speech. Short span side effects in a hospital setting revolve around respiratory depression and fluid retention. Taking more than the 10mg per 24 hours will result in death, especially if addicts mainline the drug into their circulatory system. Refined Ho'ola serum should by delivered via hypospray only as all other dosage methods are not approved. Mid-to-long term use of the drug results in a addiction rate of twenty percent. Those who become addicted have a near one hundred percent rate of death due to complications.

History:There is little written history on the Ho'ola. A Rebel Alliance base file mentions the plant but the file is quite incomplete. After two weeks the Alliance had fled Raevana, not taking samples with them off world. It wasn't until Judah Dashiell launched a team to Raevana to collect samples of plants on the world was the nature of it truly discovered.

Notable Player-Characters: None

Intent: The plan for the Ho'ola plant is to provide a source of roleplay for not only Judah but the Sanctum as well. With its healing properties, Judah sees the potential to create a new medicine for the galactic market. Also, it gives an interesting feature to Raevana and continues to flesh out this new and interesting planet.

[member="Judah Dashiell"]

Hey, mate. Fancy seeing you here! At first I was like... a plant? Wut? And thusly, I was confused. But confused no more, am I!

Could you expand on any other effects on the body, besides addiction? Any particular effects from too high a dose? Can one overdose? Can death be achieved? How much and how long for addiction to set in on, say, your average human, for a basis? Things like that. Usually an addictive, pain-killing substance will have other physical effects. Consider effects on the brain, on the internal organs. e.g. Acetaminophen (Tylenol) can be toxic to the liver, if taken regularly (daily) for long enough.

Think it over, give me some effects, and then I think we'll be golden here. Even better if you give me some numbers... if you would be so kind. :)

[member="Judah Dashiell"]

Looks good! The only thing I need now, and this is just a small thing - but could you specify how people get addicted? Is it over say... mid to long-term use of the approved dose, on average? I just need mention of how addiction sets in then it should be good to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom