Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Honor

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: A unique blade system to be used by Ultimatum's personal guard
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: LOOM
  • Model: N/A
  • Affiliation: Ultimatum Closed-Market
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Limited
  • Material: Durasteel, Emitter components
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Truncheon
  • Size:
  • Length: OHB: 0.5 m OHH: 10
  • Weight: OH: 1.5 kg
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Unique physical light surfaces
  • Electrical effect
Strengths:
  • Surface of light is near impossible to penetrate
  • Electricity runs through light area for electrical damage
Weaknesses:
  • Unit needs battery replacement every five minutes (or less)
  • Electricity requires a button to activate the effect
  • Ionic weapons can disable unit
  • Blunt is ineffective on armor
  • Very visible when activated, in almost any situation
DESCRIPTION
The Honor are a specially designed blade system based on a combination of truncheon and holoprojection tech. The century old technology of light being turned into physical form that can be interacted with, such as bridges, Ultimatum took to turn into a weapon. While the droid does not truly believe in melee combat in the modern era, Ultimatum decided to create something that could work as a defensive weapon.

The use of a scaled down version of a physical holoprojector allows the hilt device to create a half-meter long cylinder of translucent blue light. The light is incredibly unlikely to be penetrated by most conventional weapon, excluding ionic based weapons. The unit is unfortunately unable to contain a long lasting battery and since it does not rely on the plasma like emissions, such as those from lightsabers, the device cannot reabsorb energy in order to recharge itself. Therefore its battery life is very short and requires that the user keep extra batteries in case of prolonged conflict. The unit battery life is further decreased with the activation of its electrical effect. While short bursts, such as those found in tapping, do not increase power draw, the long term stress of dealing with multiple persons through something decreases it by up to three-quarters.

Unlike lightsabers, which due to their natural heat production can melt away physical materials allowing users to cut with ease and little effort, the Honor does not have any special ability to cut through an object. The device can be used to bash materials, however it is weightless and thusly any damage done is entirely reliant on the strength of the person rather than any special property of the unit. The Honor is capable of sending an electrical current through the light truncheon in order to act as a stunning weapon, which requires the user to click a button in order to activate. The nature of the weapon being a blunt force weapon makes it far less effective on armored opponents, relying on the strength of the user to decide whether or not any damage is done. Further the bright light of the truncheon makes it very conspicuous in both light and darkness, making stealth near impossible when it is activated.

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
Sorry for the delay.

So, here's the problem. There are certain technologies that, although technically possible, are banned or restricted from certain applications. Generally, this is because they run contrary to the spirit of Star Wars. It's technically feasible to make something like a Gundam, for instance, or a gun that uses the Force for ammunition. But they're not allowed because, well, see above.

Using holoprojection technology to create an ersatz lightsaber falls into that category. You can use it to make a club, or a baton, but not a sword. If you want to rework the submission so that it's no longer a cutting weapon, we can work with that. Otherwise, I'm afraid we'll have to deny it.

[member="Ultimatum"]

Thank you for working through this with me.

While I will not say I am entirely happy with that, I can understand and will make adjustments accordingly. I have decided to go for the truncheon concept with a side of electrical effect for the purpose of stunning.

I'm trying to work on tweaking the description portion. Weakness are a bit difficult since it is a very different weapon now. If you have any recommendations I am open to suggestions.

[member="Rusty"]

Rusty

Off the top of my head, I'd say reliance on blunt force is going to limit its effectiveness against armor, and the glowy part is gonna make stealth pretty much impossible.

[member="Ultimatum"]

Rusty

I'm cool with things as they stand, with one minor exception.

Ultimatum said:
Surface of light is impossible to penetrate

Ultimatum said:
The light is unable to be penetrated through any weapon
Mind rewording that to be a bit less absolute? Sure it's nigh on impossible to penetrate, but allowances have to be made for RP.

[member="Ultimatum"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom