Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Honeymoon and daydreams

[member="Felicity Mason"]

Her explanation made his thoughts go, made the wheels turn. Her experience, while not wholly the same as his own, was still what he suspected, and more besides. He glanced at her husband, then went to the cot and crouched beside it, assuming the same stance he had outside, in the street. He wasn't a healer, his experience with the healing arts paling in comparison to his other skills, but he knew some and little of it had any application here. It was those other skills that were of use.

"When you touch an object, and you see something because of it..."

Well, there it was. He was about to use her name, only to not have it.

"...I'm sorry, but what is your name?"

Might as well get that out of the way.

"Felicity," she answered, closing her eyes again, "Felicity Mason- Well, Mason-Barnabus now."

She smiled slightly at the hyphenated name. She might settle into taking his name one day, but Mason carried such weight. Everyone knew of her mother. Even if they didn't know it.

"Do you know how to stop it?" she asked, "The visions? The head aches? Do you think I have a tumor or something?"

That was something she'd heard from one of the last Jedi she spoke to about this. A healer. All she could do was shrug and suggest she had a brain tumor. A really scary thought.

[member="Jannik Morlandt"]

[member="Felicity Mason"]

He shook his head, and tried to keep the look of pity from his face. He understood her feelings about this 'gift' so intimately. It was the hardest part of a thing that was never easy. It was a considerable burden, being saddled with the knowledge of what might be, and keeping it only to the ears and eyes of those who understood the implications of assuming that what one saw must be true.

"The visions, no. They are beyond even my control, but they can be managed, in a way. The headaches I have no experience with, but at a guess I would say they are... growing pains, of a sort. Don't take my word for it, but it seems the likely thing... or they're a side-effect. Only time will tell."

As for the rest? He kept the laughter capped, and went for a smile.

"A tumour is doubtful."

He closed his own eyes for a moment, finding his centre of peace and clarity. Then they opened again, and settled on her.

"Now, you don't look like a Zeltron to me. Where are you from?"

The young woman bit her lip and rolled to her side, hiding her face in her arms. No, he couldn't help her get rid of the visions? Growing pains? Side effects?

"N-Naboo," she replied shakily, "I am from Naboo. Or... I was."

Before the Techno Union invaded and took control. Now she didn't really know where she properly belonged. And she couldn't go back to Naboo anymore. They knew who she was now. Their new puppet Queen knew who she was.

[member="Owain"] [member="Jannik Morlandt"]

Owain

Lord High Grand Commander Esq.
So this was Space Wizard stuff. Owain bit back a sigh. A part of Felicity's life he would never be a part of, never understand. It scared him on some level. She could see the future, the dead, affect things with her will...if she ever got angry at him, she could literally kill him with a thought...would their children..if they had any...be like that? It would be...humiliating, in a way. To be the only one in a family without something the others would find intrinsical to existence. It would be like being the only blind member of the family. Actually...that was a good way of putting it. He was blind to the Force, always would. He would never truly connect with Felicicty...not like others of her kind could. So he stayed silent as the two conversed.

[member="Felicity Mason"] [member="Jannik Morlandt"]

[member="Felicity Mason"] | [member="Owain"]

Was.

His eyes slipped shut for a moment. Naboo was in proximity to the interests of the Galactic Alliance, adding another layer of reason to his presence here, with this young woman. So many members of the Alliance were with the Alliance because of groups like the one that drove the woman before him from her home. It wasn't until she made mention of Naboo that the surname clicked. It was a name he'd heard maybe once or twice over the years, but the connection was clear - this here was a princess... or was supposed to be.

"Naboo, hm?" His eyes opened, and he looked at her again, "Well, I may be of more help to you than I first thought."

A small, thin smile.

"Have you heard of the Galactic Alliance?"

Though he wasn't personally aware of the future plans, he could see Naboo as a possible target to bring in from the clutches of horrors and abuses. The choices weren't his to make, but faith could do a lot for anyone.

The name 'Galactic Alliance' did strike a chord with her.

"Cyril..." she answered softly putting a hand over her eyes, "Cyril Grayson. He's my brother. He's involved with them."

Or at least he was. She didn't speak to him much anymore. Old hurts. Family drama. But she still loved her brother dearly. He had taken the time to come to her and Owains wedding after all.
Actually, that made her remember the dream she'd had about him- and the warning she'd given him. He was in danger. She wished the vision had been clearer.

"What do they have to do with Naboo? What do they have to do with anything?"

[member="Jannik Morlandt"] [member="Owain"]

Owain

Lord High Grand Commander Esq.
Owain's eyes narrowed at the mention of Naboo. That planet haunted the Mason family, like a legendary beast, stealing away the girls, devouring their lives in pursuit of so called noble goals. His stepfather, Keter, had once confessed in a durnken state that he had come to loathe the planet - for his wife, it was a precious jewel, worth more than her family. To him, it had become a symbol of everything wrong with the galaxy. And now everything was playing out again in front of him. And it was completely out of his hands to intervene. Felicity was going to follow her mother's footsteps. THe thought made him panic, and he fought to stop it showing on his face.

Not like this, not so soon. What of Zelda? What of him? Would they be cast aside like her father had been? Like she herself had been? Oh sorry, I'll be home soon, just have a planet/galaxy to save?

It left a foul taste in his mouth as he looked away.

He was bound by his own promise. He wouldn't cage Songbird. He couldn't. SHe was free now. Free to do as she saw fit.

Just...would she truly pick a planet full of strangers over her....family?

[member="Jannik Morlandt"] [member="Felicity Mason"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom