Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Homebrew Tabletop

Decided to host a horror themed tabletop session for Halloween. Considering my players are not exactly all into the math that can come with DnD I decided to make it all as simple as possible. For example, if it sounds like Strength would be used to do that action, that's what the check will be used for.
I've decided to remove all forms of magic except for certain specific items, like items that produce a light source, minor healing abilities, and such.
I've also removed all races outside of humans and near humans as playable, so Dwarves, Elves, Halflings..
This game will throw my players in a light fantasy zombie apocalypse where getting bit can be highly dangerous, and everyone can be 1hKO easily, but the same goes for the creatures they'll face.
I plan on trying to figure out how to work out this turn system where after X amount of turns, the zombies will arrive at the front gates. I also plan on trying to add a Sanity system and something like an RTS mechanic.

I'll be using the d20s for checks as always, weapons will go up from d4s up to 2d6s for the heavier weapons. Chainmail is gonna be everyone's best friend as it'll stop any bites an scratches obviously.

I planned on zombies going from shameless to runners with mutations for variants and mini bosses.

Anyways, just thought I'd share this idea for those who enjoy the tabletop scene, and was looking to try something new. Take and Subtract as you will, but think as is this is pretty solid.

I'm also up for suggestions on what else I can do for the group but still keep it simple. My group enjoys free choices and not being entirely forced in a direction. I'm also decent enough to make stuff up on the fly if things don't go entirely how I planned so..yeah lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom