Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Honesty

Their relationship was a thing of beauty. Like a flower it began to bloom from the early phases as their time as a couple and it developed into something divine. Their relationship continued to bloom, and it brought happiness to both the Munin and the Tor. While they weren't exactly married and completely bound to one another, they certainly acted as if they husband and wife. The two hunted game, farmed crops, fought battles, loved each other, and practically lived together. The two were loyal to each other as they didn't love anyone else besides each other, and they were honest with each other as they both shared the depths of their lives and secrets that they had never shared with anyone else.

But Vilaz wasn't truly honest with his beloved.

There was something that he hadn't told her and he was very afraid of telling Bree of this. He worried that it would hurt; he worried that it would cause her to hate him; and he worried that he would lose the woman that he loved.

But he had decided to be truly honest with Bree and tell her of that one secret he kept from her. He wasn't cheating on her, but he had done something in the past. Something that Vilaz was ashamed of and knew it would cause some tension between him and Bree.

And so there they were on the back porch of Vilaz's house on Concord Dawn, looking out at the scenery of the plains in the evening with the sun about to set. His arms entangled around Bree and he leaned his head onto hers.

"Are you loving the sight, cyar'ika?"

[member="Briika Tor"]

Briika Munin

Shieldmaiden of Clan Munin (retired)
Now that Briika's adult daughter, [member="Mesh'la Dral"], was back living with her it made leaving the Tor Homestead located just outside of Keldabe on Mandalore easier to spend some much needed downtime with [member="Vilaz Munin"] at his clan home on Concord Dawn. The seasoned Baau'ur had never thought love would find her again, but the Akaan had certainly shown Briika how it could be to be truly loved. There was no doubt what each felt for the other was genuine. It didn't matter to Vilaz that she'd been married twice before; widowed the first time, and divorced the second. He had never been married or really even been in a relationship for that matter before they became a couple, but the Cuir Rekr rose to the challenge and surpassed all skeptical expectations easily. They were solid, or at least that is what the Tor thought. She could tell something was bothering the man, but would not ask. If he wanted to share with his beloved, then the Munin would. Men were fickle that way, and she had learned not to push rather just be patient and supportive in that regard over the years.

The setting couldn't be more beautiful or serene for the Mando couple to enjoy their time together while standing in a loving embrace on the back porch of the main farm house over looking the Munin Homestead. The brilliant yellow orange glow of Concord Dawn's sun slowly slipping over the distant mountainous horizon with the color being reflected in the evening cloud cover forming in the darkening sky was spectacular as Briika had come to expect on her visits. It was these times that the Mandalore-born cherished the most with her significant other.

When Vilaz spoke softly in his deep loving voice, it was always sweet music to her ears. There were two sides to the man and warrior, but he had only ever shown Bree his kind and caring one not the one he was named for by the Sole Ruler; the Wolf of War. Briika nestled further back into Vilaz's strong armored-body as he held her in front of him at the porch railing; her golden head touching his darker.

"Elek… I couldn't imagine sharing the sight with anyone else, Vil'ika. You've made me so happy since we've met," Bree expressed with a heartfelt tone in her sweet voice, then the petite medic turned her head so that her azure orbs could gaze into his sapphire ones.

"I never thought I could feel this way again. Vor entye, ner cyare," she smiled tenderly at the Alor of Clan Munin with nothing but love shown for him in those eyes of hers.

Their eyes met and gazed at one another, showing nothing but love to each other. Them and her made him feel happy and alive with minute that he spent with her. The Munin's head reached over and his lips pressed against Bree's own and kissed her passionately for a few moments before his lips parted from hers.

"I've always thought that I would be alone and not have anyone by my side to grow old with, but I'm so glad that you came into my life. I've never been much happier in my life and I don't think I can love any other woman besides you," the Concordian said to his beloved, every word and syllable he spoke was true and genuine and she knew that. "I want to keep on making you happy, Bree. And I want to spend the rest of my years with you and cherish them before I march away."

With that being said and done, it was now time for him to tell her of the one secret he hadn't told her. He wished that whatever happened in the past never happened, but what was done was done and there was nothing he could to reverse that. Not even all the power in the Galaxy could change those events for the Munin. Part of the Akaan didn't want to tell Bree, but he just couldn't live with himself like that and he couldn't do that to Bree. She deserved to know everything of Vilaz. If he didn't regret from what he had done in his past, then he would regret it a whole lot with a heavy heart. And he was going to regret causing some pain to his significant other as she was about completely know the man that she loved. Pain was the last thing he wished to bring on Bree, but he wasn't going to have her be told by someone else besides himself. That would just cause more suffering and more tension between the two.

"Bree," he began a serious tone, "there's something that's been bothering me. I haven't told you everything about me and I don't think that it's fair to not tell you, but before I begin, promise me that you'll try to keep a calm head."

[member="Briika Tor"]

Briika Munin

That kiss was so full of love. His always were, but there was something else there; almost as if it may be their last yet there was no danger here. Well none that she could see. Then Vilaz finally wanted to open up to her. There was something he needed to tell Briika, and his entire face showed the gravity or weight of what the man was going to say next.

"I promise I'll try, cyar'ika," Bree nodded with a small smile of encouragement; not knowing if it was more for him or her. She hated drama. There had been way too much in her short life so far.

The petite blonde took the Akaan's hand and lead him a few feet over to the porch steps, then sat down on wooden top plank pulling him down to the space next to her. She took a breath in and out to calm her nerves as the anticipation of what he might tell the medic was killing her. 'Expect the worse, but hope for the best' was the motto often said, but really that was harder than it sounded. All sorts of wild things ran through the Tor's mind, though she would wait for the Munin to completely speak before reacting.

"Okay, I'm ready to listen to what you need to tell me," the petite blonde said, giving the Concordian's hand a little squeeze while steeling herself.

[member="Vilaz Munin"]

Hearing her promising that she would do her best to keep calm and see her smile did encouraged him to spill out the truth. Maybe she would understand and not burst out. Or that's what at least Vilaz thought of. Right now, he was worried and scared of the outcome of what was about to happen. He had never been like this in his entire life. But he was trying to think positive about this situation. They had been a loving couple for many months and the Munin thought they would still be together after discussing of this uneasy topic for him and Bree.

The two sat down on one of the wooden planks that made up the porch steps and his hand was in hers. The Akaan looked at her beloved with his sapphire eyes with a sincere and sadden face. A face that Bree never had seen before until now. The Concordian could feel his hand being lightly squeezed by the hand of his significant other, and Vilaz did the same but made sure it wasn't very tight and hard as he didn't want make the Tor feel uncomfortable.

The man took a deep breath to try to calm down his nerves. Bree could feel Vilaz's hand slightly shaking.

"Bree...I...um, I used to be part of...Deat-Deathwatch," he finally was able to say it, but what he said would most likely bring pain.

Now he would wait for Briika's response as he looker at her beautiful azure eyes that would be filled with hurt from what he had said. The last thing he ever wanted to do was harm the woman he loved.

[member="Briika Tor"]

Briika Munin

Did she hear her beloved correctly?!

The mere mention of the savage splinter group of Mando'ade made Briika's stomach churn and her blood boil. Did Vilaz not know that her older brother was murdered in cold blood by Death Watch… as well as the medic's mentor and daughter's father-in-law? This cut deeper than if the Concordian had said he'd cheated on her.

The Tor's show of repulsed disapproval was swift. The imprint of the petite blonde's hand upon the Munin's scruffy cheek would sting and should as did her own heart, but she did not move otherwise from sitting next to her significant other on the porch step. Briika's world had just tilted off its axis and right now she needed something solid to keep her slipping dangerously out of orbit.

The golden-haired Baar'ur bit her trembling lip afterwards as the Akaan would see she was visibly shaken and upset by his personal revelation. It took everything in Briika's power to quell the very raw desire to put a slug between his eyes right here right now, but that was not the Enceri-born's way. There were always two sides to the story and she had promised Vilaz to try and keep a cool head, and that would be honored, for now. The initial reaction would tell the man he was walking a thin line with her.

"Why?" Bree asked Vilaz simply in a pained yet calm whisper.

[member="Vilaz Munin"]

Nothing had ever harmed or hurt Vilaz ever in his life until today. Being slapped by his beloved stung and hurt more than being injured and wounded from the cruelty of war and combat. His heart pained and ached like it had never done before as he knew that Bree's heart was in agony and in pain from this horrid revelation. The Concordian knew of the Tor's history with the splinter cell of Deathwatch. They had killed her older brother in cold blood, and they had killed Strider Garon who was her mentor and the father-in-law of Mesh'la. No doubt was he always ashamed and disappointed in himself for joining the ranks of Deathwatch. The Munin had killed his fellow brothers and sisters-in-arms ever since the Deathwatch insurgency struck at Mandalore. Not just that, but the woman he solely loved was having a romantic relationship with a tainted Mandalorian. The Akaan knew she deserved much more than that.

The Cuir Rekr turned his head and looked back at his significant other. Her beautiful azure eyes were in pain and hated the very sight of Vilaz. Tears streamed out of the man's eyes, but he didn't break down.

Then came a question from the golden blonde. Why did he do such a thing? He had a legitimate explanation for that, and she would know he would be honest in his answer.

"I didn't join them just for the fun or thrill of it," he began in a shaky and sad tone of voice, "I hate the Deathwatch as much as you hate them, Bree. But I joined because I was tired of seeing the stagnation of the Mandalorians. I thought that by joining them, I would bring back the Mandalorians back to its glory days. I thought we would be stronger and better than ever. But I was wrong. I could've easily killed the Deathwatch members that threatened me to join them, but I didn't because they said the had a bright vision for all of us and I wanted a better future for every Mandalorian. But all I did was kill my own vode just for the amusement of the Deathwatch, and I wish that I could change those events, cyar'ika. You don't know how bad and guilty I feel for doing this to you and to our vode."

He paused, but he wasn't done. He remembered the words of Keira Ticon of how every Mandalorian deserved a second chance from the mistakes and wrong actions they had made in their life. Maybe this was the place and time to be pardoned and granted a second chance from the errors he had done.

"There's this woman who's a Mandalorian and I've had some beef with her, but I remember she once told me that every Mando deserved a second chance in life for what they had done in the past. I guess what I'm trying to say is if you will forgive for hurting you and for what I did in the post, ner cyare. And will you continue to love me as I love you?"

He knew he was asking a lot from the golden blonde. Asking this from her was valued more than all the power and wealth one could possibly achieve in life. Bree's answer would determine the future of Vilaz and Bree's romance and love that they together shared for many months.

[member="Briika Tor"]

Briika Munin

Briika felt repulsed by her beloved's confession that he had been a member of Death Watch, but also was encouraged that the man himself had come clean with the Tor before she heard it from someone else. It meant that the Munin had integrity and would not hide from what he had done and own it. That took courage to admit a mistake in judgement, even if it may not be forgiven.

The Baar'ur had not been aware of the Akaan's past affiliation with the rogue splinter group of the Mando'ade. The key here to remember was it was in the past, not present, but still it was a fact that Vilaz had struck against True Mando's.

"I know that you weren't responsible for the death of ner cyare vod as it happened well before you joined time wise, but… were you a part of the group that killed Stri'buir in cold blood on the steps of the Oyu'baat? Ner ad'ika was present for that, you know. Mesh'la and Strider's ad were here fighting for Manda'yaim against the Kyr'tsad. I may be able to forgive you, but forget… It's just not that easy. How can I trust you going forward, that you're true in heart for our vode, and me and ner aliit?"

[member="Vilaz Munin"]

"I had nothing to do with the death of Strider, cyar'ika. I still think the man that killed him is a coward and I was disgusted with that act," the Munin said to his beautiful Tor with a sincere and soft voice. He didn't raise his voice at Bree nor would he ever do that to her. Ever. He would raise his volume to anyone else, but not to the woman he solely loved. The slap that she gave to him was something that he deserved and one he wouldn't hold Bree at fault. He had dented and broke her, and the punishment for that was a stingy slap to the face that left some red on his face.

Vilaz was glad and content to hear that his beloved would forgive him, but she was still weary of him. How could he explain that she could trust him? He didn't expect her to forget of this revelation because he hadn't forgotten the time he joined the Deathwatch. But he needed her trust.

One of his hands reached for one of Briika's own hands and held it softly. The other reached up to try to caress the Battle Medic's beautiful face with the back of his hand.

"Have faith in my, ner cyare. Trust me. I would never do anything like that ever again to you, to our clan, to our children, or to the rest of the vode. I was lost and confused during those times, but they taught me a lifelong lesson. Give me another second chance, and I promise I will never let you down."

He paused and then asked her a question that he thought was important to him.

"Do you still love me?"

[member="Briika Tor"]

Briika Munin

Briika let the Concordian take one of her hands back to hold as he continued to speak. She knew Vilaz was genuinely sorry for his choice, behavior. The Tor even understood the part why the Munin felt it was the best way to change what had been plaguing the Mandalorian Clans at the time, but still…. Death Watch had made a permanent mark on her; scarred the medic for life in being responsible for taking both her older brother, and dear friend. Though the Akaan did not have a personal hand in either death, he still had been a part of the Kyr'tsad, which hurt greatly to even know.

"My heart can forgive you, so yes I still love you. My head though will never forget. A second chance you will get. Don't make me regret it, ner cyare." Bree answered, blue orbs looking into blue making her points clear.

[member="Vilaz Munin"]

Tears began to roll from his eyes. They were not of sorrow or grief, but of joy to hear that Bree still loved him. Never had he been so despaired to have something gone in his favors. Had Bree left him, Vilaz would've been in such a wreck and be in a position much more deeper than rock bottom. He would've been depressed, and try to drown it with liquor and some packs of cigarettes. He would've also called Draco, Arrbi, or any one of his close friends to try to distract him from the could-be-depression of his. No doubt he would have continued to fight for Bree and try to rekindle their love and relationship. Would she also be in a depressed situation if she would have left him?

He didn't know that, nor did he care what would happen if that were to happen. All he knew was that he and his beloved were still together.

"I won't, cyar'ika. I won't screw up ever again," he said, his sapphire eyes looking into Bree's own pair. And he would mean what he said.

The Akaan then embraced his significant other, and just held her. He didn't try to kiss her as his guts told him that it wasn't the good time for that. Right now, which was obvious, there was a wedge between the two after Vilaz's revelation; however, he had hope the awkward atmosphere that was casted on them wouldn't last long.

"You wanna go inside, ner cyare? It's almost dark."

[member="Briika Tor"]

Briika Munin

His words were sincere as Vilaz's eyes showed that, but it was still hard to just push what he had conveyed to her away that easily. It would take time. Briika let the Concordian hug her. The Tor though wasn't sure if the Munin had tried to kiss her, he might not have found her lips but rather her cheek. Again, time would heal the wound, hopefully.

"Elek..." Bree nodded to the suggestion they go inside as the sun had set during their talk, then the blonde pushed herself up off the top step of the porch and walked into the farm house.

"I need a drink," the medic said once through the door, She headed down the hallway straight for the kitchen where a bottle of tihaar was stashed in the back of the pantry.

Grabbing two glasses from the cupboard next to the sink, Briika put them down on the countertop, then took the cork off the bottle and poured herself a generous amount of the stout Mando spirit.

"You want some?" she asked pausing with the bottle in the air, still a bit of tenseness evident in her mannerisms despite saying he was loved and forgiven. "I suppose I shouldn't drink when upset, but I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight if I don't have at least one."

[member="Vilaz Munin"]

The couple went inside with Vilaz following Bree and headed towards the kitchen. What should he say? What should he do? He didn't opened his mouth or do anything besides walking near his significant other. He felt as if it would be uncomfortable and unwanted for the two of them if he tried to force on being anything romantic with the Tor. Hell, it was also hard to try to act like a friend with her.

But he had to do something in order to rid of the wound that tainted their relationship.

Thankfully, the golden blonde broke the awkwardness as she spoke about needing a drink and asking Vilaz for one. "Yeah, I'll take some," he said with a plain tone in his voice.

Speaking of sleep, how were they going to sleep tonight?

"So I guess I'll be in the dog house tonight?"

[member="Briika Tor"]

Briika Munin

Briika poured the stout Mandalorian spirit into the second glass pulled out, then handed it off to her beloved. It would be apparent to him the blonde was still ruffled by his admission, though Briika was trying to process it the best she could. The Tor usually didn't stay mad for long, but if she decided to it would be for good reason. It could be the Munin now would be kissing up forever.

No toast was made or anything else said before the petite Mando'ad threw back the drink, relishing the burn as it slid down from her mouth to stomach. Another one was poured as she thought over what the Cuir Rekr inquired about.

Blue orbs slowly met the other pair In the room. "No, not the dog house... then you'd smell like one. Your side of the bed is still open. I do still after all need someone to keep me warm," Bree said, keeping her face neutral before downing the second shot of Tihaar.

It would be hard for Vilaz to tell just what her mood or true thoughts on the subject were. She didn't know either to be honest, just that Ka'ra always told her daughter not to go to bed angry because dragging out the disgruntlement with your loved one just made for more heartache later instead of moving on. Briika hadn't listened to that pearl of wisdom with Graad. Holding a grudge eroded away the love in that relationship, even if it was well founded.

"I am going to bed," she stated unceremoniously placing her empty glass in the sink though leaving the bottle of Tihaar out on the counter, then turned on her booted heel and left for the master bedroom.

A quick change out of her beskar'gam into a simple, cotton nightgown found the seasoned Baar'ur under the covers and seemingly asleep on her side facing the edge of the bed by the time the Akaan would join her.

[member="Vilaz Munin"]

He drank up and enjoyed the burning taste of the liquor as soon as his beloved tossed him the drink. Would he get drunk? Most unlikely as things were...okay at the moment. Not the best, but it was better than any other depressing alternations of what could have happened outside in the patio. Their eyes looked at each other, not in a loving or hating way, but in a neutral tone as the Munin awaited what his beloved would say about where he would sleep tonight.

From all the romantic comedies they had seen together, Vilaz got the stereotype of him being sent off to the couch or somewhere to sleep which didn't include his loving partner. But he was surprised to hear from the words of Bree that his place at their bed was still open and that she still needed someone to keep her warm. Confused and surprised he was. He was expecting this be like in the movies as Bree was the first woman he ever loved and dated, and really didn't had any experience in having a romantic relationship at all. Maybe this was how things went after an argument?

"Okay, I'll be there soon," Vilaz said to Bree. He stuck around to have another shot of the Mando liquor. After enjoying the second shot of the strong drink, he then went upstairs and then began to change out of his armor into some pajamas. The Munin saw his beloved sleeping on her side of the bed and looked asleep ti his eyes. He didn't dare to try to wake her up, so he quietly got on his side of the bed and laid down flat on his back with the covers over him.

[member="Briika Tor"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom