Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Honeymoon and daydreams

Being married now didn't feel even the slightest bit different. Sure, she had more freedom with her love. She could do anything with him, go anywhere with him, and the minute people saw the ring on her finger, their judgement disappeared. She may be young, but for some stupid reason, marriage immediately made everything she did alright. Even so, she did not feel even the slightest bit changed.

As was expected, most of the time in hyperspace was spent locked in her, no, their cabin. That was just what newly weds did. But their destination was in sight. Felicity sat in the pilots seat, still dressed in her wedding gown. She hadn't brought anything else with her.

"Owain?" she called into the ships comm, "Wake up now. We're here. Get ready for landing."

She checked the ships on board computer systems, made sure they ere cleared for landing, then gentle as a bird landing, brought her fathers ship in to land. Unlike her father, she seemed to know how to handle to Inferno duo without crashing it. All it took was a little bit of love. And a lot of patience.

"Never been to Zeltros before..." she snickered to herself, fully aware of the planets reputation. [member="Owain"] would probably appreciate it.

Owain

Lord High Grand Commander Esq.
After a surprisingly swift ceremony, the lovebirds had taken their leave and set off on their honeymoon - leaving baby Zelda in the safe- well, responsible- no that didn't work either...let's settle on reliable hands of their families - Keter Mason and Elliot Barnabus to be specific.

...at least that protocol droid was around to keep her safe...

Besides, since they had hit the hyperlanes Owain had been too...preoccupied to worry. He was married, and his young bride had been only too eager to celebrate them being "officially" together now. Where the girl got her energy from was a mystery. Oh wait, no. She was a space wizard. They could do anything. Huh...he briefly pondered if space wizards ever called on the Force during...ahem. Well, he supposed he could find out in due course. Making sure to dress somewhat respectably, he made his way to the cockpit, blinking in suprise at seeing Felicity there in her wedding gown. Right, they hadn't brought any bags with them. She had been too eager to be off. Still, she was technically a princess, so he figured she could afford to get some new clothes whilst on...wherever they were heading.

The youth strode up to his wife, leaning down to give her a quick kiss. He couldn't help but smile like an idiot. It was embarassing. "So Songbird, where have you brought us?"

[member="Felicity Mason"]

Felicity returned the kiss quick;y before looking back to the viewport where the beautiful planet hovered just in front of them.

"Well," she giggled, "I've always wanted to go to Zeltros."

She grinned at her husband, glancing back at him to see his reaction as she took them in.

"I hear they are absolutely famous for their nude beaches."

[member="Owain"]

Owain

Owain followed his wife's gaze to the planet outside, still smiling like a goof. "Zeltros huh?"

Then he remembered what that actually meant.

"Wait, Zeltros? For a honeymoon?!" he asked incredulously, glancing at the girl piloting the ship with masterful ease. "Isn't that someplace more for a....well, bachlorette party?"

His reaction made her laugh. Why did he look so appalled at the idea? It wasn't like the planet didn't have anything else to offer. There was plenty of places to shop, beaches, museums... There was plenty they could do.

"Lighten up, Owain," she snickered, guiding the ship below the atmosphere, "Don't you want to have fun?"

He was too fun to tease. Honestly, she didn't intend to spend their entire honeymoon here though. She had a few places on her list that she also wanted to take a visit to. She lowered the ship carefully onto the docking platform, whispering to the ship as she did so. Landing seemed to go smoother when she did this for some reason.

"Good boy," she whispered, patting the console as if it were a child, "Alright, Owain! I think first things first... I need to find some new clothes. Shall we?"

[member="Owain"]

Owain

Oh right, she was joing at his expense. "Ha ha," he retorted blandly, shaking his head. Honestly, some things never changed. "You've really changed. The little Songbird from Naboo would never have come here," he pointed out, even as the ship lightly touched down. Wow. Felicity was a really good pilot. Much better than her father. How that man had avoided dying whenever he flew was a mystery to the crow. "And I intend to have a lot of fun," he countered with a grin, moving to kiss her again, letting her know exactly the kind of fun he had in mind. "Still, Zeltros can be quite...hardcore, even for people like my uncle," the youth added as a warning before stepping aside to let his wife lead the way.

"Of course, dear."

Hardcore? How? She'd read the guidebook. All it spoke of were the beaches and museums and the shopping. What could be so hard core about it? Why did he look nervous? Did he think he couldn't handle it? All the pheromones? She giggled again as she led him off the ship, tying her long dress up at her hip so she wouldn't trip over it. Sure, it showed her legs now. But they were on Zeltros! What better way to fit in than to show some skin?

"This way," she said, holding her datapad out in front of her and bringing up a local map, "Looks like we can find a few shops out over here!"

[member="Owain"]

Owain

She was laughing at him now. Great. He flushed slightly before claming himself. It was alright, she probably meant they were going to keep to the more touristy areas and not...well. Zeltros, like all places, had a good and a bad reputation - depending on the area. Knowing Felicity...they'd be fine. The boy sighed but followed obediently, enjoying the sight of his wife's legs as she led the way towards a shopping spree. This...might prove entertaining. Hmm, Felicity in Zeltros fashions...oh yes indeed....

Excitement. Felicity loved being somewhere new. She was practically jumping for joy! She hurried out onto the streets with her husband in tow. At her fingertips was her credit card with enough credits saved up to buy a small island on a nice planet somewhere. Shopping was all she had in mind now. She wanted something cute, fashionable, and comfortable.

"Come on, Owain! Up this way!"

She was smiling as bright as the sun overhead, paying no attention to the odd looks she was getting. She might just be a little too excited about this. And in her wedding dress still, she absolutely stood out. That was alright. She was used to not quite fitting in anywhere. Better to stand out and be disliked, than to blend in and never be noticed at all.

She stopped in front of one shop all of a sudden. Her eyes went blank.

Flashes of images, snippets of conversation. The bridge of a ship, a huge one. Out through the view port something exploded. She saw her brother. Saw his worry. She heard his voice, but what he was saying was unclear. She heard blaster fire. She heard screaming.

She let go of her husbands hand, pressed a hand to her forehead. She felt dizzy...

Her eyes closed, her legs gave out under her and she collapsed right there in the street.

[member="Owain"] [member="Jannik Morlandt"]

Owain

Her good mood washed away any lingering doubts, and the boy hurried along, being guided by his joyous wife. So this was married life? It seemed...pleasant. Totally unlike he had heard some people describe it. He had had some worries about getting married...but here, with her...

...it would all work out.

And then she collapsed. His good mood evaporating, he dropped to his knees to catch her before she hit the floor. "Felicicty?"

For almost three whole minutes, everything was black. No sound. No light. Like sleep without dreams. Her body was still as death. She felt nothing, and yet, something of her was aware. Something of her was awake in the darkness. She floated along in the ocean of nothing, staring up a sky without stars.

What happened?

You went away.

I did? Well, I would like to go back.

It will hurt when you do...

I want to go back.

Pain. Her head felt like it was going to split open. Someone was holding her. She groaned, lifting a hand to her forehead. Her fingers touched her cheeks, but quickly pulled away in shock. They were wet. Was it raining? No. No, they were tears? She slowly opened her eyes, hissing at the sunlight. It only made her headache worse...

[member="Owain"] [member="Jannik Morlandt"]

[member="Felicity Mason"] | [member="Owain"]

People-watching was an idle activity, dare it be said... a past time that the average Jedi engaged in out of habit. Oft-times, the eyes weren't used, but when he sat at an outdoor table at a café while sipping a mug of caf that day, his eyes were drinking everything in. The pheromones, however, were having no effect due to the Sil-Alert Stims he had been introduced to what felt like a solid age or two ago by Avalore Eden, whom he had been surprised to see amongst the Jedi within the Galactic Alliance as of late. She had, for all intents and purposes, disappeared. It was a funny thing, how he believed he would always be with the Republic as a padawan, as a fresh knight, but the Force had other ideas. It always did. It was why he was on this otherwise avoidable world in the first place, at this particular café, watching natives and visitors alike pass by.

Now, as if Zeltros wasn't strange enough, seeing a woman still in her wedding dress and strolling the street so casually was certain to draw some attention, and within a moment of the woman and her husband entering his field of vision, he was following their traverse across the duracrete as they were more familiar looking in their fasions than most things on Zeltros. Oh, he wasn't staring, no, but... well, the Force had other ideas. His day was about to get more interesting than he expected, when the woman ceased to move, and right then and there an unmistakable hallmark of vision in the Force was laid bare before his eyes; a measure of his consciousness dipped into the flows where the Force and time intersected and he felt the thrum of what she received. No mistaking it at all, and he knew from considerable experience exactly what came next when she crumpled and the man at her side caught her. One last gulp of his caf, and he was pushing away from the table to go to them.

So this was what he was here for.

"Good catch," he said to Owain when he came close, "do you know" he gestured to the woman in the other man's arms, "what has happened with her?"

This was a gauge of knowledge. Was this the first time or not? If it wasn't, was this something the husband was aware of? Jannik crouched, hands clasped together between his knees; he peered at the blonde in the dress as her eyes cracked open.

"Welcome back, lass."

Owain

A figure approached as Owain cradled his wife, checking her pulse with practiced ease. She seemed fine, just lacking consciousness. He was about to call for some sort of medical service when a man appeared, crouching down and speaking softly. Reassurance. He seemed to knw waht was going on. A doctor on holiday? Like it mattered. Owain looked at him, his innate distrust rising like a wave before ebbing away in the face of his concern.

"Not really, but I can guess it's to do with her being a space wizard," he admitted, feeling his wife stir in his arms.

[member="Felicity Mason"] [member="Jannik Morlandt"]

[member="Owain"] | [member="Felicity Mason"]

"A vision from the Force," he said, explaining briefly, his eyes never leaving the woman as she surfaced into the conscious world again, "uncontrollable and in the majority of cases, rare. Most of those endowed with the Force will not have more than one or two in their lifetime, if at all."

He wondered what she saw, as all the thoughts of his early days in coming to terms with what he once saw as an affliction came to mind. He had been fearful, and rightly so, as a younger man that had no understanding to apply to what was happening to him. What the Force imparted to him was unpleasant more often than not, hard to stomach, horrific. Now? Now it was hard to not be numb.

"This is unpreventable," he stated, a tad firm, flicking a glance at the husband, "and in the rarest of cases, the visions are far more frequent. Those are the ones that become our seers."

He turned his gaze back to her, and continued to watch over her.

"Regardless, we should get her out of the street, and to somewhere with less light. It'll help."

His voice dropped to a low volume.

"People are staring."

It was for their sake that he mentioned this, of course.

That never happened. Passing out like that. She shook in his arms as someone spoke to her. Someone she didn't know. Someone who's face she couldn't see through the intense sunlight.

"Turn off the light," she groaned, trying to cover her eyes, "It burns..."

Her head. She needed a dark room and silence. This splitting headache. It was absolutely killing her.

[member="Jannik Morlandt"]

Owain

A...vision? Felicity had always complained about...insights that she recieved from the Force, on top of being able to see the dead. It was probably why she liked him - he offered her a distraction. It wasn't an unfiar way of looking at things - Owain wasn't a space wizard, ever would be - he would never truly understand what the girl went through so often, what gave her the nightmares. All he could do was hold her close and try to help her however he could.

He grimaced at the tone of the strnager, but bit back the retort - that people always stared, that she was a princess, that people ought to stare - and nodded stiffly, gingerly picking up Felicity in a bridal carry. There was a cafe nearby...one that the strnager had come from. Seemed as good a place as any for now.

[member="Jannik Morlandt"] [member="Felicity Mason"]

[member="Owain"] | [member="Felicity Mason"]

As the husband rose with his wife in his arms, the seer did the same and went along with the pair, back to the café he had first spied them from. The table he had previously sat at was occupied by new patrons; appropriate for the amount of time he had been away from it. With the newlywed pair in tow, he strode into the café and after a brief word with the proprietor was led to a back room with a cot, that was touched with a dim light. Enough to see, but not enough to be an offense to the sensitive eyes caused by a fresh vision.

"This should do," he said.

He thanked the proprietor before she went back to her business, leaving him and the couple alone; he held the door open to allow them through, shutting it behind himself once they were in.

"Thank you for your trust," he said to the husband, "and my apologies for the lack of an introduction; I'm Jannik Morlandt, Jedi Master, and a seer in my own right. I recognized the signs of what was happening when your wife stopped abruptly in the street, and I believe she is the reason the Force brought me to Zeltros in the first place."

She was being moved. It hurt worse than laying out in the blistering sun. The young woman clenched her husbands shirt, biting back tears. He didn't know. He knew this happened to her, but he'd only witnessed it a small handful of times. He didn't know yet how to deal with her. Was it right? Marrying him? Forcing him to put up with this?

Her back hit something soft and she opened her eyes again. Dark. Finally. Carefully, she looked around. She was laying down in a back room somewhere. And standing over here was a stranger. Someone who spoke of the Force. A Jedi.

"A... Jedi?" she asked, "What do you want?"

Before the husband could respond, the wife cut in, finally speaking some indication of awareness. Jan looked to her, the words she spoke being ones he had heard before, but with them was no colour of anger, dismissiveness, or irritation. What did he want? He wasn't here because of his want - no, the Force wanted something, the Force willed this meeting to occur. Still, it was a simpler thing to answer in her terms, than the lengthy ones that a mystic explanation would bring - as Jedi were so often accused of being.

"I want to help you."

Short and to the point, and it was now the truth. Not that it was a lie beforehand; rather, it was the realization of his purpose here. Interpreting the will of the Force was often a less straightforward thing, but for one such as him, it was less of a challenge, to an extent.

"This is far from the first time, isn't it?"

As if he could see right through her.

The young woman looked away from the Jedi and her husband. She didn't want to see Owains worry, or the look of pity in the Jedi's eyes. She nodded.

"It... happened gradually. It started as little flickers. Sometimes I'd have dreams and pieces of my dreams would come true. Then, it started happening more frequently, and while I was awake too. I'd touch something and it would bring one on. They started out as just uncomfortable. Now it's... unbearable. It feels like my skull is on fire. They often leave me exhausted, but this is the first time one of them actually..." She swallowed, hand to her forehead. The headache...
"This is the first time I've blacked out from one. It's getting worse."

She felt her eyes well up once more, but she quickly regained control. No. This was her honeymoon. She was supposed to be happy! All she needed was a nap. A good rest and they could continue shopping and exploring. She'd be fine. She'd...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom