Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home Sweet Home

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

Rael brought both of his blades up, meeting hers. The kaleesh stepped back, and swung one lightsaber at her, keeping the other one ready for a counter. Rael thought about her new actions. She seemed to be much more aggressive than he had previously, and he would have to find a way to manage that. His Soresu training told him to wait it out, but if he waited too long, she'd kill him. I need an out! He thought. His eyes flicked around the desert, but just as quickly as they had left, they were back on Anja.

Anja pressured his blades, weary of his potential counters and continued to strike after strike in an attempt to weigh down upon him.

"You lack resolve. You're too focused on self-control that you don't realize it's eating you alive.", she said -- attempting to use her race's ability and the force to sway him and influence his will. She also tried to read him, to see what he was thinking of. Not that she could read his mind but she may be able to perceive his train-of-thought if he couldn't figure out a way to prevent her from doing so. Nonetheless her actions were considerably aggressive but not necessarily wild. They didn't show any sloppiness but they also did not support caution. He swung down mightily, something she didn't do often in an attempt to force him to be purely defensive.

[member="Rael sul B'an"]

Rael brought his blades up to defend against her attacks. He took another small scrape, this time to the arm. Then she stopped, and said that, horrible, horrible sentence. You lack resolve...It echoed through his mind, bouncing around inside his skull. He felt the hot air pound his skin, even at night. He felt the sand underneath his feet. This was where he was born. Not the Jedi Academy, no. The sands of Kalee. A spark burned in his eyes suddenly, and he felt a switch inside of him flip. Rael knew she was tempting him with the darkside, but he also knew that may have not been such a bad thing. He felt the Force pump through his veins, invigorating him. He would show her who lacked resolve. He brought his blades together, stopping her powerful strike. Then, the Kaleesh started on the offensive. His sabers slashed and jabbed in a series of instinctive attacks.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

The Host Lord had no intention of giving up ground, being locked into his attacks would force her own strategy against her. Whilst she was unable to dodge the attack initially, she parried and blocked hit after hit before finally giving in one powerful swing when his two blades met her one. Using this moment she sent one good shove back and quickly turned to the side, briefly throwing her out of the engagement until she retook her stance and had no intention of allowing this to carry on any longer.

"Enough of your nonsense.", she objected. Anja had no intention of lecturing him -- but if he did not respond to her more diplomatic methods then she'd have to respond far more harshly. She wasn't a Sith, she didn't cave into emotional barbarism but instead refined herself. The force -- to her -- was magic, not something alive and worshiped; it was a tool to be used, nothing else. She had no qualm towards this and never allowed herself to delve deep down the road of too-much-trouble. And so far he was just that, trouble. Taking her blade up she brandished the weapon in a posture that gave no hint of whether she was aiming for attack or defense, or even balance. It was still Juyo but the stance looked like she was intending on changing back to Niman partially if need be. It could be a feint, or a ruse. Perhaps she was being sloppy? Who knows.

As she stood there she channeled the force, knowing that an attack may come any point soon. Their duel had gone on long enough and was nearing its twilight.

[member="Rael sul B'an"]

Rael too, backed off, lowering his blades. He kept them on, just in case she attacked, although he felt that she wouldn't. "Nonsense indeed..." He muttered, he took a few deep breathes, and let himself calm down from the anger he just felt. I shouldn't do that, that was un-Jedilike. The Kaleesh thought to himself. "So, I'll ask you again...what do you want with me?" Rael looked her up an down, trying to feel her out. He reached out with the Force, touching at her mind. The Padawan had some natural telepathic abilities, but undoubtedly, she would be more skilled than he.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

Anja was rarely one to hide her force signature -- being not very adept at the ability to begin with.

"What do I want? What do you want?", she pondered. "You're self-serving -- believe it or not -- just now you became fearful. Afraid of what, though? It wasn't me you were afraid of.", she stated and then began to think on the subject momentarily.

"Perhaps you don't like it when you get aggressive and lust for the kill? But why? To be afraid of something you'll do or done makes you a coward. It does not lead to self-control.", she claimed and paced back and forth, this time she was in no particular stance but that did not mean she wasn't being careful. She was making sure she did not lose momentum; muscle acid was already building up. Her hands gripped her lightsaber as she stopped, turning to face him once more. "How can you wield something and then be afraid of it? That fear will be your undoing.", she said having channeled up her force energy from earlier -- unlike the Sith she did not constantly rely on her emotions and thus could not so easily call upon Dark Side energies without meditating first, limiting her to mostly neutral force powers unless provoked, which is rare.

She wondered if she could use her magic to strengthen her swings, and began to imagine the same feeling she had when pushing him into moving with her arms, pushing them gently forward with added strength. Anja didn't actually employ the thought, merely thinking of it before taking stance and pointing the blade towards him. "Why are you so afraid?", she taunted.

[member="Rael sul B'an"]

"You're right. I am afraid. Afraid of the monster inside of me." He pointed one of his sabers at her. "I cannot allow that Warrior to become no better than. I use it to defend the innocent, not to spill the blood of those I disagree with." Rael lowered his sabers, and turned them off. He shrugged at her. This moment was hard for him. His blood was pumping with the excitement of a potential kill, but his mind told him not to. He slowly started backing away. For the first time in his life, the Kaleesh had a seemingly good strategy. He knew right then, he had no chance of beating her. Yet, one day, they would be equals, and he would be ready for her again. He clipped his sabers onto his belt, and noticed they had a few drips of blood from cuts on his arms. "Let me leave, Sith. Let us both live, so we might face each other again."

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

Sith? She thought to herself on that. She knew who they were, well in fact, as they were allies of herself. Why did he assume she was one of them? Truth-be-told she only met a few but those who did had a far more complex demeanor than she possessed. She saw that as a benefit on her part but then again she never understood why they were so reliant on their emotions.

"What makes you believe you'd see me again?", she genuinely asked. Before he could reply she went on, "That fear is foolish, you know. I don't understand it -- Why escape who you are to become something you're not?", she chimed in. In that moment she could only assume he was a Jedi. He referred to her as a Sith and decided to step away from whatever feelings were inside him out of fear. A symbol of their Order's code, something she wasn't particularly familiar with but knew enough of. "That's not a reasonable task, now is it? I've read historical documents time and time again. Why is it that the Jedi fail? Not just them, all these 'Orders'; its' because they time and time again rely on escaping their existence.", she debated in thought.

Looking back to him, she awaited an answer.

[member="Rael sul B'an"]

"You think it is just the Jedi who fail? Why then, do the Sith constantly tear each other down from the inside out? Jedi never fail, and Jedi only fall when the Force commands it." Rael kept backing up even farther. He didn't know what she was, and had only called her Sith out of confusion, out of needing a name for her. "And you know we will meet again. Whether in life or death, I don't know...Are you done? Done tempting me?" Rael had to admit, she made valid points. However, he wouldn't allow himself to fall to her level. In a feeble attempt to get her to back off, he reached into the Force. Once he had the energy he needed, he reached out an invisible tendril towards her mind, the only mind in the area he could sense. Most of his telepathy had been with allies, and he no idea what might happen. 'Leave. Me. Be.'

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

Anja ignored his telepathy, not caring for such subtlety. "I'm not here to tempt you. I'm beyond those sly notions -- I don't do anything without a reason; and thus far I have little reason to kill you.", she said truthfully. Of course he did fight her and she had interests that were a bit more ulterior but he no longer interested her in that regard.

"At first I thought you were just naive, but no, you're lost; without realization of who you even are.", she insisted and began to lower her blade, exiting a combat stance. If he truly wished to leave then now was the time. There was no attempt to stop him or give him any further warnings. The Host Lord knew well that if she did ever find him again, it would be on a war-torn world -- most likely -- or something similar to that. Nonetheless everything was slowly winding down, she had done her damage. Of course it could've been worse if either of them aimed for the kill immediately but this was a rather unorthodox duel.

"Lives are useless, Jedi. It's the cause that matters; people will die, that much is true so it's meaningless to protect lives if it forsakes the cause. You're forsaking your own cause by conforming to beliefs that make you fear for yourself. If you truly fear that you'll fall out of place that only means you don't belong there.", she philosophized on the subject in a preachy way. After she had spoken she waited to see if he would disagree, merely leave, or whatever he decided to do.

[member="Rael sul B'an"]

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

"I'm tired of your games." Rael started walking back more. He needed to get out of there. He would talk with his master about this later. The conversation this woman wanted to have was far over the Kaleesh's head. Eventually, he turned around, and started walking up the hill as quick as he could. He kept walking, walking towards his village, even though he hadn't slept. Rael wanted to get as far away from her as possible. He needed to think, to meditate. Rael shook his head, he could still feel her presence, but had no idea whether or not she was going to follow him. The Padawan certainly hoped not.

Anja watched as the Kaleesh walked away, she had no interest in following the Jedi. She instead exhaled, releasing a cold, steady sigh before turning around and walking back in the opposite direction. She approached a small shuttle that was guarded by a few Gulandi, the corrupted Sephi warriors of Gulamendis who aided her crusades with zeal. "Prepare the ship for launch, it won't take too long before the Imperials find out I'm here.", she said looking up at the stars. Although the Imperial Remnant had little idea who she was, they would surely recognize the design of their ships after the Skirmish.

The Host Lord looked back and into the direction he went, it was hours ago already and in the dead of night; despite hills and distance between them she could still feel his presence -- even amongst the many others. The War Chief of Kalee is one of her warlords, although now exiled from the world his people still remain loyal to the promise of their liberation. This one, however, seemed different. Foreign. That was odd given he was Kaleesh like the people who lived there but then again she remembered that Jedi tend to leave their worlds and live in temples. The idea was rather strange to her, almost ironic to think about seeing as The Primeval were religious yet they did not have temples. After her deep thought, Anja turned back around and to her officer, she could hear his approaching footsteps. "Your Worship, we're ready to launch.", she said quietly as if not to disturb her too much. Anja nodded, she was quite pleased with the day despite suffering the burn on her leg. She only noticed it when she looked down and suddenly the sharp pain returned. It was number but it still burned terribly. Her face cringed visibly, even with the force at her side as she limped on board. The loss of adrenaline plus the awareness of her wound must've caused the reaction.

The officers didn't want to seem concerned. She didn't ask for their help, so they remained awkwardly idle as obvious thoughts darted around their minds. Her eyes darted as insecurity came over her; a wave of terrible emotions as she lashed out verbally, "Stop looking at me and make yourselves useful!", she shouted, slamming her hand across a table and making some inanimate objects launch across the room, bruising her hand in the process. She slammed the now balled fist hard on her other leg in the fit of rage before reaching out with the force -- darker and more twisted than before. Her hands clenched and retracted, muscles contracting and going loose in cycles before she reached out in an intricate pattern of finger movements. The ones around her began to scream and moan in horror as their very fears were summoned before them, she wanted to teach them a lesson out of impulse and after a few seconds she released. At least one of them was unconscious all the while the others remained on the floor, curled up and weeping as vivid imaginations of their deepest horrors sank deeply into the backs of their minds. Brushing away a few loose strands of hair, Anja walked back into her private quarters as the ship ascended into space and jumped to light speed.

[member="Rael sul B'an"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom